What's new

Do They Know..or not?

Wisened One

Crusader
Hey all:

Day before yesterday me and hubby were shopping in a grocery store that we normally don't go to.

Well, we were at the produce section and I see someone who looks very familiar right behind hubby, then, I see the 2nd person with him and I realize who they are...they are staff members from the Wichita, Mission!

I'm just about to tell hubby..when they sweep slowly around and to the front of us (they had a cart, too). And she smiles wide and says Hi to us!

I'm figuring....'Do they know about us?? :unsure:

I ask them: 'How are you? And how's everyone there doing?'

'Fine' she replies. 'In fact, we're having a thing this Tuesday (tonight) there if you'd like to come to it'

Dean then gets the strangest aghast look on his face and scoffs a bit and says: '...Really? You sure WE can go?!' gauging her indicators.

And she without changing her friendly expression says: 'Yeah, sure! Come on in, it's ok...really!' Then they slowly mosey away.

I think she was thinking we don't feel we should go due to us being Freeloaders, etc. NOT due to us being evil SP's!

So....what do YOU all think? Do they know and this is some 'new tactic' to recover/handle or that they don't even KNOW it due to the-group-that-has-the-best-tr's-and-comm skills-on-the-planet HAS NO IDEA! :D

Wonder if we should go so we can report....:hmm: :devil:

Wisened One

Crusader
:giggle: It might be fun to actually go and see the old crew again.

(We liked them all, nice people ya know...).

And if they ARE trying to recover/handle us...it'll be kinda fun to tell 'em everything about the St. Pete times articles, BFG's and Nancy Many's books, DM's abuses, etc......(whether they choose to believe me or not...).

And THIS time...I know I can stand up and walk out of the room anytime I want! ;)

Idk if I wanna be in that environment or not, tho...I'll keep ya updated! :coolwink:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Hey all:

Day before yesterday me and hubby were shopping in a grocery store that we normally don't go to.

Well, we were at the produce section and I see someone who looks very familiar right behind hubby, then, I see the 2nd person with him and I realize who they are...they are staff members from the Wichita, Mission!

I'm just about to tell hubby..when they sweep slowly around and to the front of us (they had a cart, too). And she smiles wide and says Hi to us!

'Fine' she replies. 'In fact, we're having a thing this Tuesday (tonight) there if you'd like to come to it'

Dean then gets the strangest aghast look on his face and scoffs a bit and says: '...Really? You sure WE can go?!' gauging her indicators.

And she without changing her friendly expression says: 'Yeah, sure! Come on in, it's ok...really!' Then they slowly mosey away.

I think she was thinking we don't feel we should go due to us being Freeloaders, etc. NOT due to us being evil SP's!

So....what do YOU all think? Do they know and this is some 'new tactic' to recover/handle or that they don't even KNOW it due to the-group-that-has-the-best-tr's-and-comm skills-on-the-planet HAS NO IDEA! :D

You've given enough detail in this thread that if they didn't know before, they know now, assuming that people working for OSA monitor this site.

All they have to do is put a query out to Wichita, Mission as to who might have run into old Scns while shopping in the last week. Which is why it's such a good idea to never be too specific while you're not officially "out".

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious
Hey all:

Are you just freeloaders and not declared? I would have confronted her and told her what status you are in and asked if that was okay.

Most likely if you go in there will be attempts to handle freeloader bill or donations.

Of course I consider this in the same area of Vampires. Best not to invite them in or accept an invitation. :nono:

Wisened One

Crusader
You've given enough detail in this thread that if they didn't know before, they know now, assuming that people working for OSA monitor this site.

All they have to do is put a query out to Wichita, Mission as to who might have run into old Scns while shopping in the last week. Which is why it's such a good idea to never be too specific while you're not officially "out".

I agree and thanks for the concern, Enthetan.

But hubby and I ARE 'out' :D

Got my name in my Profile and my pic as my avatar and my location in my location, an' everythin'....:shrug:

Maybe THIS will speed up our Declare! :yes: :happydance:

Michelle

Last edited:

Wisened One

Crusader
Are you just freeloaders and not declared? I would have confronted her and told her what status you are in and asked if that was okay.

Most likely if you go in there will be attempts to handle freeloader bill or donations.

Of course I consider this in the same area of Vampires. Best not to invite them in or accept an invitation. :nono:

We don't know. But probably that's what THEY see us as (still) Freeloaders (and from another Org, btw).

But hubby almost told them that we're a couple huge SP's especially on the Net and all, but he didn't tell them and they walked away.

Most likely if we go in there, it'll be to sell us the Basics at the very least...

