What's new

Submissions for the Inquiry are now being accepted (May 2010)

greebly

Patron with Honors
Sorry for being dumb in advance.
I have scanned through it and it seems a more general summary of matters.

Good nonetheless and will get folks thinking.

RogerB

Crusader
A Point We Can use That is Applicable

I am on a dial-up connection at the moment as my broadband/cable connection ISP is down :evil:

So things are painfully slow for me this morning.

I've just been onto the Ozzie Senate Inquiry Submissions page . . . . a new submission is showing, and it, as the first one submitted (both from lawyers), reasoned against the amendment :grouch:

Though the second one contains a line we can include or otherwise use against the CofS in our submissions. I highlight the relevant item/issue in red.

To wit:

Existing facility to remove charitable endorsement

Endorsement as a Tax Concession Charity under the Income Tax Assessment Act 1997 is at the discretion of the ATO and it has the power to review or audit endorsements at any time. It is already engaged in an active program of such reviews.

Endorsement as a charity requires that both the main purposes and activities of the organisation are charitable.
If significant detrimental activities are occurring the endorsement may be revoked based on the activities test.
This revocation can be disputed through the courts and then it is up to courts to robustly examine the purposes and activities of the organisation to determine whether they are charitable.

My submission went in the day before yesterday before the Senate site went down. Checking this morning (NYC time) I see my missive has not yet been posted as "accepted."

Rog

TG1

Angelic Poster
OK, Aussies,

From USA here -- I've got a draft of my letter done and am now comparing it to all your tips here and starting to revise it.

There are several threads here about how to do this right and so many posts lately about so many topics I'm afraid I will miss something.

Would it be too big a pain in the ass to put yet one more thread (perhaps with links to the most pertinent posts in other threads) that tells those of us who are NOT in Australia or Australian citizens how to get this letter submitted to the right people on time?

I'm also happy to send my letter to Australia via international courier if you guys think that would help in any way.

Thanks,

TG1

Carmel

Crusader
OK, Aussies,

From USA here -- I've got a draft of my letter done and am now comparing it to all your tips here and starting to revise it.

There are several threads here about how to do this right and so many posts lately about so many topics I'm afraid I will miss something.

Would it be too big a pain in the ass to put yet one more thread (perhaps with links to the most pertinent posts in other threads) that tells those of us who are NOT in Australia or Australian citizens how to get this letter submitted to the right people on time?

I'm also happy to send my letter to Australia via international courier if you guys think that would help in any way.

Thanks,

TG1
Read the first post of this link, but read it carefully. It will give you how to submit online from outside of Australia, and two other points that you need to know for your submission to count.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/318-...8-closing-date-submissions-66869/#post1249611

TG1

Angelic Poster
Carmel,

Thank you for explaining all this again -- for the umpteenth time, no doubt.

I'm reading the instructions now.

Best,

TG1

jenni with an eye

Silver Meritorious Patron
G

Gottabrain

I'm putting mine together now and its a doozy.

Have also contacted the inactive ex's on my FB.

the-ghostwhowalks

Patron with Honors
HELP ! - Can someone type FAST who also has SKYPE

My idea is to read out my submission over skype ( 18 pages ) - Some OT person could type it superfast , then email it back to me etc etc ... Is there anyone out there who can type say 100 words a minute ?- That way , It won't be a major chore - Could even be fun ! ( remember fun ? ) :coolwink:

Baloo

Patron
I submit that all dianetics and scientology propaganda (meaning all material) should be destroyed, all buildings should be leveled and replaced with hustler super stores, and all scientology celebrities should be deported to belgium, nobody fucking cares about them and they don't care about shit.