What's new

Vote on Oz Inquiry deferred till Feb, but time is our friend.

Carmel

Crusader
There has been a major stink up in Oz Parliament this week, due to the Leader of the opposition siding with the Labour Govt on the Emissions Trading Scheme bill. Five MP's have resigned from the front bench over it, and it looks like our current Liberal leader (Turnbull - who was against the inquiry into Scn), will be voted out of the leadership on Monday - It would seem that either of the two candidates who would take over his position, would be more favourable towards an inquiry than Turnbull has been.

Given the time of year (our summer holiday season is about to start, in which time many workplaces shut down or go into slow mode), after next week, Parliament won't be sitting as such, till Feb. Next week no doubt, all attention will be on sorting out who is who in the zoo. There's no doubt that once it's all sorted, Sen Xen and we, will have some different MP's to "enlighten" as to why an inquiry is needed. That is something we can do before Christmas.

Now is also the time to get any and all docs, petitions, etc, together, so that we can forward those to Sen X in order for him to get others on side before xmas, and before Parliament comes back in early Feb to vote on it.

Time is on our side, but it will be wasted if we don't use it....let's do so.

See link for info on what's needed right now:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=14956

In addition to the above, any and all protests by Anon, and signed petitions, would be grand!

Thanks, C

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I think this is a good move.

Although the enquiry is very important to us and Senator X, it's small fry to most other Senators and politicians, especially when careers and leadership is on the line. Time is needed for the Liberal party to sort itself out which will dominate the political landscape for the next few weeks minimally.

This will give us more time to present much stronger better organised evidence and make Nick Xenophons job a little easier.

It looks really good. Better than the element of "scramble" that there has been so far. (This is not a criticism of all the good work so far). Actually "scamble" mode was good for severall reasons, and now a slower mode is good too, for preparation, better political options, publicity, etc.

It's all good.

and getting better

Mrs Pattycake

Patron with Honors
Good news indeed - more time to prepare.

And I just loved Wendy Honor's delightful little "butter would not melt in my mouth" letter to the senator.

I think we have her letter of response to Kev where she swore profanities thoughout the whole thing - think I'll dig it up and send it off to Mr X.

Anyone else have any "proof" of Wendy's actual stats or "charming" personality ?

I mean does anyone know if there is any Scientology happening at all in Tasmania - because she did get her freedom medal for all the unbelievably grand work she did - single handedly turning around the entire economy and establishing Dianetics as a household name LOL - it even looked bogus on the IAS event .

She has to be one of the most seriously deluded individuals in Scientology and she honestly has real mental health issues - she is the one needing to be saved .

ScudMuffin

Silver Meritorious Patron
I think it would be a good idea to stay out of character assasination letters. It's basically the 'Dead Agent' route and you want to hold onto the moral high ground.

One letter/email per Senator, give your local senator a phone call or leave a message on the answer phone.

fnx3

Patron with Honors
Further re enquiry/Edward McBride/Xenophon

Just thought I would post this link to a news article re the Edward McBride enquiry - it mentions both enquiries - the current enquiry into the "suicide" death of Edward McBride & also Sen. Xenophon's progress with getting parliamentary support for his own enquiry into the whole CofS operation in Australia (plus by posting it here it also bumps this topic up:clap: which it sure does deserve!):grouch::

Grieving family urges Scientology probe

fnx3

Patron with Honors
I think it would be a good idea to stay out of character assasination letters. It's basically the 'Dead Agent' route and you want to hold onto the moral high ground.

One letter/email per Senator, give your local senator a phone call or leave a message on the answer phone.

Good tips:thumbsup: - yeah, I did that - haven't had any replies.

Carmel

Crusader
Update

Well, time HAS been our friend. As the days roll by, it keeps looking better and better in regard to getting the Senate Inquiry into Scn over the line.

Much is happening on the Ozzie front, and on other major fronts in the Northern Hemi. We've had good news from various quarters in the last week, and a few hours ago, we just got some more good news.

Sorry about the "mystery sandwich"......I just want you folks to know that bigger and better things than we have seen to date are afoot. These involve worldwide coordination between powers that be in several prominent countries (I'm referring to activity apart from that being done by exes and/or critics and Anons). Others have now taken the ball and are running with it.

It seems that in the near rather than distant future.....the old time critics, the more recent critics, Anon, the exes and all.....will be able to sit back and watch as it all transpires! (just not quite yet though :coolwink: )

All is going better than according to plan, but still, it aint over till the fat lady sings, so everything and anything which contributes to the momentum is support that's still needed at this time.

Keep up the good work, folks! :thumbsup:

Kutta

Oh My .... This sounds like something REALLY BIG! Gosh, oh gee, this was worth waking up in the middle of the night for. It's almost 3am here! Ta very much Carmel. Please tell all as soon as poss. Me thinks we're all gonna love this!!!!!

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Nice to hear all this (even if it is all a bit general and secretive-like :D) and it certainly does fit with what we have been seeing publicly over the last few months.

I'd like to think the cult will see sense and run up the white flag but I guess that won't happen - shame.:whistling:

supafreak

Patron Meritorious
It seems that in the near rather than distant future.....the old time critics, the more recent critics, Anon, the exes and all.....will be able to sit back and watch as it all transpires! (just not quite yet though :coolwink: )

I can't wait! :drama:

Outethicsofficer

Well, time HAS been our friend. As the days roll by, it keeps looking better and better in regard to getting the Senate Inquiry into Scn over the line.

Much is happening on the Ozzie front, and on other major fronts in the Northern Hemi. We've had good news from various quarters in the last week, and a few hours ago, we just got some more good news.

Sorry about the "mystery sandwich"......I just want you folks to know that bigger and better things than we have seen to date are afoot. These involve worldwide coordination between powers that be in several prominent countries (I'm referring to activity apart from that being done by exes and/or critics and Anons). Others have now taken the ball and are running with it.

All is going better than according to plan, but still, it aint over till the fat lady sings, so everything and anything which contributes to the momentum is support that's still needed at this time.

Keep up the good work, folks! :thumbsup:

Damn this looks to be an even better New Year than I anticipated... we will do our bit too!
Thanks for the update Carmel.
Love
James

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Well I have some bad news to report, sadly.

I got a letter back from Rudd, (or his secretary at least) in which it states the government is not considering the inquiry.

However it did add, "should the senate conduct an inquiry into the application of certain Commonwealth laws to the Church of Scientology, the Australian government may consider the resulting report".

It also added that its not the Governments role to interfere with religious beliefs, but "religious observance should not be regarded as a shield behind which breaches of the law can be hidden".

It looks like a standard form letter, but I'm not sure its been posted on the boards yet?

In any event there is still time left and we won't stop pushing.

Carmel

Crusader
Well I have some bad news to report, sadly.

I got a letter back from Rudd, (or his secretary at least) in which it states the government is not considering the inquiry.

However it did add, "should the senate conduct an inquiry into the application of certain Commonwealth laws to the Church of Scientology, the Australian government may consider the resulting report".

It also added that its not the Governments role to interfere with religious beliefs, but "religious observance should not be regarded as a shield behind which breaches of the law can be hidden".

It looks like a standard form letter, but I'm not sure its been posted on the boards yet?

In any event there is still time left and we won't stop pushing.

What was the date of the letter? - There was a form letter being sent from Rudd's office that sounds like the one you got.

Fortunately "The Govt" doesn't have the majority in the Senate, and nor does the opposition. Given that either the govt or the opposition was on side, we'd be sweet, 'cause the Greens and the Independants are *for* the Inquiry, per reports. :)

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Yep, it's a form letter. We got it too. I read it as basically "we're covering our asses as far as political correctness goes". :D

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'd say Mr Rudd and Co are still peeved that they didn't get their ETS Bill through before the Copenhagen Summit so are still pouting a little about that.

There will be a lot of support from the backbench senators on both sides and the lobbying by the cult has helped our cause a lot more than anyone realizes.

It's just a matter of when the bill is introduced to the senate and how it's done and what form it takes as to whether it'll go thro' easily or not. And OSA do know that and are pooing their pants badly about it.

Even tho' they've told the faithful that it's all over and the Bill is dead etc etc ad nauseum, they know it hasn't even been put to the Senate yet. and they're scared. With good reason.

This Inquiry WILL bring out all the dirty laundry of the cult for all in the world to see - and I'm :drama:

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
What was the date of the letter? - There was a form letter being sent from Rudd's office that sounds like the one you got.

Fortunately "The Govt" doesn't have the majority in the Senate, and nor does the opposition. Given that either the govt or the opposition was on side, we'd be sweet, 'cause the Greens and the Independants are *for* the Inquiry, per reports. :)

Actually the letter is dated 6th of January. I can't believe it took nearly 2 months for them to reply :duh: Maybe others got the same letter, but they got a fast reply? Edit: just saw Panda Termint post.

And yes, we'll get this done, with or without the government :coolwink: