What's new

E-Meter Invented by Psychs - History of The Meter

AnonKat

Crusader
cgjung.gif

Carl Gustav Jung (1875-1961), Swiss doctor and psychologist. A close associate of Sigmund Freud for a number of years, then went his own ways. C.G. Jung first reported on his findings of using a GSR Meter in 1907 in an article in "Journal of Abnormal Psychology". A summary in German is quoted below. It is from a German Bio feed-back website at: WWW.Skinktalk.de

The first scientist known to have used a Meter in psychological research was Tarchinoff, who in 1888 discovered the phenomenon of skin resistance. He found that a person's resistance to the passage of a tiny electric current through hand held electrodes would vary according to the subject's emotional state. The simple psycho-galvanometer he invented to investigate this phenomenon was one of the earliest tools of psychological research.
[Reference: www.Sobra.net]

MOAR: http://www.freezoneearth.org/allmeters/scrapbook/historymeter.htm

LOL AT IRONY

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

Like this little gem: "The negative energy or charge isn’t always composed of exactly the same type of mass as there are quality variations in sources of resistance. Facsimiles of matter, energy, space and time created by different beings can be based on different theories of relativity for different universes or dimensions. The common denominators can be broken down into: facsimiles, (+s) pushes, (-s) pulls, (+/-s) ridges which are a mix, or neutrals that aren’t involved except in a spectator mode, connections, and intentions."

Any FZers care to explain that?

Paul

Like this little gem: "The negative energy or charge isn’t always composed of exactly the same type of mass as there are quality variations in sources of resistance. Facsimiles of matter, energy, space and time created by different beings can be based on different theories of relativity for different universes or dimensions. The common denominators can be broken down into: facsimiles, (+s) pushes, (-s) pulls, (+/-s) ridges which are a mix, or neutrals that aren’t involved except in a spectator mode, connections, and intentions."

Any FZers care to explain that?

Paul

Hehehe I get goose bumps when sweet nothings are whispered by far left types.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Don't worry, someone will upload it as a torrent. You'd still need the cans, though. Avast ye auditing scabs!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Don't worry, someone will upload it as a torrent. You'd still need the cans, though. Avast ye auditing scabs!

You need the hardware too. For example, you can download Ralph's C-meter software straight off his website free of charge, but it doesn't work without the hardware.

In case anyone missed them, I have a dozen or so C-meter videos at http://www.youtube.com/user/esmbdof, including underwater metering (really!).

Paul

Hatshepsut

Crusader
VirtualClarity2.png

So I guess this one is by Hank Levin?

Dulloldfart what kind of hardware does on need in order to download C-meter software? I have an old Thinkpad like in the picture. :)

going to go check out your youtube vids on this now.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
Ol' Hank makes a good meter. So does Ralph, from reports I've heard. Both are a cut above what the Church offers, IMO. Although I heard Davies new Mark VIII is supposed to look almost as cool as a transparent toaster.

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I had one of those transparent phones once. I've seen those transparent meters too in all the juicy colors. What were they thinking?

VirtualClarity2.png

So I guess this one is by Hank Levin?

Yes. I have one of Nic Ford's Mindwalkers. I love it.

Dulloldfart what kind of hardware does on need in order to download C-meter software? I have an old Thinkpad like in the picture. :)

going to go check out your youtube vids on this now.

Depends on how old. :coolwink: Although generally hardware is not a problem. If your machine can run one of the supported operating systems it should be more than adequate to the task of running the meter.

Here's Hank's page.
http://www.trans4mind.com/clarity/features_vcm.html

Mark A. Baker

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

http://www.cmeter.org/

Ralph says, "As the software is efficiently written in C++ it can run on older machines making it possible to use an inexpensive 233+ MHz laptop as a dedicated meter."

-----

You still need to buy the C-meter box, of course.

Paul

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
It's a nice idea, but I would rather something like an osciliscope display instead of emulating a mechanical needle, and a second colored trace showing automatic tone arm adjustment.

Then you could have a text box underneath showing the current checklist you are running...