What's new

Rex Fowler To Stand Trial For Business Partner Murder

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Deputies testified they found a note formalizing the severance pay and a checkbook with a bullet hole through it beside Ciancio's body.

That's going to be an interesting story.

Deputies also testified that Fowler brought his gun to work and wore a suit, something he only did on special occasions. He also tucked a living will inside his pocket.

I never really got the pre-meditated aspect of this before. But a living will? He anticipated perhaps being mentally incapacitated but not dead?

Paul

skydog

Patron Meritorious
This may be better than anyone thought-

I have been away for a few days with some family issues and have not had time to keep up on all that has been going on here. Is it true that Fowler has a public defender? If that is true, this could be an even larger bonanza than ever dreamed of.

As most of us know, the public defenders represent indigent clients. Unlike many, I generally have a very high regard for public defenders. They usually have more experience in criminal court than most of the lawyers in the private sector and generally perform admirably in hopeless situations.

Here is the good news-it is twofold:

First, because we know that the legal bills WILL NOT be paid by the church, his attorney's loyalty will not be divided between the duty owed to the client and the wishes of the employer (church). An insanity defense is much more likely.

Second, a little known codicil in the Faber constitution (that is a joke referring to the movie 'Animal House' for my friends in Oz) allows the public defender's office to be compensated in the event a person is not indigent. There is an allegation that over 250 grand was embezzled from the company and given to the church. If so, the division of the public defender may be able to go after the church for any monies received in these circumstances. Hopefully, they will avail themselves of that option.

In another post, that stat pushing whore Alanzo mentioned what a huge bonanza this is. http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=17382

He hit the nail on the head as this may be the gift that keeps on giving.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I have been away for a few days with some family issues and have not had time to keep up on all that has been going on here. Is it true that Fowler has a public defender? If that is true, this could be an even larger bonanza than ever dreamed of.

As most of us know, the public defenders represent indigent clients. Unlike many, I generally have a very high regard for public defenders. They usually have more experience in criminal court than most of the lawyers in the private sector and generally perform admirably in hopeless situations.

First, because we know that the legal bills WILL NOT be paid by the church, his attorney's loyalty will not be divided between the duty owed to the client and the wishes of the employer (church). An insanity defense is much more likely.

Second, a little known codicil in the Faber constitution (that is a joke referring to the movie 'Animal House' for my friends in Oz) allows the public defender's office to be compensated in the event a person is not indigent. There is an allegation that over 250 grand was embezzled from the company and given to the church. If so, the division of the public defender may be able to go after the church for any monies received in these circumstances. Hopefully, they will avail themselves of that option.

In another post, that stat pushing whore Alanzo mentioned what a huge bonanza this is. http://forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=17382

That 250 grand would explain a lot. A life is cheap to some.

Div6

Crusader

Word on the street is that Fowler had 22 intensives of sec checking last summer before being allowed back on Solo Nots.

If this is true, the public defenders would love to know about it...really help with his "insanity" defense, or even "diminished capacity".

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Word on the street is that Fowler had 22 intensives of sec checking last summer before being allowed back on Solo Nots.

If this is true, the public defenders would love to know about it...really help with his "insanity" defense, or even "diminished capacity".

That's 275 hours of forced confessionals.

Any prosecutor, state's attorney, public defender, or judge who has ever studied totalitarian regimes knows what that's all about.

And I hope hope hope that this prosecutor, state's attorney, public defender, or judge has studied totalitarian regimes!!!

Div6

Crusader

Any prosecutor, state's attorney, public defender, or judge who has ever studied totalitarian regimes knows what that's all about.

And I hope hope hope that this prosecutor, state's attorney, public defender, or judge has studied totalitarian regimes!!!

That's also about 250K.....the amount that was supposedly wrongfully transferred from the company...

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have another idea on it

God I wish I had written it. He shot the associate then he shot the checkbook and then he shot himself under the chin. What a beautiful scene.

I wish I had written it and I wish it was fiction. Scientology is the Drama Queen of the 20th century that refused to die a natural death. Can somebody please que up a decent Swan Song for this shoulda been obsolete long ago menace to society.

RIP Tom Ciancio. God help you Rex Fowler.

I am thinking Tom held up his checkbook (if it was his) in an instinctive but useless defense maneuver when Fowler pulled out and pointed the gun at him - OR - if the checkbook is the business ckbk, Fowler used it to hide the gun in order to shoot Tom before he could run/dodge or shout out.

But I like your story idea, for dramatic purposes :lol:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

If not, they can learn all about them in the courtroom. :yes:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Yep! Anyone that goes on a shooting rampage (kids in school, people in business), they (the CofS) always blame the evil psychs. Now it's time to take some heat CofS - over regging, over sec checking, over restimulating the PC with copious amounts of BS.

