What's new

The offspring of 'Jesus Freaks'

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
I saw a documentory about a young man, child of one of the grand high poobahs- a nasty nasty piece of work named Maria something who was banging the founder of the cult- anyway, he was trying to kill her...they drove him nuts and even when he tried to move away from it in his mind, he couldn't.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Another group that was obsessed with sex was the Rajneeshis. I met some and this Mom who was in the cult was telling me something about her son moving in with somebody there and how great it was. It was a sex thing, not a roommate thing, I could tell by the way she was phrasing things.

Things they said seemed to indicate a lot of attention on sex as part of their ideology.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I saw a documentory about a young man, child of one of the grand high poobahs- a nasty nasty piece of work named Maria something who was banging the founder of the cult- anyway, he was trying to kill her...they drove him nuts and even when he tried to move away from it in his mind, he couldn't.

Sounds more like a 'Law and Order SVU' episode. The one with the 'Book of David' that was named after the son.

Zinj

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
And that has resulted in a lot of sexual abuse of children of SO members. There are stories posted of it all over the place.

Funny how it hasnt hit the media like it does with the Catholics.

Children probably got abused in the SO because the SO treats staff in general like cannon fodder and treats children as if they are nothing but a burden.

IMO, it's the disdain for people in general that causes this nastiness to propagate.

If it was just plain ol' sexual repression but without this other crap, I don't think that would be the main cause.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Children probably got abused in the SO because the SO treats staff in general like cannon fodder and treats children as if they are nothing but a burden.

IMO, it's the disdain for people in general that causes this nastiness to propagate.

If it was just plain ol' sexual repression but without this other crap, I don't think that would be the main cause.

They are only a burden until they are 5 years old. Then they can be used for labor, which is when I started working for the church.

What was I doing at the age of 5? Copying freeloader debts, sending them with letters to collect money from them. And got them to call my mom so that she could collect the money from them.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
They are only a burden until they are 5 years old. Then they can be used for labor, which is when I started working for the church.

What was I doing at the age of 5? Copying freeloader debts, sending them with letters to collect money from them. And got them to call my mom so that she could collect the money from them.

Were you just photocopying statements and stuffing them in envelopes with form letters, or were you actually originating letters to them?

This is a remarkable story, Bea. :)

Paul

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Were you just photocopying statements and stuffing them in envelopes with form letters, or were you actually originating letters to them?

This is a remarkable story, Bea. :)

Paul

My mother was the Treas Sec for CLO or FOLO (the name kept changing back then, or, as a five year old, it was not my top priority to understand the name of the org, ok?).

She would hand me a huge stack of papers and a big bag of nickles. There was a copy machine in PAC between ASHO and where OSA used to be (which is currently the halls between ASHO and LA Org). It was on the lowest floor of ASHO.

I would go there, put in a nickle and make a copy of the papers. One of each page, over and over.

When I ran out of papers to copy, I would go back to CLO/FOLO (which is where Incomm is now - across from AOLA, corner of Fountain and LRH Way) and fold each one of them.

I think my mom had a form letter to all of them. I dont recall her writing letters to them, but she may have.

What I was sending (I just now remembered) was their monthly statement. So maybe it didnt need a letter. It was like a bill, which I had to make sure was sent out every month. We had it down by last name letter and date. Thats right. I had to be on ___ letter, by ___ date, to keep them monthly.

So I would fold them and stuff into envelopes.

I think we just brought them to the Comm Dept which had a machine which would put a stamp on them and it would lick and close the letter.

And I did this daily for a long time.

Until I was crossing the street in the rain by myself and got hit by a car.

Then I got to scared to work in the org. And I stopped.

That went on for at least 6 months to a year.

---

If anyone wants to protest that children were well looked after and cared for in the SO, there are hundreds who can line up and tell otherwise. Though it is not the worst lifestyle to have had, at least what they actually do and how children are treated should not be lied about.

Last edited:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
And I did this daily for a long time.

That went on for at least 6 months to a year.

---

If anyone wants to protest that children were well looked after and cared for in the SO, there are hundreds who can line up and tell otherwise. Though it is not the worst lifestyle to have had, at least what they actually do and how children are treated should not be lied about.

Bea you are a remarkable person! Glad to know you. :)

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Thanks for the details, Bea. I remember that copy machine.

Interesting that you decided that a 5-year old kid being hit by a car while working alone was reason enough to stop doing it, not the org. :)

Paul

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I think I exaggerated. Or lied.

I might have been six.

(thanks guys!! You all are so nice... I just want to keep telling, as I remember more and more, you know?)

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Age six would be more than bad enough...not any real exaggeration, as far as I'm concerned.

Yes, Bea is remarkable and I'm so pleased to get to know her just a little.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I remember when my mom got married again in 82, which was when I was 10, there was champagne going around. I was wondering if I could try it. Why not? I was about to ask when 2 year old Cara Schaffner (Now in CMO PAC) ran by with a glass, drinking up. So I did the same. I didnt like the taste though.

---

When I was 11 I found a pack of merit cigs. I knew my mom smoked, so I asked her if she wanted them. She said she smoked Camels, so she didnt want them. I asked her what I should do with them. She said "smoke 'em!".

---

I asked her later why there were no restraints on us on most things. She told me that we could learn things ourselves and if she ran a can't have on us, that we would become obsessed.

So I only smoked for 17 years. I quit when I left.

Div6

Crusader
I remember when my mom got married again in 82, which was when I was 10, there was champagne going around. I was wondering if I could try it. Why not? I was about to ask when 2 year old Cara Schaffner (Now in CMO PAC) ran by with a glass, drinking up. So I did the same. I didnt like the taste though.

---

When I was 11 I found a pack of merit cigs. I knew my mom smoked, so I asked her if she wanted them. She said she smoked Camels, so she didnt want them. I asked her what I should do with them. She said "smoke 'em!".

---

I asked her later why there were no restraints on us on most things. She told me that we could learn things ourselves and if she ran a can't have on us, that we would become obsessed.

So I only smoked for 17 years. I quit when I left.

I'm going to send Bea the life she never had for Christmas.....

:coolwink:

Or maybe....should we? Send a bunch of presents to the current Sea Org kids?

Like movie passes, or In and Out burger coupons....?

I mean, lets mock up some serious evil here.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

:coolwink:

not a bad idea... hmm.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
I'm in.

Originally Posted by Div6

not a bad idea... hmm.

If anyone organizes this please let me know, I'll be happy to make
a donation.

Maybe we can ask a group like the Red Cross to deliver it for us
and check on kids under 18.

Patty

Div6

Crusader
Originally Posted by Div6

If anyone organizes this please let me know, I'll be happy to make
a donation.

Maybe we can ask a group like the Red Cross to deliver it for us
and check on kids under 18.

Patty

Now there's an idea. I wonder if we could get the red cross to ALSO deliver to the SP hall at Stalag Hemet....you know some tins of coffee, chocolate, K rations, nylons, maps, compasses, digging utensils....well, you get the idea.
Where is LBV when you need him?