FoTi

Crusader
Thanks for sharing this with us Feral. :thumbsup:

I'm glad I never went that route.

Last edited:

Div6

Crusader
A couple of questions:

1. You say all of the material has been available on the Net...the wikileaks material? Is the Solo Nots correction list just the nots correction list done solo?

2. As part of the ethics programs, do they make you do "repair of past ethics" on misowned whole track overts? I think that would guarantee insanity.....

RogerB

Crusader
Feral said:
Snipped . . . .
A few years of this and add the six monthly sec checks as well as chasing BTs around his skull 4 to 6 times a day and ....well, how would you feel?

Like you'd been right and Royally screwed!

R

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
C/S Series 73

NED run on a preOT seems like a really bad idea. Who exactly is it being run on or for?

Also, if someone is doing well on a level, it looks squirrelly to drag them in and run other case actions over the top of that.

The sec-check/ethics routine described sounds more like a "make guilty" routine rather than "relief".

"Bridge" to total entrapment...

You got it. Read C/S Series 73 among others for confirmation.

Also the Barnes and Ethier videos.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Materials Leaking

Feral, all this makes one very curious how all of the materials did get leaked.

Apparently there are several OT-8 versions outside, too. Who has the real one ?

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I always think this security stuff is hilarious. It was similar for OT2 and OT3 back in the early 80s. Say "BT" aloud (which would mean absolutely nothing to anyone who hadn't done OT3) and you'd be in ethics for weeks or months and maybe never get back onto OT levels.

It's like the location of Int or the CST vaults. The location of the CST vaults is one of the most closely guarded secrets in the Sea Org, even from most of the CST staff, but anyone at all in the real world can find out about them in a moment from Google. Just like almost all of the OT level data.

Crazy.

Paul

FoTi

Crusader
I always think this security stuff is hilarious. It was similar for OT2 and OT3 back in the early 80s. Say "BT" aloud (which would mean absolutely nothing to anyone who hadn't done OT3) and you'd be in ethics for weeks or months and maybe never get back onto OT levels.

It's like the location of Int or the CST vaults. The location of the CST vaults is one of the most closely guarded secrets in the Sea Org, even from most of the CST staff, but anyone at all in the real world can find out about them in a moment from Google. Just like almost all of the OT level data.

Crazy.

Paul

Seems like the whole game is about who they can fool and take advantage of. That was LRH's game, wasn't it?

Feral

Rogue male
Very interesting Kevin.

When you refer to ‘the materials’ that have to be kept in a safe, what exactly do these consist of? I’m presuming that you don’t get to take home any of the OTVII theory HCOBs.

How long does it take to do the theory part of OTVI and what does this consist of?

snip

Axiom142

The materials consist of correction lists.

Solo Nots correction list.

Nots PTS correction list.

Int assessment buttons Attachment 1

Int assessment debug, attachment 2

Assessment for type of incident for date/locating clusters.

The courses took me three weeks for each part, for some others it's double that.

Feral

Rogue male
Remember the fanny packs? Back before you had to have a hard case briefcase, you could carry your stuff in a fanny pack. One poor guy lost his fanny pack somewhere like the Grand Canyon or Yellowstone, and I think he had to do amends for years before he was "trustworthy" again. Poor guy!

What Feral says is very accurate. The paranoia is extreme. Plus the added benefit of it isolating you even more. Now you're not just a scn....you're a scn. with a briefcase strung to your wrist who is paranoid beyond all reason and has to alarm your house and live in fear of screwing up!

But ya forgot about the post office box part...or maybe you don't have to do that Down Under? You have to have a P.O. box to secretly receive your c/s and lists as your home mailbox is not secure. I can't count the number of times I got someone else's mail in my P.O. box!!

Fanny packs were banned in 1996. And I did forget about the PO BOX!

The funniest thing about the PO box is that both my wife and I had one each, nearly side by side. I asked if we could share one and was told NO WAY! I'd often get her C/S in mine and visa versa. The post master must have thought we were bananas.

Feral

Rogue male
A couple of questions:

1. You say all of the material has been available on the Net...the wikileaks material? Is the Solo Nots correction list just the nots correction list done solo?

2. As part of the ethics programs, do they make you do "repair of past ethics" on misowned whole track overts? I think that would guarantee insanity.....

I think Terril knows where it is. Solo nots has several aspects different to audited nots..

RPECs were done from time to time, not on misowned track, seriously the amount of overt chains that were mis owned in a single six month refresher is staggering, try ALL of the according to the tech of OTVIII, it's unlikely if you ever ran your own whole track in session.

You did the ethics on the this life time overts that came up.

Feral

Rogue male
Feral, all this makes one very curious how all of the materials did get leaked.

Apparently there are several OT-8 versions outside, too. Who has the real one ?

Apostates Bluey.:coolwink:

The OTVIII that Micheal Pattison verifies is the correct one, it was reported by a French woman. It isn't well enough written to audit though. Ask Terril who has one if you want to audit it.

After the first part where a person ends up *discovering* how evil and nasty they are...........well that explains how they get totally convinced that only the kult can fix their eternity. And who would want an eternity anyway? Oh wait, they are soooo evil, they need to escape from the eternity of guilt they will face without scientology.

Taken altogether...locks, safes bolted to the floor...etc etc...
Holy fucking christ!
That is PARANOID.

How brainwashed is a person to allow themselves to normalise that in their own minds? or even to accept it grudingly.

I hope psychiatrists are given Rex's folders to scutinize thoroughly. They may be hinderd a bit with terminology and stuff which is only wrttien as some kind of shorthand. But the procedure itslf would need to be explained, and the procedure itself is abusive, and brainwashing. Would love to see Feral's explanation given on CNN BBC St Petersburg Times NY Times ans all the others.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
no, the security is not futile for Cof$

In the light of the Rex Fowler incident I want to post the security requirements, operation and drills that a person training on Solo Nots has to go through to earn their right to audit the level.

On arrival at Flag one is put through an ethics interview to ensure they are of sufficient character to even be on part A, which until very recently was totally confidential, oddly enough it's the solo course part one which is retread in full.

Concurrently while training on this part you do your case set ups, now for about 80% of OTs this involves a full NED program, yep you get to go clear again. Once this is done you do your elig sec check. This one is done FPRD style although subsequent six monthly refreshers are done as a straight confessional since the "arbitraries removed era" around around 2000. For Rex this is reported to have been a 22 intensive cyle, that's 275 hours of digging around looking for evil intentions that he probably never had.

The scary thing here is as far as the dogma of auditing OTs is concerned this GAT FPRD is utterly squirrel. No ownership is established on or for the overt chain. In fact it isn't established until one is down at the bottom of the time track and the evil intention has been established. By now the pre OT has mis owned a chain of crimes that he was never part of if indeed they ever occurred. But he is now, in his own mind a murderer, rapist, turncoat and has accepted the he has the attributes of such. Not real good for ones concept of themselves.

So once this sec check is done the public is sent to ethics with a "knowledge report" and sits down in front of an ethics officer (Master at Arms in the SO)the KR is read and it has EVERYTHING on it. His ethics file is also read which will include every unfounded accusation that any Scientologist ever made of him, these tend to be taken seriously if they are backed or repeated by any one of any standing within the Sea Org. An ethics program is worked out, sometimes these may take months or years to complete as these may include training as an auditor, which I think Rex had to do.

If the program is long when you return to Flag the interview and sec check has to be redone.

Once the MAA is satisfied that you have been corrected for any wrong doing then the whole thing is written up and sent to RTC who are the final word on it, it is sent with a photo of the pre OT as well.

Once you have been accepted you may begin the confidential part of the course, to participate in this you need a swipe card which you get at security, it is a photo ID card and you need a PIN as well. The card MUST stay with you at all times and there is a sheet of rules about it. Examples are; You must have the card concealed from view at all times while off the base, you cannot leave the card in your room unless it is locked in a secure area. When entering or leaving any security area you must NEVER facilitate another's entrance even if you know the person, you must close the door on them and make them enter via their own card. You get the idea.

You enter a secure area and are faced with a second set of doors to the various confidential course rooms. You repeat the action to enter the OT VI course room.

So you're in the course room but there are no packs out when you get there, all the packs are locked up in the admin area, not only that but each pack is also plugged into a board, when any pack is unplugged no door will open so untill all50 or so packs are in position no one can come into or leave the course room. More than once I hoped there was an override in case of fire.

Each page of the pack also has an electronic card glued into it and there is a sensor under the carpet at the door so no pages can be filched.

Things continue much like this until you're ready for your first practice sessions. To do this you leave everything behind in the course room take a lockable brief case to the solo HGC and pick up your folder. Now that you have your folder securely locked in your brief case a new set of rules comes in to play. You remain attached to your folder in it's locked briefcase until your in a locked auditing room, then you can open it have your session, write everything up, re lock the briefcase and unlock your door to leave. You take an exam and carry the case until you check it back in.

So after many weeks of this you could be at the end of your course. Now it's time to learn how to keep your materials safe at home. For this there is a whole briefing pack.

