What's new

Hana Whitfield on the cruel and depraved Hubbard in the sixties

TrevAnon

Big List researcher
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/24-f...itfield-cruel-deprived-hubbard-sixties-68334/

/r/ to crosspost this on the ex scientologist messageboard for more info.

anon0004 said:
Hai folks

[Marty might not like this]

I finally edited some of the footage that I had still on my harddisks from some personal interviews we did with the guests of the last anti Scientology conference in Hamburg.

The first set of videos is an interview with Hana Whitfield, where she speaks about her time on the Apollo and the Avon River, about the pressure, the inhumane system Hubbard created to control peole back in the day.

I hope YouTube does not give you any trouble, because I used pretty huege files to provide a good audio and video quality.

Tl;dr contents

you might know:
  • THE chainlocker story, and more chainlocker stories
  • Punishment stories, sleep deprivation, the Mudbox Brigade, Overboarding, escapes form the Apollo, humiliating other punishments
  • Hubbards rages and screaming

You might not know:
  • Hubbards erotic interests in women of his crew
  • coerced abortions in the sixties ordered by Hubbard
  • Susan Meister suicide coverup story
  • The story behind her whitness account in the Lisa MC Phearson trial
  • How she left without anything, no money, nothing
  • A shocking and horrifying story about the death and corpses of children in the nursery of the Fort Harrison Hotel in the 70ies

Especially the dead children are somthing the Clearwater Anonymous could have a look into.

Maybe someone wants to crosspost this on ESMB for more information and maybe people who also remember this.

Here you go with the videos:

Part 1

YouTube - Hana Whitfield Interview on L Ron Hubbards early abuses on the Apollo Part 1/6

Part 2

YouTube - Hana Whitfield Interview on L Ron Hubbards early abuses on the Apollo Part 2/6

Part 3
Here my cam stopped, but the audio equipement continued to record so I filled some material of the British Granada documentary in, because it is just that time on the Apollo she speaks about

YouTube - Hana Whitfield Interview on L Ron Hubbards early abuses on the Apollo Part 3/6

Part 4

YouTube - Hana Whitfield Interview on L Ron Hubbards early abuses on the Apollo Part 4/6

Part 5

YouTube - Hana Whitfield Interview on L Ron Hubbards early abuses on the Apollo Part 5/6

Part 6

YouTube - Hana Whitfield Interview on L Ron Hubbards early abuses on the Apollo Part 6/6

On a personal note, I wanted to add that I found that Hana and her husband are really nice people, and I'd love to meet them again sometimes.

And also, thanks to Ackerland.

TEoS

Patron with Honors
Excellent set of videos.

I'm guessing that Hana won't be getting a personal invite to The Shack any time soon...

Ackerland

Patron with Honors
I would be very interested to know whether there are more people on this board who can corroborate what Ms. Whitfield recounted. In particular regarding the abortions, the "love affairs" of LRH and the deaths that occured in a child daycare facility of FLAG.
Maybe Ms. Stainforth can shed some light on this?

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
I am horrified.

I knew nothing about the abortions on the ship, though it dosen't surprise me.It sickens me.Hubbard was a very cruel man.

I also knew nothing of Hubbards affairs, though again, it does not surprise me.
I already have a theory about one of those affairs, but I need to speak to someone first, before I divulge any info.My Father always said, he didn't understand why Hubbard put so many women in positions of power, maybe sex was an ulterior motive.

I am horried by the deaths of babies at Flag, I wasn't there so I cannot corroborate this. There are people out there somewhere that can though and if they have any self respect,then they should do so.

With regards the death of Susan Meister, I wasn't there then, but it has bothered me a lot since I first read about it. In view of what I do know and how life was on the Apollo, it did not surprise me to hear Hana say it was a cover up. What I want to know is why it was covered up? Until I know for certain, I can only draw my own conclusions. Murder springs to mind.

There are far too many unanswered questions.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful about these statements from Hana.I have every reason to believe what she says is true though.

