What's new

Russia bans books by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
Obviously a 'former' Scientologist would be psychotic by definition :)

Hmm... wonder why....

Zinj

I guess, to them, we are psychos when we leave.
Well, I for one am glad to be amongst those lowly-run-of-mill-garden-variety-psychotic-humanoid types again.

TP

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Some of the allegations seem extreme.

It may well be that some promo shipped to Serbia contained comments that were somewhat mistranslated but based upon DM's stupid comments like " The next phase of our assault on global immorality" or "Targeting planetary ruins with LRH Soultions" "Shooting down enemies of Scientology has been like shooting ducks in a pond"

Does anyone know of any books tht suggest violence against critics? Perhaps a pamphlet?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne.../story-e6freuyi-1225856636066?from=public_rss

RUSSIA is set to ban dozens of texts and recordings by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard.

Terril park

Sponsor
The problem I see is that Russian freezoners will now have no access to those books anymore - at least not legally. Of course assuming that "ban" means banned for possession, not just banned for sale. So they can't give any newcomers FoT or DMSMH anymore.

Good point. However russian FZers are very resourceful. :)

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Does anyone know of any books tht suggest violence against critics? Perhaps a pamphlet?

Probably the most honest Scientology expression on the subject is found in confidential issues, flag orders, 'advices' etc., however, even taking *early* Scientology publicly published 'dogma', such as 'Science of Survival' supports the worst of the claims and worse.

Zinj

Illegal Alien

Patron with Honors
:duh::duh::faceslap::faceslap:

These slaps are actually for me. The things we do while in Scientology are crazy and dumb founded :screwy:

Unfortunately in my enthusiastic period of being a Scio I donated 10,000 Way to Happiness Books to bring Scientology to the Russian people.

With confidence I can say that I know that those books were delivered to Russia and not used for Church legal fees or DM's hide away.:D

How do I know this. Well Scio told me therefore it must be true.:thumbsup: I also remember seeing an event showing the Russian people receiving these books and being told how Dianetics was expanding in Russia.:confused2:

Hey, this is not funny okay:giggle:

The SPs caused this as Scientology is expanding at a rate of 6.9X and the SPs are up in arms. :whistling:

At the end of the day with all your hard money spent you realize it was an ILLUSION and there is no end product with Scientology. Just wild promises and great PR
From wog to wog.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Probably the most honest Scientology expression on the subject is found in confidential issues, flag orders, 'advices' etc., however, even taking *early* Scientology publicly published 'dogma', such as 'Science of Survival' supports the worst of the claims and worse.

Zinj

Ys but I don't think they are talking about confilential materials. I'm talking about this comment.

[..] The materials contained calls "to commit crimes motivated by ideological and religious hatred" and "ideas justifying violence in general and in particular any methods of resistance against critics of Scientology," it said.[..]

This sounds like Fair Game stuff, which is limited, unless quotes used in promo. Science of Survival does not state anythng about critis and using violence.

Veda

Sponsor
-snip-

This sounds like Fair Game stuff, which is limited, unless quotes used in promo. Science of Survival does not state anythng about critis and using violence.

1951: What to do with those below 2.0 on the Tone Scale? (easily identified by their continued critical attitude towards Dianetics/Scientology and Hubbard): "Dispose of quietly and without sorrow."

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
extremist

"Materials on Scientology by Ron Hubbard have been found extremist and will be banned from distribution in Russia,"

Too extremist for Mother Russia :roflmao:

Veda

Sponsor
"Materials on Scientology by Ron Hubbard have been found extremist and will be banned from distribution in Russia,"

Too extremist for Mother Russia :roflmao:

Perhaps the Russians took being called wogs (and meatballs) the wrong way.

Or maybe they read the Russian language edition of the book, 'Messiah or Madman?', and saw what was behind the Scientology PR curtain.

I suspect that the Galactic Patrol/Ron's Orgs will carry on - and have their own materials corresponding with their Grade Chart.

Mystic

Crusader
Perhaps Russia has had her fill of apparition tulpas running around pretending to be humans.

Too bad the FreakZone is still in that running around.

AnonSunshine

Patron with Honors
Russians as Germans are very smart people.:happydance:
I am glad they banned Scientology books, because it is bad for any civilized nation.
It is a :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :hattip: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:
:dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3: :dance3::party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :smoochy:
:cheers2: :cheers2: :cheers2:

Mystic

Crusader
As a scale of reference, if we were to use a country's response to the tulpa-Hubbard's scifaggOT cult as a measure, it would appear that the so-called "United States" is at the bottom of the scale.

Mystic

Crusader
Well, that would make sense, the "United States" being at the bottom of the scale. After all, the tulpa-Hubbard started there, even the FreakZone started there.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
1951:
What to do with those below 2.0 on the Tone Scale? (easily identified by their continued critical attitude towards Dianetics/Scientology and Hubbard): "Dispose of quietly and without sorrow."

At least Scientology is consistent:

scenario a: Willie Wogka accuses Hubbard of (literally) making terroristic threats, pre-meditation and incitement of murder by a policy mandate to "dispose of quietly and without sorrow". In that scenario, Willie would be declared an SP and enemy to mankind for literally interpreting the words of Source.

scenario b: Willie Wogka only figuratively interprets Hubbard's terroristic threats, pre-medication and incitement to murder and does not kill anyone or have others kill others at the behest of Source. In that scenario Willie would also be declared an SP and enemy to mankind out KSW and altering the words of Source.

fnx3

Patron with Honors
1951: What to do with those below 2.0 on the Tone Scale? (easily identified by their continued critical attitude towards Dianetics/Scientology and Hubbard): "Dispose of quietly and without sorrow."

thanks so much for pointing out those few EVIL words pronounced so early - amazing how they can slide under yr radar as HARMLESS when it suited - which reminds me of how they, & many more examples, can continue to slide under Terrill Park's radar ALL THE CURRENT TIME! :no:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

thanks so much for pointing out those few EVIL words pronounced so early - amazing how they can slide under yr radar as HARMLESS when it suited - which reminds me of how they, & many more examples, can continue to slide under Terrill Park's radar ALL THE CURRENT TIME! :no:
Well, it is a truncated quote ie. it's missing the first half of the sentence, that may be why you "missed it" or found it to be "harmless".
This does not minimise the evil inherent in the suggestion, though.
I'm sometimes astounded by the Hubbardian stuff that I found tolerable when I was a scientologist.
This "dispose of them" remark is one such example.