What's new

Hana Whitfield on the cruel and depraved Hubbard in the sixties

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
^^^^
THIS!

I was very glad to see Hana doing these. Got to see them just after they went up on WWP but I felt the same way. Overwhelming I think.

Hana is most believable and listening to her is a most sobering and humbling experience. I always knew Hubbard to be a yeller and so did others who were not SO. Word spread fast in in the 70's. When I was a member, that was a kind of excuse to get peeved at others and get away with it. One could get pissed becauese LRH did. He made it 'ok' by his actions. Is it any wonder why some SO members went further and were cruel and inhuman to others? No. Not to me.

Watching these newly released videos, my attention was not so much on Hubbard s it was the children. I was left with a burning desire to find this 'Judy Light' (Judy Leicht?) and ask her to come forward with what she knows about those dead babies!

It does not surprise me at all that this kind of activity would occur in the church CEOs. I have seen the overwhelming numbers of little ones left to be attended by one or two people with no money or food. As a public, I used to sneak over to the CEO at CCI and help out or entertain the kids sometimes so the nanny could attend to the babies. It was heartbreaking. And the fear of speaking out, the apathy, permeated the whole of the area.

Hana said she and Judy are friends, and that she lives in Seattle. I thought she might have meant 'Janet Light' McLoughlin ( former ED IAS ) Does anyone know who this person 'Judy Light' or 'Leicht' is ?

The Judy Light Hana is referring to was, at that time, married to the Uber Reg, David Light.

I knew and worked with Hana…as I have said on this board before, she is a dear and caring and good soul. I’m so glad to see her looking so well. Personally, I know her to be quite credible. I have no personal knowledge of any deaths, or rumors about deaths, in the nursery during the time of which she speaks. To my knowledge, all of the children born in Clearwater were with Certified Nurse Mid Wives in attendance at a hospital.

The nursery at The FH was accredited by the State of Florida. This was because people lied, covered up, and did “emergency” clean ups and “stage setting” for inspections. The folks running it did the best they could but were grossly understaffed, under-funded and ignored. No one would have dreamed of “blowing the whistle” as your, and everyone else's, "eternity" was at stake. I believe the person in charge of the Nursery (for at least a few years) was Joanna Atlee (Wife of Tom Atlee). She was a mother of a child in the Nursery and was a very, very caring and competent person that was absolutely overwhelmed by the neglect of SO “Powers that be”. Without her, and very dedicated few staff she had (all of which I think were SO moms), things would have been much worse. What little the Nursery had to operate with was fought for, tooth and nail, by Joanna and her staff.

Face:)

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Carmel wrote;

What can you say?

It is shocking.There are many degrees of cruelty,and in scientologys sea org you have the whole spectrum. L. Ron Hubbard created a monster, it is time for that monster to die.

I repeat, If anyone who reads this has any knowledge whatsoever about the dead babies, or the covered up murders inside scientologys sea org, now is the time to come forward. These crimes will not go away.

^^^^
THIS!!! ( Thank you, Sharone)

....This story is actually giving me nightmares the last few nights:omg:
:console: Thank you for posting the info about Flo. Many who have left in recent years did not know about all this.

Yeah, no chit, I have been just sick this morning, reading this board, the threads I have clicked on. This one takes the cake. I feel such rage and anger :angry:

It keeps me focused - Got that, osa? This kind of stuff, brings focus - not the opposite. If scn/co$ were benign (cancer), no one would care.

THIS IS WHY. :guyfawkes:

:console: :thumbsup:

I have not listen to the videos yet but I will tonight. I cant right now.

But the dead babies part has got me REAL upset and brought back some bad memories for me. One of my children when he was about 2 years old almost died of hypothermia because the heat bill was not paid as we 'did not have the money'! :angry::grouch:

Thank god I was there when it happened. We were asleep because we were working till 3am and were sleeping till about noon. The nanny came to my room around 11am to see if my son was awake. I was woken up that way. I said 'how can he be sleeping at that time??'. I got up and when I tried to wake him he was almost non responding! I got SOOOOOO afraid. I took him and put him between me and my than husband to give him heat. He got better not long after.
I did NOT go to work that day and no one said anything. You do NOT mess with a mother! Plus, I think they were afraid of the bad PR it could of caused. assholes! :furious:

Anyway, point is, they dont give a damn about children. Why do you think I left?

:console: Thank you for sharing about what happened. Having been in orgs that did not have money for heat during cold weather, what happened to your boy does not surprise me. :hug:

The Judy Light Hana is referring to was, at that time, married to the Uber Reg, David Light.

I knew and worked with Hana…as I have said on this board before, she is a dear and caring and good soul. I’m so glad to see her looking so well. Personally, I know her to quite credible. I have no personal knowledge of any deaths, or rumors about deaths, in the nursery during the time of which she speaks. To my knowledge, all of the children born in Clearwater were with Certified Nurse Mid Wives in attendance at a hospital.

The nursery at The FH was accredited by the State of Florida. This was because people lied, covered up, and did “emergency” clean ups and “stage setting” for inspections. The folks running it did the best they could but were grossly understaffed, under-funded and ignored. No one would have dreamed of “blowing the whistle” as your, and everyone else's, "eternity" was at stake. I believe the person in charge of the Nursery (for at least a few years) was Joanna Atlee (Wife of Tom Atlee). She was a mother of a child in the Nursery and was a very, very caring and competent person that was absolutely overwhelmed by the neglect of SO “Powers that be”. Without her, and very dedicated few staff she had (all of which I think were SO moms), things would have been much worse. What litlle the Nursery had to operate with was fought for, tooth and nail, by Joanna and her staff.

Face:)

Hi Face!

Thanks for that info. :yes: Unfortunately, not everything bad that occurred there, or anywhere in Scientology for that matter, was known to all when it was happening. That's the nature of this beast of a cult. This may well have occurred before or after Joanna was in attendance - or it was hushed up with threats of God knows what, like as the Lisa McPherson situation. So, knowing Hana to be a credible person, there are others out there who know.
-------------------
All the comments on this thread reflect how disturbing these revelations are.
I suspect that soon we may be hearing from others with knowledge of what was going on.

~Mary McConnell

blownstaffmember

Patron with Honors
It is amazing - the more layers you peel off the onion the worse the horrors get. The most ethical place on the planet - indeed.

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
Hana, you are an incredible being. Thank you for doing these videos, you have given courage to others to come forward with their own stories.

I hope that one day soon... enough people will come forward so that we as a collective, can write THE comprehensive history of Scientology and the Monster who conned the world.

THIS STORY NEEDS TO BE TOLD. People are starting to die off, so encourage everyone to come forward as soon as possible.

T&H

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Hana Eltringham Whitfield's testimony is vitally important! - With all the people escaping now.. They need to hear this.. They need to realize just what Hubbard was. In particular, that Misvcavige didn't invent or alter-is anything much..

The nightmare was invented and instituted by L.Ron Hubbard!

Might take a bit of 'confront' for a believing scientologist..

Good God! - The dead babies..

There are mothers and dads who lost their babies! - I can only urge them to come forward now. This is the worst of crimes.. This kind of 'fuckup' is inexcusable and completely unacceptable. And by the most 'ethical' group on the planet!?

And Hana mentioned Susan Meister..

Public service links:

WhyAreTheyDead.info / Death of Susan Meister (23)

Scientology: The 1982 Clearwater Hearings:
(This is a 1 hour video)
George Meisters Testimony

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have no reason to doubt Ms. Whitfield's sincerity in these matters.
But the stories are very grueling. For the sake of credibility, we need more people to step forward and confirm what she has told, just like it happened in the SP Times exposé. I realize this is more diffcult than finding people who witnessed Miscavige beat someone up.

I knew one of the children locked up by hubbard in the chain locker on the ship. It is real. It happened, his father even confirmed the chain locker story as well as other abuses. I am not the only one with whom this story was shared.

Look for third generation scientologists, they are out there. There *are* witnesses. They just need to be found.

bts2free

Patron with Honors
Thank you Hana for this amazing interview and sharing this information with us! You have always been a hero to me and I would guess for many others.

David Miscavige was nowhere near being in-charge when things like this were happening in Scientology. DM is way late on the chain and obviously stepped right into Hubbard's shoes.

All Independent Scientologists, and people who are leaving Scientology now, must watch this interview and do their own research on Hubbard. That takes REAL "confront of evil." Hana paints a very clear picture of what Hubbard the man was like, and exposes what was really going on behind the scenes back in the "good old days" that current Independents are trying to recreate and get back to.

When I pointed out on Marty's Blog that these things were happening WAY before DM came around, I was shot down by both he and Jim Logan. Why?

Why is it that we don't have Independents here at ESMB on threads like this to dispute what Hana is talking about (in regards to LRH) and have an open discussion about it? Where are Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Jim Logan, Steve Hall, JB, Gary Morehead, Sinar Parman, Geir Isene and others to talk about and confront these issues of pre-Miscavige abuse and "Black Scientology" going all the way back to the 1960's?

