What's new

Marty Rathbun

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Mr. Nobody, sure. I think we're all flying by the seats of our pants. But re ANYBODY- nobody's always gonna get it right and even people who are normally pretty haywire aren't always gonna be wrong, either. So we'll all muddle through togetha.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
coupla points:

Uranium 238 is completely natural and not a byproduct of fission but, also not fissionable. U 235 is also natural, but far rarer and is fissionable. Which is why it's used in bombs and reactors, but, it's not a byproduct of either. U 238, which makes up almost all the Uranium occurring naturally can be made into Plutonium by being exposed to the neutron radiation of a working fission pile and, plutonium is fissionable.

None of this has anything to do with evidence of previous nuclear 'events' on Earth.

And, while Marty was important to the 'Truth Rundown' it remains to be seen how instrumental he was in originating the series and, how much of his participation was a deliberate marketing strategy to manipulate the series to talk about what *he* wanted to talk about (or, considered less damaging to his own purposes than any kind of 'broader' investigative report)

Zinj

Zinjifar

Mr. Nobody, sure. I think we're all flying by the seats of our pants. But re ANYBODY- nobody's always gonna get it right and even people who are normally pretty haywire aren't always gonna be wrong, either. So we'll all muddle through togetha.

All muddles are not created equal.

Zinj

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Yep, that "series" did hurt the cult.......but who instigated it and saw it through? And, to what degree did it hurt the cult, and which "market" did it have an effect on?

I'm thankful for the St Pete's times articles, but I don't give the credit for them to Marty.

"Which "market" did it have an effect on?" That's a good question. My guess would be that now that the cult has kicked Marty out, and him being "too good" for a "real" job , he sees his only chance in trying to reap some of the stuff his former "master" seeded. But that's just my opinion .

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Mr. Nobody, sure. I think we're all flying by the seats of our pants.

Oohh, the seats of my pants fascinates you? Well, then jus' send me PICs and I'll let you know if I'm interested, OK? :p

But re ANYBODY- nobody's always gonna get it right and even people who are normally pretty haywire aren't always gonna be wrong, either. So we'll all muddle through togetha.

Nobody is aways right (no pun intended), and nobody is always wrong (no pun intended either). Do you really want to pretend that you don't know that I know that? Now that's disappointing.

However, the only thing I wanted to say in the posting in question, was: The ability of someone to take some hard knocks for his/her opinion doesn't prove the point in question in any way. It of course doesn't disprove it either, if this minor detail gives you any satisfaction.:coolwink:.

Nobody, always willing to please. :)

Last edited:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can’t believe that this thread has gone over 300 posts and you are all ignoring the most important part.

Me!

There is a very good reason that Marty Rathbun wanted to meet with me. Clearly he considers me to be the leading critic of Scientology (sorry Alanzo :p ). He didn’t come over to chilly London from Texas for a bit of Xmas shopping you know!

Therefore, in view of this, I ask, no, demand that all future posts on this thread be about me.

That is all.

Carry on. :carryon:

Ax

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Ax is an amazing man. I just get goosebumps whenever he's on the forum. I just...well, I can't say, I'm too much of a lady. Ax's posts are always true. Ax is a gentleman, a scholar and a genius. Ax is...

too much for words!!!

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Oohh, the seats of my pants fascinates you? Well, then jus' send me PICs and I'll let you know if I'm interested, OK? :p:

Oh my!

Nobody is aways right (no pun intended), and nobody is always wrong (no pun intended either). Do you really want to pretend that you don't know that I know that? Now that's disappointing.

I have my reputation as a genius for stating the obvious to uphold. :coolwink:

However, the only thing I wanted to say in the posting in question, was: The ability of someone to take some hard knocks for his/her opinion doesn't prove the point in question in any way. It of course doesn't disprove it either, if this minor detail gives you any satisfaction.:coolwink:.

True. The ability of someone to take hard knocks only shows the ability of someone to take hard knocks.

Although I do like to extrapolate that maybe other life lessons were learned.

Terril park

Sponsor
I can’t believe that this thread has gone over 300 posts and you are all ignoring the most important part.

Me!

There is a very good reason that Marty Rathbun wanted to meet with me. Clearly he considers me to be the leading critic of Scientology (sorry Alanzo :p ). He didn’t come over to chilly London from Texas for a bit of Xmas shopping you know!

Therefore, in view of this, I ask, no, demand that all future posts on this thread be about me.

That is all.

Carry on. :carryon:

Ax

Well we know he also came here for the beer. :)

Ax is totally correct here. Marty was so upset at losing one of Ax's mails that he even had resort to asking me to restore contact. I kid you not.

So:- Marty-----Ax

That the evil Axis? The good Axis?

The Ax axis?

Only Ax has access to the truth!

Terril park

Sponsor
coupla points:

Uranium 238 is completely natural and not a byproduct of fission but, also not fissionable. U 235 is also natural, but far rarer and is fissionable. Which is why it's used in bombs and reactors, but, it's not a byproduct of either. U 238, which makes up almost all the Uranium occurring naturally can be made into Plutonium by being exposed to the neutron radiation of a working fission pile and, plutonium is fissionable.

None of this has anything to do with evidence of previous nuclear 'events' on Earth.

And, while Marty was important to the 'Truth Rundown' it remains to be seen how instrumental he was in originating the series and, how much of his participation was a deliberate marketing strategy to manipulate the series to talk about what *he* wanted to talk about (or, considered less damaging to his own purposes than any kind of 'broader' investigative report)

Zinj

Unlike some I don't have a degree in nuclear physics. Perhaps you may elucidate whether the CBRs comments on a radioactive earth 75,000,000
is compatible with hard nuclear science?

Terril park

Sponsor
Yep, that "series" did hurt the cult.......but who instigated it and saw it through? And, to what degree did it hurt the cult, and which "market" did it have an effect on?

I'm thankful for the St Pete's times articles, but I don't give the credit for them to Marty.

Seems pretty clear Marty was the chief instigator here.

Geir Isene on the 16th dec:-

"Since August 7 I have talked to about 500 people about Scientology and me leaving. Some 200 of these were Scientologists still in the church. Of these about 40% have themselves brought up Marty's appearance in the SP Times or his blog as an important shaker for them."

Thus one might conclude that roughly 40% of COS members have been shaken by Marty. Note that the SP times data has been quoted far and wide.

Statisticly I may be a bit skewed here because maybe not everyone is also impressed by an OT VIII ambassador very publically leaving and willing to speak to him.

Several people have been coming onto FZ lines because of Marty's and Geirs actions. Marty can no longer handle all the people coming to him telling their troubles and so on. He's asked me for others who can help, and possibly still dosn't trust me much. I expect that will change and may have already.

I now mostly reach people new to scientology. Used to be most were long time scientologists completely happy to find an alternative.

Marty is reaching those oldish timers who consider the likes of me and the FZ as " Squirrels" and dangerous. And oh! Yes I am. :)

Mostly my previous efforts at bringing reconciliation and cessation of hostilities has been among freezoners.

Again I suggest you talk to Marty and see what common interests you have, and how you can help each others goals. Or not.

As a side note you seem to be in denial of much of the facts above re the effects Marty has had in getting people out of COS.

Forget who said this, and reflect on what worth it may have:-

" When in doubt, communicate."

Love you, like just about all here. :)

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Well he was first to come out of the closet. :) Don't think the rest would
have done so also but for Marty.

The first one? Please explain, because in my opinion there were many who came out before him. There even were many who came out before Tory. So Marty was the first of what? He came out big in TV, lately, and he discovered how useful blogging can be. Good for him and his agenda, but was he the first? Please allow me to express my doubts.

Terril park

Sponsor
The first one? Please explain, because in my opinion there were many who came out before him. There even were many who came out before Tory. So Marty was the first of what? He came out big in TV, lately, and he discovered how useful blogging can be. Good for him and his agenda, but was he the first? Please allow me to express my doubts.

Such can be the ambiguity of the cyber world. Or the imprecision
of its denizens.

I meant re the SP times.

Trollbait

Terril,

A few posts ago you said that Jim Logan was "theta." I'd like to know how you feel about his post to Alanzo?

This is from failmeansfail's thread-Marty Rathbun & Co.....
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Moving on.

Alanzo posted the following comment on Marty's blog:

"In 2001 and 2002, one of your juniors repeatedly called my 82 year old father and told him that his son was a criminal. This confused him and caused him much anguish in the months before he died.

