What's new

"Scientology Task Force of the Hamburg Interior Authority" to be closed

What do you think about the closing of the Hamburg Scientology Task Force?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
All is not lost

I wouldn't be surprised if somebody from the Task Force accidentally uploaded a selection of their juciest intel to Wikileaks on the last day, or shortly thereafter.

The USB flash drive is a wonderful gadget.

One reason for ceasing to monitor Scientology's operations might be that they pose less of a threat than they used to. Remember when Hamburg cultists got a permit to have a rally with 300 Scis in attendance? (November 2008.)

They managed SEVEN PEOPLE.

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
11.27.2009: The Hamburg Senat decided to reduce the Task Force because they have to save money. They made a "Haushaltskonsolidierung".
The core of the consolidation is to make the debt repayment and borrowing, so that the public debt could be reduced in the medium term. This is possible through three steps:

* Increase revenue (e.g. tax)
* Reduction in expenditure (for example reduction in benefits)
* Rescheduling (eg, replacing more expensive, low-interest loans)

The reason to reduce the task force was only money.

http://www.hamburg.de/pressearchiv-fhh/1989012/2009-11-27-sk-sparbeschluesse,page-2.html
9. Neuorganisation der Arbeitsgruppe Scientology

Die bisherige Vorreiterrolle Hamburgs in der Bekämpfung der Scientology Organisation hat zu einem erheblichen Aufklärungseffekt in der Bevölkerung beigetragen. Aufgrund des erreichten hohen Aufklärungsstandes in der Bevölkerung ist es vertretbar, dass die Arbeitsgruppe Scientology künftig mit entsprechend weniger Mitarbeitern ausgestattet wird.

Google Translator:
9.Reorganization of the Working Group Scientology

The current leadership of Hamburg in the fight against Scientology organization has contributed to a significant educational effect in the population. Given the current high state of awareness in the population, it is reasonable that the Scientology Task Force will be equipped in future with correspondingly fewer employees.

They spoke and decided always about a reducing and not of a closing.

Confirmed information about the closing doesn't exist. What doesn't mean that the OP didn't write the true.

Nicole

It is confirmed. The Frankfurter Rundschau reported about it.
http://www.fr-online.de/politik/ant...uss-schliessen/-/1472596/4561806/-/index.html

Maybe anyone can translate it. Google translated a part of the article.

...Ursula Caberta does not comment on the decision. Since 1992 she has led the department endured dozens of processes, creating hundreds dropouts. The spokesman of Scientology Hamburg, Frank Busch responded, delighted: "We welcome the fact that the tax waste of money in Hamburg to finally being shelved."

The Berlin Protestant sect Gandow Thomas laments the "victory for Scientology." "It is good that advice is to take in the future as in the right-wing Islamists and the Constitution - but I have no faith that this will be something."...
:angry::no::grouch:

Edit:
I found a translation at WWP
HAMBURG

Anti Scientology Office Has to Close Down

The Senate of Hamburg [financially cuts off] the office of Ursula Caberta. SPD and Left Party are outraged.

Since 17 years there is a state authority which delivers an educational work like no other around the world. Now the black-green state government has decided to close down the office headed by former SPD politician Ursula Caberta and to dissolve her department.

As the spokesperson for the Hamburg Interior Authority, Thomas Butter, confirmed on monday, the office space of the Working Group located at the Hamburg Harbour has been cancelled effective 31st December. The Working Group was already being closed effective 31st August, said Butter. The decision would not mean the end of Ms. Caberta's work: "She will remain responsible for the public relations work regarding Scientology as a ministerial expert." The advising function for victims of the organization was taken over by the Office for Protection of the Constitution. It was [according to him] yet unknown where the archive of the AG Scientology was being transfered to. It is a worldwide unique collection with many secret documents. The reason for the closure was a senate decision concerning the budget consolidation at the AG Scientology consisting of saving 140 000 euros each year, said Butter.

Ursula Caberta didn't comment on the decision. She has headed the office since 1992, been through dozens of legal proceedings and given advice to hundreds of former members. The spokesperson of Scientology Hamburg, Frank Busch, reacted delighted: "We welcome that the waste of tax payers' money in Hamburg has finally come to an end."

The protestant sect commissioner Thomas Gandow from Berlin mourns the "victory for Scientology". "It is a good thing that the advising function in the future is supposed to be undertaken by Verfassungsschutz as is the case with right-wing extremists and islamists - alas, I lack faith that this is going to work out."

