What's new

Rebuttal from CofS on allegations of cover up on child abuse

Getting the hang of posting!!!

Ok I think I've got the hang of this..... thanks for all the tips...

-
Carmen and Phoebe were ordered not to talk to me, and I was ordered not to talk to them.

Brainwashing is such a powerful thing!!!! I can just imagine if anyone told any of us now "not to talk" to someone we would tell them where to "get off" :angry:

-
I threw in the towel on dealing with the matter. Back then, I didn't have the mindset which would have permitted me to go to outside authorities and tell them that Carmen was being coached to lie. Looking at it now, I could have/should have pulled Phoebe aside and together we could have maybe been able to sort it out, but I didn't.

That is the whole problem - we all had the same "mindset" which was to "protect the church" at all costs...
Don't beat yourself up about it Carmel, its like that old addage, woulda! coulda! shoulda! or the other way around, I forget now...:confused2:
Bit like "if the dog didn't shop to have a shit, he would have caught the rabbit"
Lets hope that some more people will now have the courage to come forward and tell their story to help put an end to this abuse because now is the time!!!:hourglass:

practice

Patron with Honors
I'm still not very good with navigating around this site. :pcpunch:

I would have loved to have attached some other posts and answered them, but am not sure yet how to do that... but:::::

Thank you, Scooter, Kevin and Opter for your kind words. Kevin, I don't know if we ever met? so Hi now....:wave:

Ok, somehow Emma is going to insert my document for you all to read... once I started doing it, I sorta felt I was putting too much attention on "them" and wanted to stop, but I promised so here it is.... I have not put any comments on parts I have no knowledge on but there is a comment at the end..

AND just in case there is anyone lurking around that is still in and reading this, I'm not afraid of you, you have NOTHING I want and THE TRUTH HAS SET ME FREE!!!!!

Thanks to everyone and especially Carmen my very brave daughter!!! :love8::biglove:

Keep up the good work everyone!!!!:thankyou:
Pheonix, you wrote in the document you attached: "Yes, Vicky did send Robert to the police twice – AFTER my current partner and I threatened the “church” with
legal action, I have the documents to prove it and now so does the ABC."

If it is not too much trouble... could you scan in some of those documents and put them online? It's one thing for me to know you have documents to back you up, and another for me to have a copy of the documents that I can show to someone else who does not believe me.

Carmel

Crusader
Pheonix, you wrote in the document you attached: "Yes, Vicky did send Robert to the police twice – AFTER my current partner and I threatened the “church” with
legal action, I have the documents to prove it and now so does the ABC."

If it is not too much trouble... could you scan in some of those documents and put them online? It's one thing for me to know you have documents to back you up, and another for me to have a copy of the documents that I can show to someone else who does not believe me.
Given that there is a police investigation on the matter, this wouldn't be appropriate.

Besides, there is enough "documentation" and testimony on the Lateline segment to indicate that no-one from the church sent Robert to the police at that time, and Phoenix has just made comment that the CofS did in fact him send him there as they professed to, but, 13 years or so after the fact.....An omission of time, which gives a different picture all together.

It'd be interesting to ask Vicky *when* they sent Robert to the police....She would be the one to ask, not Phoenix who has shed some light on the matter.

freethinker

Sponsor
The bottom line is these are claims by the Church of Scientology and nothing more.

They, Davey, are trying to convince with statistics that the church is right and above reproach.

Those statistics are false or based on incredibly low numbers to begin with or were achieved in a manner that should be investigated as well.

Let them prove what they say and the lies will fall out into plain view.

It is only an attempt to thwart with overwhelming data any attempt to challenge it.

It's a bluff and there is probably less than 10% factual data there.

Make them prove their statements and it will fall apart.

Anonycat

Crusader
Hi Everyone!!!

I can see by this "statement" I am going to have to come out of my "witness protection" I can't just sit back and do nothing or have everyone think I don't know what I'm talking about....

I am Phoebe Rainer and I will post a reply to this statement, because I want to make sure the facts are correct, it may take me some time so in the meantime, I thought I would let you all know that what I have said previously is because "I lived it" not because I "heard it on the grapevine"...

I am a different person to the one that was in the "cult" and I know it's a bit late coming but I will stand by my daughter and defend her to the death - and I will take "no shit" that anyone might try and put on her... She is a beautiful person that was "fucked up" by a "cult" and it's belief system, she is paying for this daily while I have to watch, helplessly, but I am going to do something about it now!!!!!!!

The statement that has just been posted is a pack of lies and I will post "my side" but that may take a bit of time so please be patient with me and I'll try and get it done as fast as I can..

Thank you all for your support...
Here is the link to the original source of this statement...
http://www.xenutv.com/blog/?p=4823

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. There are some excellent researchers here, and others that may be of value somehow.

Thank you for being here! I am behind you all the way.

PS - I occasionally check the ranking for their website, which was mentioned in the BS letter. It is, of course, declining.

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/scientology.org#

Cheers,
'Cat

Carmel

Crusader
A little slow off the mark, but a first take up on the latest developments at
Infinite Complacency now:

Infinite Complacency: 12 Xenophon Ups the Ante

Best,

Jonny Jacobsen
Infinite Complacency
Very cool, Jonny! :thumbsup:

I love the way you've put that all together, coz that's the way it is......The "worldwide pattern of abuse" is known about by so many who have been involved, but your *overview* will help those who haven't been involved to see it. Thank you. :)