What's new

SYDNEY - Feb 13, 2010

MrNobody

Who needs merits?
Thanks!

I was nervous and got tongue-tied here & there & held the mike wrong, but I had a lot to say and it was a great relief, in its way, to say it. Sorry for the little foibles here & there; I haven't said anything publicly to a group in many, many years and the nervousness sort of locked up my brain here & there. And I probably should have taken the sunnies off. Next time. But my speech was straight from my heart, anyway. Thanks, Aaron and everyone, for making it comfortable to speak. It was so wonderful to be talking together as a group with the other exSO there, each supporting the others' stories. You did great! I am grateful to the Anons and everyone else for doing these protests and all the things done behind the scenes, too.

Even the police were listening very closely to the speeches.

Now that the speeches finally have fought their way through my crappy internet connection and onto my screen, all I can say is: :wow: Powerful stuff, from all of you. Thank you guys 'n gals, you really got your message across.

:clap: :clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Spectacular!

Wow! This is great. The speakers should all be given medals. Great courage!

mate

Patron Meritorious
Are the speakers willing to match their videos with their ESMB user names? Aaron should be well enough known, and Sheila is not too hard to place, but I don't know the other two.

Paul
Hi Paul,

The girl in the red top and blond hair is Kookaburra.

The girl with pink gloves and black hair is Purple Rain.

The girl in dark glasses and a taupe coloured top is Gottabrain.

David.

apple

Patron Meritorious
Thank-you for having the courage to speak out publicly like you did. It is strong and moving.

I agree totally about it not being called a religion and church. I choke whenever I say scientology the religion and a church.

Last edited:

Kutta

Kookaburra, Gottabrain, and Purple Rain, thank you for your courage. What you said was powerful and moving. Thank you Anonymous and Aaron too. You are all magnificent. This must surely have affected any who heard.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
Aaron, Kookaburra, Gottabrain, and Purple Rain...

Thank you.

My last service in scientology was at the AOSH.

It was the most insane time for me. As I walked down Greek Street away from the org, I knew in my heart I would never return. Though I still had a long way to go to work out "why" I felt this way, I knew I could no longer abide to the cold harsh scientology system.

So when I watched you four on the vids, in the street from where my big "spiritual freedom" deluded dream began to unravel, my heart did a little weeping. Sadness is okay when one is sad. :yes:

It was powerful to watch you all.

Warmest thanks.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Sadness is okay when one is sad. :yes:

Oh, yes! Most certainly!

It was a funny feeling walking down Greek St again. My I'm-never-setting-foot-in-this-place-again moment occurred as I left CLO in Castlereagh St for the last time, so I know how you feel. In some ways I would have liked to walk by, but we didn't. I think our time in Scientology will always evoke mixed emotions. Whatever those are I think we need to own them and be honest with them. I strongly believe that people should cry when it hurts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDIaDS9HhMw

Big hug!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Hi Paul,

David.

Thanks very much David.

Paul

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Hi Paul,

David.

Thanks for posting this, Mate!

((HUGGS)) to Kookaburra:rose: , Purple Rain:rose:, Gottabrain:rose:!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Patricia Curtis

Patron with Honors
Fantastic! Loved hearing you all! Awesome work telling the world who you are and what you've been through. You do go back. That warms my heart like nothing else. Thank you all so much.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks everybody and especially Purple Rain and Gottabrain. It is a big step to stand in front of an org and tell them your experiences for the first time. But it is a giant leap in your recovery from your Scientology ordeal.

There is an instilled fear that Scientology puts in it's members using the tools of ethics, fair game, peer pressure, blackmail and disconnection, and this fear resides in ex members for a long time. This is a ginormous piece of baggage that is so spiritually healing to just take it back where it came from and dump it there.

I have just watched the videos. I think the impact of the speeches increases exponentially with each additional speaker. Also the credibility, as the one thing you are led to believe when you are in is that the bad things are isolated incidents, and that when they happen to you it is because "you pulled it in". What a giant lie and a ser fac of magnitude that one is. But the credibility factor is huge, as it is not just a "disgruntled ex employee" but it is confirmation that each person is not the only one who has had the bad experience, or who notices and rejects the callous behavior required of members. And we're not lying! This same shit happens wherever there is an org all over this planet.

I urge anyone who was in who is now out, who can possibly make it to a demonstration to go. I promise you, you will not regret it.

Opter

Kookaburra;375064 members. And we're not lying! This same shit happens wherever there is an org all over this planet. [quote said:
I urge anyone who was in who is now out, who can possibly make it to a demonstration to go. I promise you, you will not regret it.

Amen to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wonderful speeches.:yes::thumbsup:

Opter

DavidM

Patron with Honors
Some more videos and photos from the protest

Click the link to see photos by Mal: http://www.zooomr.com/photos/malcolmwolf/sets/54152/

We started doing flyer raids around central around noon and proceeded to ANZO after that. We were being photographed from one of the balconies and assumed that they were sea ogres, but they were buddhists. Go figure. So we had a mexican standoff taking photos of each other and laughing until we figured it out.

Probably about 30-40 clams went in and out in the time we were there - about 2 hours. They erected an 'ostrich tech' barrier to keep out the entheta.

Aaron was awesome. As you will see.

After that, nothing happened. We all went home early. Really.
assaults431aaronvolunte.jpg

assaults328niceclosepro.jpg

assaults326niceprofile2.jpg

assaults115ostrichtech2.jpg

assaults027starwars2.jpg

assaults018flagwaving2.jpg

assaults014switchesfanc.jpg

assaults436scientologyb.jpg

SydneyAnon - 13-2-10 - Opening Speeches at AOSH ANZO on Vimeo

Opening speeches as we arrived at AOSH ANZO (mostly Aaron), different from the above videos.

More to come.

StevenBradleyWilliamson said:

G

Gottabrain

Thanks so much. Great support here for a nervous first-timer.

I think the magic was in the three of us speaking out together. I can't even begin to tell you how that felt. Like we'd grown up as sisters and been in different countries, living similar lives and finally found our voices by getting together.

Purple, everyone on the Anon Board said you made them cry. Kookaburra was the best at bringing it all together and her experience in speaking shows. You couldn't have choreographed it better if you'd planned it, Kooka.

We need to speak together again. And we will. :)

Terril park

Sponsor
Unlike London where we only have at most 2 class V staff in the
building, it seems Sydney has a whole AO, FOLO and class V org to
address, and it seems a common theme is to give help to those
wanting to leave. In that context saying anything that denigrates
Hubbard is counter productive. I'm sure everyone is aware of the
internal PR from OSA , anything up to and including that the psychs are
paying anons etc. Denigrating LRH would just just confirm OSA
propaganda.

Far better emphasising that the whole bridge, and most of the
senior tech terminals ever made are outside the COS.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
You're correct, Terril and I know this from actually talking to still-in scientologists.

One of the greatest fears holding scientologists in the CofS in line is "denial of Bridge".
This is the carrot and stick that the CofS wields. (Jeff Hawkins talked about it during the LA Press Conference.)

I told one long suffering scientologist that, if they so chose, they could do the entire Hubbard Bridge outside of the CofS. They were completely gob-smacked by this idea, it had never occurred to them. I'm sure you can guess what happened next.