Dressel: A Devastating Signal

Like Gandow, the spokesperson of the Left Party in the Bundestag for Interior Matters, Ulla Jelpke, calls this a scandal: "Ms. Caberta has done valuable work. The closure means a free pass for Scientology." And the Hamburg parliament representative Andreas Dressel, SPD, said: "I consider this a devastating signal. That which Scientology could not manage to achieve - to get rid of Caberta - is now done by the Senate." Dressel intends to investigate whether the Senate can take back the unanimous parliamentary decision of 1992 to create the Working Group Scientology just like that.

On August 6th, the Senate answered a "Kleine Anfrage" [[a form of question from parliament]] by Dressel by saying that the danger posed by the Scientology-Organization which is monitored by the OPC had not changed, but due to the "high standard of education within the population" the cut-back decision was justifiable.
Just this April the Hamburg Senator of the Interior and designated head of government, Christoph Ahlhaus (CDU), had demanded to ban Scientology.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Millions of euros wasted to stop SCN in Germany ?:clap::clap::clap:

Hi SOS,
Any money spent to expose the insanity of the criminal cult is not wasted. :no:

Any money, time, or effort spent in such a way to help prevent another victim from getting their brain washed was wisely spent. :yes:

Mrs Beasley

Patron
The "Frankfurter Rundschau" Newspaper from today:

Anti-Scientology-Behörde muss schließen

Der Hamburger Senat spart das Amt von Ursula Caberta ein. SPD und Linke sind empört.

Seit 17 Jahren gibt es in Hamburg ein staatliches Amt, das eine weltweit einzigartige Aufklärungsarbeit leistet: die Arbeitsgruppe Scientology des Senats. Jetzt hat die schwarz-grüne Landesregierung beschlossen, die von der ehemaligen SPD-Politikerin Ursula Caberta geleitete Behörde dichtzumachen und ihre Dienststelle aufzulösen.

Wie der Sprecher der Hamburger Innenbehörde, Thomas Butter, am Montag bestätigte, sind die Büros der Arbeitsgruppe am Hamburger Hafen zum 31. Dezember gekündigt worden. Die Arbeitsgruppe werde bereits zum 31. August geschlossen, sagte Butter. Die Entscheidung bedeute nicht das Ende der Arbeit von Frau Caberta: „Sie wird als Ministerialreferentin in der Innenbehörde für die Öffentlichkeitsarbeit über Scientology zuständig bleiben.“ Die Beratung von Opfern der Organisation werde der Verfassungsschutz übernehmen. Unklar sei noch, wohin das Archiv der AG Scientology komme. Es handelt sich um eine weltweit einmalige Sammlung mit vielen Geheimdokumenten. Grund der Schließung sei ein Senatsbeschluss, für die Haushaltskonsolidierung bei der AG Scientology 140 000 Euro jährlich einzusparen, sagte Butter.

Ursula Caberta äußert sich nicht zu dem Beschluss. Seit 1992 hat sie die Dienststelle geleitet, Dutzende Prozesse durchgestanden und Hunderte Aussteiger betreut. Der Sprecher von Scientology Hamburg, Frank Busch, reagierte erfreut: „Wir begrüßen es, dass die Steuergeldverschwendung in Hamburg damit endlich ad acta gelegt wird.“

Der Berliner evangelische Sektenbeauftragte Thomas Gandow beklagt den „Sieg für Scientology“. „Es ist zwar gut, dass die Beratung in Zukunft wie bei Rechtsradikalen und Islamisten der Verfassungsschutz übernehmen soll – allein mir fehlt der Glaube, dass das etwas wird.“

Dressel: Verheerendes Signal

Wie Gandow spricht die innenpolitische Sprecherin der Linken im Bundestag, Ulla Jelpke, von einem Skandal: „Frau Caberta hat verdienstvolle Arbeit geleistet. Die Schließung bedeutet freie Fahrt für Scientology.“ Und der Hamburger SPD-Bürgerschaftsabgeordnete Andreas Dressel sagt: „Ich halte das für ein verheerendes Signal. Was Scientology nicht geschafft hat – Caberta loszuwerden –, das macht nun der Senat.“ Dressel will prüfen, ob der Senat den einstimmigen Parlamentsbeschluss von 1992, die Arbeitsgruppe Scientology einzusetzen, einfach so zurücknehmen kann.

Am 6. August antwortete der Senat auf eine Kleine Anfrage Dressels, die Gefährdungslage durch die vom Verfassungsschutz beobachtete Scientology-Organisation habe sich nicht geändert; doch wegen des „hohen Aufklärungsstandes in der Bevölkerung“ sei der Sparbeschluss vertretbar. Noch im April hatte der Hamburger Innensenator und designierte Regierungschef, Christoph Ahlhaus (CDU), das Verbot von Scientology gefordert.

---------
english Translation:

HAMBURG

The Senate of Hamburg [financially cuts off] the office of Ursula Caberta. SPD and Left Party are outraged.

Since 17 years there is a state authority which delivers an educational work like no other around the world. Now the black-green state government has decided to close down the office headed by former SPD politician Ursula Caberta and to dissolve her department.

As the spokesperson for the Hamburg Interior Authority, Thomas Butter, confirmed on monday, the office space of the Working Group located at the Hamburg Harbour has been cancelled effective 31st December. The Working Group was already being closed effective 31st August, said Butter. The decision would not mean the end of Ms. Caberta's work: "She will remain responsible for the public relations work regarding Scientology as a ministerial expert." The advising function for victims of the organization was taken over by the Office for Protection of the Constitution. It was [according to him] yet unknown where the archive of the AG Scientology was being transfered to. It is a worldwide unique collection with many secret documents. The reason for the closure was a senate decision concerning the budget consolidation at the AG Scientology consisting of saving 140 000 euros each year, said Butter.

Ursula Caberta didn't comment on the decision. She has headed the office since 1992, been through dozens of legal proceedings and given advice to hundreds of former members. The spokesperson of Scientology Hamburg, Frank Busch, reacted delighted: "We welcome that the waste of tax payers' money in Hamburg has finally come to an end."

The protestant sect commissioner Thomas Gandow from Berlin mourns the "victory for Scientology". "It is a good thing that the advising function in the future is supposed to be undertaken by Verfassungsschutz as is the case with right-wing extremists and islamists - alas, I lack faith that this is going to work out."

Like Gandow, the spokesperson of the Left Party in the Bundestag for Interior Matters, Ulla Jelpke, calls this a scandal: "Ms. Caberta has done valuable work. The closure means a free pass for Scientology." And the Hamburg parliament representative Andreas Dressel, SPD, said: "I consider this a devastating signal. That which Scientology could not manage to achieve - to get rid of Caberta - is now done by the Senate." Dressel intends to investigate whether the Senate can take back the unanimous parliamentary decision of 1992 to create the Working Group Scientology just like that.

On August 6th, the Senate answered a "Kleine Anfrage" [[a form of question from parliament]] by Dressel by saying that the danger posed by the Scientology-Organization which is monitored by the OPC had not changed, but due to the "high standard of education within the population" the cut-back decision was justifiable.
Just this April the Hamburg Senator of the Interior and designated head of government, Christoph Ahlhaus (CDU), had demanded to ban Scientology.

stc

Patron with Honors
David Miscavige won't be celebrating just yet!

1370788392-bundesamt-verfassungsschutz.9.jpg

Remember that Fur-vassungs-shootz will continue to keep Scientology under surveillance. That's the intelligence agency (covering all of Germany, not just Hamburg) that monitors crazies like the hard-far-left, the hard-far-right and the suicide-bombers.

I very much like the Wikileaks idea suggested by Freeminds :D

Very pleased that they are still keeping Ursula Caberta. She has a lot of expertise. Really hope they are only scaling down the group, not shutting the department completely.

0.jpg

I look forward to seeing yet more awesome from Germany. From their brave journalists, to their film industry to their extremely creative Chanology people.

0.jpg

Nicole

Ursula Caberta made and makes a great job, She has lot of knowledge. Her main work was and I hope it will be in Hamburg. She helps people that leaves etc. But the Verfassungsschutz is everywhere. In every state of Germany. They make a very great work. They collect informations and they help if you need them.:yes: They work more in the backround that is there job. They don't like the public. I know that they are there, that they view this criminal Organization and that won't stop.

For Scientologist that wants to leave exist lots of "Sektenberatungsstellen" all over Germany. Some examples: http://www.agpf.de/AGPF-Mitgliedsvereine.htm

Mrs Beasley

Patron
Kein Auge mehr auf Scientology

Aus Kostengründen schließt der schwarz-grüne Senat in Hamburg die einzige Fachbehörde auf Länderebene.

Die bundesweit einzige Aufklärungsstelle, die sich auf Länderebene mit Scientology befasst, wird in Kürze in Hamburg geschlossen. Aus finanziellen Gründen haben die in der Hansestadt regierenden CDU und Grün-Alternative Liste (GAL) entschieden, die seit 18 Jahren tätige und seinerzeit noch unter SPD-Regie eingerichtete Arbeitsgruppe zum Monatsende auslaufen zu lassen und die Beratungstätigkeit in die Zuständigkeit des Verfassungsschutzes zu legen.

Die international bekannte Scientology-Expertin Ursula Caberta soll als Ministerialreferentin aber auch künftig Aufklärungs- und Öffentlichkeitsarbeit zu dem Thema leisten. Mit der Umstrukturierung werden laut Innenbehörde durch Halbierung der Mittel jährlich 140 000 Euro gespart. Bereits im Vorjahr stand die Arbeitsgruppe kurz vor ihrem Aus, weil Caberta offen Abwanderungsgedanken geäußert hatte. Kurzzeitig hieß es dem Vernehmen nach sogar, sie wolle nach Berlin gehen. Auch wenn sie es nicht offen kundtat, war sie vor allem darüber verbittert, dass in ihrer Dienststelle zuletzt mehrere freie Stellen nicht besetzt wurden. Das änderte sich im Frühjahr vergangenen Jahres zwar noch einmal für kurze Zeit, doch zuletzt waren wieder nur noch eineinhalb von vier Planstellen besetzt, eine davon von Caberta selbst.

Die Sektenbeauftragte der Nordelbischen Kirche, Pastorin Gabriele Lademann-Priemer, nannte die Senatsentscheidung „bedauerlich“, wollte diese aber nicht weiter kommentieren. Die SPD äußerte dagegen lautstark Kritik. Für den innenpolitischen Sprecher Andreas Dressel ist es ein Widerspruch, dass der CDU-Innensenator und von der Union ausgeguckte Bürgermeisternachfolger des ausscheidenden Ole von Beust, Christoph Ahlhaus, zuletzt noch zusammen mit Bayern ein Verbot der umstrittenen Organisation forderte, jetzt aber die Arbeit dazu elementar schwäche. Dressel: „Einerseits begründet Ahlhaus die Schließung mit dem Konsolidierungsdruck, andererseits will er ein Vielfaches der Einsparsumme für eine fragwürdige Polizei-Reiterstaffel verpulvern.“

Anke Möller aus der GAL-Fraktion versteht die Aufregung nicht, denn der Sparbeschluss sei bereits bei einer Haushaltsklausur des Senats im November 2009 gefallen. Innenbehörden-Sprecher Thomas Butter sagte, der Innensenator habe sich bemüht, bundesweit Unterstützung für vernetzte Arbeit zu dem Thema zu erhalten, doch auf einen entsprechenden Brief habe er keine Antworten erhalten.

Nach jüngsten Behördenzahlen hat Scientology bundesweit rund 5000 Mitglieder, davon etwa 650 in Hamburg. Caberta, die wegen ihres Engagements gegen die weltweit aktive Bewegung bereits mehrfach Morddrohungen erhielt, war für eine Stellungnahme nicht zu erreichen. In Hamburg ist es Scientology nicht zuletzt auf Cabertas Wirken hin untersagt, öffentlich zu werben.

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
The first time I met Ursula Caberta was at her offices in Hamburg in September 2007.

On the very first day I as there, while sitting in her conference area, a young woman with a little baby walked in crying for help. She and her baby were abandoned by her husband who was on staff at Hamburg scientology. She was abandoned as she was considered an SP as she no longer wanted to be a scientologist and was against abuses in organized scientology.

Even the great "church" of scientology in Hamburg supported the husband abandoning his wife and child who had no money, no prospects and no means of support as they were left on the streets.

This was a terrified young woman who just had a baby and her little baby LEFT ON THE STREETS by her scientologist husband and the "church" that supports him.

Immediately Ursula and her department took in the girl and her baby, got her food, a place to live and money to support herself and her baby.

