What's new

Randburg Org burns down

ScnRebel

Patron
Not sure if anyone has any data on this or not.

Last Thursday part of the Randburg Org in Johannesburg burnt down:happydance:

The org is made up of two houses. The area that burnt down was the course room and admin space. They managed to save the PC Folders, but all of the course room materials were destroyed. I have no data as to how it got started.

Obviously there is now a big donation drive to get all of the materials recovered, and they are using this as a way to get the area upgraded.

Anyone else have more data? I have not been able to find out much about this.

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Hmm, materials that are ir-replacable and potentially usable against people are saved, while insurance replacables are utterly destroyed.... hmmmmmmmmmmmm............ SUSPECT!

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow. I hate fires, but I'll let the person who is collecting data on Scn fires know. Thanks for posting.

ObJ&D question: was it before 2 or after 2?

skydog

Patron Meritorious
Dave Miscavige to CO Ranburg:

"Sorry to hear about the fire at the org?

CO to Miscavige:

Shhhh-its not until tonight.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Wow. I hate fires, but I'll let the person who is collecting data on Scn fires know. Thanks for posting.

ObJ&D question: was it before 2 or after 2?

There's been more than one??? :omg:

I am not happy about fires at all. No dancing from me on this.:no:

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can’t be happy about part of a building burning down.

Especially when I know the oppressive ethics penalties that will applied to the unfortunate staff at this org. If something goes wrong in an org – someone is always made to pay.

In 1992 when the main Sea Org berthing at St Hill (Brook House) burned down, the whole base was put into a condition of Liability.

Things are going to get very nasty there very soon. Hopefully this will cause some of the staff to re-evaluate what they are doing working for such an organization.

Axiom142

Miss Pert

Silver Meritorious Patron
I've never heard of Randburg org, when I was a FLag I met guys from Joburg, Joburg North, Cape Town and another one I can't remember, but it wasn't Randburg. Anyone know where Randburg is?

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors

The org is made up of two houses. The area that burnt down was the course room and admin space. They managed to save the PC Folders, but all of the course room materials were destroyed. I have no data as to how it got started.

Obviously there is now a big donation drive to get all of the materials recovered, and they are using this as a way to get the area upgraded.

Geeeez, that's too bad.

I mean about the PC folders being saved from the fire. Those having been burned might have mentally relieved some public from the "chains that bind them".
Kind of like a "real confessional" is supposed to be.

skollie

I've never heard of Randburg org, when I was a FLag I met guys from Joburg, Joburg North, Cape Town and another one I can't remember, but it wasn't Randburg. Anyone know where Randburg is?

Randburg is the Joburg North Org.

ScnRebel

Patron

Joburg North became Randburg. Not sure if it still called Joburg North, but the problem is that it moved West, so it is no longer in the North.

Miss Pert

No-one was hurt, that is, not from the fire. I feel sorry for the ED though, real nice guy. Went from Purif I/C to ED in a few months.

Was his surname Bisch? I was at Flag with Shannon Bisch, but she had been married, don't know if that's her maiden name or not. I think she said her bros was ED, she was really nice too. It makes me sad that I can't keep in touch with the really nice guys I met there, still, better out than in as they say.

RolandRB

Rest in Peace

Soungs like they are trying to make money on the insurance. They will claim is was packed ful of course materials worth a million dollars and when they get their insurance claim they will open a bigger Org.

ScnRebel

Patron
Soungs like they are trying to make money on the insurance. They will claim is was packed ful of course materials worth a million dollars and when they get their insurance claim they will open a bigger Org.

Actually, I don't think so. Doubt that they were really insured for much, if they were insured at all. With the amount of stuff that they are asking donations for, I would think that they did not have any insurance at all.