What's new

RathbunMania. Is it just me or has the guy totally lost it?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Maybe it's a cunning ploy to lose his stupid remarks re Lise Whatserface. :)

Interesting. I noticed that as soon as there was a flappy-flap about Rathbun's ill-advised comments on "suicidal soaring" his Blogsite suddenly erupted with an uncharacteristic number of new articles that posted, one after another in rapid succession. I kept wondering if it was mere coincidence or, pehaps, a purposeful burying of his embarrassing footbulletry.

One thing that emerges from his inadvertent "eruptions" (e.g. his counter-strike vs Aussies) is that Rathbun has blind spots in his synthesized public personna that he hasn't figured out how to mask.

He just can't quite help from rendering his masterful opinions on subjects which he is wacky on.

I like it. I expect many more wonderfully entertaining moments where Marty's slippery mask slips off.....

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron

No, I'm asking for a screen cap of the Facebook hack - hence why I quoted the exact statement that said "his facebook was hacked too" and mentioned that not many of us where on "Marty's friend's list." Anyone can see his blog, only his friends can see his FB page. No one has posted a screen shot of the FB hack yet or summarized what it was.

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious
Interesting. I noticed that as soon as there was a flappy-flap about Rathbun's ill-advised comments on "suicidal soaring" his Blogsite suddenly erupted with an uncharacteristic number of new articles that posted, one after another in rapid succession. I kept wondering if it was mere coincidence or, pehaps, a purposeful burying of his embarrassing footbulletry.

One thing that emerges from his inadvertent "eruptions" (e.g. his counter-strike vs Aussies) is that Rathbun has blind spots in his synthesized public personna that he hasn't figured out how to mask.

He just can't quite help from rendering his masterful opinions on subjects which he is wacky on.

I like it. I expect many more wonderfully entertaining moments where Marty's slippery mask slips off.....

It is a rather convenient "hacking" that occurred. Nothing like granting himself plausible deniability for being an idiot.

Terril park

Sponsor
Hellova,
You quote this from below from Marty.

Note we had very similar comments from our own Bea Kiddo.

-----------
Confused about Clear for eternity
December 28, 2009 · 11 Comments

A number of people have come to see me to help sort out arduous, extended mind-games the church has played with them concerning the subject of Clear.It is quite remarkable that the church has had such success in confusing so many people about a subject that is simplicity itself.

DM instituted a number of arbitraries to make the attestation to the state of Clear an engramic episode. He created a pendulum swing whereby it became an increasingly complicated process to attest to Clear.

But, for the many staff and public who were caught up in never ending Clear invalidation at the hands of the church, and subject to non-stop propaganda about DM’s immaculate conception, it seemed their confusions about Clear would go on for eternity.

Two people who were directly invalidated by such Miscavige briefings have visited me, had their confusions about Clear sorted out, attested and quite happily moved on.

Another trick perpetrated by DM is to pester those who have already attested to Clear with doubts and never-ending interrogations about their states before allowing them onto OT Levels. It seems the EP of those sec checks is not to have someone certain about Clear, but instead to become “certain” that DM is Source.
Two people who were subjected to that type of treatment visited, were easily sorted out and are now solo auditing their OT levels.

DM has g0ne so far as to redirect public who have been on the OT Levels for some time back onto Dianetics auditing; a high crime of some magnitude. This is particularly suppressive when one considers LRH devised a simple C/S to handle terminatedly anyone who might have gotten onto the OT Levels absent certainty about his or her Clear state.

If five people thoroughly confused about their Clear states, all of whom sorted out next to instantaneously, could find their way to the middle of nowhere to get resolved – I fairly wonder just how many there are similarly situated within the C of Mestology.

There is no reason to be confused about Clear for eternity.

BunnySkull

It is a rather convenient "hacking" that occurred. Nothing like granting himself plausible deniability for being an idiot.

I'm thinking it was probably just a password crack - not hacking. If you have a simple PW it's not too difficult to crack it or if you have answered straight up security questions (like your mother's madien name, first school, etc.. basically info that can be researched and found) people can gain access to your account. You know OSA would know many intimate details of Marty's life and might be able to guess quite a few of his security questions - if he answered them honestly. I would hope Marty would have been more security conscience than this, but as many have pointed out his not exactly an internet sage. (Remember Sara Palin's yahoo email password was easily cracked last year. Hell, there's all kinds of free programs that assist you in doing it if you know where to look - its just a numbers statistic game.)

