What's new

Vacation in the Sea Org

BC1

Patron with Honors
I always thought that Sea Org staff never got vacation, but I've just heard of a couple getting a two week vacation to go visit family in various countries. Do you suppose that they are getting easier on staff or what?

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Technically you get 3 weeks (paid - ha!) vacation a year. It's sometimes very hard to get it approved. It really depends on what post (position) you hold, and if you can get it covered. You can plan to take time off and it can, and often does, fall through at the last second. I have had that happen many times.

I had it happen that it was not approved at 3AM, when my flight was at 6AM. They took my passport to make sure that I did not go! (It was international)

You have to get approval of your seniors, all the way up to the CO (Captain, whatever you want to call it) for time off. You also need to be security checked to make sure you are not leaving and not coming back.

Many people cannot take any time off because they are OT (what a contradiction that is!) and there are no auditors to do the sec check on them! And they can't go without the sec check.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
SO members that have their leave approved are probably going to sort out important family members that seem to drifting in the wrong direction. There has to be some reason the cult will let them go, it's not so they can rest on a beach.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
SO members that have their leave approved are probably going to sort out important family members that seem to drifting in the wrong direction. There has to be some reason the cult will let them go, it's not so they can rest on a beach.

Maybe, but it violates policy for them to be allowed to go out to handle people. It violates the PTS/SP tech and normally someone who had a family member who was causing trouble would not be allowed to see that person until the problem was resolved. Maybe they have neglected to follow it. That would be awesome.

Let people out so their family members can talk some sense into them...

Now that is a GREAT idea! :yes:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
SEA ORG VACATION - CATCH 22

All Sea Org members are entitled to yearly paid vacation.

Every responsible Sea Org member qualifies for this annual leave.

If you are a responsible Sea Org member you do not approve other irresponsible Sea Org members going on vacation while the entire agonized future of this planet is still at risk.

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
Technically you get 3 weeks (paid - ha!)
Many people cannot take any time off because they are OT (what a contradiction that is!) and there are no auditors to do the sec check on them! And they can't go without the sec check.

How true. It has aways been thus. When the "Jo'berg" first hit the scene, it was issued in order to avoid paying Staff. If you hadn't had your "Jo'berg", you couldn't get 'paid', and there never were auditors to deliver the process.
The Jo'berg was used as an excuse (reason) to not issue 'pay, just as sec checks today are used as a control mechanism. As Stephen King says " same shit, different day", or SSDD.

Challenge

Challenge

SEA ORG VACATION - CATCH 22

All Sea Org members are entitled to yearly paid vacation.

Every responsible Sea Org member qualifies for this annual leave.

If you are a responsible Sea Org member you do not approve other irresponsible Sea Org members going on vacation while the entire agonized future of this planet is still at risk.

Being a "responsible SO member" consists mostly of your stats. You gotta be in Power widchur stats. You ethics file must be clean.
When I was aboard the Apollo ( in 1971), I was fortunate enough to have a petition approved by LRH for my getting an LOA, despite being on FEBC.
It was because all my stats were out the friggin roof, and my ethics file consisted of commendations only. ( and LRH knew and liked me).

Challenge

BC1

Patron with Honors
I'm very suspicious of this vacation. It strikes me as very odd. One of these people has been in the SO for over 15 years, the other only about 3-5 I think. The long term member never seemed to have any interest in family visits, didn't even bother to attend a family wedding! Although in fairness almost nobody attended theirs either, one parent even skipped out. So I find it very odd that now they are taking multiple weeks off for family visitation and have somehow come up with all this cash when in the past they have had none. Something isn't adding up in the situation. It is possible that someone in the family is footing the bill and I'm just not aware of it. I know that some family members have made comments in front of other scientologists about their lack of enthusiasm, so maybe that is the deal.

Vacation whilst in the SO

I once got three weeks leave whilst in the SO. I had an international flight to catch that my family had paid for. I had to run around after Post (midnight) finding out what was happening with my CSW as I hadn't heard anything. My flight was due to leave in the morning. I ended up blowing so I could get my vacation. There was no other way I was going to get that flight. I left the Org that night and stayed at a friends place who dropped me at the airport the next morning. The 3 weeks of absolute bliss I had was worth the shit I got when I returned. I personally think that they don't allow you leave or make it impossible to get because they know once you're out of the clasp you start to wake up, like I did. It wasn't too long after that time that I left the SO.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I had two vacations in 23 years. The first one was around 1976. I stayed with a friend in London and went to the London Go Centre and played Go every day for a week.

