What's new

Bad news re Inquiry at *this* stage. It's off.

Carmel

Crusader
It has been established in the Senate today, that there won't *be* a vote, because both the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition won't budge on their stance re an Inquiry not being warranted.

It is/has been debated in the Senate today. Is anyone able to get footage of what went down? If not, we can get the Hansard.

This doesn't close the door. Because there won't be a vote at this time, it doesn't mean that we can't go back to the drawing boards and give them more reason to have an Inquiry, and/or challenge them on their lack of balls.

We're not giving up this end. There's a global effort at this time, and each milestone helps the next. This is infuriating, but at the same time, it gives the impetus to step up. This one won't be shoved under the carpet this easily. We have allies on the outside now, we'll use them.

Last edited:

Michel

Patron with Honors
It has been established in the Senate today, that there won't *be* a vote, because both the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition won't budge on their stance re an Inquiry not being warranted.

It is/has been debated in the Senate today. Is anyone able to get footage of what went down? If not, we can get the Hansard.

This doesn't close the door. Because there won't be a vote at this time, it doesn't mean that we can't go back to the drawing boards and give them more reason to have an Inquiry, and/or challenge them on their lack of balls.

We're not giving up this end. There's a global effort at this time, and each milestone helps the next. This is infuriating, but at the same times, it gives the impetus to step up. This one won't be shoved under the carpet this easily. We have allies on the outside now, we'll use them.

Great Carmel,

Let's keep going mate. You have my full support on this. Australia should be the first continent Scientology free.:happydance:

Michel.

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
:ohmy: Rats.

Yay! :thumbsup:

We're not giving up this end. There's a global effort at this time, and each milestone helps the next. This is infuriating, but at the same time, it gives the impetus to step up. This one won't be shoved under the carpet this easily. We have allies on the outside now, we'll use them.
Yay! :thumbsup:

My message to Parliament:
What did that say? Huh? :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQTHz2OZqBU

Feral

Rogue male
Though I'm disappointed it really means that the media, Anons and EXes are going to pour the heat on the CofS to near breaking point until it goes our way.

If OSA is celebrating now, well, they won't be in the next month when they realize just what this means.

More and more allegations and charges will ensue, even the most blinded CofS supporter will begin to discover the truth and leave, either that or become a recognised enabler of criminal activities.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well this just sucks. My counselor told me today that she saw the interview from the NY Times on MSNBC. The discontent with Scn is going mainstream. Australia should be the first to make the CofS bend over and take it.

Div6

Crusader
No matter what the immediate outcome, you Aussies have achieved world wide exposure of the crimes and duplicity of the CoS, beyond anything I ever imagined. And while I know that many are bound to this pretty tightly emotionally, please don't take any losses. It took decades for the Catholic Church to come out of denial about its pedophilia problem, and institute reforms...(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_sex_abuse_cases for more info). You have heightened world wide awareness of similar issues in the CoS in just under a year!

No one is heading for the gates on this one....there WILL be justice for Edward McBride, and all of the others. I know Senator Xenophon will not rest until he has some satisfaction.

Bless you all, and remember to flourish and prosper!

Doom

Lurking.
I agree with the Midget King

Feral is so right, we are just going to Keep the heat up and keep the truth out there.
They will not stand a chance with the constant :shithitfan: I feel just a little bit sorry for the OSA staff,
as the inquiry would have been easier on them now they have to Deal with all of us (Anons, Exes and critics).
Just too bad that the Only Politician with a spine is Senator X.

byte301

Crusader
It's just a bump in the road. I don't think there's any way to stop the momentum now.

I hope those senators realize that they now appear to be cowards to a lot of people.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
SUGGESTION

I have a suggestion...

(Background) In the 70's, as a staffer, we would periodically receive a request to write to some head of state somewhere complaining about a human rights complaint, or a psychiatric procedure being 'allowed', or whatever. We never questioned it: we were told it was a global scientology response and each one of us had to write a letter around a basic format, or else (we all know the 'or else'). :angry:

It occurred to me to use the same venue with the Australian Parliament. Why not get the email addy's or snail mail addresses of the PM and the Opposition (if their parliamentary format is the same as in Canada). Then every X on the planet can deluge them with thousands and thousands of statements about each of our dealings with the clams. We can state that we are foreigners, but still, citizens and family of the global village and the we not only think but know that scio is nothing but a sci-fi type so called healing and corrupt syndicate. :thumbsup:

Who knows? Maybe it will work as it did in the 70's? :confused2: :happydance: :thumbsup:

greebly

Patron with Honors
How many senate votes did they need to get or do they have?

Then the public can focus thier attention onto ones who are unsure and may not follow party lines much like the US senate.