What's new

Solo Nots security requirments

Feral

Rogue male
Gawd, yes its all true.
I remember you could not go anywhere without your keys - PO Box key, safe key (mine was a sturdy wooden cupboard). So if I went swimming I had to take the keys too. I tied them to the cord of my bathers. One day the knot came lose and I lost the keys in the sea. (Didn't lose the bathers tho)
I had a reasonable idea where they were and searched for hours trying to find them. I went home to get a face mask and returned, the tide had come in quite a bit and I swam around and over where I thought they were. Then (using OT powers) I found them! There they were sitting on the sand in about 6 feet of water.
Notwithstanding the fact that the dolphins had not cunningly stolen and duplicated all my keys and replaced them on the sea floor, I diligently replaced my locks and got a new post office box, and sweated on having to do lower conditions next time I got back to Flag.

HaHaHa! The nightmare that perhaps the security was compromised!

I only had one breach, one day I went in for my second or third session, I picked up my insulator, which was a piece of vinyl....under it was a correction list! Seriously, it was a near "secondary" it would only have been exceeded in pure shock value if I'd been told someone had died. I felt sick for two days, Jesus, what a wank!

You min. a wooden cabinet no longer passes as "secure", either does a filing cabinet, it has to be a safe or metal strong box now. The dolphins could never get in!:coolwink:

cantsay

Patron Meritorious
The funniest thing about all this, is when you get out you realise how readily available these materials are - there is absolutely no need for anyone to ever steal them.

Plus if you read them, you dont get sick/DIE/spin in or anything. I read all the OT levels a little while ago, and simply felt embarressed that people have to pay so much money to do these processed. No negative effects at all. They arent mind-blowing to look at either - I was severely disppointed at the early OT1-3 stuff - glorified locationals for crying out loud.

Feral

Rogue male
The funniest thing about all this, is when you get out you realise how readily available these materials are - there is absolutely no need for anyone to ever steal them.

Plus if you read them, you dont get sick/DIE/spin in or anything. I read all the OT levels a little while ago, and simply felt embarressed that people have to pay so much money to do these processed. No negative effects at all. They arent mind-blowing to look at either - I was severely disppointed at the early OT1-3 stuff - glorified locationals for crying out loud.

Maybe you can die from embarrassment. :D

Minuet #1 in G

Patron with Honors
Actually a little confession. The wooden cupboard for a while had a plywood back that anyone could have easily removed with a pair of plyers or screwdriver. I did realise this after a few weeks and fixed it up with a decent piece of thick wood. Luckily no prying dolphins intervened.
Bloody hell Ill never get back on the level now..

Mrs Pattycake

Patron with Honors
So how idiotic is this...

I was auditing at work and had to stop for petrol on the way there . so I got out and filled up the car and paid the attendant whilst carrying a briefcase strapped to my wrist. I felt like a complete idiot not leaving the case in the car - especially as Kev was sitting in the car waiting for me. But he did not have "OK" to look after my materials -even though he had the same things in his briefcase right next to him !!!

Then one Friday night on our way home from work both Kev and I had our materials and we stopped at the video shop - the guy behind the counter looked at us strangely and asked what we had in the briefcase ... cash or drugs ?

After that episode we decided that we needed to apply some commonsense to the security rules and anything that was attracting attention to us or the briefcase had to stop.

When catching a flight to the US, the security IC told me I could place my briefcase in the overhead locker across the isle so I could keep my eye on it during the trip. I jokingly asked what should I do when I feel asleep - I mean it is a 15 hour flight - and she just looked aghast. So I dropped that and asked what about going to the toilet - explaining the length of the trip, the amount of liquids I tend to drink and the bladder problems of post pregnant women - she told me I should take the briefcase with me. I looked aghast ! You've got to be joking ... how suspicious would it look - especially post 9/11 - fuck me they have no idea of the real world. I just nodded and went on "applying" Kev and my agreed upon security.

Mrs Pattycake

Patron with Honors
Oh I hated going to Flag and having to read other peoples liability conditions for "out security".

If I was on my sec check I would avoid this at all costs ... as advised by a vetran who had been on the level years longer than me !

You see the problem was that these poor sods may have admitted to something being "out security" that you had thought was ok or had not even thought of or it may restimulate something similiar in your own universe.

So best not to read any until after you had attested to your sec check !

Yes we lived in FEAR of being taken of this magnificant level !:omg:

Mrs Pattycake

Patron with Honors
But the charade of the security has to upheld so that they can charge the exorbitant fees for this precious data.

Just as the "precision" of the tech is upheld ... what with the video checked sessions, the need for verification from the Qual examiner, the C/S, the Deputy Senior C/S, and the Snr C/S as well as RTC ...every time you attested to something.

It is all treated so seriously - that is the worst part of it - it was not even fun !

R6Basic

Patron Meritorious
Thank you Feral and Pattycake, I often wondered what it would be like auditing on the famous OT levels!

Now I see I didn't miss a thing.

I can't image how expensive it must have been. Not just buying the levels but Going to Flag every six months, making sure your house had an alarm, a safe, etc. Wow, I don't know how anybody affords it.

lkwdblds

Crusader
Taking security to an extreme

But the charade of the security has to upheld so that they can charge the exorbitant fees for this precious data.

Just as the "precision" of the tech is upheld ... what with the video checked sessions, the need for verification from the Qual examiner, the C/S, the Deputy Senior C/S, and the Snr C/S as well as RTC ...every time you attested to something.

It is all treated so seriously - that is the worst part of it - it was not even fun !

REDUCTIO AD ABSURDUM A reduction of the Absurd to the Absurd -
Just as a joke, imagine an Apollo astronaut who was on his OT levels and had to take his briefcase with him to the Moon. While walking the Moon, the key falls out of a pocket onto the ground. They take off and return to Earth. The key is found to be missing and it comes up in the astronauts security check and he is ordered by Flag to return to the Moon and retrieve the key. He is off auditing until the key is retrieved.

The astronuat argues that no one on Earth can possibly retrieve the key. Flag counters that a Russian cosmonaut could retrieve it and then the Russians could gain access to the invaluable OT levels.
Lakey

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
OT security measures

I think the security measures and subsequent sec-checking for any rule breaking is all part of the mind-f..ck and part of the trap, as any normal person would be breaking some kind of rule most of the time.
My ex-wife will not speak to me, as she knows I have read OT3 on the internet.
My daughter, who is still in, I also told I read ALL the OT levels on the net.
I also told her that on the upper OT levels you learn that you had only 'mocked up' your past lives.

Why they just don't feel compelled to 'Google' these things is beyond me, as that is how any intelligent person would procede in my opinion.

lkwdblds

Crusader
You may be right but I doubt it.

I think the security measures and subsequent sec-checking for any rule breaking is all part of the mind-f..ck and part of the trap, as any normal person would be breaking some kind of rule most of the time.
My ex-wife will not speak to me, as she knows I have read OT3 on the internet.
My daughter, who is still in, I also told I read ALL the OT levels on the net.
I also told her that on the upper OT levels you learn that you had only 'mocked up' your past lives.

Why they just don't feel compelled to 'Google' these things is beyond me, as that is how any intelligent person would procede in my opinion.

You may be right about the security measures being part of the mind f..ck but I doubt it. Of course the lower ranking members do not know what's on the levels and believe in the confidentiality requirements but the question is whether the execs believe for real in the need for such tight security. My guess is that they do. If you take KSW #1 seriously then Scientology is a deadly serious activity and the life of every man, woman and child on this planet depends on Scientology succeeding.

