What's new

Redskins Owner is a Scientologist?

Div6

Crusader
Look about 1/2way down this link to some Muckety Search that a poster in WWP made.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-m...fowler-scientology-minister-charged-60161/93/

Seriously, is this true?

I gotta look into this some more.

Maybe Donovan McNabb should have refused that trade!!

Rd00

He is partners with Tom Cruise in First and Goal LLC. He trotted both Tom and Katie out on to FedEx field several years ago after the deal was done in a pre-game exhibition. He also has had some nasty PR following last seasons debacle. Suing season ticket holders who could no longer afford to pay for seats,while re-selling the same seats on Stub Hub. Classic double dipping with an ethos befitting of the current crop of "scientologists".....

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
He is partners with Tom Cruise in First and Goal LLC. He trotted both Tom and Katie out on to FedEx field several years ago after the deal was done in a pre-game exhibition. He also has had some nasty PR following last seasons debacle. Suing season ticket holders who could no longer afford to pay for seats,while re-selling the same seats on Stub Hub. Classic double dipping with an ethos befitting of the current crop of "scientologists".....

I remember hearing something from ESPN a few months about the Redskins suing people who did not want to continue to subscribe to their season tickets subscriptions or something like that.

Now things are starting to make more sense after learning about Snyder's connections.

Rd00

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
One more reason to root for the Eagles!

In my book

Giants>Eagles>Redskins>Cowboys

Sorry, can't help it!

And I hope the Eagle fans give McNabb the ovation he deserves when the SKins come into town.

But what would be pitiful for McNabb is if he is leading the Skins to an awesome season and somehow Snyder manages to footbullet the team.

Rd00

Div6

Crusader
I remember hearing something from ESPN a few months about the Redskins suing people who did not want to continue to subscribe to their season tickets subscriptions or something like that.

Now things are starting to make more sense after learning about Snyder's connections.

Rd00

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/02/AR2009090203887.html

"It would be hard to find a more loyal fan of the Washington Redskins than real estate agent Pat Hill. She's had season tickets since the early 1960s, when her daughter danced in the halftime shows at the old D.C. Stadium, before it was renamed in memory of Robert F. Kennedy.

In the hallway of her modest home south of Alexandria, the 72-year-old grandmother points out the burgundy-and-gold Redskins hook rug she made. In her bedroom, she shows off the pennants from two Redskins Super Bowl games she attended, and she opens a music box on her dresser that plays "Hail to the Redskins."

Now, Hill says, her beloved Redskins are forcing her into bankruptcy.

Last year, Hill's real estate sales were hit hard by the housing market crash, and she told the team that she could no longer afford her $5,300-a-year contract for two loge seats behind the end zone. Hill said she asked the Redskins to waive her contract for a year or two.

The sales office declined.

On Oct. 8, the Redskins sued Hill in Prince George's County Circuit Court for backing out of a 10-year ticket-renewal agreement after the first year. The team sought payment for every season through 2017, plus interest, attorneys' fees and court costs.

Hill couldn't afford a lawyer. She did not fight the lawsuit or even respond to it because, she said, she believes that the Bible says that it is morally wrong not to pay your debts. The team won a default judgment of $66,364.

"It really breaks my heart," Hill said, her voice cracking as the tears well and spill. "I don't even believe in bankruptcy.

"We are supposed to pay our bills. I ain't trying to get out of anything."

Hill is one of 125 season ticket holders who asked to be released from multiyear contracts and were sued by the Redskins in the past five years. The Washington Post interviewed about two dozen of them. Most said that they were victims of the economic downturn, having lost a job or experiencing some other financial hardship.

Redskins General Counsel David Donovan said the lawsuits are a last resort that involve a small percentage of the team's 20,000 annual premium seat contracts. He added that the team has accommodated people in hard-luck circumstances hundreds of times. He said he was unaware of Pat Hill's case.

"The Washington Redskins routinely works out payment plans and alternate arrangements with hundreds of ticket holders every year," Donovan said. "For every one we sue, I would guess we work out a deal with half a dozen."

Moar at link...may require registration.

He also has had some nasty PR following last seasons debacle. Suing season ticket holders who could no longer afford to pay for seats,while re-selling the same seats on Stub Hub. Classic double dipping with an ethos befitting of the current crop of "scientologists".....

Sounds like "common business practice" here in ol "greed is good" u.s.. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
oh this cracks me up - a Realtor crying "hard times"?? Gimme a break.

Apparently when the Realtors were busy living high of the hog and helping create a housing bubble this lady had no problem signing a 10 year contract - no-one had a gun to her head, no-one was even trying to convince her that the immortal souls of the entire planet depended on her buying this.

She made one dumb fucking decision after another (first one being a Redskins fan) .

But she doesnt want to declare bankruptcy... oh how fucking noble. She could declare bankruptcy and get the debt collectors off her back and still voluntarily pay the debt if she wishes.

And to cap it all someone posts it as a sob story??? Pathetic.

Last edited:

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
I wonder what the other 124 season ticket holders had for a reason to ask to be let go.

At any rate sports fans are saying that the Redskins should have had no trouble getting new deals on the tickets.

In the Church if someone wants a refund of unused services, ti is not like the Church has people lined up at the door waiting to buy the opening.

Rd00