What's new

David Mayo

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
I'm looking for info on David Mayo.
If you have some original content, like info, audio tapes, videotapes or papers from him, please let me know, or better post it!

Thank you! :happydance:

I think someone may enjoy one of the very few videos of him found on Internet:

A talk on disillusionment.
http://fr.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1322D602C66E8660

M

Veda

Sponsor
I'm looking for info on David Mayo.
If you have some original content, like info, audio tapes, videotapes or papers from him, please let me know, or better post it!

Thank you! :happydance:

I think someone may enjoy one of the very few videos of him found on Internet:

A talk on disillusionment.
http://fr.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=1322D602C66E8660

M

From the Websites section. Contains two links from 1986:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=42821&postcount=4

The 1986 Miller interview of Mayo is (temporarily?) not functioning. Here's a replacement:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=43167&postcount=8

Last edited:

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Does he sound like as big a goober apologist to anyone else as he does to me? He learned from the master, I guess. Yuck.

Mojo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Does he sound like as big a goober apologist to anyone else as he does to me? He learned from the master, I guess. Yuck.

"Yuck"? Ok, whatever floats your boat. Language is indeed a sundry thing.

But "He learned from the master" [to be a goober apologist for his mentor?] Are you sincerely implying that L. Ron Hubbard was an cartoonish apologist for some supposed mentor? in a like vein that David Mayo was portraying his relationship with Hubbard and Scientology? Surely you jest.

Let me ask you this: If 10 people sat in a room and listened to you speak for 10 minutes and then each were questioned about their experience/opinion of you and 5 of them said you were brilliant and 5 of them said you were an idiot, which 5 would you tend to believe were honestly telling the truth about you?

Guess what? it doesn't matter what you think because what any and all of those 10 people said about you were only projections of themselves onto you.

I am not an apologist for David Mayo (although I do admire his courage convictions and creativity) but I am an apologist for character-assassins that either inadvertently or deliberatly engage in their chosen field. In the first case defending under the legal notion of accident, in the second case, under the legal notion of ignorance.

In this case I am working pro-bono, for you (as I trust you are brilliant within).

Mojo

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
"Yuck"? Ok, whatever floats your boat. Language is indeed a sundry thing.

But "He learned from the master" [to be a goober apologist for his mentor?] Are you sincerely implying that L. Ron Hubbard was an cartoonish apologist for some supposed mentor? in a like vein that David Mayo was portraying his relationship with Hubbard and Scientology? Surely you jest.

Let me ask you this: If 10 people sat in a room and listened to you speak for 10 minutes and then each were questioned about their experience/opinion of you and 5 of them said you were brilliant and 5 of them said you were an idiot, which 5 would you tend to believe were honestly telling the truth about you?

Guess what? it doesn't matter what you think because what any and all of those 10 people said about you were only projections of themselves onto you.

I am not an apologist for David Mayo (although I do admire his courage convictions and creativity) but I am an apologist for character-assassins that either inadvertently or deliberatly engage in their chosen field. In the first case defending under the legal notion of accident, in the second case, under the legal notion of ignorance.

In this case I am working pro-bono, for you (as I trust you are brilliant within).

Mojo

Thank you for your response, as incredibly muddled as it is. Most of your rerponses are muddled, intentionally, I assume, since simple, clear language is relatively easy to write but frightfully easy to respond to.

Mayo is a tech advocate in the videos I saw. No where was a hint that the tech was at issue. Those 8 million standing aside could possibly suggest, gee, we might have some issues here. Never came up. There was a good deal of smiling pause while you get my obvious drift nonsense. There was no sense of what is really going on here. It takes no brilliance to see through it. It takes some foolishness, adoration, misplaced loyalty, obviousness, and Mojo to do otherwise, apparently.
By the way if you ever write a cogent post let me know. I would love to see it.

Mojo

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank you for your response....By the way if you ever write a cogent post let me know. I would love to see it.

Apparently our cyber-space relationship is hopelessly beyond slavage. Lol.:melodramatic:

Equally apparent (at least to me:yes: ) I am not good for your general sense of peace and well being as all of my posts seem to upset you (some slightly, some greatly).

As a courtesy to you I will henceforth keep my opinion to myself when I read a post of yours that I would have otherwise commented on.

If you would afford me the same courtesy, that would be appreciated. If not, I will still keep my end of the courtesy in tact.

Best wishes,

Mojo

nexus100

Gold Meritorious Patron
Apparently our cyber-space relationship is hopelessly beyond slavage. Lol.:melodramatic:

Equally apparent (at least to me:yes: ) I am not good for your general sense of peace and well being as all of my posts seem to upset you (some slightly, some greatly).

As a courtesy to you I will henceforth keep my opinion to myself when I read a post of yours that I would have otherwise commented on.

If you would afford me the same courtesy, that would be appreciated. If not, I will still keep my end of the courtesy in tact.

Best wishes,

Mojo

Ye Gads. Read the last posts. There was give and take IMO. However I never communicate with those who have formally withdrawn from the field. Consider it done.

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious

Not to me.
It was 1983, he was still a scientologist (out of Co$) and probably still considering the Tech as the best way to enlightenment. He was clearly there to promote his Advanced Ability Centre and the Tech.

Nevertheless I find this video valuable and I do agree with him on many things he said.

Failure of scientologists to evaluate the subject freely.
... maybe we come in Scientology for the wrong reason. Such a possibility would be, maybe we came in to it hoping that somebody else would give us all the answers, would make the decision for us and we wouldn't have to evaluate data or find out what really was the truth. If that would be the case then, I know I had to admit that when I first started to read the book I thought, "I hope this is all true", I didn't personally verified it. Now, I think that may be common to other peoples too, but when someone sets aside one's own ability to determine the truth of data, one is giving away responsibility. And It wouldn't matter if the data were true or not, it is still an act of irresponsibility. It's an act of assigning cause and responsibility for ones decisions, for ones purposes, for ones goals, it's assigning them to another person, and it's assigning how ones is conduct oneself in life to another person.

Failure of scientologists to hold their integrity.
...unfortunately when ones sacrifice ones integrity in order to get a service which would raise ones integrity, you have a paradox that became self defeating. (...) It is very easy to make a small compromise of ones integrity or to accept a small untruth in order to gain something much more important or much bigger truths. Unfortunately I feel that's a trap. Because it's this small instances of loosing ones integrity, (...) this small instances when ones gives up ones integrity for some other reason, those are the things that add up to becoming the effect of, and subject to further suppression or oppression in the future, and further loss of ones integrity.

He promotes positive auditing (reminding me of Alan).
...I think the amount of gains that can be gotten from auditing can be vastly increased by increasing the amount of positive auditing going on.

He promotes personal responsibility.
People seem to want a leader or a guru. I know I have, and often still do. It would be very nice and very convenient if you could plug in to somebody who could tell you the answer to an immediate question or situation, but it would be a lessening of ones responsibility. I used to pray God when I was a kid, at times, and used to ask him such questions like "Should I, or should I not?" on a given subject. And without negating the idea of a God, I think that if there is a God, and if he was as wise as God would have to be, he would leave this decision to the person asking for it.

Transcription errors are mine.

M

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
David Mayo was a member of Scientology for something like 23 years, becoming a Class 12 and then Senior C/S International.

Then, paraphrasing his own words (elsewhere) he was fired by Ron, and vilified in an internationally distributed (pre-Internet, on paper), long and quite insane "report," called 'Story of a Squirrel'. This featured lists of his many "crimes," also with quotes from Ron himself on the matter.

And then there was the prolonged stint at being "handled" by RPF-style "tech," including the infamous "running around the pole/tree" activity - in the hot sun, until his teeth started to fall out.

And that's just a sampling of the insanity.

Out of this, he started the "Church of a New Civilization," and did deliver the "tech." Over time - as the Cult conditioning decreased - his views shifted and developed.

Please note the two 1986 links (one transcript/tape of a talk, and one transcript of an interview) in an earlier post.

One last thought - compare this (1983) David Mayo with the current example of a Class 12, recently displayed on this Forum. Which would you rather have as an auditor?

And it's 2007, going on 2008.

So I would suggest cutting Mayo some slack. In any event, after many years of legal battles, and accumulation of debts to creditors (for legal fees), the "Church" finally "settled," and Mayo - and hopefully I'm, ultimately, wrong - will be talking no more.

However, through his talks and writings, all of them, not just the Freezone promoted earlier ones, his voice can still be heard.

Vinaire

Sponsor
I have been working on my math stuff.

Today, at the Annual Library luncheon I was awarded "Volunteer of the Year," with a special shirt, goodies basket and all. That was a nice surprise. I gave a talk on my Math Club too. It was well received.

Overall, it is going very well.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

Today, at the Annual Library luncheon I was awarded "Volunteer of the Year," with a special shirt, goodies basket and all. That was a nice surprise. I gave a talk on my Math Club too. It was well received.

I'm glad that you are out creating a satisfying and productive life, full of care and help to others, and leaving the CofS and their Comm Ev to themselves.

They have no more power than the power we grant them.

Just like an SP.

Div6

Crusader

Congrats on the positive and productive outflow!

When you have a chance, I would like to hear your David Mayo story.

I think Miscavige just could not stand the idea of someone else around with his VERY SAME INITIALS! And who was higher tech trained.