I think this has Scienotology written all over it. It's way too tame a defacement for b/tards or anons. If they had done it it would have been far more entertaining. Though I could see this as a Scieno/OSA's attempt to make it look like someone other than them by being a bit juvenile. However the "cross burners" statement has a very strong RFW vibe to it, no?

I"m also curious about the reference to Sweeny. If it is OSA they have just given up the big secret about who M&M were doing interviews with. You know OSA knows who they were working with and now maybe its finally been confirmed. If so, that's the best news to come out of the hack. Rinder doing an interview with Sweeny now that he's out would be fricking awesome.

HelluvaHoax!

Exactly.In the late 90's, when I was an MAA at Int, I was put on full-time guard watch over Bruce Bromley who had blown, was "recovered" but still wanted to leave the Sea Org. Bruce had been on tech lines for a long time and had even been Senior C/S Int for a while. He had always been on Tech lines.Anyway, Bruce was kept out at Happy Valley a.k.a. Int Ranch in a small house while he did his program. Marty was his auditor/sec checker.Marty came by several times a week to put Bruce on the cans to "salvage" him, but no amount of Sec Checking or "Tech" application would change Bruce's mind. In fact, the more Marty came by, the more Bruce wanted to leave, until the point where he tried blowing several times during Marty's handlings.One night, about an hour after a session with Marty, Bruce had had it and started walking off. Said he was done with the BS and just started walking. Several security guards physically "body routed" Bruce into a small shack and held him there, pinned up against a wall until Marty returned. Bruce was trying to push the guards off of him and was screaming for them to let him go.To make a long story short, Marty's application of the Tech on Bruce didn't handle Bruce. In fact, it made his situation worse. It inflamed him. This was even after Marty returned from the Freewinds with his "fresh application of pure LRH Tech study."Bruce ended up leaving the Sea Org anyway with a stiff middle finger.Just sayin'.

Excellent anecdote to refresh the memory of what a giving, noble humanitarian Rathbun is.

Wait, that was the old Rathbun, pre-enlightenment....

Now-a-days, Marty has mellowed into the quintessential "Thinking Man's Scientologist".

sh06.jpg

ORDER NOW! The Independent Bridge Pipe & Dream matching set can be purchased online at: http://www.PipeDreamProphet4PipeDreamProfit.com

Last edited:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Paul

How ridiculous!

Oh look, his site is back up and I don't see the Lise article any more. Hmmm. . . .

It was at http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2009/12/23/brisbane-independent-lise-okane/. Here's Google's cached copy of the text, just in case. :)

On December 3, 2009, Lise O’Kane of Brisbane, Australia officially
resigned from the Church of Scientology explaining, “I was
absolutely disgusted with what David Miscavige has done to our
precious technology. With Reverse Dianetics and Reverse Scientology
destroying so many lives worldwide, I realized some time ago the
source of that plague was David Miscavige himself.”

A Scientologist for more than 10 years, well respected and well
liked throughout Scientology down under, Lise is a highly-skilled
auditor and fully-interned Golden Age of Tech Class IV C/S who did
her tech internship at AOSH ANZO. For the last five years, she held
the posts of Tech Case Supervisor and Auditor in Brisbane org.

Lise O’Kane was also Ed McBride’s auditor. For those of you who
don’t know, Ed McBride was a soldier in the Australian army who was
soaring after having just completed his auditing program in
February 2007. Ed decided to take a day off and inexplicably was
found dead 24 hours later. No one knows what happened. While his
death was unrelated to his auditing, the Church’s irresponsible,
secretive and evasive responses, coupled with the horrendous
revelations of crush regging and human rights abuses worldwide
convinced many that the Church had something to hide.

Lise was deeply saddened at the Church’s attitude in regards to the
McBride’s tragic loss (and as yet unexplained death of their son
and brother) and how it was all about the protection of the Church
and no care for the individual.

When the Church received the news that Lise was going to resign,
they sent in people to handle her from leaving. Like many staff
they were being kept in the dark with no idea what was really going
on in the world. So Lise took the opportunity to enlighten them, by
handing them a copy of “What happened to training?” from Friends of LRH website.

Finally free from the Church’s suppressive control as dictated by
David Miscavige, Lise did what any normal human being would do, she
reached out to the Ed McBride’s family expressing her own sorrow
and condolences for their loss.

Lise is now an INDEPENDENT SCIENTOLOGIST. Visit
Scientology-cult.com to read her official resignation
from the Church of Scientology, written December 3, 2009, but just
posted today.

She can be reached at [email protected].

-----

And the cached comments:

54 responses so far ↓

SherryMK // December 23, 2009 at 3:18 am | Reply

Welcome Lise! You are one heck of a fireball!!! I LOVE it! Thanks for standing up and saying NO, I will NOT be silent any longer. Thanks for having the courage to say what you observed and to tell it like you saw it. Thanks for having the guts to come out publically, making it safer for others to do so…great to have you here. Love, Sherry

Lise // December 24, 2009 at 1:27 am | Reply

Hi Sherry, Thanks. Proud to be accepted as part of the group. Have a great xmas. Love Lise

Dagny // December 23, 2009 at 3:24 am | Reply

Dear Lise,

You have my deepest respect and admiration.

Thank you for saying “NO”

Jim Logan // December 23, 2009 at 4:52 am | Reply

Lise,
Though I would have the circumstances different, I’m still very pleased to meet you and with all the truth you bring to the mix, this is an even better Christmas than it was shaping up to be.

Lise // December 24, 2009 at 1:28 am | Reply

Certainly made my Xmas glad its improved yours as well. Have a good one Love Lise

Alex // December 23, 2009 at 5:02 am | Reply

Awesome Lise!!

It is great seeing upstat people like you telling it like it is!

ML,
Alex

Irene // December 23, 2009 at 5:16 am | Reply

Hi Lise,

that is quite a story.

His auditing was fine, and I believe you.

There is a young and healthy guy who does well in auditing, and then he “kills himself” just like that? Makes no sense.

C of S tried to milk him but was he that kind of guy who would rather kill himself than unplugging the phone?

Nobody knows what happened but do you have a suspicion?

Irene

Lise // December 23, 2009 at 11:24 pm | Reply

Hi Irene, Yes I do have my own thoughts on what happened however as the case is not closed I cannot comment. Thank you for believing me Irene and hopefully I can answer your questions in the future. Have a wonderful Xmas

tamphex // December 23, 2009 at 5:43 am | Reply

Congratulations for seeing the Organization of Scientology for what it truly is; criminal and cowardly. I would be very interested in corresponding with you Lise, please contact me at the earliest convenience.

Lise // December 24, 2009 at 1:30 am | Reply

my email address is there for you

Pirate // December 23, 2009 at 7:28 am | Reply

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie…… Oi, Oi, Oi……

TRUTH // December 23, 2009 at 7:51 am | Reply

Wow! What a power house you are Lise!

Thank you for standing up and speaking up the truth.

Tom // December 23, 2009 at 9:08 am | Reply

Wow.

Here is what IS known about the death of Edward McBride:
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-before-110000volt-suicide-20091027-hih7.html

“Between the completion of his auditing course on February 5 and his death two days later, Church of Scientology members called and texted Mr McBride 19 times.

The contents of the calls and SMS messages is not fully known, after data including voicemail messages left on his PDA were irretrievably lost when the device’s battery went dead.

But police had listened to them, and told the inquest they included “forceful” demands for Mr McBride to urgently attend the church to complete his spiritual training, as well as a warning US-based Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard “would not approve”.

“You are putting another person’s job at risk through your actions,” was one account.

“It is not kosher for you to be out of contact with me. You really should come in for an audit.”

And: “This is not good enough. You need to call me. You are going to get me into a lot of trouble. You need to come in now, we need to get this sorted out.”"

More at the link above.

I for one would like a full accounting (per KSW #1) of WHAT DID occur? What WAS run?
Was he in fact red tagged?

And why were his folders removed from the country?

Honesty is the road to sanity.
Welcome Lise. I hope you can shed some light on this.

Lise // December 23, 2009 at 11:22 pm | Reply

just remember the press has twisted things. The case is not closed so I cannot comment at this stage

Jackson // December 24, 2009 at 7:22 pm | Reply

Tom,
Have you read the coroner’s report? It’s here:
http://www.courts.qld.gov.au/McBride_Findings_Final.pdf

Axiom142 // December 23, 2009 at 9:24 am | Reply

Thank you Lise for having the courage to stand up and be counted. It must have been very difficult to make this decision, knowing that many of your friends might shun you and that your church would try and smear your character.

But everyone who stands up and says “Enough!” makes it easier for everyone else. And hopefully your example will prompt others to start looking at what is really happening in the CoS.

It would be great to hear about what life is like being staff in an org on the front lines. We’ve heard that many of the Aussie public have left and that most of the orgs are in desperate trouble. Can you confirm this?

Axiom142

Lise // December 23, 2009 at 11:20 pm | Reply

hello, Not sure about all aussie Orgs but I know a lot and I mean alot of public have just drifted off the lines quietly not “officially” leaving but just sitting around “waiting for the Org to change”. I think “Hmm, where’s wait on the Know to mystery scale”. I think a lot of people don’t actually know whats going on and believe that the Church Bridge is the only Bridge and don’t want to give up their “only” option to freedom. I will be working on that one in my area. Aussie Orgs on a whole I believe are all doing badly with possibly the exception of Melbourne but not sure

IndieScio // December 23, 2009 at 12:29 pm | Reply

Lise, do you think the psychs might have been involved in Ed’s death? The news reports said he complained of stress and bullying previously, so they might have seen this as an opportunity to make Scientology look bad. Just wondered.

Heather // December 23, 2009 at 2:36 pm | Reply

Hi IndieScio, my perception is that most psychiatrists and psychologists who have heard of Scientology simply ignore it.

Ed McBride was in the army – the elite Special Air Service. He would have had stress on the job and may have experienced bullying there too.

HandymanJoe // December 23, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Reply

I think IndieScio got a point.

LRH never would have approved of the Aussie C of S non-Scientological behavior to bother the man beyond belief with calls but Ed was a stable guy and would no have killed himself over that.

C of S wanting Ed dead? Nah, they rather want his money and no new scandal. They got so many already.

Could enemies of Scientologists be involved? I think so. (Let’s not forget that C of S and Indie-Scientologists do have still common enemies and our religion, the tech and LRH is the main target. Just read the insane hatred that Anonymous is posting!)

Don’t want to open old wounds, Marty, but your Mom’s death could have been a psychiatric experience on her too. They know how to confuse people and drive them over the edge.

Johann Benedikt // December 23, 2009 at 8:38 pm

Let’s not forget, that Co$ is the entity who had something to hide and therefore send Ed’s church files to the US, so that the Australian authorities could not get a hold of them, not “the psychs”.
Surely Co$ has had no problems to release so called “priest pertinent” confidential auditing files in the past.

Cat Daddy // December 23, 2009 at 9:37 pm

To HandymanJoe:

“C of S wanting Ed dead? Nah, they rather want his money and no new scandal”

So thrue.

“L. R. H. in Clearing Procedure, 1957:

“The work was free. Keep it so.”

Therefore, although we have no such stature as the Great Philosophies, I charge you with this – look to source writings, not to interpretations. Look to the original work, not offshoots.

If I have fought for a quarter of a century, most of it alone, to keep this work from serving to uphold the enslavers of Man, to keep it free from some destructive “pitch” or slant, then you certainly can carry that motif a little further.

I’ll not always be here on guard. The stars twinkle in the Milky Way and the wind sighs for songs across the empty fields of a planet a Galaxy away.

You won’t always be here.

But before you go, whisper this to your sons and their sons – “The work was free. Keep it so.””
L. Ron Hubbard quote

“Don’t want to open old wounds,”But yet you go on doing excactley that.

“Could enemies of Scientologists be involved? I think so. (Let’s not forget that C of S and Indie-Scientologists do have still common enemies and our religion, the tech and LRH is the main target. Just read the insane hatred that Anonymous is posting!)”

LOOK closer at COB without COB no protests.

Bishop Desmond Tutu:
I am not interested in picking up crumbs of compassion thrown from the table of someone who considers himself my master. I want the full menu of rights.

“LRH never would have approved of the Aussie C of S non-Scientological behavior to bother the man beyond belief with calls but Ed was a stable guy and would no have killed himself over that. ”

“The freedom of an individual depends upon that individual’s freedom to alter his considerations of space, energy, time and life and his roles in it. If he cannot change his mind about these, he is then fixed and enslaved amidst barriers such as those of the physical universe, and barriers of his own creation. Man thus is seen to be enslaved by barriers of his own creation. He creates these barriers himself, or by agreeing with things which hold these barriers to be actual.”
L. Ron Hubbard

To Heather:

“Lise, do you think the psychs might have been involved in Ed’s death? The news reports said he complained of stress and bullying previously, so they might have seen this as an opportunity to make Scientology look bad. Just wondered.

