What's new

Oz ABC Four Corners on Scientology March 8

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
And thank-you so much, Liz, James and Jordi. Putting your personal pain on the line like that must not have been easy. You did a brilliant job and I am sure the Aussie politicians will have to sit up and listen. May your actions prevent other families going through the same hell in the future. :bighug:

Thanks Kooka ... true emotion is a powerful tool ... we wanted to make a difference and we hope that we have.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well done to everyone involved in the making of this documentary! Your courage is an inspiration to us all.

:thankyou:

Just when you start thinking that things couldn’t get any worse for the cult…

This was an exceptionally well-made documentary, and in typical Aussie fashion didn’t pull any punches. I cannot see that the CoS can have any cause for complaint, the evidence is plain to see.

Even though many of the details aren’t new to me, the personal stories of parents being separated from children was heart-wrenching. I doubt that any sane person could see and hear the personal testimonies without seeing the truth in them and the lies in the cult’s denials issuing from their spokespiece.

I know that Tommy-bashing is all too easy and he has an impossible job, but really, he has no credibility at all now. He contradicts himself in several places (e.g. he denies that the SO recruits children and then a few seconds later admits that children do join) and is generally evasive and insincere.

What has started in Australia will ripple around the world. The truth about this cult can no longer be hidden.

Axiom142

FoTi

Crusader
Thanks everyone for all the love and support. The Anderson's are so pleased to have been part of the ABC 4 Corners doco. We were amongst quality people and of the crew from 4 Corners were just marvellous to work with so big hats off to them too.:yes::yes:

The link below is the Sydney Morning Herald article regarding last night's show.:thumbsup:

Also my mum said that the little ol Border Morning Mail in Albury had an article this morning. So there you have, it's even made it to my home town and of course Wayne Peachey's. Gotta love that.:thumbsup:

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...tology-accusations-exposed-20100308-pstj.html

Love and again thanks to all.
Liz, James and Jordi

I hope that the Senate decides to do the inquiries and that Fiona will be home safe with you all very soon.

Sandie

Patron with Honors
A huge Thank you to Four Corners and all who particapated

Tommy Davis sure does not know much!!!!!.....how many times did he say "I dont know? They sure dont train them well anymore, do they?::whistling:

A Huge Thank you to all who took part in this:rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::rose::

I sincerely wish that all the children, of those in this presentation, as well as others all over the world being held in the SO, are one day returned to their parents!!!!!!
:bigcry:

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is it true that you've hired a private investigator?

"I don't know how to answer that."

But I do Tommy...........

Tommy.jpg

I wish someone in the US would have the balls to do a program like this.

Well done to every one involved.

Happy Days

4 Corners stats

I've just been informed by the ABC that there were 1,000,000 viewers in Oz and that is up from their average of 750,000 in addition the online viewing from the UK and USA went into overdrive. :thumbsup:

Well my friends we have disseminated broadly, again thanks to you all and to the great team at 4 Corners. :yes::yes:

MMMMM I smell Senate Inquiry coming on.... :happydance:

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've just been informed by the ABC that there were 1,000,000 viewers in Oz and that is up from their average of 750,000 in addition the online viewing from the UK and USA went into overdrive. :thumbsup:

Well my friends we have disseminated broadly, again thanks to you all and to the great team at 4 Corners. :yes::yes:

I am on sensory over-load here and all I can smell is gun-powder...but wait, yes what is that other delicious smell...

Happy Days, you are magnificent! :yes:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator

OH

MY

GOD

These aren't just viewers. These are the upper middle class of Australia who wouldn't watch anything else but the ABC for news or Current Affairs. This is a completely different demographic to Today Tonight (God bless you Bryan).

And they all watched and told their friends to watch.

This is wonderful news Liz. Thank you for everything you've done.

Carmel

Crusader
I was with some work associates this morning (never scios), and when I arrived the first thing they mentioned was the 4 corners doco.

It really impinged on them. I just listened to what they had to say. Then I asked them what they thought of Tommy Davis......Crikey, I got a barrage of response. Two of the guys were quite passionate about how it was obvious he was bullshitting, and how "it was so rehearsed, it was a fucking joke". They must have gone on about Tommy for five minutes, while I just kept my mouth shut.

These guys know me pretty well, so they know about the Inquiry an' all, but have never really given an opinion that it should go ahead. Today, they brought it up that the Inquiry *should* go ahead, and that "those stinkin' pollies can't weasel their way out of this one".

Anyways, only a bunch of blokes, but smart blokes, and I took their reaction to the pgm, as one which many "outsiders" would have. For me it confirmed what I already thought, but it was pleasing to have that confirmation.

OHTEEATE

on line

I just watched the Four Corners episode online, and put links on Facebook to all my friends. It was AWESOME!!!!!! Everyone who was interviewed was GREAT! I cried with all you guys. Disconnection, coerced abortions, families torn apart, RPF human rights abuses, Sea Org crazy schedules, etc. has come to the light of day. Halleluyah!:happydance:

Aerial

Patron with Honors
I'm thrilled 4corners did this story, because now I see the subject talked about in other sections of the media and by us ordinary folk in the workplace.

Channel 7's Sunrise even mentioned it this morning.......:thumbsup:

Congratulations to all involved. You are brilliant!

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious

OSA is having quite a week!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/921/intslap2.gif

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
I've just watched the doco ..... what a fantastic achievement. It made me cry to see Liz talk about her beautiful Fiona; you were so real, Liz. It was fabulously edited and cut right to the quick.

Great to see Joe Reiach again! He was on lines in Sydney when I was there, and I remember them all treating him like a bloody super star. Steve Stevens was constantly sniffing around and tried to get Joe to bring the whole lot of the Roosters on lines! So sorry to hear about his kids, though. Joe was a neat guy.

Oh dear, Tommy. Oh dear. What a slime-ball.

Happy Days

I've just watched the doco ..... what a fantastic achievement. It made me cry to see Liz talk about her beautiful Fiona; you were so real, Liz. It was fabulously edited and cut right to the quick.

Great to see Joe Reiach again! He was on lines in Sydney when I was there, and I remember them all treating him like a bloody super star. Steve Stevens was constantly sniffing around and tried to get Joe to bring the whole lot of the Roosters on lines! So sorry to hear about his kids, though. Joe was a neat guy.

Oh dear, Tommy. Oh dear. What a slime-ball.

Thank you so much the feedback we are getting is so positive and supportive that we are truly grateful to be surrounded by family, friends, work colleagues both past and present and all who are on this and other boards, Facebooks et al.

Who actually give a damn about what's happening and are saying enough we will not tolerate it any longer.

What a great team effort...:thumbsup:

Patricia Curtis

Patron with Honors
Quintin McDermott and his film crew were at the LA press conference. Delightful man. Kindly understated. There was a lot of film taken that day, as well as the following day at the LA Annonversary II protests. Maybe, just maybe there will be more to this story...?

Kudos to everyone involved in this fantastic documentary!:happydance: