What's new

Hubbard's lying---in slow motion replay....

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Wanna see how Hubbard used LIES to defraud Scientologists?

Wanna understand how a master con man achieved Keeping Scams Working?

To see the utter depths of depraved LYING that Hubbard used to steal your money, here are your instructions:

1) Remember what you were first told when you got in Scientology--and what you read that a CLEAR would be, would be able to do, would be able to have.

2) Read the LRH reference (below) that works hard to create a seamless coverup of the fact that Clear has never been achieved.

3) After you read the reference, then remember what you were told and what you read about why a CLEAR was deeply in trouble ("at risk") and needed to do OT III. Then re-read what Hubbard said.

4) After that, remember what you were told and what you read about why an OT III was deeply in trouble ("at risk") and needed to do OT V (NOTS). Then re-read what Hubbard said.

5) After that, remember what you were told and what you read about why an OT V was deeply in trouble ("at risk") and needed to do OT VII (SOLO NOTS). Then re-read what Hubbard said.

6) After that, remember how much money, freedom, assets, stress-less leisure time and happiness that you currently have that you would not currently have if you were currently in Scientology.

Here is the Source of lies himself, L. Ron Hubbard, to handle you on why you never achieved what DMSMH guaranteed could be yours in "20 hours of processing:

“A general tendency is to regard a Clear as a sideshow piece. True, he is better than men have ever been before. But too much emphasis has been laid upon mental tricks a Clear may be able to do, his ability to recall accurately, his ability to see again anything at which he has gazed. In the business of living, these things are not important.

Happiness is important. The ability to arrange life and the environment so that living can be better enjoyed, the ability to tolerate the foibles of one’s fellow humans, the ability to see the true factors in a situation and resolve problems of living with accuracy, the ability to accept and execute responsibility – these things are important. Life is not much worth living if it cannot be enjoyed. The Clear enjoys living to a very full extent. He can stand up to situations which when he was not Cleared would have reduced him to a shambles. The ability to live well and fully and to enjoy that living is the gift of the Clear. Anyone looking for tricks can best find them in vaudeville.

The Clear has the advantage of not retaining, hidden from himself, pain and painful situations in his past which, being restimulated by the environment, enturbulate his reason and sicken his body. The Clear is produced simply by erasing all the engrams and locks: the pain and painful moments of the past. He is the current goal of Dianetic processing.

He is called a Clear because his basic personality, his self-determinism, his education and experience have been cleared of aberrative shadows.”​

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I'm not attesting AGAIN HH. :no:

:hysterical:

Congratulations! No attest or routing form needed, cuz...

Party Cog is senior to Clear Cog.

Actually Clear (originally billed as the ultimate buzz) turned out to be a total buzz killer.

Party on GT!!!!

Markus

Silver Meritorious Patron
Great post!

Wanna see how Hubbard used LIES to defraud Scientologists?

Wanna understand how a master con man achieved Keeping Scams Working?

To see the utter depths of depraved LYING that Hubbard used to steal your money, here are your instructions:

1) Remember what you were first told when you got in Scientology--and what you read that a CLEAR would be, would be able to do, would be able to have.

2) Read the LRH reference (below) that works hard to create a seamless coverup of the fact that Clear has never been achieved.

3) After you read the reference, then remember what you were told and what you read about why a CLEAR was deeply in trouble ("at risk") and needed to do OT III. Then re-read what Hubbard said.

4) After that, remember what you were told and what you read about why an OT III was deeply in trouble ("at risk") and needed to do OT V (NOTS). Then re-read what Hubbard said.

5) After that, remember what you were told and what you read about why an OT V was deeply in trouble ("at risk") and needed to do OT VII (SOLO NOTS). Then re-read what Hubbard said.

6) After that, remember how much money, freedom, assets, stress-less leisure time and happiness that you currently have that you would not currently have if you were currently in Scientology.

Here is the Source of lies himself, L. Ron Hubbard, to handle you on why you never achieved what DMSMH guaranteed could be yours in "20 hours of processing:

:yes::clap:
Markus

HelluvaHoax!

BAIT & SWITCH TECHNIQUE:

Sell CLEAR with the promised ability of "perfect memory". Collect the hundreds and hundreds of millions dollars from people who trust you.

Then when it becomes painfully obvious that there is no perfect memory, switch to a more thoughtfully surveyed button--"Happiness".

And do it all without a trace of guilt, remorse or apology for having stolen the money. Just boldly start promoting the new word ("happiness") as if nothing happened.

A general tendency is to regard a Clear as a sideshow piece. True, he is better than men have ever been before. But too much emphasis has been laid upon mental tricks a Clear may be able to do, his ability to recall accurately, his ability to see again anything at which he has gazed. In the business of living, these things are not important.

Happiness is important.........."

Carmel

Crusader
Yep, a shocker of a 'bait and switch', 'cause after the 'switch' came a series of different 'bait and switches', and each with more and more importance and further and further removed from the original - Then the bait wasn't just bait anymore, it became something more like lifeblood.

HelluvaHoax!

Yep, a shocker of a 'bait and switch', 'cause after the 'switch' came a series of different 'bait and switches', and each with more and more importance and further and further removed from the original - Then the bait wasn't just bait anymore, it became something more like lifeblood.

What allows it go go unnoticed is the SynfulSyntax that it is cleverly hidden behind. That's when Hubbard's WickedlyWilyWordcraft really gets wacky.

A forbidden (for Scientologists) peek thru the magnifying glass reveals somebody's fingerprints all over that document:

magnifyglass_fingerprint.gif

"A general tendency is to regard a Clear as a sideshow piece."
Yes, exactly as it was intended in 1950 and ever since. One tries to recall, in vain, Ron or any Reg or any Scientologist not hawking the abilities of Clear as would the most brazen Carnival Sideshow "caller" or pitchman. That IS what Ron does, sell tickets to paranormal sideshows.

"True, he is better than men have ever been before."
While minimizing or even denying the sensational claims, he suddenly re-states them so as to continue the con at full RPMs. ('Don't worry about exteriorizing...like the time I was nearly hit by a train on Venus!') Hubbard knows his prey and never fails to bait his rat traps with fake supernatural cheese.

"But too much emphasis has been laid upon mental tricks a Clear may be able to do, his ability to recall accurately, his ability to see again anything at which he has gazed."
Hubbard, himself, is the one that placed the overbearing emphasis on the mental tricks that abound in DMSMH, SOS, HISTORY OF MAN, CHA, 8008, 8-80 and countless other books, bulletins and lectures. And, let's admire for a moment the ambiguous turn of phrase "may be able to do" which confers two meanings at once; the clear implication being that a Clear IS ABLE to do, whilst retaining the other interpretation (COULD POSSIBLY do) as plausible deniability. Hubbard did not mistakenly fall upon such calculated ambiguity by mere accident.

"In the business of living, these things are not important."
And that cash that is in your pocket that was formerly in my wallet is likewise not important, right Ron? Yeah, I get it. It's only not important after people pay.

Last edited:

Carmel

Crusader
What allows it go go unnoticed is the SynfulSyntax that it is cleverly hidden behind. That's when Hubbard's WickedlyWilyWordcraft really gets wacky.

A forbidden (for Scientologists) peek thru the magnifying glass reveals somebody's fingerprints all over that document:

magnifyglass_fingerprint.gif

"A general tendency is to regard a Clear as a sideshow piece."
Yes, exactly as it was intended in 1950 and ever since. One tries to recall, in vain, Ron or any Reg or any Scientologist not hawking the abilities of Clear as would the most brazen Carnival Sideshow "caller" or pitchman. That IS what Ron does, sell tickets to paranormal sideshows.

"True, he is better than men have ever been before."
While minimizing or even denying the sensational claims, he suddenly re-states them so as to continue the con at full RPMs. ('Don't worry about exteriorizing...like the time I was nearly hit by a train on Venus!') Hubbard knows his prey and never fails to bait his rat traps with fake supernatural cheese.

"But too much emphasis has been laid upon mental tricks a Clear may be able to do, his ability to recall accurately, his ability to see again anything at which he has gazed."
Hubbard, himself, is the one that placed the overbearing emphasis on the mental tricks that abound in DMSMH, SOS, HISTORY OF MAN, CHA, 8008, 8-80 and countless other books, bulletins and lectures. And, let's admire for a moment the ambiguous turn of phrase "may be able to do" which confers two meanings at once; the clear implication being that a Clear IS ABLE to do, whilst retaining the other interpretation (COULD POSSIBLY do) as plausible deniability. Hubbard did not mistakenly fall upon such calculated ambiguity by mere accident.

"In the business of living, these things are not important."
And that cash that is in your pocket that was formerly in my wallet is likewise not important, right Ron? Yeah, I get it. It's only not important after people pay.
Good analysis.

EDIT: I didn't mean to push submit button. Will add to this with my "wtf" on the whole thing, in my next post here.

HelluvaHoax!

Does anyone know the date of the quote in the op?

Here is the note appended to the bottom of the email that I received today with that Quote sent by Celeb Center. Apparently the source is SOS/Dianetic Evaluation.

– L. Ron Hubbard, Science of Survival, Dianetic Evaluation

You can contact me here:
• Cell phone – (310) 808-5998
• Direct phone – (323) 960-3124
• Direct fax – (323) 960-3133
• E-mail – [email protected] (or just respond to this email)

Much Love,
Brian Phillips

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
Here is the note appended to the bottom of the email that I received today with that Quote sent by Celeb Center.

Yes, the quote sounded like something from around mid 1951.

I asked as LRH Tech people will look at that quote and say,"So?"

It's similar to Hubbard's statements 27 years later re. "Dianetic Clear," when Hubbard decided that "Keyed out Clear is Clear." http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=75265&postcount=15

There are so many descriptions and definitions of "Clear," from 'DMSMH' to "theta Clear" to a kind of creative processing Clear to "actual GPM" goals Clear (I think Hubbard was supposed to be a "5 goal Clear"), to Implant GPM Clear (Clearing Course) to 2 years after that, with OT 3, all Clears then being "at risk."

A mix of stuff that fascinates tech people (and is sometimes, IMO, genuinely interesting), and ol' con man Hubbard, with his many gimmicks, most notably "bait and switch."

Feral

Rogue male
“A general tendency is to regard a Clear as a sideshow piece. True, he is better than men have ever been before. But too much emphasis has been laid upon mental tricks a Clear may be able to do, his ability to recall accurately, his ability to see again anything at which he has gazed. In the business of living, these things are not important.

Happiness is important.........."

What? But I wasn't happier, in fact I was very slightly different. Sort of the same, but poorer and drilled and grilled after having run an obstacle course.

Then I was told I was at risk, sort of like I had a new mental illness. I had to get to OTIII, or else, well HH you guessed the rest in you OP.

Sad tale, hard way to learn critical thinking skills.

HelluvaHoax!

There are so many descriptions and definitions of "Clear," from 'DMSMH' to "theta Clear" to a kind of creative processing Clear to "actual GPM" goals Clear (I think Hubbard was supposed to be a "5 goal Clear"), to Implant GPM Clear (Clearing Course) to 2 years after that, with OT 3, all Clears then being "at risk."A mix of stuff that fascinates tech people (and is sometimes, IMO, genuinely interesting), and ol' con man Hubbard, with his many gimmicks, most notably "bait and switch."

Yes....the Bridge being a crescendo of ever-increasing fanfare about the newest and greatest breakthrough ever. The sheer volume of text and tape gives the subject of Scientology the patina of authenticity.

But one thing for sure. Hubbard was a "people pleaser" but instead of giving them what they want, he merely PROMISED to give them what they want. He may have just been mad enough to believe that he was verging on a technical breakthrough that would pull him out of the tailspin.

But the cascade of broken promises eventually catches up in a terrible way and enemies begin to come back for their money or revenge or justice. That's apparently when Hubbard discovered his "attack tech" in order to keep the unhappy customers fearful of taking action. He framed it in the usual Byzantine pseudo-science calling it PTS Tech or whatever was the thrilling buzzword of the moment.

But Hubbard did not please people. They pleased themself and he took credit. And when they were not pleased, he took no responsibility.

He was, eventually, a people pleaser that was between a rock and a hard place. And he even had tech on that too! LOL. Hubbard called it "THE ROCK" and it was handled by (if I recall correctly, it's been decades) with an L & N using the list question:

WHO OR WHAT WOULD BE A PEOPLE
PLEASER?

If i was to list that today, my first item would be "NOT RON HUBBARD!" :D

HelluvaHoax!

What? But I wasn't happier, in fact I was very slightly different. Sort of the same, but poorer and drilled and grilled after having run an obstacle course.

Then I was told I was at risk, sort of like I had a new mental illness. I had to get to OTIII, or else, well HH you guessed the rest in you OP.

