What's new

Carmen Rainer - ABC (Aus) Lateline: Perverting the Course of Justice

Kha Khan

Patron Meritorious
From TinyDancer at WWP - Carmen Rainer - ABC (Aus) Lateline: Perverting the Course of Justice

"As foreshadowed at the end of last night's program, tonight Lateline will show an interview with a woman who, as an 11-year-old, was coached by a leading scientologist on how to lie to authorities to cover up her sexual abuse.

UPDATE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUBEhc-6CCA
Transcript and video Lateline interview with Amy Scobee - 19 May 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvwukGdk8I0

Jan Eastgate is the President of CCHR International:
  1. A magazine produced by the Citizen's Commission on Human Rights International on psychiatric rape is available on the CCHR Australia website. Jan Eastgate appears at p5.
  2. There's footage of Jan on CBS's "48 Hours" in 2006. (See the hour-long video with multiple appearances by Eastgate. You can see where she pops up a number of times in the transcript.The background is the Elli Perkins murder - a tragedy very similar to that of Linda Walicki and family in Sydney in 2007.)
  3. Jan also appears in this 2008 program from svt (Sverige Television): YouTube - Mission investigate Scientology part 4 (at 3:44 ff).

Media:

Top Scientologist 'covered up sex abuse' - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Church faces new abuse claims - Sydney Morning Herald

Scientologist accused of covering up abuse | The Australian

Scientologists Accused of Covering Up 11-Year-Old Girl's Rape (Updated) - Scientology - Gawker

ODIT/UNews: Top CCHR Scientologist Accused of Child Rape Cover-Up [video]

Scientologists Accused Of Covering Up 11-Year-Old Girl’s Rape | Defamer Australia"

/

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
charity status

we need to get rid of their charitable status worldwide so that the deception stops.
In the mean time they have realized that if you mention $cientology you won't get any money, so they cloke themselves with the 'Human rights' issues and 'drugfree world' which everybody is against.
Its pure deceit!

minnie

Patron with Honors
Never liked Jan Eastgate, particularly after she made several snide comments, and face-ripped me once. This, at the time, supposedly coming from a "Cleared Theta Clear" which she had boasted that she had attained.

Absolutely disgusting the way she manipulated Carmen and Phoebe. Human rights? For whom?

Purple Rain

Crusader
Exactly!!!! where is Derrin when he's needed to play the "shame game"

You think Carmen doesn't know what happened to her??

*shrugs incredulously*

Well, don't worry. I'm sure the inquiry will get to the bottom of it, and deal more than adequately with any criminal charges that may result.

Just as I'm certain that people will continue to enjoy lampooning the cult's usual TR Lie PR.

Did you hear the one about the great Sea Org accommodation? Laughed out loud over that one .... Oh, those jokers!

Carmel

Crusader
Purple Rain....

Phoenix Rising is Phoebe Rainer, Carmen's mum, and I think she was referring to Derryn Hinch, who in the early '80's went for Scn like a dog with a bone.

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
Did you hear the one about the great Sea Org accommodation? Laughed out loud over that one .... Oh, those jokers!

Next to parks and beaches no less.

During the early 80s, Pat and Harry Bloomberg lived with us for a time in our living room on the couch in our flat in Coogee, as there wasn't anywhere else for Pat and Harry to live at the time.. They had a son, Chris, who would have been in his early teens, but he didn't come and live with us. I didn't even wonder where Chris was, but I guess he would have been in the Cadet Org. Does anyone know what happened to Chris?

Purple Rain

Crusader
Phoenix Rising I had a young daughter also abused by my partner whilst I was in Scientology, so it's a topic I'm really sensitive about. I do know about the guilt, and the grief and the anger and the ruined lives. I want you to know I really feel for you. In my case they didn't stop me going to the courts, but they encouraged him to go off his psychiatric medication which led to him behaving in a psychotic and abusive fashion, and they discouraged 'wog' counselling for my little girl afterwards. All the best to you and to Carmen from the bottom of my heart.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I hope that the courage shown by Phoenix and Carmen and all the others in Australia will inspire more victims of Scientology to come forward around the world.

They can't do a thing to anyone right now - it's too dangerous for them.

The time is now.

Carmel

Crusader
Next to parks and beaches no less.

During the early 80s, Pat and Harry Bloomberg lived with us for a time in our living room on the couch in our flat in Coogee, as there wasn't anywhere else for Pat and Harry to live at the time.. They had a son, Chris, who would have been in his early teens, but he didn't come and live with us. I didn't even wonder where Chris was, but I guess he would have been in the Cadet Org. Does anyone know what happened to Chris?
There was no Cadet Org back then. I was thinking about that the other day. The only kids I can remember were the Judges, Joel O'leary and Chris........Back then Phyll Stevens was CO Syd Day, then CO ANZO. While she was around people with kids weren't recruited for the SO and SO members weren't permitted to have them. She had her own rules that she imposed. People in Sydney only started to have kids after she left.

I often wondered what happened to Chris. Also, I can't for the life of me work out how the woman who is the epitome of everything I hate about about Scn and that which I most despise (Sue McClintock), is the daughter of the man I most respected, admired and loved. I'm glad he's not around to witness the deceit of his grand daughter on the Scarlett Lateline segment.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Phoenix Rising, thank-you for what you have done. That took a lot of courage, but it will go a long way in undoing the evil hold that the cult of Scientology has on it's members, and to varying degrees on it's ex members.

:hug:

Div6

Crusader
This is the opening act? My god, what a bombshell.

The media are doing a great job of laying the groundwork for the revelations that I am sure will follow.

And what a treat to see Carmel!

Bravo!

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Eh!?

I hope that the courage shown by Phoenix and Carmen and all the others in Australia will inspire more victims of Scientology to come forward around the world.
They can't do a thing to anyone right now - it's too dangerous for them.
The time is now.

You Aussies seem to be a damned good bunch of fighting blokes. Is it because Emma's an Aussie (isn't she?) that helps her (you Emma) to create this site and maintain it and keep it as a website that stands out like a beacon in the darkness? The others: Nick Xenophon? Carmen? Carmel? Phoebe? ANY of you that have done anything (I don't wish to exclude or ignore anyone here). :confused2: :)

I applaud you Emma and all of you down-under, get-in-the-clam's-face freedom fighters that refuse to take a back seat, as I am doing at the moment. I can imagine the level of courage needed to fight, face-to-face these fanatical assholes and that needs recognition. :yes:

I have promised myself that someday I will stand up to them, in person, with or without a Guy Fawkes mask.:yes:

The ranks of worldwide $ciocult stompers is growing daily: there IS hope. ARS started the groundwork, ESMB and ANON and Arnie (and many others) have put the fight in front of the eyes of the world. Thank God for all of ya! :yes: :thumbsup:

Funny, but who I pray to now is the same God that the big fat goofy clam tricked me into believing did NOT exist! :grouch:

Kudos, Godspeed and every other well-wish to the lot of you! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Once bitten

Patron Meritorious
There was no Cadet Org back then. I was thinking about that the other day. The only kids I can remember were the Judges, Joel O'leary and Chris........Back then Phyll Stevens was CO Syd Day, then CO ANZO. While she was around people with kids weren't recruited for the SO and SO members weren't permitted to have them. She had her own rules that she imposed. People in Sydney only started to have kids after she left.

Although Phyll WAS against recruiting parents on staff, I remember a girl, (I won't put her name incase she's lurking) who was recruited although she had two kids. They were 2 & 4 years' old. She was in a relationship with a guy who had been in the army who was public. She had trouble with child-care, and was screamed at to 'make it go right'. She found a person who was willing to look after them daily, who lived in a top flat. She would drop her kids off there and they would be screaming. She was so upset to leave them, and cried herself. When they were sick, the care-giver wouldn't have them, and again she was screamed at to make it go right and turn up for post even though she had sick kids. She also had to work a wog-job to pay the babysitter and rent etc, etc, so she never saw her kids.

Her boyf had paid for a lot of auditing and courses but was declared as it was believed he had been pdh'ed while in the army and was a plant. She then had a brief fling with our Dof T before deciding what a shit place the org was and how bad it was her her kids and she blew.

GOOD ON HER!!

At the time we all decided she was an SP and I'm so ashamed to go along with the rest of the staff in thinking it. I just want to say sorry. I wish I'd had the guts to stick up for her.

:grouphug:

Last edited: