What's new

Trigger phrases that STILL freak us out

SaguaroRose

Patron with Honors
How about the name Hubbard?!!
I was watching my friends bowl last night and was noticing the names of the bowlers in the adjacent lanes pop up on the screen when it was their time to bowl. There were two bowlers with the last name Hubbard. I couldn't help but think of "you-know-who". Also, in my home town there is a street named Hubbard. Every time I see that name I can't help but think of what the name has meant to me since 1976. The turd still hasn't washed off!

:lol:
Same with me! I still can't eat a hubbard squash! :grouch:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I don't want anyone to think I don't care about what still freaks them out, because I do and I know what it's like to get that freaking thing going on when the terms are heard. That said, I have to admit that I love this thread.

Why? Well, from it I have learned that I have overcome alot of the effect those terms had on me, what used to freak me out or trigger a stressful reaction in me. At one point, I did not think I would ever be able to overcome the knee-jerk reactions those words and terms had on me but I think I have and I give credit to everyone who has ever helped expose scientology in their own way. Reading this thread and all the posted 'buttons' proved that to me, personally, that there is hope for everyone to be free of scientology. The more one reads and learns, the more freedom we gain. Arnie Lerma was so right when he called the internet The Liberty Tree.

((HUGGS)) to you all.

Mary McConnell

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
The ones that got/get me are "just disagree with the physical universe" usually followed-up with "make it go right."

The last usually from a senior to whom you've taken an (seemingly) unsolvable problem, who looks it over and has nothing useful to advise.:duh:

Jack

Interesting! Try this: "He expressed extreme disagreement with the physical universe, but, he did so in a fashion that was out gradient, and received a severe reality adjustment." Translation ... He drove like a maniac on an icy road and drove his car into a telphone pole. His car got the worst of it.

Try this: "Flowing me power will keep your lines free of MEST and keep your ethics clean." Translation ... have a check cut by 2pm Thursday or I will find a way of sending you to ethics and you will be in a world of shit.

Translating Scilonspeak into English ... could be as much fun as what Bill Maher used to do on his show ... that is, translate rap lyrics into whitespeak.

Pete

I was thinking of similar.

As a kid I tried desperately to "disagree" with the physical universe. I found out the hard way, I can't walk thru walls or closed doors without first opening them.

Also, being hypoglycemic, I've learned the hard way, I can't go without food without having direct contact with the floor, as in, I faint.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just remembered one: Do you have a missed withhold?

I think if anyone were to ask me that question at this point, I'd have to shoot them.

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
"You pulled it in" or "What did you do to pull THAT in!?!?" I still hear those from my ex. I thought I had gotten over the whole "Where are your stats?" BS, but I finally realized a a couple nights ago that the reason I was usually getting less than an hour of sleep before my twice-weekly job club and just muffing my reports (we report all contacts, leads, applications, etc.) and often UNDERreporting what I did (terror of FALSE REPORTING) was that whole "Where/what are your stats?" have been in trigger-mania. Still evolving....

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
clamicide;380722 ... thought I had gotten over the whole "Where are your stats?" BS said:
I can really understand your stress on this because so much pressure brought down on staff when it came to stats and for those who were SO or Org staff, this was a seemingly never ending recycling of that pressure. Some jobs were more difficult, stat wise, than others. The pressure to perform all the duties of the job and and be given impossible quotas is something I saw time and again and it was just downright oppressive. Many public had no idea why staff were so overwhelmed but I did, as I'd been on staff and saw the stat push pushed on staff.

I do hope you find a way to get more sleep and not be so cautious on the stats because that is what kept staff members locked into the oppression.

best wishes,

Mary McConnell
http://www.scribd.com/users/AnonyMary/document_collections

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Demo Kit

"The demo kit conditions the user to become adept at assigning meaning to bits of rubbish"

CLAY DEMO! I always fucking hated doing those god-damned things. STUPID and pointless and a waste of time! I'm not that stupid where I couldn't grasp simple concepts by just reading about them. :grouch:

XSO

Patron
Not sure if it was mentioned yet - but my beef lies with "Total Freedom" - WTF is it? I thought it meant to live without a body being able to control MEST. But I don't think the term is defined anywhere - its just the ambiguous dream you're repeatedly being indoctrinated with.