We need more old-timers, like Hana, who were there WITH Hubbard and witnessed these abuses and what kind of man he really was to speak up and set the record straight. The Co$ for many years now have tried to cover up the real life of Hubbard by use of PR. The Independent field is following that PR line by not allowing talk about Hubbard the man, and when I've tried to raise this issue on Marty's blog, I get accused of "LRH bashing." I wasn't attempting to "bash" LRH, but trying to get people to look further than just Miscavige, because the real History of Hubbard is there. DM was in diapers sucking his thumb when a lot of this shit was going on.

I suggest all Independents to have a listen to Hana (ex-Deputy Commodore) and make their own decisions based on her experiences and information, as well as the existing rabbit hole of facts already documented regarding the man. You made a great leap forward by leaving the Co$, now LOOK DEEPER. It's really your choice to remain in the dark, or to come out into the light of reality.

Thanks again Hana!!!! :thumbsup:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/24-f...itfield-cruel-deprived-hubbard-sixties-68334/

/r/ to crosspost this on the ex scientologist messageboard for more info.

One part I found interesting is where Hana talks about Peggy Bankston having an affair with LRH and then getting declared.

I went looking for more on Peggy and found her declare:
SEA ORGANIZATION

17th, June, 1968

FLAG CONDITION ORDER 343

BANKSTON'S FATE

Peggy Bankston (yesterday Comm Eved and declared SP after being found guilty on all counts) has actually had a worse fate.

She pretended to have been trained and processed up through the grades, even pretended to have done the SHSBC and Org Exec Course.

Made suspicious by her statements "your Scientology" and "your ideas"

and a failed mission, officers checked up. She said she had done all but one week of the SH Course but no checksheet could be found. As she was a clerk on the Clearing Course SH anything could have been done to her record there. As 4th Mate (Div 5) AR, she could not audit an English wog because he didn't know the difficult words in the grade commands." Actually she couldn't audit and apparently had no training.

Under discipline she said to the Comm Ev that she had had no case gains or didn't know if she had.

On Avon she was given a rehab for Sect III OT but in fact was pushed to her first grade in auditing, grade zero by an auditor as records show.

Now we come to a horrible fate. By falsely attesting training and grades, she got thrown by a perfectly honest auditor into the middle of Sect III OT. Yet she couldn't even handle a meter and just sort of maundered about in a "Solo Session" watching the needle move around.

And now a worse fate: she did not know enough about tech to know the indicators knows. She did not know a no-case-gain in an SP and so told it to a Comm Ev. She did not know that demanding money back for training and processing brings a total out!

And not knowing these things, she hung herself.

But an even worse fate. As a total wog she has been associating with OTs, all the while with a heavy w/h about the real status on grades and class, not even knowing the effects of a w/h.

Actually she did have case gains! A Cl VII on Avon pushed her up to Grade Zero F/N. This and a green form cured her alcoholism, a manic-depressive tendency and got her up toward studying.

At any time if she had opened up, I am sure any of us would have gotten her properly trained and processed.

Scientologists are like that.

Not knowing that the tech really was there she hung herself.

One would say she was just wog-stupid. She created a mystery and a wondering amongst others. Section V OT and an alcoholic? She just didn't ring true.

She rockslams on "The greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics"!

All due respect, nobody is all bad. She did her actual duties well so long as she was not in charge of anything or anyone. The only real faults she had was suppressive carrying and use of off line messages and making others around her a bit unhappy and puzzled.

She may or may not straighten out. The sentence of an SP in the Sea Org is pretty grisly. But that is not why I'm writing this.

She's an example of how you can tell a false attestation. And a lesson in detection. When they don't know their tech at all, not even Cl 0 tech, they slip. They don't even know the tech is there to know and that people around them get puzzled by them.

I hope, as I hope for anyone that she does straighten out.

It's so rough to be the other way.

L. RON HUBBARD COMMODORE

Ackerland

Patron with Honors
All Independent Scientologists, and people who are leaving Scientology now, must watch this interview and do their own research on Hubbard. That takes REAL "confront of evil." Hana paints a very clear picture of what Hubbard the man was like, and exposes what was really going on behind the scenes back in the "good old days" that current Independents are trying to recreate and get back to.

I agree, Hana's testimony is very powerful, but we need at least two or three more people who were there at that time. I want to thank Hana so much for telling her story. But if we want to convince any of those who still believe 100% in Hubbard, we need more people with the credibility and the knowledge to speak out who actually were on the ships. Only Gerry Armstrong comes to mind who worked directly under Hubbard and is still seen today.

When I pointed out on Marty's Blog that these things were happening WAY before DM came around, I was shot down by both he and Jim Logan. Why?

