What's new

MARTY RATHBURN - AN AGENDA ??

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron

There is something about the activities of Marty Rathburn that do not add up, something about his operation that simply does not ring true.

I have it on good authority that Marty has been in contact with over 100 reporters, TV interviewers, media outlets and newspapers in AUSTRALIA alone.

I have no doubt that he has engaged on the same outreach to every such resource in USA, UK, EUROPE and S.AFRICA.

Yet Marty fills his time blogging with his small group of syncophants and followers.

I would seriously doubt that his "known" group of supporters have the skills and comm lines to embark on such a program, so I wonder if there is another group behind his activities?

Marty's invective has been almost universally aimed at DM, yet he studiously avoids any determined attack on the Scientoology cult itself. The COS is a bloated, toxic entity, too far gone to salvage. The materials ascribed to Hubbard and his cult are freely available in the Freezone and anyone wishing to continue on that path have numerous highly capable people out there who can deliver those materials in a safe and client-friendly way.

It is amazing how the COS has duped its gullible and obedient slaves (er, sorry, adherents) into drumming up large sums of money to purchase expensive buildings to act as "Ideal Morgues". These buildings are passivly handed over to the cult who are happy to develop a growing property portfolio.

So, what is Marty's agenda? Does he see himself as the guru on a white horse riding to Scientology's rescue? Or is there something else going on behind the scenes.?

The wholesale contacting of so many media outlets in Australia alone would require a fully set up office or bureau, working flat out to develop such reaches and I simply do not believe that Marty has the ability or capacity to do this all by himself.

It has been suggested that Marty is, in fact, running a "black op" program for the cult to steer the disaffected public toward the goal of rejoining a "new and improved" COS. How true that is, I have no data, but as the saying goes "There is no smoke without fire".

It is easy to forget the story of the king and his magic suit of clothes, so this begs the question:

IS MARTY RATHBURN REALLY THE GOOD GUY HE WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE HE IS, OR IS HE, IN FACT, A FIFTH COLUMNIST WORKING FOR THE CULT?

Perhaps Marty himself can tell us what is going on so that if he is as good as he would have us believe, we can all get behind him and support him.

Dart

Gadfly

Crusader
Yeah, DartSmohen, I have wondered the very same thing! :thumbsup:

Something doesn't smell right. Rotten? :whistling:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I think you'll find quite a bit of discussion about Marty's 'stated' and probably actual agendas on numerous threads here.

What's clear is that he's *not* doing what he claims to be doing.

Zinj

Gadfly

Crusader
The weird part is that Marty and "those people" still have that "dedicated glare" in their eyes. They still resonate with "command intention", and being "on purpose" to the "actual true intentions of LRH".

Now THAT is VERY scary. For me, Scientology in ANY form must NOT be allowed to exist if it still possesses ANY of those fanatical traits. :no:

Zinjifar

I think that almost everyone on his blog is well meaning (albeit, deluded.) I doubt that anybody beyond Mike and Marty themselves is really in on the whole game. They're just usable cannon fodder who are willing to be led.

When Marty announces the 'reform' and how everything's now good again, they'll troop right back in the lemming cage. Of course, the blog does serve to vet the 'field' for those who will be eligible for the amnesty.

Zinj

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Marty appeals to the institutionalized. The very long term SO who really have no idea how to function in the real world. Take a look at the comments on the blog - Jim Logan for example. still spewing Hubspeak and still a suck up. Just amazing to watch the level of brown nosing going on.

marty is trying to take over cos. or at the very least start his own cult. its blatant.

Umm, so you've been able to verify this on "good authority" have you? Good Job! :clap:

:p

What MR intends to accomplish remains ambiguous. Much is disturbing about his actions, but his actions such as they've been so far are capable of multiple interpretations and therefore remain unclear. He certainly hasn't been forthcoming with credible answers, not that he has much credibility among former members of the church. In that way he's stuck with a bit of a paradox. Whatever he says he's unlikely to be believed, yet if he says nothing he certainly won't be. :lol:

However, your posting of your own rank speculations as certainty is only evidence of your own lack of comprehension & credibility.

Mark A. Baker

Zinjifar

It's a rare case where I would take anything Marty Rathbun says at face value, but, in the case of 'taking over the Co$' I will. He's denied any such aspiration, however disingenuously, and it's credible because the whole notion is ludicrous. Nobody can 'take over' Scn unless David Miscavige lets them. There's no such mechanism in Scientology. It's not a 'nation unto itself' that could be subject to a coup and there are no elections. So, when Marty says he has no intention of taking over the 'Church' I actually accept that.