Now I know better. Total Freedom is leaving Scn.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Another one:

Tone scale references. Now, I'll admit, I actually LIKE the tone scale- and I know not everyone's going to jibe with me on that one. BUT all the same, the way it's used by Scn'ists against other ones is pretty damn fucked up.

"1.1" seems to be an all time favorite. I was once at an event filling out one of those damn surveys, I will in line, actually, waiting to enter the auditorium. Now, even as a churchie, I didn't like those surveys. I knew that their purpose was to put people on a phone and mailing list so I used to edit them. I'd put my mailing address c/o the org, I'd leave stuff out, etc. That way I didn't have anyone bugging me as to "why didn't you fill out the survey". So I was doing that, and I wrote "not relevant" on one line and the person behind me (reading over my shoulder- yeesh!) said "Oh, 1.1?" Ok, so what kind of dumbass assclown reads over someone's shoulder and then makes a stupidass remark like that- plus that wouldn't even BE "1.1" behavior. But point is, I saw stuff like that, and of course, I've seen OSA types on Beliefnet accuse ex members of being 1.1. Cuz if you're open or nice or anything, it can't be real cuz you're actually just an SP liar-- so you've GOT to be 1.1, according to them.

Good twin

Floater
Another one:

Tone scale references. Now, I'll admit, I actually LIKE the tone scale- and I know not everyone's going to jibe with me on that one. BUT all the same, the way it's used by Scn'ists against other ones is pretty damn fucked up.

"1.1" seems to be an all time favorite. I was once at an event filling out one of those damn surveys, I will in line, actually, waiting to enter the auditorium. Now, even as a churchie, I didn't like those surveys. I knew that their purpose was to put people on a phone and mailing list so I used to edit them. I'd put my mailing address c/o the org, I'd leave stuff out, etc. That way I didn't have anyone bugging me as to "why didn't you fill out the survey". So I was doing that, and I wrote "not relevant" on one line and the person behind me (reading over my shoulder- yeesh!) said "Oh, 1.1?" Ok, so what kind of dumbass assclown reads over someone's shoulder and then makes a stupidass remark like that- plus that wouldn't even BE "1.1" behavior. But point is, I saw stuff like that, and of course, I've seen OSA types on Beliefnet accuse ex members of being 1.1. Cuz if you're open or nice or anything, it can't be real cuz you're actually just an SP liar-- so you've GOT to be 1.1, according to them.

I heard several Scientologist say that Barney the Dinosaur was 1.1. :wtf:

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
"1.1" seems to be an all time favorite.

One of my other favorites was assuming anyone into kink was 1.1. An example would be BDSM. Not everyone into the SM part of that did it out of hostility (for some people, it's just necessary body stimulation and not about an emotional tone per se). Even those who did, it wasn't covert and thus not 1.1.

AnonKat

Crusader
Not sure if it was mentioned yet - but my beef lies with "Total Freedom" - WTF is it? I thought it meant to live without a body being able to control MEST. But I don't think the term is defined anywhere - its just the ambiguous dream you're repeatedly being indoctrinated with.

Now I know better. Total Freedom is leaving Scn.

This calles for a qoute:

Anne Morrow Lindbergh:

"Him that I love, I wish to be free -- even from me."

AnonKat

Crusader
I am beginning to distrust things when people use the word happiness:

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn:

"One should never direct people towards happiness, because happiness too is an idol of the market-place. One should direct them towards mutual affection. A beast gnawing at its prey can be happy too, but only human beings can feel affection for each other, and this is the highest achievement they can aspire to."

Kutta

Silver Meritorious Patron
Even after almost 30 years out, I have found myself, on occasions when someone seemed especially critical of me, thinking "What have you done to me that motivates you to make me wrong in order to justify yourself". I know this comes from scientology think. It bothers me that the thought comes to me, but I can't shake it cos it seems like it might actually be true. On the other hand it could be that I think it to justify myself for whatever I am being criticized for. Oh, dear! What a tangle.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Even after almost 30 years out, I have found myself, on occasions when someone seemed especially critical of me, thinking "What have you done to me that motivates you to make me wrong in order to justify yourself". I know this comes from scientology think. It bothers me that the thought comes to me, but I can't shake it cos it seems like it might actually be true. On the other hand it could be that I think it to justify myself for whatever I am being criticized for. Oh, dear! What a tangle.

My goodness, Kutta. Shake that curse!