There have been many before you that pointed this out on Marty's blog. They chose not to heed these testimonies. Now that it's been said a couple of times already on this blog it pisses them off if some voice keeps piping in and telling them how Hubbard wasn't infallible. They don't care. They have chosen not to believe the stories of abuse before Miscavige assumed power.

Why is it that we don't have Independents here at ESMB on threads like this to dispute what Hana is talking about (in regards to LRH) and have an open discussion about it? Where are Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Jim Logan, Steve Hall, JB, Gary Morehead, Sinar Parman, Geir Isene and others to talk about and confront these issues of pre-Miscavige abuse and "Black Scientology" going all the way back to the 1960's?

In all fairness: Geir Isene's view seems to be very different from Marty's! See also his latest blog post: http://elysianchakorta.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/and-the-why-is-drumroll/
The occurances under Miscavige are much more available. There are so many more people who are still alive or do have the energy to get involved. We on the other hand are talking about a time that was more than 30 years ago!
And doing actual research about what happened then is for some of these independents much less arduous than just shifting all of the blame on Miscavige. It's quite easy to do this, because Miscavige unquestioningly is a large part of the reason why the "church" is declining.

I wasn't attempting to "bash" LRH, but trying to get people to look further than just Miscavige, because the real History of Hubbard is there.

Well, fortunately noone can force you to change your views. Just as you can't change theirs.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is a hard viewing. I can see why so many find it hard to speak out. I admire Hana for having the guts to do these interviews, being some of the first. I think this will help pave the road for more to speak out.

Just when you think the snake pit couldn't get any worse. Dead babies - there is no excuse for that. None.

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors
One part I found interesting is where Hana talks about Peggy Bankston having an affair with LRH and then getting declared.

After reading her declare.......I thought.....OMG! He slept with her and then wrote that!!!!

He was such a f*cking pr*ck!!!! May you rot in eternal hell LRH, you disgusting,filthy pig!

T&H

Veda

Sponsor

Even without the affair, it's a pretty sick and evil statement by Hubbard, revealing that it's not just "policy" that is abusive, but also, "tech."

Not all tech is abusive, and not even all policy is abusive, but the abuse is built into the subject, and from the very earliest days.

In 1938, in his 'Excalibur' (a.k.a. 'The One Command': Survive!) letter to his first wife, Hubbard describes his self-aggrandizing behind-the-scenes "real goal."

While He liked to position himself (1938) as a bold and in-your-face tough guy, "I can make Napoleon look like a punk," and then (1969) "I am not interested in wog morality... I can make Captain Bligh look like a Sunday School teacher," he was mostly that way with his minions. With the "wogs" and "raw meat," his methods were primarily covert. Hubbard was sneaky.

And many of the abuses of Scientology are sneaky too.

When the abuse becomes not just obnoxious, but utterly unacceptable, it disguises itself, or goes underground, and thus we have "PR tech," and thus we have the confidential parts of Scientology.

This includes the confidential parts of its Grade Chart, where the abuses are psychological, and can be subtle and insidious.

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
I saw Hana Eltringham(Whitfield) there, she was in the RPF, and
Suzette Hubbard, who was in CMO was put on it because "her case had got
totally snarled up on David Mayo's NOTs". She was Suzette Titmus but had
marital problems. Last I heard she was Suzette White. Some ASI staff were
also doing it, Richard Tinklingburg because he "had f*cked up big time on
Hubbard's finances". Jonno and Leslie Epstein were in the RPF and on it.
There was also an epileptic from INCOMM on it who said his epilepsy started
after OT3.

http://home.snafu.de/tilman/mystory/ariane3.txt

More standard tech in action.

ozzie

Patron with Honors
I was there on the ship and at the Flag land base. I can verify almost everything Hana says - I also worked with Hana on the ship for a few years so definitely can verify the information on the ship.
I had two babies in the nursery at Flag at the time Hana talks about. I do not however recall any information about baby deaths - I do know the nursery was understaffed, that parents for quite some time helped out and that the majority of parents and staff in the nursery cared very much about what happened to the kids. I know of one death of a baby and was involved with some of the investigation of that death but that was after Hana was there.
So the majority I can verify as having been there and witnessed.
Ozzie

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
good enough to shag

yeah, first he had his evil way with her, then she was probably uninteresting for him.
Then he finds a way of getting rid of her.
Comm Ev her, and talk about her case, call her a liar.

There were probably enough of them throwing themselves at the overweight, fat lipped, smarmy chain smoking, 'Commodore'.
Makes you sick when you think what was going on back then.
Then there were the young 'Commodores Mesengers' in short skirts, looking after him. How old were they? I heard very young.

There must be others who could write a book together about life on the $cientology ships.
They could have a chapter or 2 each.
Would make a good read