This is the write-up I did of that first meeting with Ursula that includes the above: http://tinyurl.com/3f4l9l

That the above could happen breaks my heart and to me is why to fight these monsters and their continuous abuses of humanity.

That a spokesman for organized scientology just made a statement cheering the end of Ursula's group and the "waste of money" sickens me and is the type of thing that keeps me in this fight.

I still hold hopes that somehow it will be decided to keep Ursula and her group there doing what they do. God knows their help is still needed.

But whether or not they do, the fight to continue to expose and end the abuses and other horrors connected with organized scientology will continue until one day, hopefully, they will be ended.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Marty on Caberta

*posted elsewhere too, but, it belongs in here*
-------------------------------------------------------------
martyrathbun09 | August 17, 2010 at 7:20 pm

And your point? This is not my loss or my gain. Caberta asked me to come to Germany and testify. When I told her my views, synopsis of what you’ve seen on this blog if you’ve actually read it, she suddently disappeared. Only interested in wiping out the entire subject it seems. Haters’ loss. C of M’s loss too probably, because she probably had some twisted ethics effect that kept him somewhat in valence.

LO | August 17, 2010 at 7:34 pm |

LOL well said. That’s so true !
This women was just nuts . Why care about her and make her so dangerous that millions were need to shut her up. Germany corrected itself and now who will be the new ennemies in Germany ?
I bet they’ll find some new ones and that millions will be needed to handle them !
martyrathbun09 | August 17, 2010 at 9:04 pm |

And probably be a lot more formidable than a shoot-from-the-hip bigot.
-----------------------------------------

Zinj

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
The "Frankfurter Rundschau" Newspaper from today:

Anti-Scientology-Behörde muss schließen

---------
english Translation:

HAMBURG

I love and appreciate all that Ursula, Gandow and that office have done to help others. I am sad about it closing but this last 2 paragraphs above are encouraging, despite the loss of funding for the office. Thanks for posting this.

Mary

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
What does that mean?

Well, I think it *does* mean something. Poster is apparently a german Scientologist with some hinky english, but, by my reading it's a restatement of the 'magical thinking' popular in Scientology circles and being promoted by Marty;

'why pay attention to her and grant her the beingness to become dangerous to Scientology?' So, had Scientology ignored Caberta, she would have been 'as-issed'.

Since Scientology went it's normal bat-shit rabid, she gained in 'reality' and it cost the 'Church' millions to get rid of her; i.e. Scientology's millions are responsible for the end of the Hamburg commission.

Note; Marty's 'solution' to the 'Church' of Miscavige is that everyone should ignore it. Funny; that's what the 'Church' has been trying for for decades. 'Don't look at us! If you fight us, it just makes us Stronger!!'

Zinj

skollie

A Hamburg Anon has spoken with the Mrs Caberta, and this is the news posted on the German subforums.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/291-...ientology-task-force-close-70748/#post1308436

http://www.verfassungsschutz.de/en/en_fields_of_work/scientology/

Ursula Caberta will continue to do her Job in the Service of the City of Hamburg.
Only the Rooms will not be available anymore, and some of the Employees will work for other offices.
Their work will be done by the Verfassungsschutz itsself, Mrs Caberta will advise the Verfassungsschutz.
Furthermore there will be a Help and Information hotline for the public.

Nicole

It exist different opinions in the German thread what happen with Ursula Caberta. "She will remain responsible for the public relations work regarding Scientology as a ministerial expert."

The Task Force with specialist persons gets closed. That is the main problem. Around Ursula Caberta was a competent Team that helped in different questions e.g. legal questions.

At the Verfassungsschutz in Hamburg works at the moment one person on the topic Scientology. A half job will make new. It are then 1,5 persons working in Hamburg on the topic Scientology. Cabertas main work will be education and information. She doesn't help anymore people that wants to leave. That part makes the Verfassungsschutz. That is the last information of the German WWP thread.

The topic is about the German State of Hamburg. The AGS was paid by the German State of Hamburg, but they helped Scientologist that wanted to leave all over Germany. Cabertas work was allways separately from the Verfassungsschutz. Each German State has its own Verfassungsschutz and they are put together in the Union of all Germany states. For example I live in Nordrein Westafeln I have another Verfassungsschutz as the people in Hamburg or Bavaria, but in the Union of all German States they are connected. The work of the Verfassungsschutz all over Germany does go on like allways.

Nicole

Maybe that link helps understanding me. It is importand that the Hamburg Task Force was allways anything different then the Verfassungsschutz. It is easier if you want to leave to go to a Task Force with Ursula Caberta (she was often in the news) then to a secret service.

http://www.verfassungsschutz.de/en/en_about_bfv/

IMO Ursula Caberta was and is a very strong personality. She has the positive ability and the gift to inspire other people and to take them with or put them on a right way.

Nicole

cross posted
Found today at WWP:

SPIEGEL ONLINE
SPIEGEL ONLINE
08/17/2010 04:35 PM
A Victim of Savings Measures
Hamburg to Close Down Scientology Task Force

The city of Hamburg said this week it would suspend the work of its 17-year-old Scientology task force, one of the most vociferous critics of the secretive organization. Leader Ursula Caberta has successfully defended herself in numerous cases brought by Scientologists. However, the city says it will continue to monitor the group.

From Berlin, Germany, to Clearwater, Florida, there are few people more disliked by the Church of Scientology than Ursula Caberta. For 17 years, Caberta has fought against Scientology in Germany and provided assistance to members who wanted to leave the highly secretive group. As the head of a special city task force in Hamburg assigned to monitor Scientology and its activities and to help its victims, she is one of the shadowy group's most prominent critics. This week, her office itself fell victim to savings measures in the northern German port city.

A spokesperson for the Hamburg government said that the office, created in 1992 and known around the world, would be closed on August 31 and that Caberta would be transferred to the city's Interior Ministry, where she would still remain the city's point person on Scientology, which has a church in the city.

In the future, however, counselling of victims of Scientology will be taken over by the local branch of the Office for the Protection of the Constitution, Germany's domestic intelligence agency. In an interview with the daily Berliner Zeitung published on Tuesday, Hamburg Interior Ministry spokesman Thomas Butter said the closure of the working group would save the city an estimated €140,000 ($180,000) annually.

Germany has long fought against the Scientologists as they sought to gain a foothold in the country. The organization is monitored by the Office for the Protection of the Constitution on both the federal and state level. The agency generally observes extremist political groups, potentially dangerous Islamist fundamentalists and religious cults and sects.

A Unique Archive of Secret Scientology Documents

It remains unclear what will happen with the unit's comprehensive archive, which also includes many secret Scientology documents, according to the newspaper.

The head of the Scientology task force, Ursula Caberta, has won dozens of court cases involving the Scientologists and has helped hundreds of people seeking to leave the organization.

Not surprisingly, a spokesperson for Scientology Hamburg welcomed the development. "We are pleased that there will be an end to the waste of taxpayers' money in Hamburg," Frank Busch told the Berliner Zeitung.

Others were critical of the decision, including the Social Democratic and Left parties, which are in the opposition in the city-state. In Berlin, pastor Thomas Gandow, who runs the local Protestant Church's sect information center, called the move a "victory for Scientology."

And Andreas Dressel, a politician with the SPD in Hamburg's state parliament, said: "I consider it to be a disastrous message. The city has now done what Scientology was never able to succeed in doing -- it has gotten rid of Caberta." Dressel said the move would weaken the city's position against the "psychosect." Noting that the city's interior minister and future mayor, Christoph Ahlhaus, has called for a nationwide ban on Scientology, Dressel said the city was shooting itself in the foot. "Nothing could be more absurd," he said. "(Ahlhaus) is thinking about a ban while at the same time damaging an instrument in the battle against this sect."

Caberta is known internationally as one of the world's toughest critics of Scientology. In a 1996 interview with the New York Times, Caberta described Scientology as a "political movement" whose "aim is to conquer the world." In the interview, she also drew a parallel between the Scientologists and fascism. "In Germany, we have had bad experiences with people who want to rule the world," she said.

Two years earlier, she described Scientology as a "totalitarian organization that seeks to control everybody else, a dictatorship."

Questioned by the Berliner Zeitung about the closure of her office, Caberta said she had no comment.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,712323,00.html

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
The question ...

Ursula's op in Hamburg has been shut down, OCMB is dead, ESMB is going, and there aren't nearly as many anons around as in when it started in 2008. What happens without the constant pressure on Cof$? If there was no more popular action against the cult, are they fatally damaged, or like a wart not gouged out at the root, simply grow back? Opinions wanted.

Pete