“There is a condition worse than blindness, and that is, seeing something that isn’t there.”
L. Ron Hubbard quote

Jim Logan // December 24, 2009 at 1:09 am

CDad,
Bing, bang, boom. Spot on.

Lise // December 24, 2009 at 1:33 am | Reply

Cat daddy says it all.

“There is a condition worse than blindness, and that is, seeing something that isn’t there.”
L. Ron Hubbard quote

tamphex // December 24, 2009 at 12:50 pm | Reply

“an opportunity to make Scientology look bad” – why make any effort at all when the Organization of Scientology excels at doing that just by their behavior alone?
This knee jerk reaction of blaming the “psychs” for anything bad is absolutely ridiculous, if not an excellent example of paranoia & been told what to think by the CoS. The orgs are emptying, the public is becoming more and more weary of the bait & switch tactics. The Organization of Scientology will be pushed out of our nation in due course.

And that will have NOTHING to do with the “psychs”; that will be the result of us the citizens having enough of this Organization and it’s disregard to basic human rights.

Huckleberry // December 24, 2009 at 2:14 pm

Tamphex, I forlornly agree that under the DM reign, basic human rights are denied to SO members, but please don’t hold up the psychiatric community as the beacon.

Let’s not forget the scores of unfortunate souls who’ve been strapped to tables and had their brains fried in the name of medical progress.

WH // December 23, 2009 at 1:19 pm | Reply

Hello Lise. Your resignation letter is inspiring in its punch, simplicity and clarity.

Have you considered just faxing it to as many newspapers as you can — with a note on the top — for immediate release

It is already a perfect press release.

With love,
WH

Heather // December 23, 2009 at 2:12 pm | Reply

That’s a wonderful resignation letter, Lise. You have called it as you’ve seen it.

Respect.

Huckleberry // December 23, 2009 at 5:04 pm | Reply

Lise, you’ve kept your integrity in, which is the senior datum.

I can’t believe that a reg cycle – however unpleasant – would drive a soldier to suicide.

Did Ed blow after completing his auditing? Did he attest? Was he red-tagged?

If he blew and went out of comm, that’s a big red flag and if it was me, I’d be doing whatever I could to get him back into the org.

Let’s not make the Brisbane org staff wrong without the data.

Lise // December 23, 2009 at 10:51 pm | Reply

Hi Huck, thank you for your kind words. Yes, lets not make Brisbane staff wrong. The case is not yet closed so I can’t make any comments but I can assure you that what has been written in the press has been twisted to make us in Brisbane look bad

Underground For Now // December 23, 2009 at 5:16 pm | Reply

Lise;

WELCOME to the “INDEPENDENT FIELD”.
Very impressed with your self-determinism. Your photo speaks volumes. You are my poster woman for, “I’m not going to take this B.S. any longer.”

My favorite part of your resignation letter:

“I am also using my right to assign a condition because I am damned if I am going to wear the condition myself for the lack of assigning it.

I assign the Church of Scientology management and all its entities the condition of TREASON.”

When I went public I wished I would have written those words. I have thought about the COS being in TREASON. I agree they are in TREASON.

It is great to have an INDEPENDENT anchor point down under.

Lise // December 24, 2009 at 1:35 am | Reply

Thanks and hopefully more Aussie’s will come aboard and I will be the anchor point for them if they wish.

Linda // December 23, 2009 at 6:30 pm | Reply

Hello Lise,
Your resignation letter = simple, high impact, effective!
My hat’s off to you.

Linda

Gloria Manchenburg // December 23, 2009 at 7:04 pm | Reply

How do you know that his death was unrelated to auditing? If I were auditing a person and was not qualified to deliver a process to someone, flubbed it and caused a psychotic break in that individual; I would not readily admit if it could be used against me in criminal proceedings.

Sinar // December 23, 2009 at 8:00 pm | Reply

Good on ya, Lise!

I admire your fortitude and personal Integrity!

Welcome to the Independents.

Martin Padfield // December 23, 2009 at 8:22 pm | Reply

Welcome Lise, to the world of Independence. As I see it a world of:
Integrity as opposed to compromising self
Reconnection as opposed disconnection
Genuine affinity as opposed to pretended affinity
Respect as opposed to contempt
Open communication as opposed to suppressed communication
Recognising LRH as the actual source of what we value as opposed to…
Free will as opposed to “Command Intention”
Courage
Friendship
Purpose

I will raise a glass for you and all Independents on Christmas Day.