However, it wouldn't surprise me at all to discover that he intended his statement to be disbelieved by his followers, and be playing a double-whammy on them, because he will at least *appear* to take over Scientology as part of a more complicated game involving a 'public' REFORM of Scientology.

So, Marty can't 'take over Scientology' without David Miscavige's accession, and, David Miscavige will never *actually* give up power, however, it's completely plausible that David Miscavige might *pretend* to give up power in order to avoid responsibility and allow the 'Church' to more successfully fake a fake 'reform'. As Ron did before him.

Zinj

esmbanon

Patron
marty is trying to take over cos. or at the very least start his own cult. its blatant.

Umm, so you've been able to verify this on "good authority" have you? Good Job! :clap:

:p

What MR intends to accomplish remains ambiguous. Much is disturbing about his actions, but his actions such as they've been so far are capable of multiple interpretations and therefore remain unclear. He certainly hasn't been forthcoming with credible answers, not that he has much credibility among former members of the church. In that way he's stuck with a bit of a paradox. Whatever he says he's unlikely to be believed, yet if he says nothing he certainly won't be. :lol:

However, your posting of your own rank speculations as certainty is only evidence of your own lack of comprehension & credibility.

Mark A. Baker

thank you for the opportunity to quote myself

Gadfly

Crusader
If some scenario unravels where it APPEARS that the Church takes it all "back from DM", giving it back to "the good people", and where DM is viewed as some sort of "bad apple", you can be sure that whoever is "at the helm" will still be taking orders from Miscavige (who will be quietly orchestrating everything from behind the scenes). It will be a contrived reality. It will be made to appear as something that it actually isn't. It will be standard operating procedure for the C of S, where some view of reality is controlled through the intentional manipulation of perception (reality) by the careful use of "ARC". :omg:

Zinjifar

IS MARTY RATHBURN REALLY THE GOOD GUY HE WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE HE IS, OR IS HE, IN FACT, A FIFTH COLUMNIST WORKING FOR THE CULT?
Dart

Dunno how accurate the metaphor would be. Triple agent or agent provocateur might be more his 'hat'.

Scientology would call it 'pan determinism' possibly :)

Zinj

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
My Perceptions

There is something about the activities of Marty Rathburn that do not add up, something about his operation that simply does not ring true.

I have it on good authority that Marty has been in contact with over 100 reporters, TV interviewers, media outlets and newspapers in AUSTRALIA alone.

I have no doubt that he has engaged on the same outreach to every such resource in USA, UK, EUROPE and S.AFRICA.

Yet Marty fills his time blogging with his small group of syncophants and followers.

I would seriously doubt that his "known" group of supporters have the skills and comm lines to embark on such a program, so I wonder if there is another group behind his activities?

Marty's invective has been almost universally aimed at DM, yet he studiously avoids any determined attack on the Scientoology cult itself. The COS is a bloated, toxic entity, too far gone to salvage. The materials ascribed to Hubbard and his cult are freely available in the Freezone and anyone wishing to continue on that path have numerous highly capable people out there who can deliver those materials in a safe and client-friendly way.

It is amazing how the COS has duped its gullible and obedient slaves (er, sorry, adherents) into drumming up large sums of money to purchase expensive buildings to act as "Ideal Morgues". These buildings are passivly handed over to the cult who are happy to develop a growing property portfolio.

So, what is Marty's agenda? Does he see himself as the guru on a white horse riding to Scientology's rescue? Or is there something else going on behind the scenes.?

The wholesale contacting of so many media outlets in Australia alone would require a fully set up office or bureau, working flat out to develop such reaches and I simply do not believe that Marty has the ability or capacity to do this all by himself.

It has been suggested that Marty is, in fact, running a "black op" program for the cult to steer the disaffected public toward the goal of rejoining a "new and improved" COS. How true that is, I have no data, but as the saying goes "There is no smoke without fire".

It is easy to forget the story of the king and his magic suit of clothes, so this begs the question:

Perhaps Marty himself can tell us what is going on so that if he is as good as he would have us believe, we can all get behind him and support him.

Dart

I find your entire post accurate.

Further, my perceptions agree and I see hidden things in the beingness

observable on his face: Nazi mentality (notice his poorly surpressed glee when

he talked about the few Black Ops he mentioned) and SP feeling about him.