Like I said...Idk if I wanna bother going in there, yet...at the same time, it'd be kinda cool to see them again...but I can just SEE the expression on their faces when they start to shmooze and get in arc with us and then we start just as sweetly telling them our status....:p

Probably the best way to handle it is by calling first and letting them know and then asking if we could still attend (which they being so confident they can 'handle' would prob still say 'sure!'). :eyeroll:

I'll update ya....I'd much rather go see the new Twilight movie tonight instead! :thumbsup:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
They may not know. A few months after getting my repayment from AOLA (in which they posted it as income), I was called by the reg asking when I was coming in to do the OT Levels.

To me, it seems the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Go if you really feel comfortable (OK) to go. Don't if you think you'll feel uncomfortable.

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
My viewpoint and advice, FWIW...

They may not know. A few months after getting my repayment from AOLA (in which they posted it as income), I was called by the reg asking when I was coming in to do the OT Levels.

Go if you really feel comfortable (OK) to go. Don't if you think you'll feel uncomfortable.

I agree with Kathy's post above.:yes:

My suggestion and advice is that there is nothing to be gained from any association with Scientology or scientologists. Period.

Love,

Mike

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Since you're not declared they technically can speak to you. So I'm guessing that they do know your current status. You should go if you WANT to go.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I agree with Kathy's post above.:yes:

My suggestion and advice is that there is nothing to be gained from any association with Scientology or scientologists. Period.

Love,

Mike

I agree with you, too, Mike.

Nothing to be gained.

Maybe if one wants a good laugh or a good cry, maybe going could be entertaining or a relief. LOL!!!

Wisened One

Crusader
Yeah, there is really no use for us to go. But ya never know...if we can plant some seeds....

But, I don't really feel like going except only to see the people we liked (and still do).

I have NO desire to be around brainwashed people convinced they're trying to de-pts or save you, etc...

The new Twilight movie is beckoning me moar....:drool: So...it WINS! :D

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, there is really no use for us to go. But ya never know...if we can plant some seeds....

But, I don't really feel like going except only to see the people we liked (and still do).

I have NO desire to be around brainwashed people convinced they're trying to de-pts or save you, etc...

Planting seeds is a tricky business with Scn followers. You become the bad guy. And I think it's better to be the "good guy" that it's safe to go to when they do have a realization/bognition/or a :duh: moment.

Kind of how Finally Free dealt with her sister. Let her know she was a safe person to talk to if she chose to talk and look and listen and read another viewpoint.

Out-Ethics

Patron Meritorious

This depends on whether this might jeopardize you in any way. The Co$ may be crumbling but they still have potent fangs. If there is nothing to lose and you want to :shock: them then enjoy.

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
WO, I haven't checked other posts, but I know Abraham would say don't take any action that isn't inspired. What you do isn't important, it's whether you are aligned with what you are doing. If you're inspired to go, you don't have to question it, just go! :happydance:

If you go, please report in. :D

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron

You pretty much cover it right there.
A family member of mine outright told me they don't give out Goldenrod at all anymore. Not even on org bulletin boards.

Now you have to contact IJC to see if you're declared.:whistling:

Mockingbird6

Patron with Honors
Carrying the enemy line

I was talking to my spouse about this subject the other day, about someone we know who may be under the microscope this very moment, and whether this person would hesitate to talk to others because they might think he is being declared and wouldn't want to associate with him.

IMO, to tell someone, "I am declared," is carrying the enemy line. If they care to use those words, that's their problem. If I meet a friend at the store I am never going to wonder if I should talk to him. If someone says, "Aren't you declared?" I would say, "Really?" and change the subject because it is of no importance to me whether I am allowed to talk to them or not. I don't know if I am making this very understandable, but it is a matter of switching viewpoint: it's not "I am excluded from their party," but rather, "They can't get out of their fishbowl." Does that make sense?

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was talking to my spouse about this subject the other day, about someone we know who may be under the microscope this very moment, and whether this person would hesitate to talk to others because they might think he is being declared and wouldn't want to associate with him.

IMO, to tell someone, "I am declared," is carrying the enemy line. If they care to use those words, that's their problem. If I meet a friend at the store I am never going to wonder if I should talk to him. If someone says, "Aren't you declared?" I would say, "Really?" and change the subject because it is of no importance to me whether I am allowed to talk to them or not. I don't know if I am making this very understandable, but it is a matter of switching viewpoint: it's not "I am excluded from their party," but rather, "They can't get out of their fishbowl." Does that make sense?

I get it.

On facebook, when my daughter's friends send me a "friend invite" I check with my daughter to make sure they know I'm declared before I accept their invite. I'm OK with being their friend, but I want them to be making their choice about whether they are "following the rules". I could care less about the "rules". But I don't want another to suffer the wrath of the CofS.

My daughter just became friends with my old girlfriend's ex-husband. I'm wondering if he'll send me a "friend invite". And if he does, and if he asks if I'm declared, my response will be "I was never sent my declare notice". Which is the truth. And he's so into breaking rules, I'm sure he wouldn't care. LOL!!!