PO Box 476A
Morningside, QLD, 4170

Attachments

• kevin.jpg
    kevin.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 27

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I don't wanna sound like a patronising git − but what with human nature being as it is − if you're not in Oz, and you've written a good letter, it's probably not a bad idea to forward an amended copy in the direction of your local MP/Senator/government representative.

Kill two birds with one stone 'n all that.

I agree.......this makes good sense, and could pay some good dividends as well.

Seems that Nancy Many's book as well as Bark Deadly's book would make great Christmas presents for the PM and other government officials.

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Done!

I just sent a summary of the story of my brother Uwe Stuckenbrock via e-Mail to the Prime Minister of Australia - and of course to Malcolm Turnbull and
Nick Xenophon

Love

Markus

Last edited:

smartone

My Own Boss
Hey Folks,

Once there is a Senate Inquiry underway, we'll be asking for submissions from around the world. Right now though, we're requesting simple letters, from any and all who have first hand experience with abuses from the CofS.

There is no doubt that Prime Minister Rudd, and the leader of the opposition, Malcolm Turnbull, are being flooded with communication from Scientologists, as we speak.

Also, whilst the content of letters which 10 of us wrote have been substantiated thoroughly with all sorts of information to Senator Xenophon and certain media people, it hasn't been to the PM and the leader of the opposition.

Receiving letters with specifics (in brief bullet point form), from "victims" and/or previous "aggressors" of Scientlogy, regarding abuses at the hands of the CofS, will go a long way toward substantiating the "grave allegations" which have been made.

Please email them within the next 24 hours, and copy Nick Xenophon. If you're in Aussie, if you could also email your local federal member (see links below).

Thanks,
Carmel

PM - http://www.pm.gov.au/PM_Connect/Email_your_PM
Malcolm Turnbull - http://www.aph.gov.au/house/members/member.asp?id=885
Nick Xenophon - http://www.nickxenophon.com.au/page.php?id=63

Sent all three emails off today. YAY!

Carmel

Crusader
It's too late for letters!

Prime Minister
Kevin Rudd

Suite MG 8
Parliament House
Canberra ACT 2600
Australia.

Postal Address:
PO Box 476A
Morningside, QLD, 4170
Please use email, not post, as time is of the essence.

The pollies could be voting on whether or not to have a Senate Inquiry as early as Monday, so if you want to be heard, then send emails to the PM, the leader of the opposition, and the federal member in your electorate (if you're an Aussie). Email details given in post #6 on this thread.

It doesn't have to be a detailed account of anything, at this time. Just an email supporting the call for a Senate Inquiry and police investigation, and a brief statement of your reasons why.

We have an opportunity here. Every media outlet in the country is onto it, so that'll put pressure on all the pollies to give a yes vote, but support from 'the people', and more reasons to do it, may be what will get it over the line.

Thanks.

Div6

Crusader
Hey Folks,

Once there is a Senate Inquiry underway, we'll be asking for submissions from around the world. Right now though, we're requesting simple letters, from any and all who have first hand experience with abuses from the CofS.

There is no doubt that Prime Minister Rudd, and the leader of the opposition, Malcolm Turnbull, are being flooded with communication from Scientologists, as we speak.

Also, whilst the content of letters which 10 of us wrote have been substantiated thoroughly with all sorts of information to Senator Xenophon and certain media people, it hasn't been to the PM and the leader of the opposition.

Receiving letters with specifics (in brief bullet point form), from "victims" and/or previous "aggressors" of Scientlogy, regarding abuses at the hands of the CofS, will go a long way toward substantiating the "grave allegations" which have been made.

Please email them within the next 24 hours, and copy Nick Xenophon. If you're in Aussie, if you could also email your local federal member (see links below).

Thanks,
Carmel

PM - http://www.pm.gov.au/PM_Connect/Email_your_PM
Malcolm Turnbull - http://www.aph.gov.au/house/members/member.asp?id=885
Nick Xenophon - http://www.nickxenophon.com.au/page.php?id=63

Bump for great justice.

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
too late for letters... NOT!

Carmel, if anyone outside of Australia writes a letter, KR secretary HAS to read it.... so it goes into the Federal Police data base.
Please do NOT tell Ex-Members to not write in.

Hard copy goes into archives that will last for decades, I want this info to be there in Canberra.... FOREVER !

