What's new

An as yet not-asked question (as far as I know)

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
A new question to ask a Spokesclam:

Q: Did L. Ron Hubbard ever issue any pronouncement in regards to circumcision?

A: Huh?

Q: I mean, Ron went so far as to tell Scientologists how to give birth, make baby formula and even wash windows. Most of the 'major religions', which Scientology seeks to become, have taken a position on circumcision. Did Ron ever tell Scientologists whether they should snip or slide?

A: I don't know.

Q: Well, do you know whom I could ask? Is it in an HCOB or HCOPL or maybe in a Flag Order or confidential 'Advice'?

A: I don't think Mr. Hubbard cared about foreskins

Q: Wow. It would seem to be a natural for him! To judge by his affirmations he spent quite a bit of his 'research' time staring at his. Are you saying he didn't notice it?

A: I don't know.

Q: Now really, what's that say about 'knowing how to know'????

Zinj

G

Gottabrain

foreskin...on my hand...

LOL!

:roflmao:

But as long as you brought up a completely off the wall subject out of boredom, I'll take you up on it and add to it.

Circumcision actually cuts quite a few nerves in a man's genital area. Some consider it genital mutilation. This cutting prevents proper lubrication. Circumcision is most common in America. It is not necessary for a man's health unless he only bathes once a week or so.

Now, who of you guys here are circumcised and who isn't? How do you feel about this? What would ELRON say if he were still alive?

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
foreskin...on my hand...

LOL!

:roflmao:

But as long as you brought up a completely off the wall subject out of boredom, I'll take you up on it and add to it.

Circumcision actually cuts quite a few nerves in a man's genital area. Some consider it genital mutilation. This cutting prevents proper lubrication. Circumcision is most common in America. It is not necessary for a man's health unless he only bathes once a week or so.

Now, who of you guys here are circumcised and who isn't? How do you feel about this? What would ELRON say if he were still alive?

I've been mutilated? Oh NO! I better get that audited out!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Wisened One

Crusader
Wow...never thought of that...but I don't think lrh had any policies...you'd've thought he WOULD tho!

And fwiw....I elected to NOT have my son circumcised...I just couldn't do that to him...he might regret that or not, idk..

Good twin

Floater
Okay I'll bite

Perhaps I should say I'll weigh in. For goodness sake Zinj. Aren't you already a walking encyclopedia of useless information about the cult of Scientology?

I have seen Scientologists struggle for the answer to this question through the years and no matter what they decide it's based on their own interpretation of "What would Ron do?"

If they opt to not circumsize it's because of the engram the child will be recieving during an already stressful period of his life. I mean with reorienting himself after the horrible loss of his last identity giving him such an engram could be really consequential.

If they opt to circumsize it's because we have the technology to handle it with just a short auditing session and as long as no words are spoken during the trauma the chances of a key in are slight.

By my own personal observation and survey most often the parents opt for the child to have the same style penis as the baby's father.

Jus' sayin'

Moonchild

Patron with Honors
Since the topic has been raised:

I believe it's quite possible for the operation to be performed under a local anaesthetic even in infancy; this would presumably disqualify any 'engramic' impact. In 2009 you'd think that would be the standard procedure wouldn't you?

Expanding slightly: it seems that cutting has arisen as an accepted/required practice in many cultures around the world. Apart from the obvious examples of the Judaic and Islamic cultures, I believe (without the benefit of extensive reasearch) that it's also found amongst certain Native American tribes, the Aborigines of Australia, certain of the ancient civilisations of South America and non-Islamic South Africa, possibly more besides.

Assuming (perhaps dangerously) that the practice pre-dates contact between these various cultures the question could be asked why have these seemingly non-overlapping societies adopted this common practice?

What I'm really driving at here, and this a question for the upper level Scientologists amongst us, is whether it occurs as part of an 'implant' or similar.

Just speculating...

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I do find it interesting though that the "circumcision engram" is never mentioned in DMSMH. I would think that would be significant enough to come up in session, though I suppose not as a chain. . . did anyone ever run their circumcision incident? Did it come up?

Good twin

Floater
I do find it interesting though that the "circumcision engram" is never mentioned in DMSMH. I would think that would be significant enough to come up in session, though I suppose not as a chain. . . did anyone ever run their circumcision incident? Did it come up?

yes

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron

It's an interesting point.