Lise // December 23, 2009 at 10:54 pm | Reply

cheers Martin

winsmexico // December 23, 2009 at 8:37 pm | Reply

Lise…

When I was a little kid I grow up looking at the early cartoons of the “justice league”.
It was for me a dream that such a group of justice heroes could exist. Shortly after I grow up…
It comes a time in the life when one needs to realize what is really happening around one.
When this time arrives is not always an easy walk. Looking back into history one sees that anyone that dares to wake up his fellows is punished by the status quo. But as a friend of us say; they are the only beings that have made space for have a free society and free beings. In this year full of lies dissolved and light of truth I want to tell you I feel special and blessed that in a short period of time such a giant beings have stood up and say NO MORE.
It starts with Marty, Mosey, Steve, Jason, Larry, Mark, Jeff, Hiro, Shannon, Geir, Mike, Dan, Mariette, Christie, Cathy, Jack, my dear friend Mary Jo, Sherry, Paul, Don, Amy, Shelly, Gary, Jackie, Haydn, Lucy, Marika, Katrina, Martin, Ken, Jim, Tom, Ted and Ignazio.
As you can see I remember all of them. For me they are heroes and you are the new one of this “justice league”
A hero does what is needed in the time needed with no excuses.
It takes a lot of courage and many will not do a thing for fear.
The battle for freedom in mankind will never stop. You are, with all the rest of Independents, constructing this ground to walk all free. Life and God bless you all the life.
From your new fan…

Roberto Sánchez Núñez.

Thought provoking // December 23, 2009 at 9:12 pm | Reply

I admire your courage. I’m sure this will inspire others to do the same.

“When the Church received the news that Lise was going to resign, they sent in people to handle her from leaving. Like many staff they were being kept in the dark with no idea what was really going on in the world. So Lise took the opportunity to enlighten them, by
handing them a copy of “What happened to training?” from Friends of LRH website.

I love the way you handled this. An act more deserving of a freedom medal than most reported from the IAS.

Lise // December 23, 2009 at 11:05 pm | Reply

Thank you. funny you should mention freedom medal winners. n 2008 one of the winners was called Tim Bowles. Some of my research uncovered that he was actually a lawyer for the church and many many more outpoints. Very interesting when you actually read and observe the magazines. Outpoints are glaring but I think most Scios found “Scn news” extremely boring and trashed it before resading it. I certainly did . but after all whats happened I read it and discovered outpoint after outpoint. Each outpoint I found (false stats) I questioned at my “handlings”. Of course when confronted with the truth the Church had no answers. This in itself gave me courage and allowed me to stay in full control of each and every meeting

RJ // December 23, 2009 at 9:27 pm | Reply

Wow!

I was just suckin’ back a cup o’ joe, expectin’ the same ol’, same ol’ and all a sudden Lise pops up on my screen!

You must have quite a story to tell us!

Questions, questions. Theories, theories.

Look guys let’s let Lise get comfortable here before we get into any questions or theories!

I’m sure Lise will tell us the back story in time.

All I’d like to say is welcome.

And like they say at Friends of LRH.

You are among friends.

Lise // December 24, 2009 at 1:39 am | Reply

Thanks RJ appreciated.

veritas.v // December 23, 2009 at 10:45 pm | Reply

Lise:

Love you for your courage, integrity and dedication.

Your resignation letter resonates with my personal observations and experience in trying to set it right from within.

Lise // December 23, 2009 at 11:07 pm | Reply

Thank you and I will tell all in time. Currently working on some articles to release. And thank you to everyone for all your support, I feel truly blessed to be part of such a good and ethical group.