Last edited:

smartone

My Own Boss
I agree.......this makes good sense, and could pay some good dividends as well.

Seems that Nancy Many's book as well as Bark Deadly's book would make great Christmas presents for the PM and other government officials.

Yessssss!
Great idea! That'll make his hair curl... :D

Carmel

Crusader
Carmel, if anyone outside of Australia writes a letter, KR secretary HAS to read it.... so it goes into the Federal Police data base, so please do NOT tell Ex-Members to write in.

Hard copy goes into archives that will last for decades, I want this info to be there in Canberra FOREVER !

Of course we want hard copies sent, but today and tomorrow we need emails, because we want the communication to get to them NOW, because it's today and tomorrow that they'll be deciding which way they are going to go!

By all means, back up your email with a letter in the post, but if ya want to affect the pollies in regard to their decision on a Senate Inquiry, and ya haven't already sent letters, then please send emails, and ASAP!

Carmel

Crusader
Independent senator Nick Xenophon has described as a "cop out" coalition reluctance to back his call for a Senate inquiry into the Church of Scientology.

The senator, in a scathing parliamentary attack on Tuesday, labelled the church a criminal organisation hiding behind so-called religious beliefs.

He called for a Senate inquiry into the church's tax-exempt status and a police investigation of criminal allegations.

The government says it will consider Senator Xenophon's request for an inquiry but the opposition is not so keen.

"My view is that Senate committees shouldn't try to act as de facto law enforcers," senior opposition senator Eric Abetz told reporters on Thursday.

But he conceded parliament was an appropriate forum to raise concerns.

Senator Xenophon was not impressed with the coalition line, saying the Senate had conducted inquiries on issues such as whether Tasmania should have an AFL football team through to the Forgotten Australians.

"Yet there are excuses on both sides of the fence... that it's all too hard and we shouldn't have an inquiry into it, now that is a cop out," he told reporters.

Senators, as elected representatives, had an obligation to deal with the grievances of constituents and deal with allegations of injustice.

"So I see that as a cop out if that is the path that my Senate colleagues will go down."

Senator Xenophon said he had received hundreds of emails, including many detailing complaints from former members of the church, following his speech.

"Those will be gone through and, where appropriate, will be handed on to the police."

A phone hook-up was scheduled with NSW police on Thursday morning to discuss the matter, he said.

Ok folks, time to email Eric Abetz!

His argument doesn't carry weight. Senate Inquiries have more licence and leeway than police investigations, and are open to originations and information from outside of fixed perameters which police investigations are restricted by.

We need both a police investigation and a Senate Inquiry...they will work had and hand. Submissions and then investigation with an Inquiry, will expose what needs to be investigated and dealt with by police.

Here's how to contact the Senator:
http://abetz.com.au/contact.php

Thanks

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Ok folks, time to email Eric Abetz!

His argument doesn't carry weight. Senate Inquiries have more licence and leeway than police investigations, and are open to originations and information from outside of fixed perameters which police investigations are restricted by.

We need both a police investigation and a Senate Inquiry...they will work had and hand. Submissions and then investigation with an Inquiry, will expose what needs to be investigated and dealt with by police.

Here's how to contact the Senator:
http://abetz.com.au/contact.php

Thanks

Done.

anon2487

Patron with Honors
Independent senator Nick Xenophon has described as a "cop out" coalition reluctance to back his call for a Senate inquiry into the Church of Scientology...
We need to do everything we can to shift this.

Other people who may be able to help:

Nada Stotland, the President of the American Psychiatric Association, recently spoke out against Scientology and the CCHR, when she described them as an "as an anti-psychiatry hate group."

Given her stance, and the fact that it was clear she was aware of the global protests, and all that's gone on over the last couple of years, it's not inconceivable that she might be prepared to encourage her Australian colleagues to support an inquiry of this kind.

American Psychiatric Association
President, Nada Stotland

Call Toll-Free: 1-888-35-PSYCH :eyeroll: or 1-888-35-77924
From outside the U.S. and Canada call: 1-703-907-7300
Email: [email protected]

From what I can tell, the key Aus association is:
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists.

Tel: +61 3 9640 0646
Toll free: 1800 337 448 (for Australian residents)
Toll free: 0800 443 827 (for New Zealand residents)
Email: [email protected]

Are there any other groups with clout or powerful lobbying machines that might be prepared to support this?

[Inb4 Big Pharma :) ]

Last edited: