What's new

Sydney New Year's Event Raid

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yep, that's Vicki Dunstan (aka Vicki Hannah to older scios).
Looks like a few old friends are still "serving the cause".

freethinker

Sponsor
I don't really know but I would guess something lke:
Fully hatted OT or Fully hatted OT ambassador. Just a guess. But their promo is simple minded like that. It seems to make him feel real important.

4230001834_27225f525c_b.jpg

This guy has a rather interesting Freewinds shirt, I haven't seen that logo before, does anyone know what it means?

Happy Aberree

Patron with Honors
Great Job Guys!!

Really excellent work guys -you do yourselves proud. As soon as my m%$#er-f**king broadband decides to speed up... I will be able to watch the video!

Awesome pics and yeah, that's Vicki alright (great shot of her giving you the bird!!! WOW)

Keep up the good work.

HAB

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
lol damn your quick Kookaburra, beat me to the punch on my own videos!

I had just uploaded part 3, but Vimeo has failed on me again so its going to be another 2 hours uploading again. I'm uploading the vid with OSA now, funny stuff!

btw, have you managed to get your footage off your camera?

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
lol. Don't worry I can assure you it is Vicki. Tamphex had a nice long chat with her (they are old friends).

See here: http://vimeo.com/8478519

and aww, ESMB doesn't do vimeo embedding.

I'm an Aussie and pretty much the only thing I understood over the traffic noises was the bird calls. (Interjection: How awesome were the bird calls in inner Sydney?)

Transcript anyone?

PS. That photo of Vicki is already in the inboxes of several journos. :D

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
I'm an Aussie and pretty much the only thing I understood over the traffic noises was the bird calls. (Interjection: How awesome were the bird calls in inner Sydney?)

Transcript anyone?

Sadly the audio on my video camera is quite terrible (I could make out most of what tamphex said though). I'll talk to tamphex about doing a transcript/subtitling job.

PS. That photo of Vicki is already in the inboxes of several journos. :D

Nice work! I could provide an un-watermarked higher-res or unaltered if necessary.

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
Great pics, recognised lots of faces there, SO & public, shame about the sound on the vids though.

I'm an Aussie and pretty much the only thing I understood over the traffic noises was the bird calls. (Interjection: How awesome were the bird calls in inner Sydney?):D

BTW, the bird calls, if you're interested, are from the Indian Mynah, an introduced species that has become a pest in just about all cities in Oz, rather fitting they are featured in the vids then really.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
lol damn your quick Kookaburra, beat me to the punch on my own videos!

I had just uploaded part 3, but Vimeo has failed on me again so its going to be another 2 hours uploading again. I'm uploading the vid with OSA now, funny stuff!

btw, have you managed to get your footage off your camera?

Yes, I saw them there and thought you might be still editing the next part. The sound in part 1 and 2 is much better than in the interview with Vicky. I got the idea you were backed off a ways and that was probably why the background noise was so loud.

Mine is still on my camera. I don't know that I'd have anything better than yours. Holding the camera still was secondary importance to what I was saying, so it's gonna be pretty erratic. I may look it over to see if we can get any other faces that are not on what you shot.

I'd like to get a list of who was at that event, so we know who is still in. And an accurate headcount. Both SO and public. It looked like a pretty good turnout. Are you guys that recognized people game for this?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ones that I know

There are some here I've named.

Oh my what a fantastic day it was!

Undoubtedly the whole Sydney field was out there, there was easily over a 100 of them, the most I have ever seen! And they all got entubulated real hard.

Of course, on to the pictures, I'm hoping you local ex's will be able to identify people you know here, I tried to get a fair few people shots to assist in figuring out who's still in and whatnot.

4229235531_3475b2e99e_b.jpg

This was there scene outside AOSH ANZO early on.

4229992822_872d40cab9_b.jpg

Typical OSA with camera, does anyone know who she is? Guy on the right is Mike from OSA, more on him later.

4229993422_dbc4e43813_b.jpg

Scientologists starting to arrive, none to pleased at our presence it seems, OSA lady on the left briefing them.

4229993950_ed6952bb8e_b.jpg

Yep, this guy is definitely not happy to see us.

The guy pointing is Ken Nietche.
Lady with the black bag over her shoulder is Debbie Champion.
Looks like Steve Keegan hidden behind red-shirted kid in front of Deb.
4229226209_b993732000_b.jpg

The lady in the middle there just had a chat with David Graham (old friend?), now she's being handled by OSA lady on the right.

Looks like Seth Fitzgerald in kharki T-shirt in middle of photo.

4229226509_998f1798b7_b.jpg

4229995452_b29d06b4a0_b.jpg

Here is OSA Mike again, he is a rather friendly chap, unlike another OSA guy we ran into later.
He's talking to Pat Molloy, SO member who was banished to Adelaide for years because his wife became pregnant. Now back in Sydney.
4229227489_3af58af0a7.jpg

Here's Bevan, this is the guy Aaron Saxton had a long convo with on the 19th, also a rather friendly chap.

4229227841_5761de0339_b.jpg

Ahhhh, Virginia! Long time no see!

4229228087_15dd2e5815_b.jpg

4229996538_d0ceea4b5e_b.jpg

Checking out our signs...
Hilary Shead to far right of picture.
4229228783_8e13054e12_b.jpg

Wow, she is pissed! Thats some serious down-tone right there.