living life // December 24, 2009 at 2:15 am | Reply

Hi Marty, Your post regarding Lise has upset some of the Australians who are ex Brisbane staff and public.
Ed McBride was not “soaring” on his auditing as suggested. This is an impossibility as within 48 hours after his last session, he tied himself to an electrical sub station, and that’s some serious voltage by the way, and killed himself. I would call this a great big fat RED TAG.
If you read his coroners report ,the guy already had issues before scientology and probably should never have been allowed auditing in the first place, however I can see how this was “overlooked” as the Brisbane org is much smaller than even a staffed mission and they are desperate for public and G.I.
I am not saying she killed him as he may have been going to do it anyway and the auditor failed to help him with what was C/Sed, but whos to say that misapplication didn’t drive him over the edge due to him being already unstable?
I understand if you don’t post this but please look at all the data and actual evidence and do research next time before posting a “soaring PC” result when the guy committed serious hurry curry on himself right after his last session.
I love a lot of what you say and do and I don’t know what you have been told. I am all for letting people know that Lise is out and pointing out her letter of resignation, that’s a good thing but Please marty, be more diligent when commenting in the future of such nature as “soaring PC” as clearly Ed Mcbride was not soaring. He is dead!! And was within 48 hours of his last session. Did you know this? What do you make of this?
Were the org guys bombarding him with texts and calls to get him in to handle a nasty red tag???
I look not listen, and Something’s wrong here.

martyrathbun09 // December 24, 2009 at 12:38 pm | Reply

Living Life, I have studied tomes of publicly available, and as yet not publicly released, information – including the lengthy coroner’s report. Your comment contains at least two assumptions not backed by evidence. So, I suggest you do as you assert you do, “I look not listen.” I stand by my post. I think you ought to read it more carefully.

Huckleberry // December 24, 2009 at 2:27 pm | Reply

From Living Life: “I am not saying she killed him as he may have been going to do it anyway and the auditor failed to help him with what was C/Sed, but whos to say that misapplication didn’t drive him over the edge due to him being already unstable?”

This is not only nasty gossip but highly libellous and I’m shocked you published it, Marty. I don’t know Lise at all but any intimation that she may have been responsible for the dead soldier is outrageous in the absence of beyond-a-reasonable-doubt proof.

Mike Hobson // December 24, 2009 at 3:52 pm

>This is not only nasty gossip but highly libellous [sic]
>and I’m shocked you published it, Marty.

Huckleberry, read it again. Loving Life’s comment does not contain an accusation asserted as fact. It contains a speculation about a possibility in language that clearly shows it to be such.

In any case, Marty is damned if he does, damned if he don’t with this.

If he doesn’t allow it, the Anons and critics will point to that as clear proof he censors anything negative about scientology or scientologists. If he does allow it, freezoners will rail about it being unfair to Lise.

Michael A. Hobson

RJ // December 24, 2009 at 6:44 pm | Reply

LL, unless you have Ed McBride’s folder and have done a thorough FES you don’t know what happened, so what you are writing here is purely speculation.

This may surprise you but many cases with high security clearances, have had some form of psychiatric treatment or at least an evaluation by a psychiatrist. Some have been exposed to narcosynthesis.

To dismiss this possible factor as “conspiracy theory” as some have done shows a definite lack of understanding on their part.

The evidence of this being a possibility is *not* speculation and has been documented.

As I wrote unless you have the folder to hand you do not know if what happened was directly due to the auditing, to environmental factors or because of some form of psychiatric treatment or evaluation.

The fact is that standard auditing does not kill people.

If you think that this is even possible then as far as I’m concerned you are on the wrong board.

Cat Daddy // December 24, 2009 at 7:10 pm

This Case appears to me like a bag of snakes, I am afraid to put my hand in it.

wgas // December 24, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Reply

How funny that someone with issues shouldn’t receive auditing. I thought Hubbard invented the cure for insanity.

Christie // December 24, 2009 at 3:17 am | Reply

Wow! I’m so happy to read this and thank you for joining the Independent movement. You have some serious integrity. We are lucky to have you in our midst!

Virginia // December 24, 2009 at 12:08 pm | Reply

We are so grateful out here for your outstanding article on first-hand experiences. In addition to being a brave. extraordinary Lady, you are an excellent writer!

We look forward to more articles in the future. Thanks for a super Christmas Gift!!

Concerned Citizen // December 24, 2009 at 5:56 pm | Reply

Thank you Lise for your corage and for reaching out to his folks. I can only imagine how good it was for them to be able to talk to you directly.
Leave a Comment

Paul

HelluvaHoax!

Forget about Where's Waldo? Where's "ED WAS SOARING?"

So did we just witness a CyberBaptism where Marty's sinful blogs were washed away by His mercy???

Note: He told me to always capitalize His referential pronouns and thus I am carrying out His (Marty's) command intention.

Cherished

Did Marty actually write those words about Ed McBride "soaring", etc, or did Steve Hall? They appeared first here: http://www.scientology-cult.com/lise-okane-resigns-from-cos.html

Glad you noticed this little gem too Alanzo:

OK, here's an excerpt from Marty's latest:

A note to readers: It is becoming increasingly easy to detect DM’s agents. The telltale sign is their awkward discomfort at acknowledging the WHO behind the C of Mestology’s decline and fall, and their proclivity for attempting to finger LRH and his writings as cause for this.

A further note to Dave: We have documented how your registered agents are out attempting to convert former staff and public’s ARC breaks with you into generalized hatred toward Scientology and LRH. You may succeed in burning your own organizations to the ground. You may succeed in bringing me down. But, I promise you – try as you will – you will never succeed in destroying LRH’s legacy of the tech. It is too late for that.

So now, per Marty, it is DM himself who is trying to show that L Ron Hubbard and his tech and policy are the cause of the rampant fraud and abuse in the Church of Scientology.

That's how you can tell who "DM's Agents" are: they criticize L Ron Hubbard.

Wow.
At first I was like:

laughter2.jpg

Then...
His Facebook page has been hacked, too.

Paul

and I was:

why-laughter-is-contagious-2.jpg

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the archive DOF. I doubt Marty will thank you as that's a footbullet of enormous proportions. It's bizarre how he mentions this episode on Lise like it's a plus point or on her resume. I hope some good comes out of this tragedy as now people can see how this Borganization operates. 19 calls or texts. Been there. These people are messing with people's minds completely outside of any regulation.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Lise McKane resigns and the Tassie Devil pages are back up but with only a few of the milder comments.

Hmmmm.....

aaron saxton

Patron with Honors
How to detect an unstated motive

I am not a well educated person. And have average intelligence.

I wish to reveal at least one piece of information on how to detect a persons motivations if they will not state them. This applies to C of S, Marty or anyone else.

If you take a perspective of a scientist and imagine looking into space and you see a heavenly body moving.

Now, using calculations, you determine that the orbit is not in allignment with what you see, with what you know. The mass should hold it closer or further from the star. Or it's rotation is too fast given the mass etc.

In other words, you can tell that there is another force acting upon that object to cause that particular spin, rotation or allignment.

Sure enough, now that you know what to look for, you will find it. Keep looking wiht the telescope and there it is... a moon or other planet that is acting upon that planet you first noticed. In other words - the force acting upon it, or in this example, a motivation.

If Marty Rathburn's motivations do not match logic, then for a moment see what rotation - or allignment he is taking. Once that is established and you can see the end result of what he is trying to achieve, the motivation reveals itself.

To many who would bother to read this, it sounds obvious, but to some, who need assistance, this is a method to discover motivations.

We can apply it to OSA trolls or those who post threads that do not seem to make sense.

Yes, it is assumption, however once you have the motivation evaluated in this way you can easily test it and rule out falsehoods.

As many have done with Marty, they have seen his true motivations and then have fired questions and statements at him that have proven through denial, lying or refusal to comment that the suspected motivations are factual.

I love the thread response bts2free posted on one thread about Marty at the int base and the subject of the IGNW (Inspector General Network Orders.)

Enough said form this loudmouth (me).

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I hate to interrupt the tinfoil party but lots of posts are still missing from Marty's blog.

I don't see that there is enough evidence to state that Marty faked it. However, I have a couple of questions.

How easy is it to actually hack someone's WordPress account? And their Facebook account? I can see two options here:

1. Guessing Marty's password. Since he's not so Internet-savvy, he might have named it after his dog or something. Some wag on WWP wondered why anyone would call their dog "Ethylene-Glycol". This isn't impossible, although enough people must have told him not to use a simple password or have easily-guessable security questions.

2. Entering via the server hosts, i.e. WordPress and Facebook, whether by bribing the staff or whatever.

-----

But this is what gets me: what's the purpose of hacking his accounts? Because if someone else got in, why did they not change the password so he couldn't get in? And if they didn't change the password, why did he start bawwing about having been hacked and not being able to contact the tech guys till after the holidays?

I have no data on his Facebook account, so will just comment about his blog. Are we expected to believe that:

1. Someone hacked his account;
2. They deleted a few posts, including the Lise "Soaring Suicide" O'Kane one and the RTC Xmas card one;
3. They made a few minor defacing comments;
4. Marty couldn't get into his account to correct the changes as they changed the password;
5. A couple hours later, without doing any significant damage really, they changed the password back again or told Marty the new one;
6. Marty "fixes things" but can't replace those missing posts for some reason?

Paul