What's new

If I get my money back will my sister have to disconnect from me?

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
If I get my money back will my sister have to disconnect from me if she wants to stay in?

Or will she have to disconnect from me only if she wants to do her OT levels?

Lets just say for this example that i get my money back (unused money on account- not a refund for services all ready done) and I don't announce it to my sister or friends who are still in. I just get it back and move on quietly.

Will the "church" notify them (friends and family) and make them disconnect? Or will this only be a problem for them if I make this a public thing?

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
If I get my money back will my sister have to disconnect from me if she wants to stay in?

Lets just say for this example that i get my money back (unused money on account- not a refund for services all ready done) and I don't announce it to my sister or friends who are still in. I just get it back and move on quietly.

Will the "church" notify them (friends and family) and make them disconnect? Or will this only be a problem for them if I make this a public thing?

I think the first applies because getting a refund makes you an SP and your sister would then not be allowed to associate with you.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron

It is very likely that CoS would get very nasty, call in your sister and each and every friend you have and order them all to disconnect, very likely with a thick coating of lies and innuendo about you. Then they would check your facebook friends and have everyone they can influence unfriend you.

Getting your money back is a sign that you are no longer a supporter of CoS and they will do everything in their power to make sure you don't influence anyone else with that pesky truth.

I would suggest you work on your sister and friends with bits of information and get as many of them as possible to start looking on their own. Once your family members are out, officially or not, go for the repayment. Add a lawsuit, talk to the press, and lobby gov't to investigate too, if you want to, at that point. Good luck.

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron

From my experience, the Cos 'excommunicates' members who ask for funds back. The word 'excommunicates' pretty much sums up what one can expect once funds are returned.

I personally feel that ex-members should go forth and resign as well as request repayments if that is their true position. Holding off because of the consequences only puts one in a 'silent prison'. However, every individual has to make up their own mind and decide what they can handle as they deem appropriate.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Seriously? Sounds like a tricky question to begin with. I might be wrong.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
It is very likely that CoS would get very nasty, call in your sister and each and every friend you have and order them all to disconnect, very likely with a thick coating of lies and innuendo about you. Then they would check your facebook friends and have everyone they can influence unfriend you.

Getting your money back is a sign that you are no longer a supporter of CoS and they will do everything in their power to make sure you don't influence anyone else with that pesky truth.

I would suggest you work on your sister and friends with bits of information and get as many of them as possible to start looking on their own. Once your family members are out, officially or not, go for the repayment. Add a lawsuit, talk to the press, and lobby gov't to investigate too, if you want to, at that point. Good luck.
This. Kook has been in a long time and knows a lot of people that were in. Another thing to keep in mind is that, as I have been told by others who have done it (I have never been in), the money you get back must come from people who are in (ie they reg them), money never comes back from management. That means it takes time to get the money and also, it is coming from public and not CofS. Please understand I am not telling you not to do it. Putting economic pressure on the orgs may ultimately get your family out or in the least help bring about change. However, Kookaburra is surely right that demanding money will get you a declare.

Can anyone who has done this give an idea of how long it takes for money to come back? Also OP, don't give away too much information about yourself if you are talking about these issues. It will make it too easy for you to be identified.

Good twin

Floater
This. Kook has been in a long time and knows a lot of people that were in. Another thing to keep in mind is that, as I have been told by others who have done it (I have never been in), the money you get back must come from people who are in (ie they reg them), money never comes back from management. That means it takes time to get the money and also, it is coming from public and not CofS. Please understand I am not telling you not to do it. Putting economic pressure on the orgs may ultimately get your family out or in the least help bring about change. However, Kookaburra is surely right that demanding money will get you a declare.

Can anyone who has done this give an idea of how long it takes for money to come back? Also OP, don't give away too much information about yourself if you are talking about these issues. It will make it too easy for you to be identified.

Two years ago when my friends and I were assisting a bunch of people with repayments from Flag the estimated time was about a week per ten thousand dollars. One of our guys got 20,000 in two weeks and one who was asking for 200,000 had to wait not quite 5 months. That's how we came up with the week per ten thousand formula. But that was Flag. It can take longer at a lower Org. It depends on how much money they have in set asides for refunds and repayments and if they don't have it, yes, they have to raise it. None of the money comes from up lines. That's not how refunds and repayments are handled. Each church, mission, SH, and AO has it's own financial structure.

Wisened One

Crusader
Two years ago when my friends and I were assisting a bunch of people with repayments from Flag the estimated time was about a week per ten thousand dollars. One of our guys got 20,000 in two weeks and one who was asking for 200,000 had to wait not quite 5 months. That's how we came up with the week per ten thousand formula. But that was Flag. It can take longer at a lower Org. It depends on how much money they have in set asides for refunds and repayments and if they don't have it, yes, they have to raise it. None of the money comes from up lines. That's not how refunds and repayments are handled. Each church, mission, SH, and AO has it's own financial structure.

Yeah. lrh (and now dm) wouldn't want their money affected. They'd hate to have to tighten their belts. Preferring to whip the backs of SO and Staff (and Public by regging them constantly) instead...

ScnRebel

Patron
Requesting a repayment or refund is a Suppressive Act per the Ethics Book, but so is a hell of a lot of other stuff. You normally don't get declared for doing a repayment. Per policy, it does not say you should disconnect with a person who has asked for a refund, but most people don't know the policy, and will accept anything the Morg says.

I know a guys who was on OT VII. Every time he went to flag he was asked if he was still talking to his brother who had asked for a refund.

When I did my repayment, all of our Scn friends were required to disconnect from me. One friend had to get Ethics OK to come and visit me one more time to wrap up the cycles he had going. Really nuts.

When I did my repayment, I was quite willing to let go of all of the people we were friends with. Thinking about it now, it would have been a better idea to bring as many friends with as possible. So instead of having the Morg tell everyone that they could not talk to me, thus them not even looking at my point of view, it would have been better to talk to them while I was still in.

So my advice is start sowing the seed of discontent. At some point the Morg will issolate you as a source of trouble, and when they haul you in for a handling, you tell them you are taking a repayment. At that point they will back right off.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
So my advice is start sowing the seed of discontent. At some point the Morg will issolate you as a source of trouble, and when they haul you in for a handling, you tell them you are taking a repayment. At that point they will back right off.

I don't understand why would they back off then?

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes

Yes, probably.

By getting your money back, you are implying that scio does not work. Which only and SP would say. Because scio is the only hope of mankind and you are taking money away from the effort to clear the planet. etc. etc. etc.

Your sisters 'handlers' will inevitably tell her this and more about why she should disconnect from you.

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill

They usually expell people who get their money back though I've heard of times where they had not. So they would be told to disconnect from you.

The cult also forces people to disconnect when the other party isn't expelled and declared but is in "serious ethics trouble" or summat.

They are assbags.

ScnRebel

Patron
I don't understand why would they back off then?

From my experience in dealing with people that refund, the org staff are petrified of people that refund. No-one wants to handle the cycle. When I went into the Morg and said that I wanted to refund, everyone avoided me like the plague from then on. That was the last I heard from most of them. The calls that I received after that were from staff that had not heard that I was refunding, and they very quickly ended the conversation when I told them.

For anyone that wants to get the Morg off their backs, I strongly recommend asking for a refund/repayment, even if you don't get the money back, it is worth the effort.

Sign of Success

Patron with Honors

This is the simple truth: 'getting back your money that you still have in your
account which you have already donated; it's not a problem. And your sister
doesn't need to handle or disconnect from you.
SCN will refund also any money you donated for the services you already done if you think you had never got any benefit from them.
On the last case, you will not be again allowed to get SCN services,
ever! And you will be still able to contact any SCN members in your family
because you would not be declared as an SP.
Of course, if your intentions are going to be "attacking SCN",
the statements above will not apply anymore.
If you get an SP declare because of your actions against Scientologists,
(which means an attack on your sister, as well)...well, your sister would be
the only one who will decide about disconnecting or not disconnecting from you.

Whoever says different things as I stated above, IS a fake ex-scnist
or just a member of an hate monger group or just a bigot!
It's as simple as that:yes:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
O Logic, where for art thou?

If someone was a FAKE exScientologist, that would mean that they were PRETENDING to be an ex member but really weren't an ex member which means they'd be a member, and, thus, would have no reason to say anything that CofS would not approve of.

You should ...erm...revisit this issue and your frequent accusations of "fake ex Scientologists".

Feral

Rogue male
Requesting a repayment or refund is a Suppressive Act per the Ethics Book, but so is a hell of a lot of other stuff. You normally don't get declared for doing a repayment. Per policy, it does not say you should disconnect with a person who has asked for a refund, but most people don't know the policy, and will accept anything the Morg says.

I know a guys who was on OT VII. Every time he went to flag he was asked if he was still talking to his brother who had asked for a refund.

When I did my repayment, all of our Scn friends were required to disconnect from me. One friend had to get Ethics OK to come and visit me one more time to wrap up the cycles he had going. Really nuts.

When I did my repayment, I was quite willing to let go of all of the people we were friends with. Thinking about it now, it would have been a better idea to bring as many friends with as possible. So instead of having the Morg tell everyone that they could not talk to me, thus them not even looking at my point of view, it would have been better to talk to them while I was still in.

We did this exept we ran the repayment and spoke to our friends concurrently.

Gave the Cof$ heartburn it did.

Feral

Rogue male
This is the simple truth: 'getting back your money that you still have in your
account which you have already donated; it's not a problem. And your sister
doesn't need to handle or disconnect from you.
SCN will refund also any money you donated for the services you already done if you think you had never got any benefit from them.
On the last case, you will not be again allowed to get SCN services,
ever! And you will be still able to contact any SCN members in your family
because you would not be declared as an SP.
Of course, if your intentions are going to be "attacking SCN",
the statements above will not apply anymore.
If you get an SP declare because of your actions against Scientologists,
(which means an attack on your sister, as well)...well, your sister would be
the only one who will decide about disconnecting or not disconnecting from you.

Whoever says different things as I stated above, IS a fake ex-scnist
or just a member of an hate monger group or just a bigot!
It's as simple as that:yes:

This is disinformation and very funny.

Asking for and receiving either repayment and refund will lead to a declare.

Declare will lead to a disconnection.

Sorry Signs of Success, "Known Troll".

Sign of Success

Patron with Honors
"Asking for and receiving either repayment and refund will lead to a declare."

Sorry, feral, your statemt is false!
Show me the policy that says that.
Are you trying to scare the OP or are you trying to promote hate and false propaganda
toward SCN?

AnonKat

Crusader
"Asking for and receiving either repayment and refund will lead to a declare."

Sorry, feral, your statemt is false!
Show me the policy that says that.
Are you trying to scare the OP or are you trying to promote hate and false propaganda
toward SCN?

can you imagine life without policy Marco ?