What's new

COGNITION

Ridge

Patron
My Aiengrish velly goot see I college Uriversity Qualeeflolia with no any some at all none mash crognishun elase diarretics and no implrant.

Hey Mystic how are you my old friend? :D
I supposed that you'll answer my question. For that reason I put that last lines in my question up here.
I'm glad that you recognized your self! Hubbard Bless You ;)

Ridge

Patron
Okay, here's some more response.

And I want regular reports on your auditing, which should be at least 5 days a week. (Outside the C of S, I audited, on average 6 or 7 days a week.)

Probably any uncovering of previously buried mental content would amount to a revelation, or "cognition." (Known before Dianetics as 'Abreaction'.)

In 'Book One', as I recall, "reduction" (or some such) of the engram was emphasized, with the engram or secondary engram being re-filed in the analytical mind from its previous place in the reactive mind - having been refiled in the analytical mind, it would no longer have power over the person.

Later, meters were used, and eventually "FNs" became important. Somewhere around the 1960s (See 1963 'Time Track' Bulletins), then - if you can find it - the 1968 through mid 1970s 'Hubbard Standard Dianetics Course' Pack. Easier to find would be a copy of the now out of print book, 'Dianetics Today', which is a pretty good representation of pre-NED (1978/79) Dianetics, and includes a bunch of Dianetic sessions in the back, as C/Sed by Hubbard.

By that time, the EP was FN, Cog, VGIs. (And it was a given that any "postulate" or "computation" would also have lost its power over the person, since that would be included in the cognition, naturally.)

Then, with New Era Dianetics, the idea that one should get the "postulate off" was added. So, a person has the EP of a Dianetic session, has an FN, cog, and VGIs, and extroverts, coming essentially out of session, and then, if the DN auditor decides that the "postulate" has not been "gotten off," the person is (as I recall from reading the materials) asked for the "postulate." What that achieves, I'm not sure, as the person would likely no longer be in session (looking inward at his DN case), and would, then, have to come up with (probably on a "think, think" level) an acceptable "postulate." And this - speculating, since I haven't used circa 1979 NED - would probably cause the FN (especially the "3 sweeps" version) to disappear - unless the person were a super well adjusted "smooth ball bearing"-type Scientologist who's always delighted no matter what.

So, the subject of DN changed over time, and, IMO, became top heavy with complexity by 1978, when Hubbard gave directions to his assistants to re-write the DN course, and began to push the idea of "Dianetic Clear" (Keyed out Clear, or just keyed-out on DN became "Clear," where previously "keyed out Clear" was not regarded as real "Clear.") with Hubbard's motivation for pushing DN Clear - according to former C/S International David Mayo - having to do with "PR and marketing."

Since the earlier unchanged DN bulletins disappeared, most post-1978/79 Scientologists don't know about the changes and just accept NED as the final word.

Suggest reading the 2 (I think there are 2) 1963 'Time Track' Bulletins, and getting a copy of 'DN Today'. Look on E-Bay, or in used book stores.

Reason: Hubbard was slightly less wacky before the 1977 FBI raids, and his 2nd (or 3rd?) nervous breakdown, than after.

Does that help?

Wreally, wreally help me! Thank you so much Veda. I will look at that bulletins and I will tell you about my progression!

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
In other words ... if you know that you are Trouble than OK ... you probably know what TrobleMan actually looks like.
Looks Like PRESENT TIME NOTHING!

Is that you Russian girl/Firedragon?

Ridge ... your engleeeeesh has taken a definite turn for the worse ... I have no idea what you just tried to say (which is a shame as I bet it was ever so clever).

:roflmao:

Ridge ... you do know that we can look at your previous posts dontcha?

Ridge

Patron
Is that you Russian girl/Firedragon?

Ridge ... your engleeeeesh has taken a definite turn for the worse ... I have no idea what you just tried to say (which is a shame as I bet it was ever so clever).

:roflmao:

Ridge ... you do know that we can look at your previous posts dontcha?

How can Scientology help you if you can't Understand? Scientology is for human beings!
That is why you are EX-scientologist...