What's new

Rinder finally giving another interview?

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
Okay, so the other day Mahty Ratbun mentioned his big trip to the UK, he's just so proud of hisself. He's also been making a big deal of screaming to the heavens about how he's not "up to anything" and its all about making the tech oh who knows wtf and who really cares for that matter.

Anyway, I notice today he has a post up about his UK trip. He's taking a little trip down memory lane it would appear. He's posts pictures of CoS orgs and comments how devoid of life they are.

He then posts a new picture of himself and Rinder in front of the London Day Org.
imgp1072q.th.jpg

Big Photo here: http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/9717/mmlondonfinkconfp.jpg

Notice anything in that picture? (look close)
Okay, first would "He of pay what you feel auditing" Rathbun and "Car Sales" Rinder be trotting around the UK just to go take a tour of old CoS haunts? No.
Look at Rinder's lapel in the picture - he's miked up. That little black clip is a microphone, used when your working with a subject on the move. Usually hooked up to a little box clipped to the back of your belt. It also indicates whoever is doing the interview is with a decent production outfit, those mics aren't cheap. (I've taken the picture and zoomed in, but its not of good resolution, however I'm almost positive that its a mic)

So the question who is Rinder letting interview/record him? No big leap that Marty is also doing an interview. However, at least Mike is dressed for an interview (even without the tie) while Rathbun looks exceedingly casual and ready for a hiking trip.

Esp. interesting they are doing it in front of CoS locations in the UK. Anyone got some media contacts in the UK to check with? Any other critics know of a UK based investigative report on the cult in current production?

Just found this interesting and had not seen anyone comment on the fact. I know the WWP are sick of shit about Mahty so I figured better to post it here. I've wondered how long it would take for Rinder to finally open his trap again. Hope it was worth the wait, but I'm not holding my breath.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
assholes

Mike and Marty are considered by many to be assholes extrordinaire, and maybe that is true. But, the point is, they can do a lot of damage to an even bigger asshole, DM. It doesn't matter if Rinder tries to justify what he did or not take responsibility as long as he spills the beans bigtime.

Pete

BunnySkull

I can't answer any of these questions, Bunny, but :welcome: to ESMB. :)
Thanks!

Mike and Marty are considered by many to be assholes extrordinaire, and maybe that is true. But, the point is, they can do a lot of damage to an even bigger asshole, DM. It doesn't matter if Rinder tries to justify what he did or not take responsibility as long as he spills the beans bigtime. Pete

I'm not giving my opinion on them, I just want hear more about their experiences on the inside and what they know. Obviously, they are capable of major damage to the cult. How far they are willing to stick their own necks out to do the right thing is the question. (So far Rinder has been a turtle in that respect)
Rinder, in particular, has been very coy and quiet and I would very much like to hear more from him. Some may even says it's his duty, since he spent so many year perpetuating the cult's lies its now time to start dedicating some effort to the truth. Rinder's motives don't concern me as much as what he has to say. (Though I never discount motives either)

Miss Penguin

Patron with Honors
Welcome Bunny. If Rinder is doing an interview I'm sure it will be out soon anyways. Why would you want to go through the trouble of tracking down media contacts in the UK just to find out? I can't even stay on top of all the bad media that the cult is getting as it is.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
However, at least Mike is dressed for an interview (even without the tie) while Rathbun looks exceedingly casual and ready for a hiking trip.

From his other recent photos, Rathbun's appearance is equivalent to a nice suit and tie for others. He's both shaved and combed and slicked down his hair. Not really joking here. Maybe they both associate a suit and tie with their former positions and want to differentiate here. As in, pix with suit and tie = CofS, and pix without = in the afterlife.

Paul

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I bet the staff inside were pissing themselves when they say those two evil ones outside.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I bet the staff inside were pissing themselves when they say those two evil ones outside.

Truly. The guys at the door must be relatively new.

I'd be shitting my drawers if I saw Mike Rinder standing outside the org regardless whether he was out or not.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
It also indicates whoever is doing the interview is with a decent production outfit, those mics aren't cheap. (I've taken the picture and zoomed in, but its not of good resolution, however I'm almost positive that its a mic)

You mean this?

MikeyR01.png

I noticed that Mikey had gone along with Marty for the UK tour earlier, but, thanks for pointing out the mike.

Now, Mkey was in NYC before.

What are the new Bobsey Twins of Scientology 'reformation' up to?

Magic 8 Ball of Scieno Skullduggery says more than shopping at Harrads.

And, who's financing the trip? Dunno

And, how is Mikey, who's been on a Scientology Minister's visa (or, did he ever get some kind of independent resident status?) planning on getting back into the US?

Will Mikey be granting an interview to someone? Will he be spilling any 'beans'?