Ackerland

Patron with Honors
I have no reason to doubt Ms. Whitfield's sincerity in these matters.
But the stories are very grueling. For the sake of credibility, we need more people to step forward and confirm what she has told, just like it happened in the SP Times exposé. I realize this is more diffcult than finding people who witnessed Miscavige beat someone up.

Sharone Stainforth

I personally think it is very courageous of Hana to speak out like she has, it can't have been easy.Watching these videos has had me in tears again.

I knew when I left the ship it would only get worse, it was so insane, what a waste of lives.

Abortions are one thing, and I totally disaprove, forcing people to have abortions is sick, but, neglecting live babies so they die? They were short staffed? Where were all these millions of scientologists who do so much good in the world, nurturing and cherishing children because they are the building blocks of life.

This crazy organization is just about one of the most sickest abominations on earth.

Please, someone who knows anything about this at all, come forward and speak out.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Where's the tech-meisters and assorted revisionist historians. . . cat got ya tongue?

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
Hana Whitfield interviews

this interview prompted me to read more from Hana Whitfield on the net and Googled her name and came up with this:

http://www.american-buddha.com/cult.declhana.htm

in this declaration she talks about how the mother of Shelly Miscavige was having problems on the OT levels with he 'BT's and clusters' and was going mad. She then had no more money to continue and kept going on about how the BT's were bugging her etc.
When she eventualy committed suicide, apparently Miscavige and the daughter Shelly were relieved, as the mother was causing much upset on their lines.
The mother managed to shoot herself from the front with a rifle several times thru the chest and also put a bullet thru her own head.
It's not quite sure how she managed to do that herself though.

It's when you read stories like this that you realize with what monster we have to do with here.
And why the German government considers them a threat and has them under observation, as indeed they should be all over the world.
This story is actually giving me nightmares the last few nights:omg:

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
Quote from the Declaration of Hana Whitfield

Just to quote a part of her declaration:

164. In mid-1985 a high level Scientologist, Mary Florence Barnett, called Flo, phoned me. She was Miscavige's mother-in-law. I had left CSI the previous year. Flo cried on and off during the call. She complained of severe, constant pain in her head which nothing helped. According to her doctor, a recent head operation to repair an aneurysm wasn't the cause, but he did not know what the cause was. Flo was very scared of the pain, and kept saying she wanted to kill herself to stop the suppressive BTs from taking over her mind. Both the Advanced Organization in Los Angeles ("AOLA") and the Clearwater HQ refused to audit her because she had no money to pay. Flo had been to the Advanced Ability Center ("AAC") once, a break-away former CSI group in Santa Barbara, and had good auditing there, but had no money to return.

165. Flo was very depressed after her daughter Shelley, Miscavige's wife, came to visit and ended up screaming at Flo. Flo said, in several of our phone talks, that neither Shelley or Miscavige cared a damn about her, and she was horrified into what monsters Scientology had turned her children. However, she promised to call Shelley again and ask for help.

166. I was deeply concerned about Flo's condition, but felt incapable of helping her as I doubted the effectiveness of auditing. I spoke with Camille, another daughter living with Flo, who said her mother refused to see the doctor because he hadn't helped her and said her condition wasn't serious. Camille said her sister Shelley and brother-in-law Miscavige knew about their mother's condition but refused to see her or have anything to do with her because, they said, Flo was making herself ill, refusing to see the doctor, and was "down stat.

167. Over the next few weeks Flo called me and I called her many times. We spoke frequently, sometimes for hours. On occasion Flo begged me to get rid of the suppressive BTs that were killing her; at others she refused auditing because, as she said, "That's what messed me up in the first place." I spent a lot of time listening to her and letting her talk - she had a lot of fears and hurts. She cried a lot on the phone. She was in constant pain, unable to eat or sleep, and wanted to die or kill herself. She was very scared of the "things" she was seeing and hearing. She often talked about the suppressive BTs, that they were torturing her and making her go crazy, that they were implanting bad things into her and that she had to make them stop or go away. She said she'd heard and seen the "things" for years, but "they" were strengthening their hold on her. Several times, Flo openly blamed CSI for her condition and spoke bitterly about how CSI messed her up in auditing, that Scientologists were callous and, now that she was out of money having given it all to CSI, no one cared about her enough to help, not even Shelley and Miscavige.

168. Camille verified that Flo had no money left and that was why CSI would not help her.

169. Two days after our last talk, Camille called and said Flo had shot herself. I was devastated. 170. Two days later, Camille called again. We talked about Flo. She said whereas she was grieving over Flo's death but relieved her pain was over, Shelley's response was cold and indifferent, and relieved the embarrassment was finally over. Camille asked Jerry and me to attend Flo's funeral which would be small and limited to family and close friends.

171. But the next day, Camille called again and asked us not to attend. She hoped we weren't hurt by her request, but Miscavige, Shelley and other CSI top executives had decided to be there after all because they felt it was a duty and "to put on a show." Therefore our presence, as former Scientologists, wasn't wanted and would cause tension. I was very cross and upset, because Flo's Scientology relatives had done absolutely nothing to help her, but were going to put on a show for her funeral. But I agreed, and we sent a large wreath and a card instead -- for Flo's sake. Later, Camille thanked us for understanding. That was the last I heard from Camille.

172. In his February 17, 1991 declaration, Miscavige wrote on page 1, attached herein, "My only association with this tragedy was to console my wife who was understandably emotionally traumatized and grief stricken." Camille gave me the completely contrary impression - that Miscavige's wife, Shelley, was uninterested in anything to do with Flo and greatly relieved that her embarrassing mother was finally out of the picture.

173. It is improbable that Flo, in her debilitated physical and psychological condition, shot herself three times in her chest and once through her head with a rifle, leaving no powder burns or marks, according to the Forensic, case, investigator and coroner reports, attached hereto as Exhibit 74. Yet, by all reports, this is what she did.

174. Facts that lead me to strongly doubt Flo died like that are the following: (1) she received three rifle shots through her chest and one rifle shot through her temple; (2) there were no powder burns or marks at the gun shot sites; (3) her debilitated physical and psychological condition didn't permit her to hold the rifle far enough away to shoot herself four shots without leaving marks.

175. According to both Flo and Camille, Flo was an embarrassment to Miscavige and Shelley, as; (1) Shelley visited Flo only once during her lengthy illness, Miscavige never did; (2) Shelley ended her visit to Flo by screaming at her; (3) they never took any action to assist Flo; (4) they considered Flo PTS due to her connection to former high ranking CSI officials, David and Julie Mayo, whom CSI declared Suppressive Persons, and her antagonism toward CSI; (5) they considered Flo a "squirrel" for receiving auditing from David and Julie Mayo.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
...committed suicide...
If ever there was a case that demonstrates how thoroughly Scientology had managed to infiltrate the legal system, at its zenith, this was it.

Nobody can shoot herself three times in the chest, and then in the head. Have you any idea what a gunshot wound to the body does to your muscular strength? Even SWAT teams and the SAS only fire a "double tap" into the body, to put an opponent out of action.

To believe one could survive three shots at point-blank range is lunacy. The 'Welrod' pistol used by agents in WWII fired the same cartridge, and killed with a single shot. Besides, who would want the pain of a non-lethal first shot? If you wanted to use a Ruger 1022 to end your life, you'd shoot up through the roof of your mouth, or go straight for the temple.

Investigators found five spent cartridges in the vicinity of Flo Barnett's body... yet she died with four gunshot wounds. What kind of suicide MISSES?

This was murder, pure and Simple.

Placing the gun in the hands of the victim is classic bad melodrama. Ron would have approved! But a woman who was just 5'3" tall wouldn't have held the gun with her finger on the trigger. She'd have depressed it with her thumb.

Except that she didn't, of course, because she was gunned down by somebody else. Somebody who has never answered for their crime.

This is the wonderful world of Scientology.

Carmel

Crusader
Thanks for doing this interview to put the info out there, Hana.

