What's new

Bob Minton, Mike Rinder, Marty Rathbun...

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I couldn't care less about their 'amends', or, for that matter, their spiritual/karmic burden or salvation. What I care about is their proactive *support* for the ongoing abuses of Scientology in running interference and denying past and current criminality.

It's one thing to just leave. Another to leave, go public and *lie*.

Zinj
They are Homo Novis, and not bound by the laws which bind the likes of me and thee. Except for the effects of Karma, which sees no differences between one and the next. Maybe it won't be quite as bad if they fess up, but I don't think karma goes in for negotiation and out of court settlements.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
But they aren't perpetrating an ongoing support for the abuses of Scn, Zinj, and, point of fact, on another thread very recently, you did, in fact, query whether or not they are taking responsibility for what they did in the past, which does, in fact, tie very neatly to the afore-mentioned "Karmic Burden".

Gotcha!

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
But they aren't perpetrating an ongoing support for the abuses of Scn, Zinj, and, point of fact, on another thread very recently, you did, in fact, query whether or not they are taking responsibility for what they did in the past, which does, in fact, tie very neatly to the afore-mentioned "Karmic Burden".

Gotcha!

You're wrong. Marty is quite actively supporting the criminality of the 'Church'; past and present, by denying it. Publicly. Publicly lying. You might have a point if he had merely slunk away and found a rock to hide under. That's not what he's doing.

For me at least it's *not* about them 'taking responsibility' for their past actions, it's about telling the truth about them. Because to do so would *end* the ongoing crime.

Instead we get weasely public statements and claims that the FBI congratulated him on not 'taking the bait' when they tried to 'frame' him.

Zinj

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
At least you agree that he's lying. And *that* is the support Marty Rathbun is giving the 'Church'.

Zinj

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I've already said I'm critical of him. Which things he's lying about, I don't know. I strongly believe he compartmentalizes and justifies a great deal and that this would greatly get in the way of taking responsibility and/or telling the truth and giving accurate renditions of such events. But I like to think that maybe he's been truthful about some things. I don't know that this is the case- it's just a hope.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hi! This is Valerie Stansfield. I remember well that meeting where Don Larson showed up. He actually did not ever get into my house. They insisted but I would not let them. Nor did they ever get the folders I had stored there. When I asked Don WHY he attacked me the way I did he said, exact quote, "Because you had a nice house!" They did call in every scientologist who was on my lines in any way and told them to to choose between me and scientology. I kept about half my people. Val

Hey Val,

Welcome to ESMB. I'd love to see some of your stories here. Bet you've got a lot. :)

This pic was taken at an SP get-together at your house on July 4, 2004.

All the best,
Paul

Attachments

• paul_adams.jpg
    paul_adams.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 33

Terril park

Sponsor
Hi! This is Valerie Stansfield. I remember well that meeting where Don Larson showed up. He actually did not ever get into my house. They insisted but I would not let them. Nor did they ever get the folders I had stored there. When I asked Don WHY he attacked me the way I did he said, exact quote, "Because you had a nice house!" They did call in every scientologist who was on my lines in any way and told them to to choose between me and scientology. I kept about half my people. Val

Hey Val, lovely to see you here. :)

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I spoke to Mark Bunker recently and he said Bob Minton & Stacy are doing well.

Mystic

Crusader
I recently (within last month) read Arnie Lerma's dissertation on Bob Minton and the whole buggerd-up affair. Arnie did an in-depth job of it. No, I don't have the link, but you can find it at lermanet.com

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
I couldn't care less about their 'amends', or, for that matter, their spiritual/karmic burden or salvation. What I care about is their proactive *support* for the ongoing abuses of Scientology in running interference and denying past and current criminality.

It's one thing to just leave. Another to leave, go public and *lie*.

Zinj

Zinji...I absolutely agree with you. These guys will need several lifetimes to clean up the damage they did. And until they say something that leads DM to jail, they are still accomplices in my book.

Diana

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors
Zinji...I absolutely agree with you. These guys will need several lifetimes to clean up the damage they did. And until they say something that leads DM to jail, they are still accomplices in my book.

Diana

They will always be accomplises for the crimes and injustices they committed or aided or did nothing to prevent.
If they cop a plea/turn state's evidence and help put the dwarf away in a cell with Bubba, the best we could then potentially call them is "recovered accomplises".
Perhaps then the leniancy of the courts might be to put them in a shared cell together.
The next obvious question is:

Who's gonna be the husband??

Who's gonna be the wife??

Last edited: