What's new

Elvis Rathbun: Viva Las Vagueness

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Now, King of Indies--Elvis Rathbun has hit his stride...telling his flock what books will help them think right.

Scientologists and Indie Scientologists will follow the flakiest, criminal hypocrites imaginable. They just need to hear the right words and they obey because they are overwhelmed by anyone that has "certainty".

Today, Elvis Rathbun recommends Thomas Paine's "AGE OF REASON".

Romney%2C%20Thomas%20Paine.jpg
Oh.

My.

God.

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/09/02/the-age-of-reason-recommended-reading/

Naturally, Elvis perverts the material so that it's all attack against his enemies, the COS and COB. He doesn't care much about what Thomas Paine would have thought of Ron Hubbard, Scientology or himself as an Indie Cult Leader.

It Thomas Paine were to see Elvis at work, I wonder what he would think of the King of the Indies?

Wait, we know what Thomas Paine would say. Here:

(on Scientologists believing in "the tech"):A long habit of not thinking a thing wrong gives it a superficial appearance of being right.

(on Marty's Indie Scn religious movement): All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit.

(on Marty's belief in alien invasions and being haunted by BT's within your own body/mind): Any system of religion that has anything in it that shocks the mind of a child, cannot be true.

(on Marty's belief in L. Ron Hubbard): Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man.

(on Marty's censorship of thoughts & posts):When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon.

(on Marty's certainty about his religion bringing freedom to mankind):Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst.

Hey, y'all think Elvis would post this stuff?

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Are Indie Scientologists actually dumb enough not to realize that Thomas Paine's debunking of lying charlatanism under the the cloak of religion is aimed squarely at world-class liars and fraudsters like Hubbard & Indie King Rathbun, not just David Miscavige?

Elvis explains to his indie cult all about what The Age of Reason really means...so they don't have to use Reason and figure it out for themselves.

Cult members really like that sort of VIP treatment.

Thomas Paine: "It is impossible to calculate the moral mischief, if I may so express it, that mental lying has produced in society. When a man has so far corrupted and prostituted the chastity of his mind, as to subscribe his professional belief to things he does not believe he has prepared himself for the commission of every other crime. He takes up the trade of a priest for the sake of gain, and, in order to qualify himself for that trade, he begins with a perjury. Can we conceive anything more destructive to morality than this?"​

HelluvaHoax!

Only if he could turn it around so it looked like it was against DM instead of LRH.

Originally Posted by Marty Rathbun.

Dear Grey Wolf,

I read your comments and would like to clear up your false data. It is not just ME that is against DM. Quite obviously Thomas Paine knew enough to warn us of COB hundreds of years ago.

But, just in case that is not enough for you, I refer you to the very specific predictions of 16th Century seer Nostradamus (which I have standardly translated for you from the original French).

ML,

Marty Rathbun

pic0.jpg

pic43.jpg

"Ye beware of King David who shall come upon you to destroy,
In the 21st Century after the red-haired one has departed,
And your new leader shall give grand speeches of his works
But I have predicted here that he shall lie to ye and force ye to donate
to SuperPower, Ideal Orgs and still beat the shit out of you."
(Nostradamus Prophesy)

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Well methinks that St Marty recommended the book because of the title rather than the content. He sure as hell did not read it. and he certainly would not want his acolytes reading it and, god forbid, understanding it!

HelluvaHoax!

Violates occams razor.

(wikipedia source)
450px-Fridge_Minsk_10_001.JPG

Is the refrigerator empty because a gang of international thieves stole the food,
because the refrigerator is an alien artifact that makes food disappear
or because my roommate and his friends were hungry last night?

Occam's Razor works. Except if Scientologists are involved.

SCIENTOLOGIST
(tone 40 certainty)
I know it's the aliens. But, no worries,
Scientology handles aliens on the OT levels.​

Terril park

Sponsor
How does it violate Occams razor? Assuming that he actually read Common Sense would be a stretch.

You quoth:-

"Well methinks that St Marty recommended the book because of the title rather than the content. He sure as hell did not read it. and he certainly would not want his acolytes reading it and, god forbid, understanding it!"

If he didn't want his acolytes to read it he need not have posted about it.

Simples!

To account for his posting it when he didn't want his acolytes to read it is
extremely complex. Complexities which your post didn't begin to address.
Complexities which I can't even imagine.

Terril park

Sponsor
Occam's Razor works. Except if Scientologists are involved.

Often so. For example the idea that bigger buildings means
more scientologists is simple but its cause and effect ass backwords
which involves very complex explanations which are not forthcoming.

The idea that they are needed because there are lots of scientologists
struggling in cramped spaces is a simple idea, but as its patently untrue,
incredibly complex explanations would be needed to justify it.

I know its untrue because apart from myriad reports I walked past the windows of the div 6 area and book shop of the new London Org and there
was no one there. This was prime foundation hours, 7.30 saturday evening.

HelluvaHoax!

Great scientist & physicist Sir Isaac Newton adapted Occam's Razor as:

"We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances."

Thus, for example, suppose one were taking a nap near a river and suddenly was awakened by:

* A child's scream

* (opening one's eyes to see): A huge splash

* (followed by): Perfectly calm water.

* (looking around further and): No one in sight in the river, on the bank, on the bridge above, on the sidewalk adjacent or the nearby road.

* (5 seconds elapse, after which): A child suddenly pops to the surface and begins treading water.​

Newton would employ Occam's Razor and offer as the most likely explanation that:

The child jumped off the span into the water, yelling as
they went down, plunged under the water and then buoyantly surfaced.

Great scientist & nuclear physicist L. Ron Hubbard would employ Scientology's Razor and offer as the most likely explanation that:

The child fell off the bridge due to PTSness and plummeted down due to an aberration--
the inability to fly using their native OT powers, which were lost when millions of aliens somehow
cleverly attached themselves to his body 75 million years ago even though he is only 10 years old.​

Obviously! Thanks Ron.

I just made some toast the first slice came out like this

elvistoast.jpg

The second one got stuck in the toast and got burnt, it came out looking like this

martytoast.jpg

I think I'm going to attach a set of cans to my toaster and start auditing OT III tonight.

HelluvaHoax!

I just made some toast the first slice came out like this

elvistoast.jpg

The second one got stuck in the toast and got burnt, it came out looking like this

martytoast.jpg

I think I'm going to attach a set of cans to my toaster and start auditing OT III tonight.

lolol

That is soooooo cool that you are channeling Elvis out of your toaster!

I am still trying to figure out why that second piece of toast had Gorbachev on it?

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
You quoth:-

"Well methinks that St Marty recommended the book because of the title rather than the content. He sure as hell did not read it. and he certainly would not want his acolytes reading it and, god forbid, understanding it!"

If he didn't want his acolytes to read it he need not have posted about it.

Simples!

To account for his posting it when he didn't want his acolytes to read it is
extremely complex. Complexities which your post didn't begin to address.
Complexities which I can't even imagine.

No it is very simple Terrill.

Marty wishes to appear that he is broader than Scientology, his postings show a desperate attempt to appear to be a man of breadth.

If he had read Common Sense then the LAST thing he would be espousing is Scientology or any organized religion.

It's not very complex Terrill - he is a Scientologist and has been for the majority of his adult life and is the child of a Dianetics adherent which is another way of pointing out that he has the breadth of education of a sheep herder in Burkina Faso.

Hubbard also tried to rope in real philosophers and writers as a way of trying to look professorial when he was bloviating - something Rathbun has also adopted as a modus operandi.

So no real need to multiply entities.

In fact your approach involves ading endless crap - liek assuming that anyone who studies Scientology is capable of rational and ethical thought while they do so.

No it is very simple Terrill.

Marty wishes to appear that he is broader than Scientology, his postings show a desperate attempt to appear to be a man of breadth.

If he had read Common Sense then the LAST thing he would be espousing is Scientology or any organized religion.

It's not very complex Terrill - he is a Scientologist and has been for the majority of his adult life and is the child of a Dianetics adherent which is another way of pointing out that he has the breadth of education of a sheep herder in Burkina Faso.

Hubbard also tried to rope in real philosophers and writers as a way of trying to look professorial when he was bloviating - something Rathbun has also adopted as a modus operandi.

So no real need to multiply entities.

In fact your approach involves ading endless crap - liek assuming that anyone who studies Scientology is capable of rational and ethical thought while they do so.

Right. Con-plex from Marty explained through crap-plex of Terril.

AngeloV

Gold Meritorious Patron
Great scientist & physicist Sir Isaac Newton adapted Occam's Razor as:

"We are to admit no more causes of natural things than such as are both true and sufficient to explain their appearances."

Thus, for example, suppose one were taking a nap near a river and suddenly was awakened by:

* A child's scream

* (opening one's eyes to see): A huge splash

* (followed by): Perfectly calm water.

* (looking around further and): No one in sight in the river, on the bank, on the bridge above, on the sidewalk adjacent or the nearby road.

* (5 seconds elapse, after which): A child suddenly pops to the surface and begins treading water.​

Newton would employ Occam's Razor and offer as the most likely explanation that:

The child jumped off the span into the water, yelling as
they went down, plunged under the water and then buoyantly surfaced.

Great scientist & nuclear physicist L. Ron Hubbard would employ Scientology's Razor and offer as the most likely explanation that:

The child fell off the bridge due to PTSness and plummeted down due to an aberration--
the inability to fly using their native OT powers, which were lost when millions of aliens somehow
cleverly attached themselves to his body 75 million years ago even though he is only 10 years old.​

Obviously! Thanks Ron.

Thanks HH for a hearty laugh this AM. It's good to star the day with one. :D