OSA also called other members of my family and tried to get them to disconnect from me.

It sucks, doesn’t it, Mike?"

Admittedly, Alanzo was being confrontational - but I kind of think he earned the right to be, don't you? His FATHER? Any sane human being would realize that Mike was going to just have to TAKE HIS LUMPS! You messed with the guy's dad! Suck it up and take it on the chin!

Here is the response posted by Jim Logan:

"Alanzo,
I hope that you can get this out of your system, and move on. Maybe your ‘non-dualism’ needs more practice to view different views. This victim, motivator flow must be awful stretched by now.

My 80 year old father spoke to Marc Yaeger and listned to his gibberish. He told him, ‘bring it on, kid’. Never heard from Marc again."

Sweet Jesus."
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How you can call someone who would write such a post "theta" is beyond me.

I really question your motives regarding this whole Marty thing.

In the past I usually found you to be a true gentleman in the way you posted. I guess I'm confused right now.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Such can be the ambiguity of the cyber world. Or the imprecision
of its denizens.

I meant re the SP times.

Ugh, maybe I'm just too stupid or something ... Do you mean he was the first one who ever got mentioned in a newspaper? Nope, you probably don't mean that, I'm pretty sure you know that there were many before him ... was he the first one, who ever raised an scn-related media stink? Newsflash, he wasn't, not even in the SP Times, AFAIK. So my question remains: What was he the first one with?

Zinjifar

I now mostly reach people new to scientology.

And get them *in* to Scientology?

Sorry Terril, I find this about as credible as OTIII

Yes, I know Terril, it's a matter of faith in the FZ/Indy field that 'new people' are getting in, but, I have never seen any evidence for it. Possibly it has happened to some larger extent in places like Eastern Europe/Russia, but, since the only evidence for it is FZ reports, I'm a lot less than sold and if anything, I've only seen evidence that there is *no* raw meat recruitment anywhere else.

Some few? Yes; it can happen.

Zinj

Terril park

Sponsor
Terril,

A few posts ago you said that Jim Logan was "theta." I'd like to know how you feel about his post to Alanzo?

This is from failmeansfail's thread-Marty Rathbun & Co.....
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Moving on.

Alanzo posted the following comment on Marty's blog:

"In 2001 and 2002, one of your juniors repeatedly called my 82 year old father and told him that his son was a criminal. This confused him and caused him much anguish in the months before he died.

OSA also called other members of my family and tried to get them to disconnect from me.

It sucks, doesn’t it, Mike?"

Admittedly, Alanzo was being confrontational - but I kind of think he earned the right to be, don't you? His FATHER? Any sane human being would realize that Mike was going to just have to TAKE HIS LUMPS! You messed with the guy's dad! Suck it up and take it on the chin!

Here is the response posted by Jim Logan:

"Alanzo,
I hope that you can get this out of your system, and move on. Maybe your ‘non-dualism’ needs more practice to view different views. This victim, motivator flow must be awful stretched by now.

My 80 year old father spoke to Marc Yaeger and listned to his gibberish. He told him, ‘bring it on, kid’. Never heard from Marc again."

Sweet Jesus."
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How you can call someone who would write such a post "theta" is beyond me.

I really question your motives regarding this whole Marty thing.

In the past I usually found you to be a true gentleman in the way you posted. I guess I'm confused right now.

All his posts on our FZforums have been very theta.

Here we have critics and , "hard -core" [ niether non predujicial or the opposite] scientologists who mix and meet, and wish we partied together. :)

I go with both Alanzo and Jim here. Jim is correct IMO in looking towards pan determinism and not being a victim.

How can I express this? Lets say live in gangland LA and not be a victim?
Good if you can pull it off.

Alanzo raises questions that should be answered.

Marty has said he is happy to do whatever he can to resolve any personal issues with anyone. We know he has done so with Jim.

I believe Alanzo was raising questions re Mike. He was Marty's junior,
for a time but don't know in full the relationship

I see it best that some of these issues are publically posted in full
by both sides.

Dunno if Alanzo replied to Jim anywhere. Can't be everywhere. Maybe Alanzo will comment. I'm sure he don't need me on this, but am available. :)

Its possible that Alanzo posted further and was censored. can be done here.