Sad tale, hard way to learn critical thinking skills.

Hey I think we are both alumni.........

Institution: Con College.
Enrollment Price: $350,000
Degree: Doctorate in Knowing How to Know When Your Guru Doesn't Know WTF They are Talking About.

Carmel

Crusader
Good analysis.

EDIT: I didn't mean to push submit button. Will add to this with my "wtf" on the whole thing, in my next post here.

For me and for many of us, there was something more insidious than the lies about "clear" or "OT". There was the other set of lies/bait, and all sorts of different varieties that got people hooked, and it happened in stages. With every fork in the road it got harder and harder, and any answers that were on offer were like a lifeboat.....those answers of course, were provided and on offer as a means to keep us 'on track'.

I got sucked in by LRH's bait and lies, but not so much about clear or OT.....it was more about the "brief breath in eternity" stuff and it went sorta like this...

- One minute I'm a bit lost, young, idealistic, and wondering what I should be doing with my life, and kinda hoping that one day I'll find what I'm looking for.

- Next minute Scn comes into the picture, and it appears to be everything I've been looking for in one sweet package. What a find! It was presented as everything I needed/desired (purpose, understanding and *ability*, as opposed to "states" promised on grade chart), and it was presented as something which was totally on track with where I wanted to go.

- Next thing I'm on staff. I can now read and write, I have a great bunch of friends who understand me. I'm learning so much, I'm helping people, and I'm helping myself. I don't consider myself a 'no hoper' or a 'dummy' anymore, I don't feel alone anymore, and I am "happy".

- Next thing, I feel I have an obligation - "If scientology can salvage me, then it can salvage anyone".

- The obligation starts to get tough, and everything's getting serious, cuz having found this wonderful road out, the powers that be don't seem to be seeing it or following the *right* road.

- Next thing, there's conflict, and an irony, cuz even though I've learnt what to do, and how ta do it, I'm not permitted to apply what I've learnt/found.

- This road out, there for the taking, is being covered in debris. Can't let that happen, so the obligation gets heavier, and things start to get desperate.

- Next thing, I have no choice. The world is under siege, and it's irresponsible of me to expect others to defend it, if I'm not prepared to defend it myself.

- I get beaten up time and time again by the allies. Can't let that deter me though, cuz they're just effect of group think which is the enemy and the very same thing we are fighting.

- It becomes a horrid world within the ranks of Scn, but it's not Scn's fault...it's the circumstances and the pressure of it all thats making those within the ranks buckle and resort to awful means.

- Happiness, fulfillment, life and love are on hold or limited for the time being, cuz if we don't do what we need to do now, there'll be no happiness, fulfillment, life and love for ANYONE, down the track. Scn made me happy, and gave me a "level of cause" I didn't think possible. I can't deny that Scn must be supported. I have a responsibility and an obligation......If I deny that or try and push it away, it'll haunt me for the rest of my days.

- What about my children? If I don't owe it to myself and to others I care about, I at least owe it to them.

- I have no choice. I can't pull the plug.......If I stop and others like me stop, then we are ALL doomed.

Aaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh! A complete load of crap, but seen as true and the most important thing on earth. :puke:

Every which way I turned when I was looking for answers, I was floundering and desperate for direction. I grabbed and clung on to whatever seemed to apply. For example "obligation" and "responsibilty".....there's truth in that stuff, and it has its place, and when applied to life, all good, but when applied to the reason one must contribute to Scn, it was wrong, and clearly put there as something to keep people trapped.

So this is my point...

Everything has its polarities, and that's the bloody shit of it all when it comes to Scientology......Ya can take something on board cuz it has truth and is of use, but that very same thing can be a lie and cause so much hurt, harm and entrapment. Truth in the hands of a manipulating con man, can and does become that which is best used to twist in order to deceive.......LRH was good at this.

Anonycat

Crusader
No one remains high on the tone scale as a result of Sci. As promised, no one throws their glasses away. One does not gain an IQ point for every hour of auditing.

HelluvaHoax!

No one remains high on the tone scale as a result of Sci. As promised, no one throws their glasses away. One does not gain an IQ point for every hour of auditing.

TRUE!

However, one does gain an IQ point for every cycle done in Scientology--until they eventually are smart enough to leave. These are as special kind of IQ points. I Quit points.