What's new

A day spent with Markus Stuckenbrock...

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
I had the pleasure of spending time on Monday & Tuesday with Markus Stuckenbrock, the brother of Uwe, who died of Multiple Sclerosis on the PAC-RPF. Markus was in L.A. on a fact-finding mission with a documentary crew from Europe.

Scientology, obviously, knew I was meeting with Markus and the film crew, because Joel Phillips posted a new thread trashing me on Scientology's hate site, Religious Freedom Watch.

It was a real joy talking to Markus who showed me photos of him & his brothers, including taken of Uwe when he was posted as Gold Base's Security Chief and married to Laurisse Stuckenbrock, DM's current squeeze.

As you may be aware, when Uwe was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1996, he was declared "downstat" and "pulling it in" and was sent to the RPF. Laurisse also divorced him and between 1997 and his death in 2008, Laurisse never bothered to contact him or check on his welfare.

This is disheartening because among the photos Markus showed me, there were many of Uwe & Laurisse in happier times, many photos taken at Gold Base, and several of Uwe & Laurisse at the shooting range. There were also photos of Uwe's dog and Laurisse together (Markus was a bit irked at me when I pointed to a photo of David Miscavige & Laurisse together... Markus said I was insulting Uwe's dog). There was also a photo of Laurisse holding a beagle. Uwe didn't have a beagle, but DM did.

After looking at the photos of Uwe & Laurisse, obviously once very happy together, especially evident in their wedding photos, it really sucks to know she turned her back on Uwe & dumped it when he became ill. Real piece of work that bitch turned into.

We did discover that Scientology dumped Uwe on the County medical system as an indigent and he was transferred to a nursing home in Los Angeles for 2 years that had a very poor ratings based on State of California criteria. He was transferred to an even worse nursing home in Glendale (over 60 complaints filed in a 2 year period with the State) where Uwe died at the age of 46.

I was informed the documentary would be aired in late March or April. I will let you know when I get a definitive schedule. Last I heard, Tommy Davis refused to meet with the film crew for an interview.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Thanks for that report Smurf, I'm glad you had a good time and supported Marcus as well. Such a disgraceful story and the more info, the better.

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank you for supporting Markus, Smirf. He and Uwe are often in my thoughts.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
:omg: :bigcry: What documentary?

I don't know, but rumor has it that there'll be one coming out on German TV, March 31. I'll try to record it.

EDIT: Correction

I was wrong, this is what I was thinking about:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,675298,00.html

A new German TV movie tells the story of a man who lost his wife and child after joining the Church of Scientology. The drama, which is based on a true story, was filmed in secret to prevent the organization taking legal action against the project.

Heiner von Rönn could reel off a sobering list of the people and things he has lost to Scientology. They include thousands of euros, 10 years of his life, his former wife, and both his children.

Fifteen years after leaving the organization, Rönn recently found himself confronted with his own past again, complete with all the terminology and threats from back then. He was on the set of a German TV production, where rooms in a Scientology office had been meticulously reconstructed. The TV drama, whose plot is inspired by real events in Rönn's life, deals with a family that falls apart because of the organization, which in Germany is regarded as a business rather than a church and is monitored by domestic intelligence agencies.

Last edited:

skollie

We did discover that Scientology dumped Uwe on the County medical system as an indigent and he was transferred to a nursing home in Los Angeles for 2 years that had a very poor ratings based on State of California criteria. He was transferred to an even worse nursing home in Glendale (over 60 complaints filed in a 2 year period with the State) where Uwe died at the age of 46.

Thank you for supporting Markus, Smurf. What happened to Uwe is heart breaking and reading the above snipped quote, enrages me. Uwe had a family who loved him and would have taken care of him, yet they chose to dump him to die alone in a nursing home. :bigcry:

Much love to you Markus.
:rose:

Blue Spirit

Double Whammy

Laurisse abandons her husband and then pulls in a monster like DM.

Poetic justice ?

Sharone Stainforth

It is difficult to convey the words of utter disgust that I feel towards the "chuch" of scientology for the lack of care and help given to Uwe Stuckenbrock. I sincerely hope Marcus gets all the facts out there.

AnonKat, thank you for posting that video. It is very upsetting.

Hugs to you Marcus and Smurf for helping him.:bighug:

AnonKat

Crusader
It is difficult to convey the words of utter disgust that I feel towards the "chuch" of scientology for the lack of care and help given to Uwe Stuckenbrock. I sincerely hope Marcus gets all the facts out there.

AnonKat, thank you for posting that video. It is very upsetting.

Hugs to you Marcus and Smurf for helping him.:bighug:

Never Forgive, Never Forget. I saw the Documentary in German, I wish his Brother strength and courage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLoMAp8dTl0

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Thanks for this report and briefing us on Marcus and the documentary. Your comments on Uwe and Laurisse are appreciated.