The rules are extensive. viz;

One takes their materials home in a locked briefcase, it is inside in a tough bag. You don't let them leave your person. Once home they are to be transferred to a safe that is bolted to the wall and floor as well as glued with an industrial adhesive. This safe is to be concealed within a house that is always locked and alarmed. The alarm must be a back to base style or set to call your mobile should your place be broken into. Your mobile must be kept on and be on your person at all times.

Here is the funny bit, a note is to be placed on your safe that reads; The contents of this safe have no commercial value should any person come into possession of them a reward of $500 will be paid for their safe return.Insert ph. no.:duh:

If you also audit at work, your materials can be left in a similar arrangement but not over night. In transporting them they have to be on your person all the time, never left in your car.

Every two weeks your worksheets are to be sent back in a double envelope, the inner one is colour flashed and marked confidential, the outer is a plain brown paper envelope. You must never post the correction lists (the materials), they can only be fed exed or carried on your person back to Flag.

Also the correction lists are put on light sensitive paper, should anyone ever try to photocopy them they change colour and become unreadable.

It might seem odd but this whole security briefing is totally confidential. Makes sense that the cult doesn't want anyone to know how paranoid they are.:unsure:

Then on each six month refresher several hours are spent verifying each Solo Nots auditors faithfulness in following these excruciatingly painful rules. Solo Nots auditors live in terror of screwing up the security.

All of this comes as a bit of an exercise in futility when you leave and find ALL of the Solo Nots data available outside of the church.:duh:

Now if any one is trying to piece together Rex Fowler's extenuating circumstances, this on top of the raping of his finances has to be taken into consideration.

A few years of this and add the six monthly sec checks as well as chasing BTs around his skull 4 to 6 times a day and ....well, how would you feel?

These security measures are NOT futile for Cof$, nor does it matter that the materials are on the web, at least not in the case of the faithful who audit these materials, because they are true believers and stay off the web anyways. Nor is the point that the materials be further compromised. The point is that it is all part of the ritual, to create a special value and significance in the mind of the pre oatee who is auditing this stuff. It is obviously of great value if it must be protected this way. Furthermore, after all of the ritualistic security, it couldn't possibly be so much Hubbardian concocted scifi horseshit. Clearly, if it was all horseshit, there would be no need to go to such lengths to protect it, right? For those of you who got that far and who audited that material, you can confirm if that was part of the mindset, even if you had doubts once you read the Xenu story.

Pete

smartone

My Own Boss
When I was a newbie Scilon the lady whose house I temporarily stayed in was on "the level". Evidently, one day she left her "materials" in a briefcase in her living room while she popped out to the Post Office a few yards up the street. I never gave her briefcase any thought or even noticed it. But because I was staying with her, she was "out security" and had all her certs cancelled and probably had to do some stiff ethics programme. At that time, I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about.

smartone

My Own Boss
When I was a newbie Scilon at Saint Hill I was temporarily staying with a lady who was on "the level". Evidently, one day she left her "materials" in a briefcase in her living room while she popped out to the Post Office a few yards up the street. I never gave her briefcase any thought or even noticed it. She ended up having all her certs cancelled and probably had to do some stiff ethics programme. At that time, I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about.

smartone

My Own Boss
Apologies for the duplicate which was edited anyway to make it clearer. Stupid computer didn't verify sending it the first time. :eyeroll:

Minuet #1 in G

Patron with Honors
Gawd, yes its all true.
I remember you could not go anywhere without your keys - PO Box key, safe key (mine was a sturdy wooden cupboard). So if I went swimming I had to take the keys too. I tied them to the cord of my bathers. One day the knot came lose and I lost the keys in the sea. (Didn't lose the bathers tho)
I had a reasonable idea where they were and searched for hours trying to find them. I went home to get a face mask and returned, the tide had come in quite a bit and I swam around and over where I thought they were. Then (using OT powers) I found them! There they were sitting on the sand in about 6 feet of water.
Notwithstanding the fact that the dolphins had not cunningly stolen and duplicated all my keys and replaced them on the sea floor, I diligently replaced my locks and got a new post office box, and sweated on having to do lower conditions next time I got back to Flag.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Notwithstanding the fact that the dolphins had not cunningly stolen and duplicated all my keys and replaced them on the sea floor, I diligently replaced my locks and got a new post office box, and sweated on having to do lower conditions next time I got back to Flag.

Can you imagine any non-scio actually believing you would have done that after the hours-long search? Any number of people here would have done exactly the same though. Incredible, isn't it?

Paul