Magic 8 Ball says 'Don't save your appetite'

Zinj

Zinjifar

From his other recent photos, Rathbun's appearance is equivalent to a nice suit and tie for others. He's both shaved and combed and slicked down his hair. Not really joking here. Maybe they both associate a suit and tie with their former positions and want to differentiate here. As in, pix with suit and tie = CofS, and pix without = in the afterlife.

Paul

What's the UK equivalent of punting around in a dingy with a dog?

Will they be rowing on the Thames?
The Oxford Conundrum Analysis says 'splash'

Zinj

Div6

Crusader
Well, as exsomessenger will tell you, the purpose of an obs (observation) mission is to investigate and report on the causes of an upstatistic, or a down one. It appears that this part of the report is on the "down" statistic side of things. I expect there may be another soon on the "up" statistic side of things.

As for the interview, I don't know. But any speculation should take in to account the fact that libel laws are way more strict in the UK than in the US
(recall South Park's "I'll sue you in the UK" comment at the end of the 'Trapped in the Closet' episode) so if it is media, it will be under those strictures. Also, since Tommy Davis and his wife are also over in the UK, also in London, it would seem that they would be there to counterfoil the M&M show.

If it were me, I'd call John Sweeney at the BBC, and see what he is up to these days. I think he would truly enjoy giving Mike Rinder a platform to comment upon his earlier involvement with his BBC show.

But I have no personal knowledge of that either way.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
You mean this?
I noticed that Mikey had gone along with Marty for the UK tour earlier, but, thanks for pointing out the mike.Now, Mkey was in NYC before.What are the new Bobsey Twins of Scientology 'reformation' up to?Magic 8 Ball of Scieno Skullduggery says more than shopping at Harrads.And, who's financing the trip? DunnoAnd, how is Mikey, who's been on a Scientology Minister's visa (or, did he ever get some kind of independent resident status?) planning on getting back into the US?Will Mikey be granting an interview to someone? Will he be spilling any 'beans'?Magic 8 Ball says 'Don't save your appetite'Zinj

My Magic 8 Ball has an expired silver cert but I asked it anyways:

Will Mike & Marty's Maiden Voyage Reg Tour for the Independent Bridge help to keep people movin on up up a little higher to OT?

360844-magic_8_ball.jpg

outtech

Patron with Honors
Hopefully he's being interviewed by John Sweeney from the BBC. That would be full circle and nicely ironic.

OHTEEATE

hmmmm....

Well, as exsomessenger will tell you, the purpose of an obs (observation) mission is to investigate and report on the causes of an upstatistic, or a down one. It appears that this part of the report is on the "down" statistic side of things. I expect there may be another soon on the "up" statistic side of things.

As for the interview, I don't know. But any speculation should take in to account the fact that libel laws are way more strict in the UK than in the US
(recall South Park's "I'll sue you in the UK" comment at the end of the 'Trapped in the Closet' episode) so if it is media, it will be under those strictures. Also, since Tommy Davis and his wife are also over in the UK, also in London, it would seem that they would be there to counterfoil the M&M show.

If it were me, I'd call John Sweeney at the BBC, and see what he is up to these days. I think he would truly enjoy giving Mike Rinder a platform to comment upon his earlier involvement with his BBC show.

But I have no personal knowledge of that either way.

:eyeroll::whistling:

Zinjifar

Do you suppose John Sweeney would be so thrilled to talk to Mikey that he would forgo asking questions beyond how slap-happy David Miscavige is?

Personally, I'd rather see the Mike and Marty Show under oath than just spinning.

But, maybe that's just me :)

(Not that I think either is averse to perjury)

Zinj

Div6

Crusader
Do you suppose John Sweeney would be so thrilled to talk to Mikey that he would forgo asking questions beyond how slap-happy David Miscavige is?

Personally, I'd rather see the Mike and Marty Show under oath than just spinning.

Zinj

Actually, I don't. And since Marty already weighed in to an Oz journalist on the Blizzard of Oz, I would fully expect whomever was doing the UK interview to be extremely interested in those fresh allegations.

Yes Zinj, you do hava a penchant for the hangman. Or as the Red Queen said in Alice in Wonderland "Sentence first, trial later." :D

Zinjifar

Actually, I don't. And since Marty already weighed in to an Oz journalist on the Blizzard of Oz

Do you remember what it is he said exactly?

I do. I also remember what he posted on his 'blog' prior to doing 'catchup' :)

Zinj

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors

Zinj

Amen

skollie

And, how is Mikey, who's been on a Scientology Minister's visa (or, did he ever get some kind of independent resident status?) planning on getting back into the US?

My guess is that he would probably have gotten permanent residence or citizenship after all these years.