What's new

Another Independent on Marty's Blog; and, 'Safe' Returns

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Apparently Haydn James 'salvaged' International Auditor of the Year for '04, Peter White for the 'Independents'. Interesting introductory post from him.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/08/01/international-auditor-of-the-year-speaks-out/#comments

What struck me was to wonder if he's any relation to the Peter White who was an accompanist with Al Stewart for many years.

But, even more surprising, Wayne Froemke, who as 'Safe' wrote extensively on Miscavige's squirreling in the early naughts, before he was fraudulently 'outed' by ATT and the 'Church' and then shuddered into silence, has resurfaced:

"Wayne Froemke (AKA "Safe") // August 2, 2010 at 2:17 am

If a church scientologist cognites that the FN tech in the church is squirreled tech, then it shouldn’t be too much of stretch for those same church scientologists to confront that the “by L. Ron Hubbard” versions of his works have been altered and deleted since the post green hardbound book versions and reel-to-reel tapes.

About 10 years ago, I spent approximately a year documenting this and exposing the exact and specific alterations and deletions of LRH’s text.

If you’re a current church member reading this blog, don’t you find this squirreling allowed by RTC (DM and his staff) absolutely intolerable and unacceptable per KSW?

Independent scientologists do.

So now that you’ve been alerted to this “new” information, what will you do?"

Many of you will remember him I'm sure. People ask 'what ever happened to him' often.

Zinj

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I'm glad he's OK.

But what he documented always seemed to me to be a storm in a teacup compared to CofS abuses or other tech butcheries like the supposed redefinition of an F/N or the 6-month SNOTs checks.

I say "supposed redefinition" as I don't think it was. I think the problem comes from Hubbard's insistence that you will always get an F/N in certain circumstances, and an F/N has that Hubbard definition of a "rhythmic" blah blah. So people have to try and match those two particular arbitraries with the reality of what they observe in session. The last time I mentioned this I got all kinds of convoluted argument from highly experienced auditors, like how a SINGLE sweep was rhythmic. Sigh.

Paul

Zinjifar

I'm glad he's OK.

But what he documented always seemed to me to be a storm in a teacup compared to CofS abuses or other tech butcheries like the redefinition of an F/N or the 6-month SNOTs checks.

Paul

That may be, but, for the time it was a pretty *big* storm, at least for 'still Scientologists'. I think it's a good idea to remember *all* of the history here, and GAT was enough to drive dozens of otherwise dedicated tech people 'out'.

And, there's no question that the 'Church' took 'Safe' seriously. Enough to fraudulently obtain a subpoena to force AT&T to reveal his real name so they could shut him up.

Zinj

Zinjifar

Outed from where? ARS?

Yes, but, I believe he also had a website with his collected posts. At the time though, AT&T was his isp and he used it to post to ARS. Co$ fraudulently obtained a subpoena to get his real name on the basis of a claim that they intended to sue him for copyright infringement. Once they had his name the lawsuit was forgotten. (And 'Safe' disappeared.)

Maybe Marty and Mike will give us some background info on that :)

Maybe.

Zinj

hartley

Patron with Honors
Yes, but, I believe he also had a website with his collected posts. At the time though, AT&T was his isp and he used it to post to ARS. Co$ fraudulently obtained a subpoena to get his real name on the basis of a claim that they intended to sue him for copyright infringement. Once they had his name the lawsuit was forgotten. (And 'Safe' disappeared.)
It was IIRC the last of the rare occasions on which the CoS posted officially on ARS, so seriously did they take him. It was to reply to a request for people to be allowed to see the original manuscripts for text that had been substantially altered in later editions, to squash rumours that they had been squirreled.
The reply was "No".

Despite this being a major flap the person responsible (DM) apparently didn't bother to look as it was only a decade later that he 'discovered' that Source HAD been squirreled, ALL of it, requiring a complete new set to be issued.

Miscavige redefined a F/N to be whichever needle movement can bring in the most cash in the shortest amount of time.

Can you blame him?

It's not like it really matters.

rhill

Patron with Honors
Miscavige redefined a F/N to be whichever needle movement can bring in the most cash in the shortest amount of time.

Can you blame him?

It's not like it really matters.

Yep, I'm sure L. Ron Hubbard would have been pleased. As per Silvana Garritano's affidavit:

Hubbard initiated every sales gimmick imaginable. He ordered to develop sales gimmicks to market Scientology more effectively. Hubbard ordered the following sales gimmicks:

... "Take a current Scientology course and break it into several parts. Then sell each part for more than the cost of the original course. If we expand a course without adding any substance, we will rake more money. We will triple the revenue without offering anything more. It is the 'oldest trick' in the book to cut a course in two, make each more expensive than the original. That way we charge more without giving more."

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa

Maybe Marty and Mike will give us some background info on that :)

Maybe.

Zinj

Since they were running OSA at the time, they should have information to add - you would think.