To commit all the crimes which they carry out against their publics and their staffs, Scio execs most likely believe KSW #1. The truth of the datum I cited is necessary for them to believe in and acts as a justification for all their crimes. Without believing that and just engaging in a mind f..ck, the top execs and management would know they are criminals and I do not believe they believe such a thing. You see, their minds have been f..cked with by Hubbard already so that they believe they are saving the World.
Lakey

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
As I understand it, the security measures are primarily to ensure that none of these materials fall into "unauthhorised" hands. They might end up on the Internet or end up being delivered at a fraction of the cost/for free by "open source" types.
God forbid the ramifications of that ever happening! :omg:

Wisened One

Crusader
:omg: :wow: Thanks for this info, Kevin! I had no idea! :no: :eyeroll:

You know, this brings back a memory of when me and my boyfriend at the time were brand newbie scn's and we stayed a weekend at Flag. (without doing any courses or auditing, we were simply staying there as vacation).

Anyway, we hung out mostly in the lobby of Sand Castle because we were so 'enthralled' with the 'powerful ot space' (and we loved that beautiful large painting in reception area, too).

Anyways, we were meandering the halls and we came upon these double doors and we were looking through the crack in the doors, noticed yet another set of double doors... and bein' funny wondering why they were locked and stuff. :giggle:

Then some people came out the doors (got out of the way just in time, lol). And they were walking sooo purposefully past us, and we were in such awe of them! :ohmy: :bowdown: WE wanted whatever they were learning about behind those seekrit doors...:p

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow! I would have flunked security like every day!
I did!!! There were way more out-securities I didn't report than I did.

...one day I went in for my second or third session, I picked up my insulator, which was a piece of vinyl....under it was a correction list! Seriously, it was a near "secondary" it would only have been exceeded in pure shock value if I'd been told someone had died.
This is how I felt the entire time on Solo Nots, just in an anxious state of rattled nerves - all because of the security requirements!! :duh:

And I never followed the standard solo session procedure once I got home, either. I just memorized it at Flag to pass the drill. Who could remember that crap once you got home, after studying in such a nerve-wracking environment?? I didn't remember anything, and I still got "VWDs."

And they were walking sooo purposefully past us, and we were in such awe of them! :ohmy: :bowdown: WE wanted whatever they were learning about behind those seekrit doors...:p
Me too!!! :duh: I was such an "upstat." I made it! I knew all the secrets now. :puke:

I think it was the security requirements more than anything else that got me OUT. :D Once they told me I would have to buy a safe and bury it under the floor of my home I was done for.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
Simple Observation

From reading all of the above a Simple Observation occurs.

Ron says Seriousness = Mass, so therefore there is unresolved, not as-ised
masses connected continually with "the level" re the paranoid security and
undoubtedly also due to an out-tech that causes "the level" to go on
in an interminable way.

The dichotomy in LRH's universe between the Serious and the Spirit-of-Play
attitudes has still not been resolved for me, although I do know who to talk to
who knows LRH to resolve it.

More to resolve, as I am too serious myself.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I think Terril knows where it is. Solo nots has several aspects different to audited nots..

RPECs were done from time to time, not on misowned track, seriously the amount of overt chains that were mis owned in a single six month refresher is staggering, try ALL of the according to the tech of OTVIII, it's unlikely if you ever ran your own whole track in session.

You did the ethics on the this life time overts that came up.

I think it would be horrific to find that BTs or 'banks' are instructed to "GO IN" or are "SENT IN" during the middle of some folks' lifetimes.. DM would be like a dog chasing his own tail trying to find all the inlayed purposes. I just listened to the OT VIII confidential theory read again over YouTube. If Miscavage takes everything Ron say literally, then I can see how the repeated NED and INT and using FPRD style and listing for type of incident would come about.
(username SHOEK posted all the confidential levels on YouTube and read them all aloud. I thought the original OT I was interesting where you plot your last 3000 yrs and get the overt lifetime and then the motivator lifetime and repeat down the line plot.( getting the intention for each valence). The final version crapola.)

Last edited: