What's new

OTs on Objectives

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
More like boot camp.

Mark A. Baker

Yarr!

Tis the CoS Merry-go-round~ Little bouncing ponies bringing you ever closer to enlightenment!
What?!?
You fell off?
Oh my!, well let us helps you get back on that rearing stallion wot gallops you to the infinate and ultimate reality!:treadmill:
Hey, hey! Just a sec! You can't get back on until you pay again! :naughty:

Over and over again, rinse-pay-repeat-pay-rinse blah blah. This whole scheme was origionally touted by LRH as 'the simple fast way to enlightenment' "easy as pie"~ blah blah blather-blarge. :puke2:

Hardly close to truth, as many know far too well :bigcry:

The mutated, tangled, octopus of words and deciet gets its hooks into the well intentioned, strips them of their money, self awareness, families, all the fun stuff.
It delivers nothing but illusions, and at a very hefty price.

Meanwhile back at the ranch :drama: :tvhappy::laundry:

:cheers:

:guyfawkes:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
-----snipped-----
This whole scheme was origionally touted by LRH as 'the simple fast way to enlightenment' "easy as pie"~ blah blah blather-blarge. :puke2:

FAST FOOD ENLIGHTENMENT!!
The Express DRIVE THRU WINDOW to Total Freedom
drive-thru.jpg

"Not so fast there m'am---before I give you Ronald McFreedom's
priceless tech, did you want to SuperSize that CoolAid?"

P

Painter

Nomenclature

It seems to me that ex-Scientologists should be able to, or at least make an effort to explain themselves to people like myself, who know little or nothing of Scientology's esoteric vocabulary.

L.Ron Hubbard made a deliberately cruel and violent assault on common decency, and one of his primary weapons was a distortion of the English language. Ex-Scientologists who insist on using Hubbard's various terminologies to explain various states of the human psyche are, it seems to me, perpetuating the essential fallacies that underly the whole Scientological paradigm.

What's wrong with using plain English?

I realize that Hubbard employed a kind of shorthand to describe certain points of psychic transference, that may be indeed quite real.... and yet I can't help but feel that in describing them with his own invented vocabulary he not only distorted them, but tried to manipulate and control them.

There is nothing in Hubbard's entire arsenal of so-called perception, that can't be described equally well in plain English. Aye, there's the rub. Good old LRon was intent on creating an exclusive club now, wasn't he? He had no intention of allowing just ANYONE to participate in it. Ordinary English was in no way sufficient to explain the higher realms of reality with which Scientology deals. A new vocabulary needed to be invented. And it was.

So now I need to wonder, how come ex-Scientologists still refer to Hubbard's vocabulary to explain how they feel, or what they do? Is it too complicated to use ordinary language? Do they think Hubbard's "shorthand" is somehow more accurate than plain English would be?

I really do not know. But I think that language is probably the foremost determinant of reality that there is, and I resent seeing it being malformed - whether deliberately by Scientologists, or inadvertantly by ex-Scientologists. Every time I read some Scientology neologism, my mind revolts against it. None of this shit is true. Or if some of it is partly true, then the whole of it is absolutely false. And all of it needs to be totally abandoned in favor of ordinary English.

The best way to dispense with Scientology is to abandon its esoteric language, and to explain experience in terms that anyone can understand. That is the real "C" in ARC.

P

Painter

I would galdly re-do my CCH's,

If only I could remember what they were. I was sure they were Comprehensive Collective Happenstances, but now I don't know. Last week I read a pamphlet that said they were Collective Colloidal Hermeneutics, and that seemed entirely plausible to me.

Can you please direct me to the proper metaphysical course?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Well, you'll seldom hear a mechanic call a carburetor (carby) by it's descriptive definition, unless he's talking to someone who can only think of it as the "the device in an internal combustion engine where fuel is vapourized and mixed with air prior to ignition ".

It's just that Exes know what you mean when you say, "Objectives" or "CCHs".

Your take on alternate english language equivalents is hereby invited.

Well, you'll seldom hear a mechanic call a carburetor (carby) by it's descriptive definition, unless he's talking to someone who can only think of it as the "the device in an internal combustion engine where fuel is vapourized and mixed with air prior to ignition ".

It's just that Exes know what you mean when you say, "Objectives" or "CCHs".

Your take on alternate english language equivalents is hereby invited.

And conversely, non-scientologists aren't likely to understand what they are even if you do spell them out unless they can relate them to a similar modality from some other practice. However, in general I would agree. Standard english is preferable to scientologese.

Mark A. Baker

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
[image suggestive of hypnosis] :)

Zinj
Lol, Zinj, we've had this conversation many times. I understand that you think it is about hypnosis but that doesn't hold water when it comes to explaining some of the aspects of all Objective Processes.

I don't continue to mention this out of any desire to promote these processes, I simply consider it a mistake to blithely dismiss this stuff in such a manner. Look over some of the processes in Creation Of Human Ability for examples of processes that obviously have little to do with controlling/directing a person's attention or creating delusion. "Find the Hidden Object" (or whatever it's called) is one such example.

There is quite a bit more to it than some of the simplistic explanations would have us believe (desirable as those simple explanations may be to those seeking simple answers to complex questions).

I'm sure there are others here who have had what they consider to be quite positive experiences with Objective Processes, they're probably just loathe to mention it. I prefer truth.

Last edited:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
If memory doesn't fail me.. Most, if not all, of the early drills/exersises, like TR's and CCH's are for 'learning' to be controlled. To make auditing sessions work better, or work at all?

I did all that, and at the time I did, I was an enthusiastic scientologist.. But my impression of it all.. Book & Bottle, touch that wall, etc.. For teaching me to comply with an auditing command, seemed superfluous to me. I could do that! - Ie. I can sit still at the dentist too, even when it hurts like a sumbitch.

Allright.. Back then I wondered about 'complying to an auditing command'.. Like going back on my timetrack to some incident.. I really didn't know what that meant, so how could I comply? - Sure, I could 'go back' and get some mental imagery, but was I really 'back', or did I just 'remember' or 'imagine'?

Of course.. I was loath to admit this little doubt of mine, since I'd read that 'inability to differentiate' was 'insanity'...

Looking back at it, I have to say I didn't get anything at all out of it. I believed I did, and I wrote 'Success Stories'.. But the actual lasting 'results' was doubts about my sanity and value as a human being.. The failure to obtain the 'fantastic wins' caused the SP/not SP merry-go-round to be 'installed' solidly.

And I do think this has a lot to do with hypnosis. The training for 'complying' without resistance.. It's just a part of it.. Having 'agreed' to the 'Dianetics theory' that our minds are flawed and untrustworthy is another part.. But hypnosis is the only reason I can see that explains why scientologists are so absolutely uncritical and willing to abandon their lives and children on the say so from Hubbard or some 'church official'.

:yes:

Last edited:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
Yarr!

Tis the CoS Merry-go-round~ Little bouncing ponies bringing you ever closer to enlightenment!

I've already trademarked the name 'Merry-Go-Ron' :)

You buys your ticket
You takes your ride
You get off at the end in the same place
A little bit poorer and slightly dizzy...

Zinj

RogerB

Crusader
I see there's a fair bit of inaccurate opinion and and some additional twaddle on this thread from folks who've not actually done or really studied this subject of "objectives" and/or CCHs :duh:

In actuality, the use of these processes is in fact the reverse of hypnosis . . . if anything they un-hypnotise the person. Though it is equally true some folks do have to go through some dopiness and "unconsciousness" to get their attention fully and knowing under their control on present time.

YOu see, these processes are actually used to cause or allow the PC to knowingly do what they are being asked to do. A lot of folks go through life on an automatic, dazed and partially unaware basis.

Thus these processes put the PC in knowing control of what he/she is doing!

Opening Procedure by Duplication (Opi-Doop or "book and bottle") similarly causes a PC to differentiate at a high knowing, present awareness level between the two locations and objects in the Physical Universe.

These are actually very vital skills/abilities to have under your control . . . not a lot of folks are in that condition.

In my observation, folks who've protested or disagreed objectives are folks who've either addressed them based on a misunderstood or had some other cause or reason for not actually really doing the process.

I've delivered and received (each) many hundreds of hours of them.

RogerB

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Well, isn't everything in Scientology the reverse of hypnosis?

Dianetics is explained as removing engrams & implants.. And engrams & implants are described as 'commands' lurking in your mind without you being aware of it. That's hypnosis to all intents and purposes.. Ie. Hypnosis by accident, in the case of 'engrams' and deliberatly put there, in the case of 'implants'.

So we can all draw a sigh of relief. Scientology is NOT hypnosis..

There must be some other explanation for scientologists blindly and fanatically obeying the most atrocious bullshit orders and trying to make our society into a totalitarian hell.. Following Hubbards psychotic drivel without recognizing it as such.. And that while paying all they can earn.. Abandoning their children...

Oh.. And they think they're ethical too!

:screwy:

Zinjifar

In actuality, the use of these processes is in fact the reverse of hypnosis . . . if anything they un-hypnotise the person.

heh

YOu see, these processes are actually used to cause or allow the PC to knowingly do what they are being asked * to do.

*told

What he/she is *unknowingly doing* is training in accepting the 'authority' of the person running the hypnotic induction, although, to be more accurate, the person giving the commands is not the actual hypnotist, merely a script delivery 'agent' standing proxy for the real hypnotist; Ron/'The Church'.

In my observation, folks who've protested or disagreed objectives are folks who've either addressed them based on a misunderstood or had some other cause or reason for not actually really doing the process.

Either SP or PTS, or having overts/withholds against Ron or His Church.

I've delivered and received (each) many hundreds of hours of them.

RogerB

Zinj

HelluvaHoax!

Young lady, you WILL do your CCHs again.

images

Also, tits or gtfo.

lolololol (Oooooh datz delicious funni! But isn't it an "Irregular 2-D Practice" for a female terminal to expose the breast terminals?)

Ron's loving r-factor in KSW:

This Is The Session or Get The Fuck Out!

Zinjifar

lolololol (Oooooh datz delicious funni! But isn't it an "Irregular 2-D Practice" for a female terminal to expose the breast terminals?)

Ron's loving r-factor in KSW:

This Is The Session or Get The Fuck Out!

Nah, exposing the terminals is perfectly OK. But, alligator clamps would be seriously 'other practices'...

Zinj

HelluvaHoax!

I see there's a fair bit of inaccurate opinion and and some additional twaddle on this thread from folks who've not actually done or really studied this subject of "objectives" and/or CCHs :duh:

Your r-factor was a life-saver!

Although I spent decades studying, applying, training others and C/Sing the tech, I nonetheless still harbored "a fair bit of inaccurate opinion and some additional twaddle" which I could not divest myself of.

Once you brought to light my outpoint-riddled twaddle, I immediately routed into Qual for a complete and standard De-Bug.

Happily, I report back to this thread with an all-new and improved attitude and opinion. It didn't really sink in until I completed the 100 hours of Chinese School on it. For anyone who doubts that the Tech Works, you can get the LRH Chinese School taped lectures and play them again and again and again.....by the way, I find it really helps if you play them at bed-time when you are a bit anaten, it really sinks in!

The Tech Works!
I am having Wins!
The Tech Works!
I am having Wins!
The Tech Works!
I am having Wins!
The Tech Works!
I am having Wins!
The Tech Works!
I am having Wins
The Tech Works!
I am having Wins!
I am getting sleepy!
The Tech Works!
I am having Wins!
The Tech Works!
My eyes are getting heavy.
I am having Wins!
The Tech Works!
I am getting very sleepy now.
I am having Wins.
I will not remember anything except my wins.
I am having Wins!
The Tech Works
I am feeling calm, my space feels calm.
I am having Wins!
I want to thank Ron.
The Tech Works!
I am having Wins!
I am having wins beyond my wildest imagination.
The Tech Works!
I am having Wins!
I want others to have the same wins.
The Tech Works!
I am having Wins!
I am hammering out of existence others' non-standard opinions.
The Tech Works!
I am having Wins!

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> YOu see, these processes are actually used to cause or allow the PC to knowingly do what they are being asked to do.
Heh.. 'asked to do' sound perfectly dilletantish, but it's good PR I guess? - These drills are to teach you to accept control.. To 'flatten your button' on control.. To make you obey with no 'counterintention' or 'protest'.
A lot of folks go through life on an automatic, dazed and partially unaware basis.
Not me.. Unless I'm drunk.. But I must admit that I'm unaware of the Marcabian space fleet and spiritual realms outta this world.
Are you being fresh with me? - Insinuating that I don't know WTF I'm doing!?
Opening Procedure by Duplication (Opi-Doop or "book and bottle") similarly causes a PC to differentiate at a high knowing, present awareness level between the two locations and objects in the Physical Universe.

These are actually very vital skills/abilities to have under your control . . . not a lot of folks are in that condition.
I am too in that 'condition! - I've always been aware of stuff so that I don't accidently break any ming vases.. In fact, I'm aware of a helluva lot of fast moving objects and obstacles while driving a car. I know precisely where my own ass is, as well as all the other drivers, bicyclists and milling pedestrians while driving. I even manage to talk to the missus and watch airplanes, pretty landscapes and the occasional pretty girl on the sidewalk too.. See.. Awareness of objects in the physical universe comes natural to me..

Ah.. And mind you.. I did that before I ever did any CCH's!
In my observation, folks who've protested or disagreed objectives are folks who've either addressed them based on a misunderstood or had some other cause or reason for not actually really doing the process. <snip>
Ok.. I hear you.. You sound like a scientologist handling me.. Just moments before he decides that I'm a damnable SP..

I will not redo the CCH's! - Waste of time.. I already have the 'abilities' and are using them on a routine basis every damned day!

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

I will not redo the CCH's! - Waste of time.. I already have the 'abilities' and are using them on a routine basis every damned day!

I feel very, very sorry for you.

You chase butterflies while your eternity dangles on a precariously unraveling thread.

42-17388491.jpg

I will give you the tone-40 R-Factor that I was once given by an OT.

"You're not wrong----Just your data."

Feel a cognition coming on now punk, well do ya?

Student of Trinity

Silver Meritorious Patron
This Objectives stuff doesn't sound so impressive to me. And though I may be speaking from ignorance, I'm not just being obtuse. I have a point, which can perhaps be outweighed by other points, but which I think needs to be appreciated for what it's worth.

See, I can see there is something to becoming calmly focused in the moment, fully aware of simple circumstances around you. But the thing is, I doubt it's really all it's cracked up to be. Taking off your boots at the end of a long march feels really good. But come next day, you have to march again, and if you want to make any progress, you really need boots.

In the same way, if you're tired from the strain of trying to accomplish complicated tasks in situations too complicated to maintain in full awareness, then it feels great to lay all that down and just be in the moment for a change. But all those unnatural mental attitudes we take — ignoring many things to focus on a few, planning ahead and forgetting the present — these are actually boots for the soul. They let us achieve things that we could never do otherwise. They're not problems that we need to get rid of forever; they're important tools that we will need to take up again and again.

Sure it seems appealing, to become permanently focused in the moment. It's appealing the way beach vacations are appealing. But if you plan on getting much done in your life, you'd better let focusing on the moment be a periodic relaxation, not a goal. By all means take off your boots at the end of the day, but don't plan on throwing your boots away, unless you feel you can afford to just sit around for the rest of your life.