What's new

Marty Rathbun Uses Hushmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I especially enjoyed Veda's little fantasy about the Judge seeing the light after meeting Marty :)

I wonder how thrilled Behar and Sweeney are to have read Marty's reply to 'Friend of LRH':

martyrathbun09 | September 17, 2010 at 2:24 am

And look who has gotten them to change their views. But, according to your Radical Scientology, people cannot really change. They are either inherently evil or not. And that is why you are at TOTAL, and I mean TOTAL, effect; because only one guy ultimately gets to make that determination and he is certifiably insane. Your attitude is dangerous.

mrinder | September 17, 2010 at 2:49 am | Reply

Wow Marty. I wish I had thought to say that…
==================================

Heh. No doubt the Judge is next...

Zinj

Final words from me here:

As I said, obviously they are hiring people to do Internet stuff - just like they enlisted me.

No, I am not naive when it comes to what OSA is capable of.

I said what my own experiences was. That's all.

And no, I cannot see how Al can conclude that what I had to offer can in any way, shape or form contribute to what he is stretching it to mean.

But, as too often, some commence to manufacture what my intentions or thoughts are. It reminds me of how scientologists so often judge people by next to no evidence; He is out-ethics, he's PTS, he's got overts, engram in restim. You name it.

As you have no doubt noticed for yourself, many critics have left the church but have chosen to keep the mentality.

Mark A. Baker

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron
As you have no doubt noticed for yourself, many critics have left the church but have chosen to keep the mentality.

Mark A. Baker

We will not speculate here on why some believe that they have risen above those who are still stuck in the mentality. :omg:

So realize that they have climbed out of the mud by whatever good luck and good sense, and refuse to sink back into it again.

Well done and hip, hip, hooray!

Isene

Patron with Honors

Change of subject, so I'll answer;

Yes, more often than not. I am amazed at the time some critics invest in Scientology. Many seems more dedicated than the average OTC chairman.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Yes, more often than not. I am amazed at the time some critics invest in Scientology. Many seems more dedicated than the average OTC chairman.

Just in case you thought otherwise, Zinjifar was never in scientology.

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron

Huh?

HFST009.JPG

nozeno

Gold Meritorious Patron

We will not speculate here on why some believe that they have risen above those who are still stuck in the mentality. :omg:

So realize that they have climbed out of the mud by whatever good luck and good sense, and refuse to sink back into it again.

Well done and hip, hip, hooray!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Starting here; Behar has a number of comments to the thread, culminating in Marty's claim that he's 'changed his mind about Scientology thanks to Marty's input':
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/09/15/bbc-one-panorama-finally/#comments
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richard Behar | September 16, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Reply

Hi everyone, Richard Behar here. Sweeney, kudos — you had me spitting up in laughter. Let’s get together again when you’re not being chased. Mike [Rinder], for me it’s not a matter of having lacked courage, so much as not wanting to spend another 10 years in litigation, etc., unless I felt I could move the ball at least 30 yards down the field from where I left things. That’s what I always told people when asked if I’d do another piece. Too many of those years in litigation morphed me into a part-time reporter [read: less time for other exposes that I felt should be done.] That said, I may return to it in a book someday. All best to you. -Rich

martyrathbun09 | September 16, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Reply

Rich,
Thanks for weighing in. I’ve heard of some of the monsters you have tackled since. Having spent three years in indy media I, for one, appreciate your response.
Marty
mrinder | September 16, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Reply

Rich– thanks for your comment. I had no idea why you didn’t do another story, but I know that the pressure brought to bear (in whatever form) is a serious deterrent to anyone who steps up to the plate for one round. Very few come back for a second helping — my comment concerned the courage of Sweeney rather than lack of courage of anyone else. Mike

Zinj

Zinj, he posted 3x and nothing there shows any sort of allegience. What he did was comment to Sweeney and Rinder then state the truth (about how he was harrassed ) and that he wants to talk w/Marty about his role in that. If I were Behar, I'd be asking, too.

Behar is a smart man. He's kept up with things and has a few critics he keeps in contact with. I see no friendship with Marty in the works.

Mary

Insight into why others do what they do doesn't seem to be your strong point.

Sir Facer

Patron with Honors
well said

Alanzo, you are putting too much significance in hushmail, you seem to imply there is something wrong with it or that M&M must be hiding something to use it. This is bad.

Ther is nothing wrong by using hushmail and I would think M&M would be stupid to NOT use it. There are many paranoic people still in that want a safe way to communicate with Marty, to protect their identity from Co$ hackers, and hushmail is a good tool for that.

I think so because I wouldn't had communicated certain things to Marty in any less secure way, and I asked for it.

For those who don't know, hushmail is a free service that let you create an email account and exchange e-mails with other hushmail accounts in a very secure (encrypted) way, so that your communication cannot be viewed or tampered by other people/programs in the middle.

Well said ML! My god there is so nothing to "read into" here!

AnonKat

Crusader
that

Alanzo, you are putting too much significance in hushmail, you seem to imply there is something wrong with it or that M&M must be hiding something to use it. This is bad.

Ther is nothing wrong by using hushmail and I would think M&M would be stupid to NOT use it. There are many paranoic people still in that want a safe way to communicate with Marty, to protect their identity from Co$ hackers, and hushmail is a good tool for that.

I think so because I wouldn't had communicated certain things to Marty in any less secure way, and I asked for it.

For those who don't know, hushmail is a free service that let you create an email account and exchange e-mails with other hushmail accounts in a very secure (encrypted) way, so that your communication cannot be viewed or tampered by other people/programs in the middle.

THIS

Last edited:

Veda

Sponsor
The final goodbye to the failed-to-complete-their-LRH Bridge nattering bashing Scientology haters:

Thank you for that.

Agreed. Goodbye.

Oh wait....

Final words from me here:

As I said, obviously they are hiring people to do Internet stuff - just like they enlisted me.

No, I am not naive when it comes to what OSA is capable of.

I said what my own experiences was. That's all.

And no, I cannot see how Al can conclude that what I had to offer can in any way, shape or form contribute to what he is stretching it to mean.

But, as too often, some commence to manufacture what my intentions or thoughts are. It reminds me of how scientologists so often judge people by next to no evidence; He is out-ethics, he's PTS, he's got overts, engram in restim. You name it.

And, ah....

Veda

Sponsor
I especially enjoyed Veda's little fantasy about the Judge seeing the light after meeting Marty :)

-snip-

Zinj

It was enjoyable wasn't it?

I'd forgotten how much I enjoy theta success stories, seeing as I natter so much - all that unhandled by-passed charge and stuff. So, for those others, who, unlike us who have blocked our own path on the LRH Bridge by our own "overts" against Mankind's Only Hope (and the only hope for the decontamination of this sector of the galaxy), let's end this thread with a Scientology Success Story, and re-visit the world of imagination, as dreamt by Marty R., and by the starry-eyed Independent/FZ Scientologists:

Emerging from a visit with Marty Rathbun, now retired Superior Court Judge Paul G. Breckenridge was quick to clarify his comments of over a quarter century ago:

"I know that, regarding L. Ron Hubbard, I wrote and said that, 'the evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a pathological liar when it comes to his history, background and achievements', and that, 'the writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egotism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile.' And I know I wrote and said that Mr. Hubbard 'manipulated' Scientologists, but I was way out of line in all of that, and just plain wrong.

"After spending some time with the charming Mr. Rathbun, I can see that L. Ron Hubbard was a fine and brilliant man, and I have come to realize that what I have written and said, in the past, may have injured the applied religious philosophy of Scientology, which in my studied opinion may be the only hope for sanity in future generations. My hope, now, is that those who have abandoned Scientology in disillusionment will recognize that there is nothing really wrong with Scientology, other than its current leader David Miscavige, and the misunderstandings and misapplications that this suppressive Miscavige person has brought about, and that they will consider returning to this wonderful applied religious philosophy and being Scientologists again."

Rathbun and the retired Judge embraced warmly, and the elderly Judge could be overheard humming the 'Moving on up!' theme song as he walked to his car. "I'll be back in a month to start my adventure up Ron's Bridge!" were the Judge's parting words, as he drove off happily.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Emerging from a visit with Marty Rathbun, now retired Superior Court Judge Paul G. Breckenridge was quick to clarify his comments of over a quarter century ago:

"I know that, regarding L. Ron Hubbard, I wrote and said that, 'the evidence portrays a man who has been virtually a pathological liar when it comes to his history, background and achievements', and that, 'the writings and documents in evidence additionally reflect his egotism, greed, avarice, lust for power, and vindictiveness and aggressiveness against persons perceived by him to be disloyal or hostile.' And I know I wrote and said that Mr. Hubbard 'manipulated' Scientologists, but I was way out of line in all of that, and just plain wrong.

"After spending some time with the charming Mr. Rathbun, I can see that L. Ron Hubbard was a fine and brilliant man, and I have come to realize that what I have written and said, in the past, may have injured the applied religious philosophy of Scientology, which in my studied opinion may be the only hope for sanity in future generations. My hope, now, is that those who have abandoned Scientology in disillusionment will recognize that there is nothing really wrong with Scientology, other than its current leader David Miscavige, and the misunderstandings and misapplications that this suppressive Miscavige person has brought about, and that they will consider returning to this wonderful applied religious philosophy and being Scientologists again."

Rathbun and the retired Judge embraced warmly, and the elderly Judge could be overheard humming the 'Moving on up!' theme song as he walked to his car. "I'll be back in a month to start my adventure up Ron's Bridge!" were the Judge's parting words, as he drove off happily.
Hell's bells! - I saw this, and being unprepared for Veda doing a 'Helluvahoax' I got fairly agitated! - I had to scream generalities out the window!

:omg:

Feral

Rogue male
The final goodbye to the failed-to-complete-their-LRH Bridge nattering bashing Scientology haters:

Oh wait....

And, ah....

Gee Veda, I'm glad I never finished my bridge to OT VIII, you really don't seem to like them....:whistling:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Maybe the Scientologists aren't intentionally misduplicating this thread, or intentionally mischaracterizing, belittling or demonizing the motivation behind it.

Maybe I just didn't use the right push-button phrase from their ideological mindset that would get them to understand it.

So here we go:

It's called "writing up your hat".

Remember how in Scientology it is a standard policy to write up what you learn while working on a post and to make it available to others so that the tech you used could be used by others, too, and what you learned would not be lost?

That's the reason for this thread.

And it is the motivation behind it.

I am asking Marty and Mike to write up their hats regarding OSA's tactics and capabilities and to make that hat available to everyone.

I have now made my point as clearly as I can, and in multiple ways, with examples, and illustrations, and now I've even used Scientologese.

I am going to go take a shower now.

Status
Not open for further replies.