What's new

List Of All Ex Scientologists Who Have Spoken Out

Tigger

Patron Meritorious
Someone on a.r.s. (a Scientologist of course) is pointing out that the list is not credible
and the title is not accurate because the list contains some who are not ex-Scientologists.

He does have a point. What do you think? So should those ex-Co$ who still claim to be Scientologists be removed or should the title be changed to
include both ex-SCN and ex-COS?

Is there an e-mail addy available for questions, corrections, additions and/or deletions?

Tigger

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Anyone can register and then edit the list, Tigger.

I corrected it to read, "a list of ex-Scientologists and current non-CofS scientologists. . . ."

Paul

RightOn, the person over on WWP that started the list, sent me a PM and instead of trying to reinterpret it, I'm just going to copy/pasta.

RightOn said:
Hi, RightOn here.
I went over to ESMB and was reading all the posts about the list. I don't have an account there, or know any of the people on there. Please explain to them that the list was made from internet posts I found and people sending me names, and that I really don't who these people are. I don't think they understand that I cant possibly know who everyone is. And there will be mistakes an errors. I have received many names from people that just didn't pan out at all, and were not even Scientologists.
I read that that the admin's. name is Emma? She is not on my list here, and I would like to add her. I have no idea who she is or her story. Please keep in my mind I am not an ex sci, and can't possibly know all these people, like they do.
Although all updates are now only added to the wiki and not here :(., I can't really update the list here.

BUT I do want to make sure that Emma's name is on the list here, I think it is very important. Please send her my sincere apologies, but I don't know her, just like she doesn't know me. I think way in the beginning she may have PM"s me??? and wanted me to email her directly, and I told her I only talk through WWP and I never heard back from her.

This is a precautionary method I take, and I don't talk to anyone via regular email.

SO I hope you can please tell people on ESMB that I am only human, I do not know all these scis, and ex-scis, and their stories. Most names were sent to me or found on the internet. So mistakes will be rampant. Apologize for me about the title of the list too.. and all. Like I said... I know there will be mistakes and discrepancies.

Also thank everyone for participating.
the list hit 500 on the wiki!!!

It's a long tedious job that is going to last for a long time, please tell people, that I made the list with my best intentions, and that was to help people. :) This is something I hold dear to my heart.
Thank you

RightOn has spent many many hours working on this list and was even updating the thread while on vacation. I don't think I would do that. So I know I appreciate his/her effort a lot.

Oh, and the list is on the wiki now and can be edited by anyone who registers over there. So discrepancies and such can be fixed with a few clicks.

auntpat

Patron with Honors
ME TO

Patricia Buie ( used to be Muro, Reg at LAOrg, C F at ASHO, Cl 6 aud. OT1}1957 - 1973, posts as Aunt Pat on EXSMB

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
BUMP

See thread

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-a...-ex-scientologists-who-have-spoken-out-48237/

which is far tl;dr.

The following quote however is why I bump. Could exes please help?

RightOn said:
Well , it's Dec 9th.
We have 23 days left to find approx. 150 names to reach 1000 by Jan 1st.
Looking mighty grim.

Attentions all ex members!
Is there anybody you know that we are missing or do you know someone who would like to be added to the list?
Think back.... anyone you know who is an ex member, that has spoken out on a forum, did interview, newspaper, radio or atteneded a protest and uses thier actual name?

If someone has an account on ESMB can you please post this message over there?? Thanks :)

Thanks to all who are helping! We need moar help!!!

To reach 1000 by Jan 1st, would be fap-tatious!

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
Another shameless bump because the list now has OVER 1.000!!!

"The following is a list of people that have left the official Church of Scientology organization and have spoken out publicly against it. Although some of them still believe in the validity of the core precepts and practice them outside of the the Church of Scientology, all of them have denounced the legitimacy of the organization itself. The names are listed alphabetically by last name. As of the last count, there are 1005 names on this list. The purpose of this list is to give courage to others who are still in to finally leave, or those who have already left to speak out. Also, perhaps those that are still in may recognize a name they may have known before and are unaware they have left. It is also important to show how extensive this list is, especially now that some senior former members have come forward. The list demonstrates that there is a significant problem with organized Scientology.

More at http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/List_of_ex-Scientologists_who_have_spoken_out

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Jolly spiffing, don't you think?

Another shameless bump because the list now has OVER 1.000!!!

"The following is a list of people that have left the official Church of Scientology organization and have spoken out publicly against it. Although some of them still believe in the validity of the core precepts and practice them outside of the the Church of Scientology, all of them have denounced the legitimacy of the organization itself. The names are listed alphabetically by last name. As of the last count, there are 1005 names on this list. The purpose of this list is to give courage to others who are still in to finally leave, or those who have already left to speak out. Also, perhaps those that are still in may recognize a name they may have known before and are unaware they have left. It is also important to show how extensive this list is, especially now that some senior former members have come forward. The list demonstrates that there is a significant problem with organized Scientology.

More at http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/List_of_ex-Scientologists_who_have_spoken_out

While I am not great one for causes and games, I am excited by this, it is a kick in the teeth to cult and can be refered to in iterviews. I remeber that it was important for me, back when I first left, to find some kind of a community, o9ne is so isolated when one leaves. This will go a long way to helping others in that situation.

Cherished

Silver Meritorious Patron
This is very awesome.

Anons have changed the title of the list to refer to former members of the CoS - rather than Ex-scientologists. It's intended to embrace independent scientologists and freezoners who see themselves as scientologists.

The previous links should all work.

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
bumpity bump - big list is BIG! :happydance:

http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/Former_Church_of_Scientology_members_who_have_spoken_out

Shoutout from the hivemind peeps on WWP still plowing away on this project and who have their sights set on seeing it hit the 1500+ mark by the end of this year...

RightOn said:
You know, the names we just added (and subtracted) should have been on there long ago.

It would be SO easy for an ex to just look at the list and say you know so and so is not on there. They all know each other, they know who is out and who spoke out. I wish they would lend a helping hand if they can help.

For those of you here on ESMB that support this fine effort, please take a moment have a good looksee over the current list on the above link, and post us some halp ITT with any relevant info you can offer if you spot any obvious errors or omissions.

TIA!!

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
It really made my day when I was browsing through the list one day and came accross MY name. :happydance:

Thanks to whoever did all that work creating that list! :yes:

Me too! Glad someone noticed (besides the OSA bots who spent years trying to out me. ;-)

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bump for all - please have a look over the list and see if you can name any that aren't there who should be. :prettyplease:

This is one "stat push" that I wholeheartedly endorse - more fun than a thousand "Birthday Games" and there's no "hip hip hoorays" at the end - just another excellent tool for getting people out of this toxic cult.:happydance:

So :begging: take the time and look over the whole list.:thumbsup:

And, even if you don't qualify yet, maybe you know someone who might.:coolwink:

Feral

Rogue male
The vid link next to my name has been removed by user.

A link to my story below would be good if any one tech savvy can be bothered. :)

Sindy

Crusader
I couldn't find this posted before so forgive me if it has been. Over at WWP they are putting together a list of all Ex-Scientologist who have spoken out. I think that it is awesome. I think OSA would hate to see all these names posted together. And if Scientologist see the list and recognize names of old friends on there it will plant a seed of doubt.

So here is the list so far. 242 people. If you know of anyone else you can post them here and I'll post them over in WWP to be added. Or you can post them over there too. Please post their full name and any information you have about them. Links are great too.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-active-projects/list-all-ex-scientologists-who-have-spoken-out-48237/

This list is more accurate and updated:

http://wiki.whyweprotest.net/Former_Church_of_Scientology_members_who_have_spoken_out