What's new

SPs: New Info on Getting Money Back

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
If you missed the interview with Scientology about the Senator of Australia, Senator Xenopon-----the Scn Representative says:
"If they're not happy, they can get their money back"
The Journalist says: "So they can get a refund?"

Scn Rep: "ABSOLUTELY"

Ok, so *I* have OSA's phone numbers, from working with them, years ago.
I called, and asked for the IJC (The SPs "only Terminal"). The lady who answered said, "This is the wrong number". I asked for the correct one, and here it is:
(323) 960-3550
I was told by "Claire" there that I needed to send an e-mail, asking for my $ back. She told me to e-mail either the Deputy IJC or the Secretary, "Both who can help you".
Here ya go:
[email protected]
or
[email protected]

I am suggesting *every* Declared SP send an e-mail re this, and keep a record (or post it here, so Journalists can see the truth about this).
I am on the phone right now. She asked me: "Did you send the e-mail?"
I said "Yes, I did, to both". Now I'm on hold. She had said she cannot
put through phone calls (convenient).

Anyways.....let's get this rocking! The Scn Rep (and Hubbard's Policy)
SAYS we can get our money back.

SO? I say give it a shot. If they don't....make that public, too. It's ALL
Important.

My best to all

Tory/Magoo
WOW! Here's the PS: The "nice" lady---came back on, saying to "keep e-mailing him". I said, "Look: You know in Scientology you all are ALWAYS pitching Responsibility so the ~least~ he can do is answer this".

She raised her voice intensely and said:
I WILL GET HIM THE MESSAGE:::: GOOD BYE!!!!
(and hung up)
Religion? MY ASS.
"Standard tech"/"Responsibility"? Stop lying, OSA ops, to yourself and others.

Feral

Rogue male
Thanks Tory,

As the person she was directly referring to I have sent my request.

BTW, the figure that I gave on the media interview was AFTER deducting the sum repaid which was unused money on my account for training and auditing.

So I guess I can expect a large repayment.

I'll eat my hat publicly (if figuratively) should they fulfill my demand.

RogerB

Crusader
Which Country is this Phone # ?

If you missed the interview with Scientology about the Senator of Australia, Senator Xenopon-----the Scn Representative says:
"If they're not happy, they can get their money back"
The Journalist says: "So they can get a refund?"

Scn Rep: "ABSOLUTELY"

Ok, so *I* have OSA's phone numbers, from working with them, years ago.
I called, and asked for the IJC (The SPs "only Terminal"). The lady who answered said, "This is the wrong number". I asked for the correct one, and here it is:
(323) 960-3550
I was told by "Claire" there that I needed to send an e-mail, asking for my $ back. She told me to e-mail either the Deputy IJC or the Secretary, "Both who can help you".
Here ya go:
[email protected]
or
[email protected]

Snipped . . .

Nice, Tory.

Which country is this phone # for? Is this an Oz number or USA?

RogerB

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
Nice, Tory.

RogerB

Sweet, Tory! Great news video; the Church rep did say we can get refunds!

The 323 number is in Los Angeles, California.

I did already receive my repayments - that is, unused donations on account at Flag and Dallas Org plus I did get my IAS donations returned. However, what the heck, I am no longer a Scientologist so yes, I will email them to get refunds, too.
I could always use $150,000 to $200,000 back!

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
USA NUMBER

Nice, Tory.

RogerB

Hi Roger,
That is a Los Angeles Scientology number 323-960.....
Most certainly the Hollywood Gaurantee building.

P.S.- I'll be returning PM comm shortly........a bit of a comm lag !

apple

Patron Meritorious
I thought I read somewhere that there was a 30 day period where one can get a refund of funds that have been used. An unlimited time frame for unused funds. Thats in the US though, dont know if it applies in other countries.

Anyways thanks for posting the interview. The scn. lady sounds sweet but I dont trust the poison underneath. Ive learned to accept that I do not believe anything that Scn. spokespeople say. They seem to be lies or half truths.

Last edited:

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
I thought I read somewhere that there was a 30 day period where one can get a refund of funds that have been used. An unlimited time frame for unused funds. Thats in the US though, dont know if it applies in other countries.

