What's new

As suggested by Alanzo - My counseling sessions

Dark Phoenix

Patron Meritorious
Had a great appointment today. I swear, even tho I see my counselor weekly, it feels like two weeks, since I've been cramming so much into each week. LOL!!!

We discussed my "defense mechanism" today. The data comes from Enneagram.

Anyway, I'm mostly fixed on that too. I can now causatively act out from my defense mechanism, since I'm aware of how it manifests. :happydance:

After February we'll probably start meeting only every two weeks. She suggested it now, but I have too much going on - not my mental issues, my health. LOL!!!

On to my health issues.
I'm having the parathyroidectomy on Monday, Feb. 1st. I get to see Good Twin and maybe she'll show me her boobs. LOL!!! (See another thread for that reference.)

I'm having the female procedure done on Tuesday, Feb. 16th.

I hope to get back to meeting my personal trainer by early March. Yippee!!! I've been missing my workouts.

The most exciting news.
My daughter is coming for a visit Feb. 11 - 15. It's been over a year since I've seen her. Far too long! Hubby will be in Belgium which means I get to have some serious one-on-one time with Snookie (her nickname since she popped her head out of my vajayjay). We will spend Friday at the spa getting facials, manicures and pedicures. The rest of the weekend we'll do what ever we feel like. Could be some serious movie time. LOL!!! A lot depends on the weather - we both hate it when it's freezing ass cold (as my daughter calls it).

February is going to be busy the first three weeks. But then I get my health back and can start doing fun stuff again. Such as gardening, or at least prep'ing the garden for planting. I'm also going to probably add kick boxing to my exercise schedule. I hear it's really fun and an excellent workout.

Thanks so much Kathy for keeping us up to date on the latest and greatests.

It's a real joy to see some good karma work it's magic. Especially when it happens to people who've had their fair share of of the bad stuff. It's like being reborn again and finally you're able to step into the light again.:hifive:

You're an inspiration to all of us. Despite heath issues and I'm sure a whole lot of other stuff going on in your life, you stuck to your commitment to counselling and to the sometimes painful journey of self-discovery. This took a lot courage and humility.

I wish you the very best as you continue, and am delighted to hear the wonderful place you're in now.

Love&Hugs
:hug:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks so much Kathy for keeping us up to date on the latest and greatests.

It's a real joy to see some good karma work it's magic. Especially when it happens to people who've had their fair share of of the bad stuff. It's like being reborn again and finally you're able to step into the light again.:hifive:

You're an inspiration to all of us. Despite heath issues and I'm sure a whole lot of other stuff going on in your life, you stuck to your commitment to counselling and to the sometimes painful journey of self-discovery. This took a lot courage and humility.

I wish you the very best as you continue, and am delighted to hear the wonderful place you're in now.

Love&Hugs
:hug:

Thanks, DP.

It's strange, it's been difficult, but it's been easy. Does that make any sense? I doubt it. I think it's been both, mostly because I am coming out the other side of it.

My counselor told me something today, that only just now hit me. I won't slip back into my old ways. Amazing!!!! With Scn, I'd feel good for a few weeks or maybe even a year, but then it would all crash and I'd feel like the same issue was there in my face again.

Today, when my counselor and I were discussing how my defense mechanism is different from before, it was sort of hard to see. Since I didn't see myself in my defense mechanism - it was who I was. But over the weekend I met someone with the same defense mechanism in full force. All I thought was "I sure hope I wasn't that bad before I started my counseling". It wasn't a judgment, so much as it was, "Wow, I used to be very intense and in your face". But I truly don't believe I was as intense or as in your face as this gal I met over the weekend. Having seen this gal, I truly got to observe the mechanism from the receiving point. It was interesting to watch. And to see how far I've come and what progress I've made in counseling.

I'm very glad I listened to my "gut" and went back to what was "successful" in my life before Scn. I didn't resolve all my issues with counseling before, but then again I was getting a different type of counseling. Mostly talk therapy, which I don't think is that workable. I know I could talk
F O R E V E R about my issues. But really digging into them and having the adult me protect the child me in the past (but from a present viewpoint), made a H U G E difference in resolving my past (issues).

I'm not done yet. But the change is tremendous. And I'm glad my husband (even still being a non-CofS Scn) didn't have any issues with me seeing a counselor. Now if I could be so generous with him wanting to do OT 1 - 3. Oh well, as I said, I'm not done yet with my counseling. LOL!!!

Good twin

Floater
It's all good Kat. You've really come a long way. Thanks for taking me and all of our ESMB friends along with you on this amazing journey of self discovery. I think you are getting to a point where you can love yourself as much as others have always loved you. You are an amazing lady.

