What's new

ABC 4 Corners Quentin McDermott on A Current Affair Tonight

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well Julia is a nice cuddly LIAR.

Truly, and I mean no offence to her, but if that's the best they can come up with in response to the devastating 4 Corners report, then it's almost no fun fighting them any more. They are already defeated.

Even common folk would certainly make note of her cold, calculating demeanor. She acts and sounds like a seasoned criminal defense lawyer whose years of training cloak her clients 'confidential' culpability.

It seems that the original story had so much impact that it was considered important to re-present a lot of it and to interview one of the reporters. Quite unusual, It looks like the Aussie media is shocked by the cuilt of Scientology and want to let the whole world know about their slave labor camps, forced abortions, brainwashing, extortion, fraud, and other crimes.

And I have cognited that just as "can't hide"is lower on the "tone-scale", than "hide", "can't attack" is lower on the PR handling tone scale than "attack". OSA has gone down the scale from "always attack" to "can't attacK" as seen in Julia Hargreaves' performance and Tommy Davis'
performance.

OSA, what is wrong with you. It is way way below the SPs tone level!! You are driving the audience opinion of you downtone!!!!

Both Julia and Tommy looked so insipid and incompetent "not knowing about" all sorts of things....THEY should control the knowingness, not just grant beingness for wogs and SPs to be the ones who know. I do understand that "always attack" has FAILED, but you are not supposed to allow yourself to believe that, because that INVALIDATES RON'S TECH.

OSA, you are committing OVERTS! Waiting for thetans with NO ETHICS PRESENCE AT ALL. like tommy and julia to handle the SPs is a fucking overt!!! ANd you know it!!!. What are you trying to do to the Church of Scientology? Your stats are way below treason and DOWNTRENDING!!!!!!! Handle it now!!!! You have not found the real WHY and you have not found the real WHO!! Hint.....think interior.

Maybe she drilled a whole day for this?

If she did, she sucks. Totally, and utterly, UNCONVINCING. Using a "she sort of looks ok Grandmother type" as a spokesperson is yet another cynical move by the CoS. The funny part is that the CoS thinks this brazen lying works.... It doesn't. My Bullshit radar was going crazy, as I'm sure it was for most viewers in Oz. But there is just one question that journalists need to ask, right at the beginning of the interview, and I wish they did. Namely...

"In one of his policies, Hubbard wrote that it is ok to lie to the enemies of the Church. Seeing as the media has always been considered an enemy by the CoS, how do you expect anyone listening to believe ANYTHING you, or the Church, say?"

or, the more brutal

"Are you lying?" This will produce an indignant <No> as a response, which could then be followed up by the obvious "Is that a lie?" The CoS needs to be called out, openly and REPEATEDLY, regarding their dishonesty. And when they are caught in a lie, like Tommy Davis, it should be brought up. On Nightline, Disconnection no longer exists. And on Monday in Oz, he doesn't mention disconnection by name, but the practice exists so that the church can "protect itself." What the fuck does that mean?

It's only Tuesday and the there have been 3 wins in a row... NY Times, Monday doc, Tuesday follow-up. I don't know how much better this week can get! Now when is the decision on the inquiry going to be made? And will they stream the vote live?

Carmel

Crusader
<snip>

It's only Tuesday and the there have been 3 wins in a row... NY Times, Monday doc, Tuesday follow-up. I don't know how much better this week can get! Now when is the decision on the inquiry going to be made? And will they stream the vote live?
It can get better, and it *will* tomorrow (the aussie tomorrow), so stay tuned in. :happydance:

Yep, we can watch Parliament live, not sure about "streaming" though...someone here will know.

The vote has been postponed till the 18th.

He-man

Hero extraordinary
O M G what a comical punchline!

"Probably less then 2.5% of the total church population."

:eyeroll:

Michel

Patron with Honors
Julia cracked us up.

"A lot of people leave the church" No shit Julia.

Only 2.5% are suing us, er that would be 250,000 or 900 depending on who's figures you use on how many Scios there are, serious, is it that out of favour?

She lied through her teeth on the leaving sec check, the health care and the abortion and pay issues.

Can we see your group certificate there Julia?

It's true Feral! It's groos! They lied all the way! And Tommy is pathetic...I met him during my second EPF....he was eating beans and rice everyday, washing our clothes, doing the worst MEST work, doing hours of pumps up...because he fucked up with a "VIP". Such a looser!

Michel.

byte301

Crusader
It's true Feral! It's groos! They lied all the way! And Tommy is pathetic...I met him during my second EPF....he was eating beans and rice everyday, washing our clothes, doing the worst MEST work, doing hours of pumps up...because he fucked up with a "VIP". Such a looser!

Michel.

You mean he wasn't enjoying his religious retreat? :D

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
O M G what a comical punchline!

"Probably less then 2.5% of the total church population."

:eyeroll:

Over on the wiki on WWP the list of ex-scientologists who have spoken out contains nearly 1,000 names.

Let's just say that 2.5% is an SP, than the total population is 40,000... :D

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
I thought the first part of the show was a very good summary and review of the Four Corners program.

Although we normally make allowances for older people and give them some degree of deference, I did not find Julia Hargrave to be effective at all.

Consensus

Patron with Honors
It can get better, and it *will* tomorrow (the aussie tomorrow), so stay tuned in. :happydance:

Yep, we can watch Parliament live, not sure about "streaming" though...someone here will know.

I saw Parliament live once... it was pretty awesome. Dude behind me was passin' 'round a joint. Awesome party atmosphere.

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron

It can get better! :yes:

That's 8 days to count down.

Count-down man?

You wanna do one of your wonderful count-down things?

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was kinda hoping you'd take over that hat, Sally.
I've been blessed with an assignment to a Religious Retreat, Mrs P's homegrown RPF. :)

And your full CSW for slinking off on some luxurious religious retreat to reflect on harmonious issues and naval gaze can be found where? :)

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
I didn't ask for it, I was assigned it by my immediate Senior; She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed!

Bugger!

Give my best wishes to She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed and tell her from me, I like her style! :D

What colour jumpsuit has she got you wearing?

Enjoy your religious retreat (RPF)! :)

FlunkedForLaughing

Patron with Honors
Julia Hargreaves rocks! She's as bad ad Tommy Davis. Hip Hip Horaaaay! :thumbsup:

After a while, it really stood out the way she started every response with "That is a lie ... ".

This was a good summary of the 4 Corners show. I saw it last night online. I was so excited I couldn't sleep. Finally the terrible truth of the cult is getting exposed. It can only gain more momentum from here.

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
BTW, many Aussies here know Julia well.
She's not a bad person, she's a good person doing a bad job.

Yes, she was a great auditor and a very kind person, I've had many a session with her. She is not a PR person it was quite evident and I sure she felt she was violating her integrity on National TV.

She's trapped like so many others and she cannot see the bright light at the very long tunnel she's in.

We who have had a sec check and tailor made 2D sec check know about sex with animals questions. She know that we know ...