What's new

New from BFG: EBAY - THE NEW BASICS BOOKS BATTLEGROUND

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=24072&sid=74baafe4b6d0f967666eb179512c838f

SELL YOUR SCN STUFF ON EBAY FOR TOP DOLLAR!!!!

There is great deal running right now on SCN lectures & books on eBay.

Right now there are two types of books & lectures being sold on eBay:

1. New Books and Lectures recently released, and

2. Older versions of these on Cassette Tapes or earlier printed editions that no longer match what have recently been released.

Both of these types of items are being scooped up on eBay.

Why now and by who?

The reason the new books and lectures are being sold on eBay is that there are a ton of Scientologists that are now realizing that the whole thing is a crock of shit and they are selling off their lectures and books that they have bought over the past few years. More interesting is who is buying them up - The Church of Scientology.

Why would they buy up their own products on eBay? eBay short circuits them getting a cut and turning a profit on these items.

Dave Miscavige has ordered that ASI purchase any and all new materials that are listed on eBay to keep these off the street so to speak. Why go into the org and buy a set of lectures for hundreds of dollars when you can get them on eBay for a fraction of the cost.

So, ASI has been arranging for scientology public to buy up any and all lectures offered on the site. These people are told that this is so ASI can offer the lectures to libraries, or recover earlier editions for archives etc. It does not matter what the costs, the items are to be purchased period. ASI then reimburses the public person for the costs involved and the items are turned over to ASI which in turn send them back to Gold and they are repackaged and put back into the system for sale.

ASI also gathers up the info on who is selling the items so as to see who is disaffected or no longer “On-Source” where they would throw the tech away by offering it on eBay. Or in the case of the old lectures or books, disobey the order to turn them in to be destroyed.

The old books and lectures are being bought up so that people curious about the changes are not able to do comparisons and document the changes that have been on new editions. The changes are so drastic on some materials that any quick comparison would show up MAJOR differences between editions.

If you want to check this out for yourself, go ahead. Check out svetlana1222’s eBay profile.

http://myworld.ebay.com/svetlana1222/

All of the items in this profile are random materials and in some cases the winning or current bid is higher than retail!

or how about willfoo’s eBay profile.

http://myworld.ebay.com/willfoo/

Between these two eBay members, they are bidding on every single Scientology eBay item covered above.

If the item has a single bid on it that means it will sell, these ASI hired eBay buyers, jump on the bandwagon and buy it up.

If it goes for days without a bid, they put it on an automatic bid program that buys it as the lowest possible price and the winning bid is placed seconds before the auction ends.

If you really want to make some good cash, put your old E-meters up on eBay. These get bought up just the same.

The point is this, if you are interested in getting your hands on any of this stuff for comparison purposes, now is your chance. If you want to sell any of this stuff now is your chance. If you just want to bid on something to drive up the price a bit – now is your chance!

If you are still in “good standing” or plan to remain in good standing, it might be a good idea to have a friend sell the items for you. This is of course if you are not interested in getting a visit from the local Org MAA.

Until next time…

BFG

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
meters on EBay

The last time I tried to sell some Planetary Dissem special edition emeters on EBay, I had them pulled off within 24 hours, with a warning never to list them again, as they are "intellectual properties" of the CofS and cannot be sold to unauthorized persons. If you know any way around this, I'd like to know it. No bull, just facts. Also, it doesn't matter if it's wrong or right, it just is, so if there is a way to get around it, I'm all ears.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
The last time I tried to sell some Planetary Dissem special edition emeters on EBay, I had them pulled off within 24 hours, with a warning never to list them again, as they are "intellectual properties" of the CofS and cannot be sold to unauthorized persons. If you know any way around this, I'd like to know it. No bull, just facts. Also, it doesn't matter if it's wrong or right, it just is, so if there is a way to get around it, I'm all ears.

Whether there's a 'way around it' or not, it's worthwhile to write back to Ebay and point out that:

The items being sold are *personal* property; legitimately acquired and owned, and;

That refusal to sell to 'unauthorized' buyers is religious discrimination.

An author cannot control who reads (or buys) his books once he's sold them.

Zinj

Björkist

Last edited:

Pascal

Sell that crap here:

www.sellingscnstuff.com

Terril park

Sponsor

This is bullshit. The patent on the E-meter expired many years ago. The
schematics were posted in an electronics magazine around that time. So
an FZ meter maker tells me.

I'll see if I can get details of the magazine and its issue. Maybe that will change Ebays pussy attitude.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
This is bullshit. The patent on the E-meter expired many years ago. The
schematics were posted in an electronics magazine around that time. So
an FZ meter maker tells me.

I'll see if I can get details of the magazine and its issue. Maybe that will change Ebays pussy attitude.

Why would it? The :shark: is probably willing to spend vast sums of money on lawyers and legal threats to keep their meters off eBay. Is eBay going to spend an equivalent amount of money fighting them? For the benefit of a handful of users?

If there were big PR points to be gained in the fight, then maybe, but at present I don't see that it is viable for them to get more involved.

Paul

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Why would it? The :shark: is probably willing to spend vast sums of money on lawyers and legal threats to keep their meters off eBay. Is eBay going to spend an equivalent amount of money fighting them? For the benefit of a handful of users?

If there were big PR points to be gained in the fight, then maybe, but at present I don't see that it is viable for them to get more involved.

Paul

The excuse given by Ebay (when one is given) is that the e-meter is a 'religious artifact'. I agree with you that it's not about 'legality' here; since the 'Church' couldn't care less about 'wog' legality; only successful extortion.

But, the position that Ebay serves as an arm of the 'Church' in enforcing 'who' can buy an e-meter is itself untenable, *and* illegal. Religious discriminination also involves saying who *can't* purchase a legal item sold in a public marketplace. Ebay and the 'Church' don't have a leg to stand on and, by complying, Ebay itself is breaking the law.

The 'Church' can punish its own 'members' any way it wants to and that they'll put up with, but, they have no basis at *all* to attempt to extend their 'Scientology Ethics' to non-members.

Note; it started with e-meters, but, now the 'Church' is attempting to stop the sale of *books* to 'non-believers'??? Heh. don't make me laugh.

Zinj

Terril park

Sponsor
The excuse given by Ebay (when one is given) is that the e-meter is a 'religious artifact'. I agree with you that it's not about 'legality' here; since the 'Church' couldn't care less about 'wog' legality; only successful extortion.

But, the position that Ebay serves as an arm of the 'Church' in enforcing 'who' can buy an e-meter is itself untenable, *and* illegal. Religious discriminination also involves saying who *can't* purchase a legal item sold in a public marketplace. Ebay and the 'Church' don't have a leg to stand on and, by complying, Ebay itself is breaking the law.

The 'Church' can punish its own 'members' any way it wants to and that they'll put up with, but, they have no basis at *all* to attempt to extend their 'Scientology Ethics' to non-members.

Note; it started with e-meters, but, now the 'Church' is attempting to stop the sale of *books* to 'non-believers'??? Heh. don't make me laugh.

Zinj

Good ideas for a TV programme?

Terril park

Sponsor
Really?!?! I have a complete LRH library that is collecting dust. Would especially like to offload the whole set of the latest CD Congress lectures. Please advise.

List it out and I can post on FZ forums. Private, public, CC Miscavidge as yoiu will. :)

Pascal

Lulu Belle,

So what is the CofS going to do about all the old books that were donated to libraries?

Most books on ebay and amazon are from libraries needed useful shelf space and selling crap for 1$.

When will DM release the Newspeak dictionary of tech. The current one is full of BTs and dates to when DM realized getting laid was not an option this life.