After talking to you earlier today I realized that your care and compassion is quite something. You kind of play that down about yourself. I don't think it's really about getting ouside of your head as much as you really do give a shit about other people. (jus' sayin')

:smoochy:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
It's all good Kat. You've really come a long way. Thanks for taking me and all of our ESMB friends along with you on this amazing journey of self discovery. I think you are getting to a point where you can love yourself as much as others have always loved you. You are an amazing lady.

After talking to you earlier today I realized that your care and compassion is quite something. You kind of play that down about yourself. I don't think it's really about getting ouside of your head as much as you really do give a shit about other people. (jus' sayin')

:smoochy:

:smoochy: back atchya

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
My Daughter is coming to visit

My daughter is flying in today. But it's snowing a decent amount in TX. Ugh!!!

Here are pics. Bad pics taken from my cell phone, since hubby has digital camera in Belgium.

I sure hope I can drive in this stuff. I'm from the beach - we didn't get snow. LOL!!!

Attachments

• Snow2:11:10.JPG
    Snow2:11:10.JPG
    15.7 KB · Views: 15
  • Snow2:11:10B.jpeg
    Snow2:11:10B.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 15

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
More snow pics

More snow pics.

Tonka is running laps. She now LOVES the snow!!!

Attachments

• 2:11:10b.jpeg
    2:11:10b.jpeg
    16.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 2:11:10d.jpeg
    2:11:10d.jpeg
    3.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 2:11:10e.jpeg
    2:11:10e.jpeg
    1.8 KB · Views: 17

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
My daughter finally got to Dallas. After numerous delays and flight cancellations. Mommy (me) got to drive in the snow. Not fun. But the Subaru did an awesome job of keeping me from sliding all over the road. Gotta love all wheel drive.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dallas had a record snow fall yesterday (Thursday). We have about 8 inches still on the ground. And some snow drifts. :omg: I'll try to get some more pics posted. Even my rabbit fencing (to keep the rabbits out of my veg garden) has 2 - 3 inches on the wiring. (Think of thin wiring holding up 3 inches of snow.)

I'm just very tired. I went to bed way past my bedtime. And then only slept 5 hours. I've gotten spoiled with my newfound sleep habits - to bed early and then wake up early. I just realized, I was up for about 21 hours without a nap. This is so not like me, nor am I used to that. (I's old for goodness sakes. lol!!)

It should be an exciting day today. Spa treatments start at 11:15 and then we need to go back to the airport to find my daughter's luggage. We keep calling the number we were given. But there is no answer and the answering machine is full. I'm not looking forward to dealing with the airport or my daughter if she doesn't get her luggage. Quote from daughter "I'd rather die than not have my luggage". To be young and think luggage is the most important thing in life. LOL!!!

Dark Phoenix

Patron Meritorious
Have a fantastic day at the spa, both of you.:cloud9: I bet you can't wait, you've been so looking forward to it. Having to face Lost Luggage can't be too inspiring though.:melodramatic: It always seems to have that ominous quality about it. But that means you have to promise to make the very most the day and just pamper yourself to the very max!

Come back with all the juicy details!

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Have a fantastic day at the spa, both of you.:cloud9: I bet you can't wait, you've been so looking forward to it. Having to face Lost Luggage can't be too inspiring though.:melodramatic: It always seems to have that ominous quality about it. But that means you have to promise to make the very most the day and just pamper yourself to the very max!

Come back with all the juicy details!

No facials today. The person is stuck at home. Jen (daughter) is getting her mani-pedi and I'll decide if I'm getting mine today.

All I can say is, the snow is beautiful. I just wish I could stay indoors to enjoy it. LOL!!!

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
More snow pics

Here's what it looks like this AM.

Attachments

• 2:12:10.jpeg
    2:12:10.jpeg
    6.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 2:12:10a.jpeg
    2:12:10a.jpeg
    6.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 2:12:10b.jpeg
    2:12:10b.jpeg
    12.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2:12:10c.jpeg
    2:12:10c.jpeg
    18.3 KB · Views: 8

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Between getting my body situations handled and my counseling, it feels like by the time I hit my 48th year, LIFE WILL BE GOOD, for the first time. :happydance:
:wow: That's great!!

I get to see Good Twin and maybe she'll show me her boobs. LOL!!! (See another thread for that reference.)
I can't find this thread. Is it the whole thread or particular posts to it? Can someone PM me the link?

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm Done!!!!

I'm Done!!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
I'm done with my counseling. It took about another month longer than I expected. But that was fine. Had some issues with my daughter that brought up old issues from my mother. But now
I'm Done!!!!

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I'm Done!!!!
:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
I'm done with my counseling. It took about another month longer than I expected. But that was fine. Had some issues with my daughter that brought up old issues from my mother. But now
I'm Done!!!!

Congratulations, you can rotate the tires and change the oil yourself :)

Zinj