Anyways thanks for posting the interview. The scn. lady sounds sweet but I dont trust the poison underneath. Ive learned to accept that I do not believe anything that Scn. spokespeople. They seem to be lies or half truths.

Yeah, I thought there was something about you can only get a refund if your services were within 90 days or something. Does anybody remember the exact policy? Perhaps there are several, conflicting policies as would be typical...

I'm not sure - but I'll still give it a good try. Some of us, have stories that Scio isn't anxious to get disseminated even more. Maybe they'll do the right thing and give refunds.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, if they turned you into an SP, those services must have been defective, right?

So you should get a refund on those, too, regardless of age.

smartone

My Own Boss

Magoo

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks everyone for your responses!

I also got *some* money back: My BC paid for (5K) ...but only after months
of trying to get through to the IJC (he'd NEVER return my call). I finally joined
Pre-Paid Legal, THEY wrote Scientology a letter, and I got my money within
24 hours. :omg:

Also, *I* got my IAS money back...........but that was just luck. There was a short period where they were just giving it back, and I slid in during that time.
(2000 or 2001). Soon after they clamped down.

Re should you call that number if you're not declared for a refund? Sure.
Ask them who you should talk with, and post it here for others, please.

I truly hope more people stay on this......it's a recent statement, By
a C of $ representative, saying "Absolutely" they give refunds, "Per Policy". That so many
days rule doesn't fly now, as they weren't giving refunds when I left.

Best to all :thumbsup:

Tory/Magoo

My mother has been involved in on-going battle to get her money back. Since may she has sent and recieved several letters regarding this. The cult even had the cheek to offer compliling their copies of reciepts for services she paid for and money on account, but that would co$t her for their time. Mum has since change her request for a refund to a repayment for money on account. But now, after Virginia Stewart admitting we will get a refund of donations if we don't want to be scientologists any more (and defined a donation as paying for a service) she will be returning to her original request for a full refund.

Mum also has kept copies of the letters sent and recieved regarding this issue.... Do you think the sunrise program or today tonight would be interested in seeing getting a refund from our side of the fence now???

My mother has worked out that money had been removed from her account for services that were never REQUESTED OR DELIVERED!
So now another letter is being sent to the church and a copy to Senator Nick Xenophon...

Have your mom have an attorney write a letter. It goes oh-so-much-quicker that way.

That seems like good advice thetanic. I think that may be the only option left to us if things continue back and forth the way they are, and we get no where with this.

But we'll keep sending copies of everything to Senator Xenophon.

tookmeawhile

Patron with Honors
Also, *I* got my IAS money back...........but that was just luck. There was a short period where they were just giving it back, and I slid in during that time.
(2000 or 2001). Soon after they clamped down.

I don't know if I was just lucky too or if the IAS had/has opened their repayment window again but I got my repayment of donations from the IAS in October of 2008 - about a year ago.

Might as well try - you'll never get any money back unless you try. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can anyone recommend an attorney to write the letter? I have a friend that is an attorney and she won't go near CoS. The attorneys I work for, same thing! And when I tried to sign up for prepaid legal they had several areas of law practice and Scientology didn't fit into any of them. Can anyone recommend a specific lawyer or prepaid legal service where they found an attorney to write them a letter? Thanks!!!

hartley

Patron with Honors
Absolutely*

*Subject to Terms and Conditions. "Freedom" is a TradeMark of Religious Technology Center. Grateful Acknowledgement is made to L Ron Hubbard Library for all this small print bullshit. Our lawyers made us do this. You'll sue us in England.

hartley

Patron with Honors
I'm really surprised none of you seem to know about this website:

http://scientologypayback.org

which has been operating since 2004 IIRC. It sets out exactly what you should do and includes a legal letter template. Did no one type 'money back scientology' into Google?

:duh::duh::duh:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Thanks Tory,

As the person she was directly referring to I have sent my request.

BTW, the figure that I gave on the media interview was AFTER deducting the sum repaid which was unused money on my account for training and auditing.

So I guess I can expect a large repayment.

I'll eat my hat publicly (if figuratively) should they fulfill my demand.

I would LOVE to see you get every penny of your money back, Kevin! :happydance:

And everybody else they owe!