Anybody working with DM for so long cannot possibly be clean, so him trying

to appear that way just points to a hidden covert Agenda.

Certainly someone is behind it like you say, most likely the IRS, since my

reading says they run the show.

Feral

Rogue male
Dart, you raise a good point.

I don't think there is any way Marty has the approval of the DM run CofS. So, in that sense he's no 5th column.

Having said that I believe he has a much larger group of followers than any one suspects. These guys are pro Hubbard, KSW, zealots. Well, for the most part anyway.

In a sense he represents the old CofS, coming to vanquish the tyrant David Miscavige and save the tech and mankind.

Given the number of them that I suspect there are I'm not surprised at how far they've reached into trying to undo the work we've done in Australia.

Don't underestimate the power of a dedicated zealot! Also these guys aren't hampered by the bureaucracy, forms, compliance reports, meetings, musters, FP allocations and watchers that exist in the CofS.

They're probably 10x as effective as the Church and possibly form into what Hubbard would have called a ''true group''.

On the other side of the coin there are a lot more people working in Oz to get the inquiry than is apparent so Marty will be pushing shit uphill to win the hearts and minds of the parliament and media, especially in this climate.

Serious, he's got Buckley's chance of swaying it against the out come we want, he may cause a refocus to DM, but the abuses are the abuses and they need to have responsibility taken for them some one or, say some church, is accountable.

Rathbun is, in a way validating our claims by his calls as he is drawing attention to the claims he has made himself.

AnonKat

Crusader
It's a rare case where I would take anything Marty Rathbun says at face value, but, in the case of 'taking over the Co$' I will. He's denied any such aspiration, however disingenuously, and it's credible because the whole notion is ludicrous. Nobody can 'take over' Scn unless David Miscavige lets them. There's no such mechanism in Scientology. It's not a 'nation unto itself' that could be subject to a coup and there are no elections. So, when Marty says he has no intention of taking over the 'Church' I actually accept that.

However, it wouldn't surprise me at all to discover that he intended his statement to be disbelieved by his followers, and be playing a double-whammy on them, because he will at least *appear* to take over Scientology as part of a more complicated game involving a 'public' REFORM of Scientology.

So, Marty can't 'take over Scientology' without David Miscavige's accession, and, David Miscavige will never *actually* give up power, however, it's completely plausible that David Miscavige might *pretend* to give up power in order to avoid responsibility and allow the 'Church' to more successfully fake a fake 'reform'. As Ron did before him.

Zinj

With DM gone the CST can revoke its license to the RTC and Buy back all materials and copyrights for a mere 100 dollars and than elect a new licensee.

G

Gottabrain

I am glad you started this thread.

Marty has been very actively contacting and recruiting high profile former execs and Scientologists on FB in the last two months. I have watched this.

All on my contact list whom he has recruited to his FB as friends have become very tight-lipped about their views afterward.

Something is definitely going on.

Last edited by a moderator:

TEoS

Patron with Honors
Marty is as much of a criminal, abusive, liar as Miscavige is, in fact, probably more. From what I'm aware of, he was much more "hands on" than the coward Miscavige was. "He made me do it" is the defence of a coward.

Rathbun's Blog is awash with narcissism and twisted reality. In fact he reminds me a lot of another criminal conman by the name of L. Ron Hubbard.

Marty's agenda is to become Marty The Messiah. Thing is, the cult has already had one mentally ill messiah. It really doesn't need another one.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Marty Rathbun's agenda? Easy...

The identical agenda as L. Ron Hubbard.

The identical agenda as David Miscavige.

It only gets confusing if one assumes or looks for any external motivations or parties beyond themselves.

That agenda is:

WHATEVER BEST SUPPORTS THEIR PERSONAL, ERRATICALLY IDIOCSYNCRATIC LIFESTYLE WITH FINANCE, ACCOLADES & SUPPORT RESOURCES--ALL OF WHICH (INCLUDING THE AGENDA ITSELF) IS INFINITELY ALTERABLE AT THEIR SOLE DISCRETION, WHIM & CAPRICE.

In other words, the character they play in their one-man performance can be made to say or do anything they want, any time they want, for any reason they want. They often change the script mid-performance.

Sometimes we even catch them stumbling badly when they go off the teleprompter and try to improvise.

Everyone else is a ticket buyer.