What's new

Federal Senate Inquiry into the CofS, called for, in Australian Parliament tonight

uncle sam

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks to one and all!

To all of you wonderful exes in Australia and New Zealand.....Thank You! You have dealt an effective blow against one of the main enemies of humanity.

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
Americans - write your congressperson!

I wrote my congressperson this morning about this speech in Australia. Told him as an American I was ashamed that these abuses were allowed to occur in my country, and glad that someone had the balls to stand up for what's right, for what's civilized.

Americans, you can follow this link to add your voice: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Awesome speech by Mr. Xeonophon is awesome. He put it well: "In Australia there are no limits on what you can believe. But there are limits on how you can behave. It is called the law, and no-one is above it."

anon2487

Patron with Honors
Thanks to everyone involved for standing up for what's right, and to those who worked quietly in the background to help put it together.

Just great news. :happydance:

'Nuff said.

You are awesome!

Well done and THANK YOU to all those who contributed to this and everyone on this board! I am completely choked up by all you brave people who have come forward to talk to Senator Xenophon. I sincerely hope you get the justice you deserve. And also thank you Senator Xenophon for having the guts to do this.

:clap::clap::grouphug::wow::thewave:

uniquemand

Unbeliever
America is the source of the infection. Hopefully, this will spread here. However, until we rectify our constitution, there are loopholes for "religions" like Scientology to abuse.

byte301

Crusader
America is the source of the infection. Hopefully, this will spread here. However, until we rectify our constitution, there are loopholes for "religions" like Scientology to abuse.

I disagree. We just need a better definition of religion. One that doesn't allow cults to open for business.

Freedom of religion is important. Scientology is not a religion.

And elron was the source not America. He just took advantage of America and the constitution.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Elron is American. The loopholes in the constitution are the weakness allowing the infection. Changing definitions of religion might help, but seriously, why is freedom of religion important? Perhaps that's another thread. I don't see tolerance for delusion as an important thing in democracy.

byte301

Crusader
Elron is American. The loopholes in the constitution are the weakness allowing the infection. Changing definitions of religion might help, but seriously, why is freedom of religion important? Perhaps that's another thread. I don't see tolerance for delusion as an important thing in democracy.

It is another thread. :D We'll do a history of the US another day.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, it’s less than 12 hours after the start of this thread, but I’m already a latecomer to the party! But, I would definitely like to add my name to the long list of congratulants. I checked the news today at work and this was already the top Scientology story and it’s only just begun.

Well done the Aussies and Kiwis! You guys are truly awesome!

What you have started ‘down under’ will reverberate throughout the world. There is a momentum now that cannot be stopped – it’s a huge avalanche of Truth sweeping away this cult of unreason.

Hubbard was never very keen on the Aussies, he must have known that they couldn’t be fooled for too long. He should have stayed away, but I guess that sometimes stupid people only learn the hard way. The CoS is receiving a lesson that it will never forget. :yes:

Axiom142

auntpat

Patron with Honors
God Bless You

Each of you who contributed to this Senators knowledge and armed him for this battle is a Hero in my mind. And an avenging Angel in my heart.

I am so proud to be a member of this board.

You will continue to be in the center of my prayers.

Aunt Pat

Kutta

Carmel and Aaron and all you fantastic Aussies and Kiwis, a heartfelt thank you. Your persistence, hard work, and bravery has clearly been so awesomely, wonderfully effective. This is just so amazing, I am practically speechless. Thank you to the great Senator and his deputy too. I'm gonna send him a thank you email. All power to all of you. :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
Carmel, you are a gem. An absolutely brilliant piece of organisation. Congratulations to the Schofields and Dethridges and Arron and of course, the Underwoods, for the courage they have shown in exposing the criminal activities of the Corporation of Scientology. I look forward to the media coverage.

David.

This thread has literally blown up overnight.

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread yet, but I saw two youtube videos of Sen. Xenophon's speech.

It looks like mate has summarized the main people who are due congratulations for this, so I will just say "ditto."

:thumbsup:

supafreak

Patron Meritorious
Amazing! Wonderful! Spectacular! :happydance: :buzzin:

Many, many thanks to the Underwoods, Schofields, Mackeys, Detheridges and Aaron for coming forward and speaking out! :grouphug:

Terril park

Sponsor
Salutations to the Wizards of Oz!

Salutations to the Wizards of Oz!

Those who have communicated to the Senator have mostly put themselves at some risk. They have already been at risk from OSA and apparently handling that excellently, but they have also admitted to various crimes and misdemeanors, and perhaps put themselves at some risk of prosecution.

Senator Xenophon has no doubt been informed that COS will investigate thoroughly and dredge up anything that can be used to dead agent him.
So as a prominent politician he is being very brave.

I salute the courage of the Wizards from Oz!

Feral

Rogue male
I've been holding my breath waiting for this to start. This could be huge....and fatal.

The Cof$ is being exposed as a criminal organisation by Nick Xenophon, I can hardly believe it.

I'm so proud to know Carmel, Tim, Scoots, Aaron and the Dethridges they showed extraordinary courage in exposing the crimes they did.:thumbsup:

I know it wasn't easy for any of them and now according to the church we are serving a fascist regime. Bullshit!

We're exposing one.

Wankers!

byte301

Crusader
I've been holding my breath waiting for this to start. This could be huge....and fatal.

The Cof$ is being exposed as a criminal organisation by Nick Xenophon, I can hardly believe it.

I'm so proud to know Carmel, Tim, Scoots, Aaron and the Dethridges they showed extraordinary courage in exposing the crimes they did.:thumbsup:

I know it wasn't easy for any of them and now according to the church we are serving a fascist regime. Bullshit!

We're exposing one.

Wankers!

I second that.:thumbsup:

OHTEEATE

Holy SHIT!

THIS was better to wake up to than coffee this morning! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...or-nick-xenophon/story-e6frg6nf-1225799077820

THANK YOU, everyone who contributed to this great achievement! :thumbsup:

Wow! This camels back just snapped! Incredible job, and worth all your hard work. This is the first step in real action towards justice in ANZO. It can set a precedent for other countries. No wonder the trolls are all over this forum. Headway is being made. Time for a round of the best beer. Drink up!!