Still at Saint Hill, in 1982 I went to California for a month to see my daughter. No-one objected to it at all. No sec check needed. The evening before I left my senior told me I needed someone to cover my post, something I had ignored up to that point. I asked the first public person I saw and she said yes! Phew. I had a lovely month in California. No hassles at all.

Paul

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
I always thought that Sea Org staff never got vacation, but I've just heard of a couple getting a two week vacation to go visit family in various countries. Do you suppose that they are getting easier on staff or what?

The FO says three weeks per year. When I first got in (1976) and through to 1982 I never had a problem getting my leave if I wanted it - the usual problem was having the money.... Guillaume and Vanella took three weeks every summer and he was the CO EU and she was D/CO.

HelluvaHoax!

I once got three weeks leave whilst in the SO. I had an international flight to catch that my family had paid for. I had to run around after Post (midnight) finding out what was happening with my CSW as I hadn't heard anything. My flight was due to leave in the morning. I ended up blowing so I could get my vacation. There was no other way I was going to get that flight. I left the Org that night and stayed at a friends place who dropped me at the airport the next morning. The 3 weeks of absolute bliss I had was worth the shit I got when I returned. I personally think that they don't allow you leave or make it impossible to get because they know once you're out of the clasp you start to wake up, like I did. It wasn't too long after that time that I left the SO.

Exactly Exactly Exactly!

When I finally got a leave approved (after years) I didn't start to wake up immediately.

First I went to sleep. LOL. Tons of sleep. After a couple days of being back and getting enough sleep, I felt better than all the FN VGIS I had for the previous several years. The sleep deprivation alone makes one into a freaking mono-focus, planet clearing zombie.

I could not believe how good I felt from just getting sleep.

It was after GOING TO SLEEP that I started to wake up....day by day....

And that is when I realized that some universal force (or deeply embedded common sense) was compelling me to not return.

I recall vividly the first micro-second "flashes" I had about the idea of not returning.

It was like a flickering of unimaginably horrendous evil that had to be suppressed...at first.

Eventually I came to grow more comfortable with that unexplicably weird mental phenomena and ....eventually realized that it was REALITY coming back into my mind.

Then I was done, never to return.

And, naturally, at that point I had some "returning" dreams---the nightmare of finding myself back "in".

It's cool when you let yourself out of your own prison.

Kutta

I had one holiday while 'in'. It was for a week I think in about 1979 or 80. Got an Aussie staff member doing training at SH to hold my post, stayed up almost all night for a couple of nights to get post in ship shape order. No sec check required. Only sour note was another SO member telling me it was not OK to go as there was a mission on. That may have been Capt Bill's as I don't recall his mission at all. Lucky me! I also determined while on that holiday to leave. Those wogs looked so happy and free!

Like HH I also slept heaps during that week. As we trekked through France in our Kombi, I lay in the back, snuggled in a pink woollie blanket and dreamed sweet dreams of real life in the real world.

Last edited:

Happy Days

No vacation in the SO is complete without firstly receiving a Sec Check before you go and then be assigned your own personal carer, someone not known to the family, just someone tagging along :D.

A carer that will watch your every move and be there as an intermediary for those difficult moments with family members.

To report back to the mother ship on arising issues such as disaffection, antagonistic family and friends. So the SO member can then be put on a program to 'Handle or Disconnect' complete with a Sec Check just to round off the vacation.

Boy that sounds like so much fun :happydance::happydance::angry::angry:

HAPPY VACATION - SLIP SLOP SLAP

BC1

Patron with Honors
Well, I hope what happened to some of you will happen to them and they will wake up while on vacation. Almost any of the family members would happily take them in if they left since only one is actually in the church, the rest believe it's a cult. They are still young, they could make a good life for themselves if they just would wake up and leave!

HelluvaHoax!

No vacation in the SO is complete without firstly receiving a Sec Check before you go and then be assigned your own personal carer, someone not known to the family, just someone tagging along :D.

A carer that will watch your every move and be there as an intermediary for those difficult moments with family members.

To report back to the mother ship on arising issues such as disaffection, antagonistic family and friends. So the SO member can then be put on a program to 'Handle or Disconnect' complete with a Sec Check just to round off the vacation.

Boy that sounds like so much fun :happydance::happydance::angry::angry:

HAPPY VACATION - SLIP SLOP SLAP

lolol

SEC CHECKER
Do you have any withholds about your upcoming 3 week leave? That reads.

SEA ORG MEMBER
Ummmm, that was the intention to enjoy life.

SEC CHECKER
On "to enjoy life" is there an earlier similar evil purpose?

since i burned all my "source" crap, wasn't there a hubbard reference about someone needing/wanting a vacation meant ________ blah blah, something negative, that was used against every public and staff?