What's new

Mike Rinder to give first interview to BBC!

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Anderson Cooper just verified on his TV show a few minutes ago that the reason that Mike Rinder refused to come onto his show is because he had already had promised his first interview to the BBC.

It sounds like after his BBC interview that he may come back and do a show on Anderson Cooper 360.

Anyways, this should be huge, and I hope Rinder continues to do media interviews.

Anderson Cooper just verified on his TV show a few minutes ago that the reason that Mike Rinder refused to come onto his show is because he had already had promised his first interview to the BBC.

It sounds like after his BBC interview that he may come back and do a show on Anderson Cooper 360.

Anyways, this should be huge, and I hope Rinder continues to do media interviews.

I'll believe it when I see it though. *When* Rinder's first interview happens might be a loooong way from now, if ever. Sounds like he could be asked some difficult questions about his own crimes? and needed a plausible reason to refuse AC. Although Ratty's got titanium balls and is on a bit of a tightrope in his interviews. If COS gives out any really juicy dirt on ratty, both ratty and the COS would collapse together methinks.

Wisened One

Crusader
I know, I just heard that and hubby and I glanced at each other to be sure we heard that right, soooo cool! I can't wait!! I wonder when he's gonna do this? :happydance:

greebly

Patron with Honors
Awaiting the moment Mr. Sweeney sits opposite Mr. Rinder and they discuss the interview from 2007 at TCR.

Only a few weeks to go:)

I respect anyone who speaks out even if some are not as loud as others, but simply being there must help many more do the same now.

Roll on 2010.

Carmel

Crusader
I'll believe it when I see it though. *When* Rinder's first interview happens might be a loooong way from now, if ever. Sounds like he could be asked some difficult questions about his own crimes? and needed a plausible reason to refuse AC. Although Ratty's got titanium balls and is on a bit of a tightrope in his interviews. If COS gives out any really juicy dirt on ratty, both ratty and the COS would collapse together methinks.
At this time I don't see that we have reason to doubt that Rinder does have a committment to the BBC. It's the way the ABC operated here, and of course their documentaries take a few months to put together, as opposed to just a few weeks like the Cooper ones.

New Guy

Patron with Honors
The interview was done in december o9 on his uk trip.
Tommy davis came as well and stayed in the dorchester hotel.
Many anon's think thats a mike on his lapel.
imgp1072n.jpg

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
<snip>
Sounds like he could be asked some difficult questions about his own crimes? and needed a plausible reason to refuse AC.

I don't see how you formulated this conclusion at ALL.
Did you even watch the Anderson Cooper 360 series just completed on scientology?
The only crime that AC questioned the EX'es about was
that of physical violence. If he was on a fishing expedition he had
Marty Rathbun sitting there in front of him who already confessed
to a crime (destroying evidence in the Lisa McPherson case) to the
SP Times.

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
2+2+4

I am putting together these pieces: Sweeney photographed with Amy at Int. Base, photos at her Facebook site. Sweeney works for BBC, did first Panorama episode that set all time ratings records for that program, Sweeney interviewed Rinder at London Org entrance,about DM beating staff,and Rinder vehemently denied it, Rinder and Davis later ambushed Sweeney at his hotel after Midnight in Clearwater after spending the day with my wife and I, who else would Interview Rinder at the BBC? ERGO, Sweeney will interview Rinder in his first interview after leaving as OSA head, CofS spokesman, and it will be EPIC. This after Rinder was ordered to HANDLE SWEENEY and the BBC to NOT SHOW the Panorama episode! ( he wrings his hands slowly indelicious anticipation a bit like Mr.Burns on the Simpsons) forgive me,but is it evil to look forward to this while smiling :pelvic::pelvic:devilishly? I think this might just piss DM off,what do you think? Anderson Cooper indicated Rinder HAD promised first interview to the BBC. CNN will take seconds,gladly. What a year ,and this is just the warm up.These birds got no idea what a real shitstorm is headed their way!

TG1

Angelic Poster
New Guy, when I zoom that photo of Rinder and Rathbun in front of the London Church doors up to 400%, it looks EXACTLY like a mike to me.

I think this could be veeeeery interesting!

TG1

freethinker

Sponsor
You know, it irks me every time I hear that Marty destroyed evidence in the LM case. Can't he be held acountable for that? That evidence could have amounted to murder. There's no statute of limitations on murder. But then the evidence is gone so how could you prove it. But I don't like it at all.
Did you even watch the Anderson Cooper 360 series just completed on scientology?
SP Times.

greebly

Patron with Honors
From my sources I thought he stayed in claridges?
Perhaps he only ate there one night, the atmosphere is not as good as it was in 90s sadly. So he is welcome to it.

SP Times.

Well, seems he has done the interview so I was wrong

there. But without the knowledge of his having already done the interview, it was not strange to wonder if it would be done considering how long he s been lying low. (almost in hiding?)
As for the rest, yes, physical violence was the topic, and it was strictly controlled, and my point (just based on internet reading) is that ratty is willing to get a bit of dirt on his face in his fight against DM. But I always wonder if on other topics they are both willing not to divulge stuff about each other (COS and ratty), because they may be inextricably tied together in some heavy shit. Nothing strange about that.
I can't remember details about rinder, but seem to recall some people have been mightily fucked over by him too. Whatever they accuse the cos of, they were AFAIK the ones who carried it out and even planned some of it.
Most of what ratty says is still in the "acceptable truth" category, albeit "acceptable truth" in crisis mode.
I assume that his buddy rinder will need to manage the media to protect his ass while he squeals, just as much as ratty does.

All good fun. Like have an infestation of snakes in the house and getting some mangy rats in to deal with it. Only referring to those mentioned and not Jeff Hawkins etc, who did a great job.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
You know, it irks me every time I hear that Marty destroyed evidence in the LM case. Can't he be held acountable for that? That evidence could have amounted to murder. There's no statute of limitations on murder. But then the evidence is gone so how could you prove it. But I don't like it at all.

In a recent blog entry, Marty said this (referring to his interview with the SP Times):

"I told them about an illegal act I commited in the McPherson case (which contrary to claims by some, very well could have been prosecuted had the State Attorney had the inclination to)."
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/i-am-no-angel/

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I am putting together these pieces: Sweeney photographed with Amy at Int. Base, photos at her Facebook site. Sweeney works for BBC, did first Panorama episode that set all time ratings records for that program, Sweeney interviewed Rinder at London Org entrance,about DM beating staff,and Rinder vehemently denied it, Rinder and Davis later ambushed Sweeney at his hotel after Midnight in Clearwater after spending the day with my wife and I, who else would Interview Rinder at the BBC? ERGO, Sweeney will interview Rinder in his first interview after leaving as OSA head, CofS spokesman, and it will be EPIC. This after Rinder was ordered to HANDLE SWEENEY and the BBC to NOT SHOW the Panorama episode! ( he wrings his hands slowly indelicious anticipation a bit like Mr.Burns on the Simpsons) forgive me,but is it evil to look forward to this while smiling :pelvic::pelvic:devilishly? I think this might just piss DM off,what do you think? Anderson Cooper indicated Rinder HAD promised first interview to the BBC. CNN will take seconds,gladly. What a year ,and this is just the warm up.These birds got no idea what a real shitstorm is headed their way!

I think "Ostrich Tech" is what is getting them through right now and I doubt that they will change the "successful action" at all. :D

The bits of CNN's story I've seen show just how out of touch they are when it comes to handling media - everything the cult does these days just kills them in the public opinion stakes.:duh:

I think we need to enjoy this while it lasts 'cause it sure ain't gonna last long - we'll need something else to do as the cult will be dead real soon.:yes:

(Waits for cult implosion with baited breath :drama:)

New Guy

Patron with Honors
From my sources I thought he stayed in claridges?
Perhaps he only ate there one night, the atmosphere is not as good as it was in 90s sadly. So he is welcome to it.
You are right it was claridges.
See you on the next raid.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I can't remember details about rinder, but seem to recall some people have been mightily fucked over by him too.

Being that he was the CO OSA INT, he certainly doesn't have clean hands.
And while I would like to see justice for those who were hurt in the past, I am more concerned about stopping the abuses that are still occurring now everyday, and preventing new ones in the future. And if Rathbun and Rinder take action now which puts a stop to the criminality and abuses of the CoS I don't believe they should be given a free pass, but I do believe that it should be taken into consideration when the justice system eventually kicks into gear.