What's new

SP Times: Man overboard: To leave Scientology, Don Jason had to jump off a ship

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
SP Times: Part 3 of Round Three: Man overboard: To leave Scientology, Don Jason had to jump off a ship

Excerpt:

He ruled out jumping overboard. The 40-foot drop was too dangerous, and the dock walls too high, with no ladders.

The thick, 30-foot cables that moor the ship to the dock seemed his best chance. He thought through the variables.

He would have to move quickly down the cable; the guards would hurry to the dock to head him off. Timing was important. Too many people on the dock and he would create a scene. Then again, he wanted at least a few witnesses.

When the ship docked each day, he watched the cables go taut and slack with the tide. A drooping cable would leave him short of the dock. He would have to time his descent so when he reached bottom, the cable would be taut. He would have to get around the metal plate that kept rats from climbing to the ship.

He scavenged for materials to build a device that would help him quickly get down the cable.

He fashioned something like a rolling pin. Starting with a wooden dowel the thickness of a clothing rod, he sawed off a 16-inch piece. Around it he fit a 7-inch length of PVC pipe. To keep the PVC from moving side to side, he sunk drywall screws into the dowel on either end of the PVC.

fortymarriedandbalding

Patron with Honors
Another good article. Great to see that newspapers the world over are picking up on these articles.

And with Marty comming on board re: coersion to sign documents etc, it makes having them declared null and void in legal preceeding a lot easier.

Marty Rathbun is laughing about being involved in personally imprisoning and enslaving people and then stalking and hunting them down after the escaped. Is this man even capable of remorse. Did Hubbard's Tech mess up his head to the point he's not capable of understanding what he did to ruin people's lives?

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
Don

I blew from the Apollo, in Freeport, in 1974. It took some doing, and I had to talk my way back into the country with just my drivers licence, but I had heard it could be done, and it was easier than I thought. I was a small fish, and no one came after me.
Thanks for telling your story, Don.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Kidnapping
False Imprisonment
and all kinds of other criminal acts against Scientologists.

When is the government going to do something?

Kidnapping
False Imprisonment

I don't get it either, we are spending trillions of dollars fighting wars against totalitarian regimes in the Middle East, but we ignore the ones in our own backyard. It makes no sense what so ever.

Wisened One

Crusader
Just starting to listen now. He looks familiar....wonder if he'd ever been to Miami Org...or if he spoke a lot at Events or somethin'....

Ladybird

so6.jpg

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Kidnapping
False Imprisonment

When it pays better to do something than do nothing. If enough people complain to their congress-critters then something may occur if said incumbents think it might affect their re-election chances, but don't bank on it.

Paul

Ladybird

There used to be some pictures of Don Jason and his beautiful wife Yvonne on line. Apparently Don Jason has been erased from official cult photos. Yvonne married Paul Kellerhaus after Don left, Mr. Kellerhaus was INT Security Cheif ... the post that Uwe Stuckenbrock held before he was RPFed and died a decade or so after being imprisoned in the cults gulag.

Some nice photos of the top dogs of the cult here:

http://www.xenu.net/archive/photoalbum/

http://www.xenu.net/

Wisened One

Crusader
Great interview, Don!! :clap: The moment you slid down that line musta been INTENSE, huh?

I can't wait till one day soon, we are all watching the other Int Execs's stories once they are out!!!:yes:

Ladybird

I hope some of the recent "Top Dogs" will start telling the whole truth one of these days. Many have told the truth already, but the current crop of attention whores who are pretenders to the cult crown are just laughable. (If it wasn't so sad.)

tbrn168l.jpg

Blue Spirit

Government Do Something ?

Kidnapping
False Imprisonment

Scientology is PART of the government !!

I get tired of posting the website to show that, so find it yourself !

The government makes EVERYTHING worse.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Marty Rathbun is laughing about being involved in personally imprisoning and enslaving people and then stalking and hunting them down after the escaped. Is this man even capable of remorse. Did Hubbard's Tech mess up his head to the point he's not capable of understanding what he did to ruin people's lives?

nnnnnnnope!

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
youtube

How Don Jason Escaped Scientology Cult

Don Jason says he was locked in his cabin and later was denied repeated requests to leave the Freewinds.

"For probably three or four days I refused to work, sat in my room saying over and over again: I want to leave. I want to leave. I want to leave. That didn't get me anywhere."

From scraps around the ship, he fashioned a device to escape down a mooring line.

Original video and story from tampabay.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6veKvazK8xU