What's new

Rome Ideal Org

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Scientology: Grand Opening of the new Church of Scientology Rome in Italy

2009-10-30 21:10:52 - More than 6,000 people gathered in Rome's Casalotti de Boccea district Saturday, October 24, to celebrate the grand opening of the new Church of Scientology Rome.

Thousands attend grand opening of new Church in Rome;
All invited to find out for themselves "What is Scientology?"

The 6,400-square-meter Church, situated on 28 acres of parkland, marks the largest expansion to date for Scientology in its 30-year history in Italy. The new Church will serve parishioners of Central Italy and other regions of the Mediterranean.

Signifying the stature and prominence of this new Church, the ecclesiastical leader of the Scientology religion, Mr. David Miscavige, welcomed parishioners to their new home in the historical crossroads of Western civilization. Speaking of what inspired every Scientologist to make this new Church possible, he stated:
"How on earth can one possibly speak of history without a nod to Rome? This City of God, this City of Man, this center of the Western world for at least a thousand years - if ever a place was destined for an Ideal Church of Scientology, it's here. For what better arena to show what Scientology can do than this age-old religious empire?"

Among those participating in the dedication of the new Scientology Church were Dino De Pasquale, Disaster Manager of the Civil Protection Agency; Professor Silvio Calzolari of the Theological Faculty at the Vatican University in Florence; Professor Luigi Berzano, Professor of Sociology of Religions at the University of Turin; and Ms. Laura Guercio, President of Legal Aid Worldwide.

The new home for the Church of Scientology of Rome is a contemporary building that has undergone extensive remodeling to accommodate all Scientology religious services, the many community activities of Church members, and introductory services for visitors.

An expansive Public Information Center houses a permanent interactive multimedia exhibit containing more than 230 films covering the Church's beliefs, practices and activities. Along with descriptions of Scientology principles and information on the life and accomplishments of Scientology Founder L. Ron Hubbard, the displays also cover the Church-sponsored international social programs that effectively combat drug abuse, illiteracy, criminality, immorality and human rights violations. The Church's doors are open to anyone to take self-guided tours through the Public Information Center to find out about Scientology for themselves.

The Church of Scientology of Rome will coordinate the social betterment programs of the Church in Central Italy. With two decades of experience in drug prevention, its "Say No to Drugs, Say Yes to Life" program provides proven solutions to one of the most pressing problems in Italian society.

In his dedication address, Mr. Miscavige emphasized the importance of the Church's social mission and stressed to the Scientologists in attendance the vital necessity of taking responsibility for the community in which they live:

"You owe [Rome] our salvage campaigns to eradicate drug abuse, instill a respect for human rights and provide basic technology for living through The Way to Happiness.
"You owe her our learning and literacy programs.
"You owe her a system of criminal reform based not on punishment, but the restoration of self-respect.
"You owe every addict a drug free life and every lost and hopeless soul the chance to discover something can be done about It.
"But most of all, you owe every Roman citizen an opportunity to discover Dianetics and Scientology"

The new Church of Scientology in Rome represents a milestone for the Scientology religion, which comprises more than 8,000 Churches, Missions and groups in 165 nations. As part of the continuing program to meet the increasing demand for Scientology services, new Churches have been established in Berlin, Johannesburg, London, Madrid, New York, San Francisco and elsewhere. This year alone, new Churches have opened in Malmo, Sweden, Dallas, Texas, and Nashville, Tennessee.
___

Video footage and additional photographs of the Church of Scientology of Rome dedication are available to media upon request. Please call Media Relations at (323) 960-3500 or email [email protected].

28 acres of parkland??? Lots of body traffic there, lol.

I wonder where the 6000 people came from. Movie extras or free rock concert? I doubt there are 6000 active Scientologists in the whole of EU. But this is what the "suckers" are being told. Scientology is booming everywhere but where they are.

Mystic

Crusader

I wonder where the 6000 people came from. Movie extras or free rock concert? I doubt there are 6000 active Scientologists in the whole of EU. But this is what the "suckers" are being told. Scientology is booming everywhere but where they are.

OK. Now let's see the non-scifaggOT report on this event.

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
"But most of all, you owe every Roman citizen an opportunity to discover Dianetics and Scientology"

Of course DM pushes the idea that Scn is more important than anything else.

I was just reading in Blown for Good about a public member who was temporarily not progressing on "The Bridge" because he needed to have a lot of dental work done. DM found out about this and reamed the whole technical staff at Flag because they had dared to permit this to happen. DM doesn't care if the guy has any teeth or not. Who needs teeth when you are moving up the Bridge? :eyeroll:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

Well.. they could probably get a large portion of that from Milan. especially if they provided subsidized travel.

The more important question is how the hell they are going to support this "ideal org" Rome has NEVER had anything other than a small, failing org. It has never done well, unless circumstances ahve changed dramatically (and I have seen no evidence that this is the case) they could not even afford a decent place in a slum.

So how is this place going to be paid for?

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
After talking to a couple Scientologists about this super expansion, they seem to think all these ideal orgs are going to fix everything. Because it was "all" out tech before the "Golden age of Tech". :hysterical:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
After talking to a couple Scientologists about this super expansion, they seem to think all these ideal orgs are going to fix everything. Because it was "all" out tech before the "Golden age of Tech". :hysterical:

wow. The crazy thing about all this is that hubbard would have gone apeshit about it.

its one of the few areas where I think he actually had his head screwed on right

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron

Straight from the horses mouth.
Golden Age of tech is supposed to solve everything. I'm not sure what they're going to think when more and more Ideal Orgs fail and continue to fail. There has to be another excuse when the time comes.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron

I'm not surprised. They are clutching at straws now. Anyone with any vestige of cognitive ability can see that the CoS is in trouble. What’s left of the membership are desperately looking for solutions and will latch onto whatever Miscavige says is the new salvation. It doesn’t matter that all his other bright ideas didn’t work in the past – KTL, GAT, Congress Lectures, Cavalcades, Basics etc, these were all touted as The Thing that would get Scientology booming. And it hasn’t happened.

Axiom142

smartone

My Own Boss
Of course DM pushes the idea that Scn is more important than anything else.

I was just reading in Blown for Good about a public member who was temporarily not progressing on "The Bridge" because he needed to have a lot of dental work done. DM found out about this and reamed the whole technical staff at Flag because they had dared to permit this to happen. DM doesn't care if the guy has any teeth or not. Who needs teeth when you are moving up the Bridge? :eyeroll:

I luuuuurv sarcasm :whistling:

A free concert in the park usually draws about 60,000 ... 54,000 people must have found out the cult was having an event there too and decided to find something else to do instead.

Anonycat

Crusader
They either shipped or shooped that audience in. Really. Who cares about a cult having a grand opening?

Bird

Patron
Does anyone have an explanation as to why the DC, Rome and Brussels Ideal Orgs are sponsered by the IAS while the other ideal orgs are paid in full by direct donations from local public? There's an anomaly there that I would like to understand.

You have to wonder why they are so obsessed with grossly inflating the number of attendees at their events. Are they thinking if their parade of idiots has 6,000 people as opposed to 500 people it will spur interest it their train wreck, for reasons other than to be entertained by the freak show.?

Bird

Patron
You have to wonder why they are so obsessed with grossly inflating the number of attendees at their events. Are they thinking if their parade of idiots has 6,000 people as opposed to 500 people it will spur interest it their train wreck, for reasons other than to be entertained by the freak show.?

I would say this is because corporate scientology uses 1940's era propaganda language and doesn't know any other way.

Another thing. I've been playing "spot the odd one out". There are three IAS sponsored ideal orgs. Washington, Brussels and Rome. Do these cities have something in common? Well DC and Brussels both have governement and economic concentration, on an international scale. But Rome? Ok, capital of Italy, seat of the... World Food Program? Well, what powerfull international organisation has it's powerbase in Italy?

Oh wait!

gomorrah.jpg

Does anyone have an explanation as to why the DC, Rome and Brussels Ideal Orgs are sponsered by the IAS while the other ideal orgs are paid in full by direct donations from local public? There's an anomaly there that I would like to understand.

Well, I'm from Belgium, and based on the stuff I've observed up until now I would say that there simply aren't a lot of Scientologists here. The previous church was in a pretty insignificant building in an outskirt of Brussels, and the Dianetics center (now closed) was hardly ever open. I would say that there simply wasn't enough cash to be extorted.