Michael King in blue shirt with hands in pockets.

4229229329_7eccce06d3_b.jpg

A mag someone carried into the org, it reads "Advanced Clinical course lectures", I guess some sci's already knew what was coming?

4229229579_3b5ff8a76c_b.jpg

Guy on the left is Simon(?) - haven't seen him since the late 80s. Lady with the purple dress is Di Deering.
4229998014_a853ee63c1_b.jpg

The guy on the right is not a friendly chap, I asked him nicely last month to take a flyer and he just snarls and keeps walking straight ahead.
Stu Heggie. In front of him is Saul Hilderbrandt.

4229998386_226bb634ae_b.jpg

This guy is just chillin'

4229230501_fddae24bab_b.jpg

VICKI DUNSTAN, PRESIDENT OF SCIENTOLOGY AUSTRALIA.
Giving me the finger!
Oooooohhhhh Yeah! :happydance:
That ones gonna come back to haunt you ;)

4229230911_99233bbe59_b.jpg

She seems rather pleased with herself after that :D

4229999382_04f403ac30_b.jpg

The elusive Alex makes an appearance! We haven't seen her for a long time, its a pity she stopped coming out and talking to us, she was nice.

Guy on the right in the suit is Dennis Martin. He's a good guy who seems to come and go and hasn't spent too much money or time on the cult.

4229999784_8d1c6b5f5a_b.jpg

For some reason they closed off the main door to the org and everyone was to move in through the side door.
Oh and look, its Cyrus books in the background!

4230000132_57437cd155_b.jpg

Oh SH-
Next to him is Guy Taylor.
4229232183_bfe1c6f91a.jpg

Heres an interesting shot, President, Vice president, and OSA ANZO all in the same shot!

4230000956_12759b026d_b.jpg

And heres the lovable Tojo!
Tojo was manning the end of the street, bodyrouting any unsuspecting Scientologists off to enter the org from the other end.

4229232463_562e58e37f.jpg

Tojo again, in deep contemplation.

4229233251_6522f41c36.jpg

This can be best summed up with "WTF IS THIS SHIT!!?!?!" (point at anon) :rofl:

OSA missionaire with Edward Dickey, Security Chief still?
4230001834_27225f525c_b.jpg

This guy has a rather interesting Freewinds shirt, I haven't seen that logo before, does anyone know what it means?

4230002080_49f679b4d2.jpg

This guy was hanging around the door most of the time.

4230002352_00709aea52.jpg

YESSS, CYRUS BROOKS FACEPALM! I believe it was due to a comment made by tamphex.

You can download all the pics higher res here

Stay tuned for video and other stuff, LOTS of really great footage including tamphex's candid conversation with Vicki, Kookaburra shouting, and talks with OSA.

minnie

Patron with Honors
Peter Mousiol is behind Debbie Champion and next to Steve Keegan. Also that's him in the Just chillin' photo.

Derek (White?)- black hair, black glasses - is next to Ken Nitsche.

Lady with long brown hair holding plastic cup in same photo with Saul Hildebrand and Stuart Heggie is Gay Morrow.

Full name for Bevan is Bevan Berry.

Dennis Martin is guy with glasses on far right in same photo as Alex Kutuzov.

Lots of S.O members here and there including Mike Gordon, Helen Weis (IAS), Sue McClintock's daughter, Pat Molloy, Loueen Bayly, Virginia Stewart, Edward Dickey, Matt Reeve, Stuart Heggie, and Cyrus Brooks. Also the guy with grey hair and glasses on far right near the girl in blue and white summer dress is the NOTS Folder Page guy or something similar - can't recall his name.

Last edited:

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Wow, Nice work already Scooter and Minnie!

All my videos are now online

Part 1: http://vimeo.com/8479397
Part 2: http://vimeo.com/8480662
Part 3: http://vimeo.com/8482194
Chat with Vicki Dunstan: http://vimeo.com/8478519
Some fun with OSA and Vicki : http://vimeo.com/8481823

Part 1 and 2 are mostly footage of the sci's arriving + protesting
Part 3 is mostly anonymous shenanigans + some scilon footage
The stuff with OSA is pretty funny, I especially lol'd when OSA Mike comes around the corner and he points to our chalk signs and hes like 'oh whats this?'

Audio is pretty terrible throughout though.

BTW: Has anyone spotted Wendy Honnor in the pics or vids? I think she was suppose to be at the Sydney event.

Last edited:

Div6

Crusader
Looks like they had more fun outside the event than inside. Great pics and vids. Thanks for the report.

And I had the same thought Panda had....OT Doctorate Course grad.

israeli

Scientologists starting to arrive, none to pleased at our presence it seems, OSA lady on the left briefing them.

The lady in the middle there just had a chat with David Graham (old friend?), now she's being handled by OSA lady on the right.

thats too cute of me standing there
been a bad boy that year, lots of ethics! :no:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

thats too cute of me standing there
been a bad boy that year, lots of ethics! :no:

Hi Israeli,

Glad to see you on this side of the fence. I was the one screaming myself horse at that event.

I'm curious how the demonstrations come across to those inside. Do the faithful ever talk about the issues raised by the demonstrators? Do you think it arouses doubts among those in? Or are we successfully ignored?