I saw the interview yesterday, but didn't know what to say, and I still don't.

Volume aside, it seems that DM didn't pip LRH when it comes to extremes and degree of cruelty.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Volume aside, it seems that DM didn't pip LRH when it comes to extremes and degree of cruelty.

^^^^
THIS!

I was very glad to see Hana doing these. Got to see them just after they went up on WWP but I felt the same way. Overwhelming I think.

Hana is most believable and listening to her is a most sobering and humbling experience. I always knew Hubbard to be a yeller and so did others who were not SO. Word spread fast in in the 70's. When I was a member, that was a kind of excuse to get peeved at others and get away with it. One could get pissed becauese LRH did. He made it 'ok' by his actions. Is it any wonder why some SO members went further and were cruel and inhuman to others? No. Not to me.

Watching these newly released videos, my attention was not so much on Hubbard s it was the children. I was left with a burning desire to find this 'Judy Light' (Judy Leicht?) and ask her to come forward with what she knows about those dead babies!

It does not surprise me at all that this kind of activity would occur in the church CEOs. I have seen the overwhelming numbers of little ones left to be attended by one or two people with no money or food. As a public, I used to sneak over to the CEO at CCI and help out or entertain the kids sometimes so the nanny could attend to the babies. It was heartbreaking. And the fear of speaking out, the apathy, permeated the whole of the area.

Hana said she and Judy are friends, and that she lives in Seattle. I thought she might have meant 'Janet Light' McLoughlin ( former ED IAS ) Does anyone know who this person 'Judy Light' or 'Leicht' is ?

Sharone Stainforth

Carmel wrote;

What can you say?

It is shocking.There are many degrees of cruelty,and in scientologys sea org you have the whole spectrum. L. Ron Hubbard created a monster, it is time for that monster to die.

I repeat, If anyone who reads this has any knowledge whatsoever about the dead babies, or the covered up murders inside scientologys sea org, now is the time to come forward. These crimes will not go away.

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
no chit

this interview prompted me to read more from Hana Whitfield on the net and Googled her name and came up with this:

http://www.american-buddha.com/cult.declhana.htm

in this declaration she talks about how the mother of Shelly Miscavige was having problems on the OT levels with he 'BT's and clusters' and was going mad. She then had no more money to continue and kept going on about how the BT's were bugging her etc.
When she eventualy committed suicide, apparently Miscavige and the daughter Shelly were relieved, as the mother was causing much upset on their lines.
The mother managed to shoot herself from the front with a rifle several times thru the chest and also put a bullet thru her own head.
It's not quite sure how she managed to do that herself though.

It's when you read stories like this that you realize with what monster we have to do with here.
And why the German government considers them a threat and has them under observation, as indeed they should be all over the world.
This story is actually giving me nightmares the last few nights:omg:

Yeah, no chit, I have been just sick this morning, reading this board, the threads I have clicked on. This one takes the cake. I feel such rage and anger :angry:.

It keeps me focused - Got that, osa? This kind of stuff, brings focus - not the opposite. If scn/co$ were benign (cancer), no one would care.

THIS IS WHY. :guyfawkes:

Whitedove

Patron Meritorious
I have not listen to the videos yet but I will tonight. I cant right now.

But the dead babies part has got me REAL upset and brought back some bad memories for me. One of my children when he was about 2 years old almost died of hypothermia because the heat bill was not paid as we 'did not have the money'! :angry::grouch:

Thank god I was there when it happened. We were asleep because we were working till 3am and were sleeping till about noon. The nanny came to my room around 11am to see if my son was awake. I was woken up that way. I said 'how can he be sleeping at that time??'. I got up and when I tried to wake him he was almost non responding! I got SOOOOOO afraid. I took him and put him between me and my than husband to give him heat. He got better not long after.
I did NOT go to work that day and no one said anything. You do NOT mess with a mother! Plus, I think they were afraid of the bad PR it could of caused. assholes! :furious:

Anyway, point is, they dont give a damn about children. Why do you think I left?