What's new

New Book: Scientology - Abuse At The Top

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
This is to announce the upcoming release of a new book by Amy Scobee: "Scientology - Abuse At The Top".

The book will be released on May 9, 2010, the anniversary of the release of the book" "Dianetics The Modern Science of Mental Health".

A copy of what the book cover looks like can be found at:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/27382166/Final-Cover

This book cover was designed by Jeff Hawkins, who has also designed the book cover for Nancy Many's book "My Billion Year Contract" and the cover for my ebook "The Miscavige Legal Statements - A Study in Perjury, Lies and Misdirection".

The book can be ordered at Amy's web site:

http://www.scobeepublishing.com/

Like myself, Amy is a former member of what was called the "Watchdog Committee" which is promoted by organized scientology as being the top management body within organized scientology itself.

Amy served on that committee over different sectors of organized scientology, including over scientology's celebrity centers.

At the top, Amy witnessed many beatings and other abuses by David Miscavige. As well she was a major direct witness to the fact that Miscavige secretly was running organized scientology for years through intimidation and abuse despite his statements under penalty of perjury that he did not.

I worked with Amy more than three years ago to help get the truth out about abuses and organized scientology and know here to be a very good person and a very important source of information on this subject. Many of the stories of abuse that have been released in places like the Saint Petersburg Times were shared by Amy more than three years ago privately to someone else who is soon to be releasing materials about organized scientology. You can read about these and many other such examples of abuse, covert control and the trafficking in humanity in her book.

Amy has been helping the cause for years although most people only know about it from the 2009 SP Times issues.

Amy was one of the people at the top of organized scientology who was not an abusive person but who witnessed first hand many of the very worst abuses carried out in that organization.

I highly recommend reading what Amy has to say. And, here is to this information going out broadly to help people know what is really happening there and to assist ongoing civil and government investigations into these matters.

w<3 and respect to Amy and all others speaking out.

Larry Brennan

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
And may I suggest

Buy it fast, before anything holds it up, gets it pulled - like so many in the past. Support the ones who speak out in this bold way.

Thanks Amy/Larry - Thanks to ALL who have come out before, out now, in the future. :thumbsup: Keep on shouting it out from the rooftops ! :yes:

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Don't know about that...

Cha-ching

Having done a book myself in 2008, I think 'cha-ching' is far from the truth. The time and effort and follow up promotional activities gave me, in terms of income when factored over the time period of writing an so on, was a payment that fell well short of the average Irish minimum wage. On the other hand it was a powerful experience to produce my book, it payed off in terms of wonderful feed back from readers for whom it gave voice to stuff that they could not bring themselves to face up too. It allowed me to find closure on my own experience and to start a new life afresh. I did not, and I know from chats I have had with Amy, that she is not doing it for them money. Her book ads to the growing body of substantive documents that are beginning to form the irrefutable evidence that this tax exempt corporate entity does great damage to the many who naievly support its activities.

Well done Amy.

J.

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
Having done a book myself in 2008, I think 'cha-ching' is far from the truth. The time and effort and follow up promotional activities gave me, in terms of income when factored over the time period of writing an so on, was a payment that fell well short of the average Irish minimum wage. On the other hand it was a powerful experience to produce my book, it payed off in terms of wonderful feed back from readers for whom it gave voice to stuff that they could not bring themselves to face up too. It allowed me to find closure on my own experience and to start a new life afresh. I did not, and I know from chats I have had with Amy, that she is not doing it for them money. Her book ads to the growing body of substantive documents that are beginning to form the irrefutable evidence that this tax exempt corporate entity does great damage to the many who naievly support its activities.

Well done Amy.

J.

Just my gut feeling but I do not think that Amy really has that much to tell but if she does (and we all have our story to tell) it does not seem that this book is her "My Scientology Story". What this book looks to be is a rehash of crap that is already out there like Marty and Mike's stories. I do not know if she is doing it for money or as another blow against the Church or both or whatever but this is one I won't bother ordering and I have all the others - BFG, Duignan, Many, etc, etc.

And this site quotes about $3 to print a book like this so I found her price to be steep.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
And this site quotes about $3 to print a book like this so I found her price to be steep.

I don't know what she is charging, but I imagine the real-life hassle she will receive from the CofS will disrupt her life considerably. I can't see DM taking this one lying down. It's not just a paragraph somewhere about DM abusing his senior staff — it's an entire fricking BOOK on that subject.

Paul

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
I don't know what she is charging, but I imagine the real-life hassle she will receive from the CofS will disrupt her life considerably. I can't see DM taking this one lying down. It's not just a paragraph somewhere about DM abusing his senior staff — it's an entire fricking BOOK on that subject.

Paul

That would be playing right into Amy et al's hands. Streisand effect. And I imagine that might well be the plan.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
And to you too, John

Well done Amy.

J.

I just finished your book, J-Anchovie, and it is outstanding. Harder than heck to find/get too - at least here.

I have found, that if I don't buy these books RIGHT AWAY, they disappear - very fast (chicken shit sellers). Then you really have to go after them, searching, and you pay lots more - to some other entity than the author(s).

Snatch them up, fast, buy for and recommend to others - or pass them on. Keep theses books out there - and available for those who come in late to the 'discussion'.

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
Just my gut feeling but I do not think that Amy really has that much to tell but if she does (and we all have our story to tell) it does not seem that this book is her "My Scientology Story". What this book looks to be is a rehash of crap that is already out there like Marty and Mike's stories. I do not know if she is doing it for money or as another blow against the Church or both or whatever but this is one I won't bother ordering and I have all the others - BFG, Duignan, Many, etc, etc.

While I respect your right to have an opinion, I find it interesting that you have made three negative posts about Amy's new book in this, so far, short string.

I find it even more interesting since you really have no idea what you are talking about with respect this matter.

For example, Amy has very important information that should be shared with anyone who truly cares about ending huge abuses. And not just beatings, but many, many different types of human rights abuses including false imprisionment right here in the good ole USA.

People are being horribly abused, families destroyed and worse and you consider all that information "crap"?

I know all the people you mention above and greatly respect what Nancy, John and Marc have done in the publication of their books in order to get the truth out. And I know for a first hand fact (having read all those books and knowing for some years now what Amy has to say) that she has much important and unique information despite your statements above.

I got news for you. This and much more information is coming out. And it will continue to come out whether or not you have a problem with it or wish to try to minimize its importance. The public needs to know of horrible abuses happening now as do government prosecutors and other agencies that might want to investigate such matters.

What Amy has to say, even if it were similar to or otherwise reaffirming what others have said, is very, very important to the exposure and ultimate civil and criminal prosecution of those who carry out such abuses.

Why is it important? Well check out this old post of mine from about two years ago: http://tinyurl.com/4hf3v3

At the end of that post, in talking about information like Amy exposes, I said the following:

"....Obviously the real horror of the physical abuses by Miscavige is in
what he has personally done to hurt so many people and their loved
ones.

However, I would like to point out that there is even a bigger
"horror" to himself that will be found in all this by Miscavige.
In numerous filings with the IRS and in a number of court actions
Miscavige has made statements that he did not control "the church",
the very corporations and organizations in which those he has beaten
reside. One HUGE reason for the "corporate sortout" starting in 1981
was to hide Miscavige's (and then Hubbard's) controls of organized
scientology behind countless corporate veils.

However, Miscavige's uncontrolled barbarity in beating all these top
executives from various scientology corporations and then running them
helps prove that he has IMHO committed legal perjury in courts and
with the IRS. He has proven himself to be a liar here and with people
speaking out with the truth like Jeff has here, more and more evidence
is being made available.

No matter how small or big the example, it is good for people to step
up to the plate and list what they know and what they can testify
about. For I do believe that time is coming".

So Disinfected if you have problem with this information coming out I suggest you get over it and brace for MANY more such problems as you ain't seen nothing yet.

More are speaking out. That is good, not bad. And it will be even better when a few hundred more step up to the plate and tell the truth to the public, the FBI, the IRS, the Dept of Justice, civil court justices, writers and anyone else who should be doing something to stand up for or speak out on behalf of those being abused.

The truth is coming out and the abuses are going to end and there is nothing that organized scientology, or those who speak for them, will be able to do about it IMHO.

Here is to great justice! May it happen here!

Disinfected

Patron Meritorious
While I respect your right to have an opinion, I find it interesting that you have made three negative posts about Amy's new book in this, so far, short string.

I always love how people announce what they are about to do. As in "I don't mean to interrupt . . ." then interrupt or "I don't mean to find fault . . ." then find fault. People who really respect my right to have an opinion can counter it without the passive-aggressive innuendo of "finding it interesting that . . ." Oh, and actually only two of the three posts were negative :)

I find it even more interesting since you really have no idea what you are talking about with respect this matter.

See above. I said it was just my gut feeling.

snip

So Disinfected if you have problem with this information coming out I suggest you get over it and brace for MANY more such problems as you ain't seen nothing yet.

See above. And nothing of what I said had anything to do with not wanting more information to come out. I just said I was not interested in a rehash of what is already out there.

Cheers

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors

LOL

For whatever it's worth I just suggest you give the benefit of the doubt to people speaking out and actually doing something about the abuses and not have to make postings giving negative feelings about what they are doing, especially when you yourself know you are just guessing.

Whatever, you certainly are entitled to your views but honestly why bother putting down people trying to speak out about abuses? Many people have a lot to confront in order to speak out and may have a lot to lose but they have the courage to speak out anyway. I say encourage them.

Just an opinion, nothing more.

OldAuditor

Patron with Honors
Go Amy!

I ordered my copy.

It is worth every penny to see more truth being published.

David St Lawrence
aka: Old Auditor