My guess, to answer Zinj's original question was that it's a pain-causing incident and thus to be avoided, but I never heard policy on it.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Here's something for you heathens to think about;

In the old testament, it was Commanded that Jewish babies be circumcised on the eighth day after birth. Modern science has determined that a blood coagulant is at its peak on this day, making it the optimum time for this procedure.

How do you atheists think they knew that? Trial and error?

Good twin

Floater

In the old testament, it was Commanded that Jewish babies be circumcised on the eighth day after birth. Modern science has determined that a blood coagulant is at its peak on this day, making it the optimum time for this procedure.

Of course a blood coagulant is at it's peak that day. After hundreds of years of circumcisions, evolution would naturallly dictate that. Not trial and error, Silly.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Of course a blood coagulant is at it's peak that day. After hundreds of years of circumcisions, evolution would naturallly dictate that. Not trial and error, Silly.

There wasn't hundreds of years of experiments. Why would they do that? It worked from operation one. Silly.

Moonchild

Patron with Honors

Actually, I think the answer to your question is 'yes'.

I wonder how Japanese chefs learned to prepare fugu-fish so it wouldn't poison whoever avidly shovelled it down their cabbage-hatch?

Why did fermented beverages such as beer and wine become so popular as preferred alternatives to water, given that the former tend not to cause cholera and typhoid whereas the latter often did even into the late 19th century in Europe.

'Divine Inspiration' is a possibility, I suppose, but I would think that observation of what actually happened if you did 'this' versus 'that' is more likely.

Speaking of matters 'Divine'...as you quite rightly point out, according to the Old Testament, circumcision was indeed a 'commandment from God' to Abraham as a cultural requirement for the 'Chosen People'.

Bearing in mind the likely perspective of Scientologists acquainted with the 'upper level' OT materials as regards 'God' and 'implants' I was prompted to wonder whether the practice may be referred-to in such materials as being 'implantish' in origin.

Do you get what I'm suggesting here?

Moonchild

Patron with Honors

If the evolutionary argument as you present it held water, maybe after 'hundreds of years' or by now, thousands, Jewish male babies would be born without foreskins in the first place?

As it happens, I believe in 'evolution', but I think it takes much longer for change to take place than is suggested here, and not necessarily by virtue of surgical alteration.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Actually, I think the answer to your question is 'yes'.

Do you indeed?

I wonder how Japanese chefs learned to prepare fugu-fish so it wouldn't poison whoever avidly shovelled it down their cabbage-hatch?

I would much easily believe trial and error on this than for slicing your sons foreskin off!

Why did fermented beverages such as beer and wine become so popular as preferred alternatives to water, given that the former tend not to cause cholera and typhoid whereas the latter often did even into the late 19th century in Europe.

Sure, avoiding sewage tainted water probably helped propagate alcohol consumption. 'All things work toward the good for those who love God and are called to his purpose'! hehe

'Divine Inspiration' is a possibility, I suppose, but I would think that observation of what actually happened if you did 'this' versus 'that' is more likely.

If this one fact; -eighth day circumcision- was the only remarkable scientific validation in the TORA, then it would still be unlikely to be random. When you couple it with all the various hygienic laws, you must conclude an advanced technology as the source.

It's not just the various dietary laws that condemned pork, shellfish, and other meats as being 'unclean' that are later proved to be very unhealthy by modern science, or the quarantine laws of the TORA that demonstrate an undeniable mastery of microbiology that compels me to believe. It's got to be the fact that some of the major prophecies of this book are coming true around us that really compels me. Like the main theme of the book of the Jews returning to Zion. I case you hadn't noticed, it happened for real in 1948.

The Scriptures then say that the generation that sees this happen will not pass away before all the prophecies come true.

You ready for real fun?

These other issues are just sidebars that support the whole.

Speaking of matters 'Divine'...as you quite rightly point out, according to the Old Testament, circumcision was indeed a 'commandment from God' to Abraham as a cultural requirement for the 'Chosen People'.

Bearing in mind the likely perspective of Scientologists acquainted with the 'upper level' OT materials as regards 'God' and 'implants' I was prompted to wonder whether the practice may be referred-to in such materials as being 'implantish' in origin.

Do you get what I'm suggesting here?

Laffy 'the Lips' Hubbard had a great way of circumcising you. He just kicked you where it hurt first.