I'm happy to see that the witnesses don't seem to be protecting the CofS - must not have been good little ronbots.

They're going to claim that Fowler was grabbed by psychs after his last visit and PDH'ed to do the murder for the express purpose of making Scn look bad.

It was the strawberries. They will prove it with geometric logic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zgeQmzV9kk

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I am thinking Tom held up his checkbook (if it was his) in an instinctive but useless defense maneuver when Fowler pulled out and pointed the gun at him - OR - if the checkbook is the business ckbk, Fowler used it to hide the gun in order to shoot Tom before he could run/dodge or shout out.

But I like your story idea, for dramatic purposes :lol:

Tom had no reason to have his checkbook out. He was receiving a check from the business, so it's more likely that it was the business checkbook. Whether Fowler used it as cover for his gun, shooting through it to hit Tom, is something the forensics team will probably talk about in the trial. (If the bullet went through the book and then into Tom, there would probably be paper particles in Tom's wound, especially if hollow-point bullets were used)

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Tom had no reason to have his checkbook out. He was receiving a check from the business, so it's more likely that it was the business checkbook. Whether Fowler used it as cover for his gun, shooting through it to hit Tom, is something the forensics team will probably talk about in the trial. (If the bullet went through the book and then into Tom, there would probably be paper particles in Tom's wound, especially if hollow-point bullets were used)

If he was hiding the gun behind the checkbook to get closer that might qualify him for 'special circumstances'

Zinj

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
3 shots then a 4th ?

Wasn't Tom shot 3 times? And Fowler shot himself once. The witnesses heard 3 shots, then a 4th shorlty there after. One of the bullets went through the checkbook. So the checkbook was in front of the gun for one of those 4 shots. It was found next to Tom on the floor. My guess, the shot that went through the checkbook, went through Tom, so 1st shot. OR - Fowler held it under his chin before he shot himself - last shot - paper in his brain ? ? I guess we will find out in trial.

Tom - totally innocent victim here. Very, very sad and depraved. Scn sure fokked over Fowler, and by extension, Tom and his entire family (not to mention Fowler's family and employees, his business clients AND HOPEFULLY EVEN ITSELF - SCN !).

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Wasn't Tom shot 3 times? And Fowler shot himself once. The witnesses heard 3 shots, then a 4th shorlty there after. One of the bullets went through the checkbook. So the checkbook was in front of the gun for one of those 4 shots. It was found next to Tom on the floor. My guess, the shot that went through the checkbook, went through Tom, so 1st shot. OR - Fowler held it under his chin before he shot himself - last shot - paper in his brain ? ? I guess we will find out in trial.

Yes, I hope we do find out what the deal was with the checkbook. If Tom was shot from behind, while seated, there would seem to be no need for concealment.

Maybe Fowler held the checkbook under his chin because the barrel was hot and he wanted to steady the gun, a hot barrel being also a reason for not having the barrel touching the roof of his mouth. I could well imagine his hand shaking after the murder and he wanting to steady it before shooting himself.

Paul

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
If he was hiding the gun behind the checkbook to get closer that might qualify him for 'special circumstances'

Zinj

A case could be made for this constituting "laying in wait" for the victim, if he consciously and deliberately used an object to conceal the gun until he could ambush Tom by surprise. That would definitely be 1st degree murder.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron

More to the point, they're specifically not auditing and thus not privileged. So any ill intentions he may have had about Ciancio may be open to discovery since he told a non-privileged party about them.

Ulf K. Maier

Patron Meritorious
More to the point, they're specifically not auditing and thus not privileged. So any ill intentions he may have had about Ciancio may be open to discovery since he told a non-privileged party about them.

It may be arguable; but, for years they've been stamping the PC folder and ethics files: PRIEST PENITENT PRIVILEGED FILE, thus putting the contents (apparently) legally out of reach of most courts, not to mention the person whose name is on the front.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

Given the fact that Co$ does not seem to consider regular auditing "privileged" if they decide they don't like you any more, a case could be made that none of the contents of PC folders is privileged.

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Given the fact that Co$ does not seem to consider regular auditing "privileged" if they decide they don't like you any more, a case could be made that none of the contents of PC folders is privileged.

Harder case to make, though.

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space

HCO sec checks are non privileged. "Sec-check" for an OT VII could also mean O-W/FPRD type actions which are auditing and supposedly confidential. Oh--and if used on someone who comes in for 6 month check and is actually doing well on the level: out-tech and squirrelly.