What's new

Razz Line: In Memory of Linda Quay

A friend sent this to me from the Razz Line yesterday. Thought I'd post it in case anyone knew Linda. I heard that she had been battling breast cancer for the past few years.

In Memory of Linda Quay

Linda Quay chose to take on the responsibilities and adventures of a new body when she peacefully departed this one on the 7th of January 2010. Her husband - Harold, their daughters – Megan and Jennifer and Linda’s mother - Leona, were with her and understood her decision.

Linda is a GAT Class VI Auditor and a New OT IV. She is especially proud of being a permanent Class VI Auditor. Her hat in life was that of an auditor and her preclears loved her. She was the Founder and original mission holder of the Church of Scientology Mission of Sunland/Tujunga. She took on these responsibilities in order to help as many people as she could because of what the Scientology technology did for her.

She was a leader in her community, a loving wife and mother and a friend to many. We look forward to welcoming her back in the future.

A Memorial Service will be held on Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 3:00 p.m.

Reverend Cosimo Sherman will perform the ceremony.

American Saint Hill Organization Chapel (Lebanon Hall).

1413 L. Ron Hubbard Way, Los Angeles, CA 90027.

Phone is 323-953-3250.

Parking:

The parking lot on Sunset Blvd. is under construction so you can park on Catalina or other streets. Updated parking information will be forthcoming.

Please join her family and friends in acknowledging the vibrant life of Linda Quay and to wish her well. You may contact me or Senior Chaplain, Sara Roward, if you have any questions.

Flowers for the memorial service may be sent to ASHO Foundation (see above), care of Sara Rowand, or a donation may be made to IAS or CCHR in Linda’s memory.

Nikki Magnie

818-203-1200

For the Quay Family

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
A friend sent this to me from the Razz Line yesterday. Thought I'd post it in case anyone knew Linda. I heard that she had been battling breast cancer for the past few years.

In Memory of Linda Quay

Linda Quay chose to take on the responsibilities and adventures of a new body when she peacefully departed this one on the 7th of January 2010. Her husband - Harold, their daughters – Megan and Jennifer and Linda’s mother - Leona, were with her and understood her decision.

Why is it that these announcements are post hoc?

Surely if this Linda person was deciding and dropping she could have announced it ahead of time? There could have been a going away party, a la M*A*S*H. People could have had a chance to say cheerio and bon voyage and could have seen for themselves how happy and causative Linda was being.

Or maybe she didn't want to go and this is all pr BS?????

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
Blonde hair and glasses????

If this is the one and the same, she was pretty damn evil to her step-son. If this is the same one I knew her and was on staff with her when she was at LAD.

Mockingbird6

Patron with Honors
Why Cancer?

I mentioned in another post that when I hear something I can't match up to other stuff I know, I let it sit in the "Maybe" section of my knowledge and sooner or later I get more data that connects up for a better look.

The subject of Scios dying of cancer has been this way for many years, with personal loss of friends via this disease, and with lots of discussion pro and con on why, whether, how.

Last night something came up about the subject of disconnection from one's children. And an old datum from Scio popped to view, something about cancer being caused by the thwarting of the second dynamic, particularly from a body and cellular perspective. And then I went, HOLY Sh.t, Disconnection from one's children fits this "Thwarting of the second dynamic!" You spent twenty years raising them, now your future family is gone. Could this be a contributor? It would be interesting to know the corresponding numbers.

And then I thought, OMG, add up the numbers of SO members getting repeated abortions or forcing others to have abortions, even being told you are never allowed to have children! There's another big messup on the second dynamic!

This still isn't resolved for me but I think I am onto something.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Why is it that these announcements are post hoc?

Surely if this Linda person was deciding and dropping she could have announced it ahead of time?

I particularly find it distressing that a thetan level that she was considered to be on that she would chose another body to enslave herself to:
Linda Quay chose to take on the responsibilities and adventures of a new body when she peacefully departed this one

I extend my Christian condolences to the family and friends who must be missing the person that she was and realizing that she has flown home.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Originally posted by ButterflyChaser
Please join her family and friends in acknowledging the vibrant life of Linda Quay and to wish her well. You may contact me or Senior Chaplain, Sara Roward, if you have any questions.

Flowers for the memorial service may be sent to ASHO Foundation (see above), care of Sara Rowand, or a donation may be made to IAS or CCHR in Linda’s memory.

Never let it be said that the cofs has missed an opportunity to get the GI up.