What's new

CNN Anderson Cooper Scn program!

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Orders of Importance

When you think about it, beating people is certainly not the most important story in Scientology. Hubbard is supposed to have punched people more than once.

Disconnection is more important.

Coerced Abortions are more important.

The Lost Workable Tech is more important.

The degraded way people are threatened and regged and coerced is more important.

The brainwashing and hypnotizing (forced viewpoints) is more important.

The non-religious feel and atmosphere is more important.

The Fair Game Policy is more important.

The declaring of anyone and everyone without court or hearing is more important.

The financially ruined lives are more important.

Knowing Scientology became a psychotically run subject is more important.

Knowing Scientology has its own secret "security agency" is more important.

The fact that one is forbidden to LOOK and know for oneself is more important.

Knowing the truth of LRH's background and worship of him is more important.

Anderson Cooper picked the most sensational area to speak of and also probably the most difficult one to prove.

The only good thing about this is that many will be curious enough now to go look on the net, S.O. excluded of course.

The BBC's report will be better by far without any doubt.

Last edited:

SomeGuy

Patron Meritorious
Personally I think the best way to handle Scientology would be to stop feeding it ANY attention whatsoever. LRH says you get what you put your attention on. Do we want more "Church"-based Scientology ??

Hubbard was wrong about a whole lot of things.

Chances are this is yet another one.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
Personally I think the best way to handle Scientology would be to stop feeding it ANY attention whatsoever. LRH says you get what you put your attention on. Do we want more "Church"-based Scientology ??
It attracts attention to itself by it's noisy nuttiness.

olska

When you think about it Beating people is certainly not the most important story in Scientology. Hubbard is supposed to have punched people more than once.

Beating on people, otherwise known as assault, is a felony crime. The repeated commission and cover-up of felony crime -- particularly by those within an organization that CLAIMS to have such a positive effect on society, is legitimate material for investigative journalism.

Disconnection is more important.
Coerced Abortions are more important.
The Lost Workable Tech is more important.
The degraded way people are threatened and regged and coerced is more important.
The brainwashing and hypnotizing (forced viewpoints) is more important.
The non-religious feel and atmosphere is more important.
The Fair Game Policy is more important.
The declaring of anyone and everyone without court or hearing is more important.
The financially ruined lives are more important.
Knowing Scientology became a psychotically run subject is more important.
Knowing Scientology has its own secret "security agency" is more important.
The fact that one is forbidden to LOOK and know for oneself is more important.
Knowing the truth of LRH's background and worship of him is more important.

These may be "more important" to scientologists -- a very small group of people compared to the number of people reached by CNN news shows -- but not "more important" to most CNN viewers, who are not in any way affected by those things you mention above.

All the other "more important" things you listed may be abhorrent to you given your personal ideas of what "scientology" is supposed to be, and to many other people for a wide variety of reasons; but keep in mind that many of those who have been, and still are, involved with scientology CHOSE to submit to these practices rather than walk away, thereby contributing to the continuation of those very practices. Their right to make such choices while following their religious rituals, beliefs, and practices -- is protected under their freedom of religion.

None of the above are felony crimes unless you can prove fraud in regard to the "financially ruined lives." There may be some very good evidence and cases for an accusation of fraud, but afaik none yet proven.

Anderson Cooper picked the most sensational area to speak of and also probably the most difficult one to prove. Typical 1.1 "journalism".

IMO "coerced abortion" is a whole lot more sensational, particularly when it's done by a so-called CHURCH, and particularly in the current political climate where pro-"life" and pro-"choice" factions already have such loud arguments going on. But fact is that in the USA abortion is legal, getting an abortion is not a crime, "suggesting" someone get an abortion is not a crime, and the decision to actually undergo an abortion is, ultimately, the choice of the affected woman.

Did you find Anderson Cooper's coverage of the earthquake in Haiti and resulting devastation to also be "typical 1.1 journalism"?

If not journalists, who do you think is best equipped to investigate, report on and thus bring to our attention the things in the world that we need to know about?

Or should we just go about our personal business and ignore all the unpleasantness of life and hope it will go away because we don't put any attention on it?

Just curious...

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Snapped it swearing on a Bible, maybe.

SIT DOWN BIBLE! I'M GONNA BEAT YOU!

Owwwwwch! DM, Why didn't that work.

DM: "feel my finger?"

Sorry Mr. Rinder.

They didn't mention that touch assists by SCNers miraculously heal all evidence of beatings.

Blue Spirit

You Make Good Points

Beating on people, otherwise known as assault, is a felony crime. The repeated commission and cover-up of felony crime -- particularly by those within an organization that CLAIMS to have such a positive effect on society, is legitimate material for investigative journalism.

These may be "more important" to scientologists -- a very small group of people compared to the number of people reached by CNN news shows -- but not "more important" to most CNN viewers, who are not in any way affected by those things you mention above.

All the other "more important" things you listed may be abhorrent to you given your personal ideas of what "scientology" is supposed to be, and to many other people for a wide variety of reasons; but keep in mind that many of those who have been, and still are, involved with scientology CHOSE to submit to these practices rather than walk away, thereby contributing to the continuation of those very practices. Their right to make such choices while following their religious rituals, beliefs, and practices -- is protected under their freedom of religion.

None of the above are felony crimes unless you can prove fraud in regard to the "financially ruined lives." There may be some very good evidence and cases for an accusation of fraud, but afaik none yet proven.

IMO "coerced abortion" is a whole lot more sensational, particularly when it's done by a so-called CHURCH, and particularly in the current political climate where pro-"life" and pro-"choice" factions already have such loud arguments going on. But fact is that in the USA abortion is legal, getting an abortion is not a crime, "suggesting" someone get an abortion is not a crime, and the decision to actually undergo an abortion is, ultimately, the choice of the affected woman.

Did you find Anderson Cooper's coverage of the earthquake in Haiti and resulting devastation to also be "typical 1.1 journalism"?

If not journalists, who do you think is best equipped to investigate, report on and thus bring to our attention the things in the world that we need to know about?

Or should we just go about our personal business and ignore all the unpleasantness of life and hope it will go away because we don't put any attention on it?

Just curious...

You make a number of good points, and the choices of people without full integrity will perpetuate this game for the foreseeable future.
I'm one of the guilty ones and it has cost me dearly.

As far as A. Cooper, I prefer hard investigative reporting, more like the BBC or
the St.Pete Times.

I wish I'd taken the newspaper out of the box behind Flag when I saw the headline about Lisa McPherson. That would have saved me uncalculatable grief ! :bigcry:

AnonKat

Crusader
You make a number of good points, and the choices of people without full integrity will perpetuate this game for the foreseeable future.
I'm one of the guilty ones and it has cost me dearly.

As far as A. Cooper, I prefer hard investigative reporting, more like the BBC or
the St.Pete Times.

I wish I'd taken the newspaper out of the box behind Flag when I saw the headline about Lisa McPherson. That would have saved me uncalculatable grief ! :bigcry:

Anderson did what he could He got little timeslots because THE WORLD DOES NOT REVOLVE AROUND SCIENTOLOGY

CNN could easily have programmed another subject.

freethinker

Sponsor
Alonzo was right but more specificaly is: HCOB PTSness and DISCONNECTION section titled HOW TO DICONNECT "Example: A pc is connected to a person or group who has been declared suppressive by HCO in a published ethics order. He should disconnect and if he he wants to inform the SP of the fact, he may write a letter of disconnection and the reason for it............ No attempt would be made to establish communication with the declared SP 'to clear matters up' or to seek to reform the SP. The SP's reform is stictly in the hands of HCO. The PTS simply disconnects. To fail or refuse to disconnect from a suppressive person not only denies the PTS case gain, it is supportive of the suppresive
- in itself a suppressive act. And it must be so labled."

HCOPL Suppressive Acts, Supprression of Scientology and Scientologists "Continued adherance to a person or group pronounced a suppressive person or group by HCO."

HCOPL Offeses and Penalties "Continued association with squirrels."

I could swear I remember reading something about disconnection when I was in. . . it's been so long now, but isn't there something in the ethics book or something about handling a suppressive person that says you shouldn't have contact with them etc. . . . and of course the fair game policy. Why were these not referenced? Those things are written. I know that they were "cancelled" for PR reasons, but the fact that they were there at all is actually pretty damning.

-TL

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Alonzo was right but more specificaly is: HCOB PTSness and DISCONNECTION section titled HOW TO DICONNECT "Example: A pc is connected to a person or group who has been declared suppressive by HCO in a published ethics order. He should disconnect and if he he wants to inform the SP of the fact, he may write a letter of disconnection and the reason for it............ No attempt would be made to establish communication with the declared SP 'to clear matters up' or to seek to reform the SP. The SP's reform is stictly in the hands of HCO. The PTS simply disconnects. To fail or refuse to disconnect from a suppressive person not only denies the PTS case gain, it is supportive of the suppresive

HCOPL Suppressive Acts, Supprression of Scientology and Scientologists "Continued adherance to a person or group pronounced a suppressive person or group by HCO."

Yes -- that is what I remember reading. It looks to me like you don't even have to know Scientologese to understand what's being said there.

That just has to come up in an interview sooner or later. I want to see Tommy Davis or somebody explain that after they've just asserted that disconnection is not part of church doctrine.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

True, but the reason I use the Suppressive Acts PL is because the original version can be proven to come directly from LRH from 1965, and all other mentions of disconnection - as far as I know - come after that and refer back to it.

As far as I know, the Suppressive Acts PL was the original policy which created disconnection for Scientologists. And it was from L Ron Hubbard - not some DM "perversion" of the tech, which some people like Jim Logan say about the PTSness and Disconnection HCOB.

And since it has been around since 1965, way before DM got involed in Scientology, or Tommy Davis, or any of the other liars, you can show that disconnection not only exists in Scientology but has a long and robust tradition.

It's like Coke Classic, rather than "New Coke".

You can also show that Hubbard pretended to cancel it during the "Reform Code of 1968" when the New Zealand and Australian inquiries were going on.

So it not only shows a long history of disconnection in Scientology, but Scientologists lying to outsiders about it - going straight back to L Ron Hubbard.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
They both work and in combination they are more damning. I see that you are a purist.

Yes, I agree that the combination makes them more voluminous to outsiders and paints an even clearer case for the depravity of Church management.

And yes, I am a purist. I seek only the purest bullshit from L Ron Hubbard himself.

Nothing else will do.